[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 59 KB, 1024x914, 1650295054017m.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
20805838 No.20805838 [Reply] [Original]

Not gonna blogpost, so I keep it short:
I have extreme emotional issues, mainly anger and hate. An entitled cunt skipped the line in an airport in front of me, it happened four months ago and I am still fuming that she got away with it, that she is a cunt and I'm such a huge cuck I didn't kick her teeth in then and there. One of many examples I think of multiple times daily and that agitate me daily. Lately I noticed heart palpitations, my resting pulse is 110-120 probably from my 24/7 emotional distress and fear I'll just drop day sooner rather than later if this keeps going on. 100% unironically, I'll die of a heart attack before 30 if I keep living like this, I am 27 now.
To the point: I am looking for books that will help or guide me to becoming completely detached from my emotions, ideally before I fucking die or kill someone.
I found "On Anger" by Seneca, sadly not a physical copy, but it'll have to do. But is it even a good book? People online seem happy with it. Do you know any other books that will please fucking help me? I am pretty new to reading, so nothing too compliated, I never went to university and have no background knowledge of philosophy/psychology etc.
Is starting with On Anger by Seneca a good place? What about Meditations by Markus Aurelius?
I judt googled my issue and found that a lot of pages reccomend those Greek stoics. Would you too and if yes, which books? If I get no replies I will start with On Anger tonight and hope my attention span isn't completely shot.
Thanks.

>> No.20805871

>>20805838
>I’m not gonna write a blog post
>writes a blogpost
That girl never thinks about you yet still plagues your mind. How about you just let go anon. Seriously, it’s not that big a fucking deal

>> No.20805885
File: 100 KB, 900x900, E57EE1CF-3B40-4A7C-8666-A2C3C2E8B737.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

read hesse‘s siddhartha and try to understand that you need to find your own way
there is no book which magically solve your problems and you should drop that weird view on books as if they were some kind of video game power ups which

>> No.20805890

>>20805885
ignore the last word, but yes your problems don‘t seem like the kind which could be solved with some reading

>> No.20805908

idk read Dostoyevsky or something

>> No.20805928

>>20805838
Listen to Bach. He struggled with his temper.

>> No.20805932

>>20805838
If you’re not a larping faggot you have serious issues. Reading fiction isn’t going to fix your shit or “guide you” or whatever you said in your blogpost. The things that will actually fix you require effort and you don’t seem to want to put any effort into fixing yourself.

>> No.20805939

>>20805838
Read this:
>you need to get yourself on some medication and into therapy before you kill someone or yourself

>> No.20805948

Bible

>> No.20805951

Nothing a bit of solo drinking and sleep deprivation won't fuck up.

>> No.20805959
File: 2.61 MB, 1000x1328, chrysipu.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20805838
Eliminate the causes of inconvenience as much as possible. I'm pretty zen IRL and find most things to be sources of comedy, but I've noticed I'm still 'allowing' myself to snap at people or become actually physically furious like when waiting for a car and the car doesn't arrive. I'm over it very quickly, but I don't get like it in the first place when I understand the reason 'why' "the car was late" and know ahead of time that I may be waiting if I call for a car from this place or that place.

"Happy is he who has discovered the Causes of Things, happy is he who has cast beneath his feet all fear (of doubt) and the noise (the clamor) of the all-devouring underworld (the baseless opinions of people)"
Virgil.

Definitely browse the early work from the 1900's on repression as causes for anger, stress and other emotional things (William Reichs early work pre-orgone machine); the greater cause of anger, it seems to me, is the aspect of repression in the firs place: if I was forced to do some job I hated and was forced to do XYZ, as a young ult or teenager, I probably would have been able to control myself and not let it show, 'but' I would be very fucking angry and resentful constantly and this would be bottled up and then explode or result in the kind of things you're describing; probably describable as a mild form of induced prolonged paranoid psychosis.

Of course, one of the greater reasons to be happier in general is that understanding that (the above) is how most people in the cities live their lives all the time does mean that you're already able to avoid most of their mistakes and at least not wander blindly down the same paths or make the same muddled responses/choices based on your anger or psychosis with you having mistaken it for "well i'm entitled to feel this way!"

Pathos is what you're dealing with, "Pathos : Emotional Reactivism, Suffering, Extreme Emotionalism, etc.," Pathos is countered by Logos but can be inadvertently fortified by Ethos (normalcy bias from local culture, e.g. where you think it's a cultural habit to "get drunk to forget about it").

Chrysippus the 'second founder of the stoic school' was one of the few greco-roman stoics who I noticed as being far better than the generally known and the more widely read today. A lot of his works were destroyed and so only fragments exists, mostly detailing the dialectic of discerning and proving Causes, but his death gives a great character study completely by accident:

As a very old man, he watched donkey eating figs from a tree, maybe it was his orchard or his neighbors orchard, and he laughed and called for someone to give the donkey a drink of expensive wine as well, then he laughed at the surrealism of the thing and had a heart attack from laughter.

The thing is that he was laughing where someone else may have become furious and ran at the donkey with a stick for the perceived crimes of the donkey of which the donkey was obviously unaware.

>> No.20806098

>>20805838
1. get 8 hours of sleep at least
2. don't drink any caffeine, don't do drugs
3. exercise, at least cardio, 30mins a day on average

4. accomplish the three steps above by directing your anger towards accomplishing them

if you do all of this, you'll learn what you need to manage your life and emotional issues.

>> No.20806133

>>20806098
>4. accomplish the three steps above by directing your anger towards accomplishing them
A ridiculous statement.

i.e.
Stay angry, be angry and vent it on a punchbag, imagining yourself physically assaulting people when you're working out.

>> No.20806180

>>20806098
>don't drink any caffeine,
Maintain a state of permanent lethargy, so your thought processes are slowed down and fuzzy.

>> No.20806190

I'm a lot like you, op. I get easily worked up over things, it got to the point where I was walking around in a blind fury hoping someone random would talk shit to me just so I could drop them and take my rage out on them. Existing in this circus world is a tall order and if you're an emotional guy, it'll take its toll on you.

I don't have any books to recommend but I will say that what helped me tremendously is Prozac. SSRIs will emotionally blunt you, and that's a good thing. It might sound a bit dystopian but it's a lot easier to exist if you circumcise your ability to feel. it's ironic but you can feel a lot happier overall by dampening your ability to feel extreme happiness and extreme sadness/anger, I guess it's like a literal Buddha pill. I don't ever want to go back to feeling extreme emotion and SSRIs are the only way to achieve that as far as I'm aware

>> No.20806195

>>20806180
If you stop drinking caffeine, you also stop feeling tired when not drinking it after some time. If you get tired and slow from not drinking caffeine then you are addicted to caffeine.

>> No.20806893

>>20806195
>If you stop drinking caffeine, you also stop feeling tired when not drinking it after some time.
I strongly disagree. Before I ever started drinking it, like with most people probably, I was never alert. Before conflating it with an addiction you might want to query the reason why anybody starts drinking coffee in the first place. Coffee also acts as a cleanser for pancreas, kidney, bowels, etc.

>> No.20806915
File: 275 KB, 1400x2223, 9781611806403-2808972741.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20805838
Book of the Five Rings/Family Traditions on the Art of War

The second half, the Family Traditions, relies on Zen sayings that get obtuse and require working out. It's a very short two-volume. It comes from when warriors ruled Japan and were more esteemed than monks.

>> No.20806920
File: 84 KB, 850x400, pharmacological huxley.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20806190

>> No.20806952 [DELETED] 

>>20806190
>Prozac. SSRIs will emotionally blunt you, and that's a good thing. It might sound a bit dystopian but

I posted this earlier today: >>20805959 so this may seem like a paradox but, no. SSRI's don't remove your feelings, they just chug you through whatever you're doing in a half-minded kind of psychosis. I was on these myself years back, for too long like everybody else, and wasn't 'feeling' any happier (why would i when the causes of my problems hadn't been resolved in the real world, duh) but I strongly feel a fuzzy sense of disconnectedness and absent mindedness from it. This isn't what emotions are or what emotionalism/reactivism is; e.g. i'd still get angry and more often because i wasn't paying attention to things and noticing the causes of problems early on to prevent things from happening.

It's an easy choice really,
do you 1) keep being around terribly stupid people or work terribly miserable jobs and take drugs to numb yourself out to it (weed addicts e.g.)
or do you 2) actually resolve those problems.

Prozac, imo, is portrayed best by Tony Soprano and it's a genius satire; he's taking prozac and going about his day in a numbed-out zombie state, getting into all sorts of adventures and murdering his best friends.

>> No.20806956 [DELETED] 

>>20806190
>Prozac. SSRIs will emotionally blunt you, and that's a good thing. It might sound a bit dystopian but

I posted this earlier today: >>20805959 (You) so this may seem like a paradox but, no. SSRI's don't remove your feelings, they just chug you through whatever you're doing in a half-minded kind of psychosis. I was on these myself years back, for too long like everybody else, and wasn't 'feeling' any happier (why would i when the causes of my problems hadn't been resolved in the real world, duh) but I strongly feel a fuzzy sense of disconnectedness and absent mindedness from it. This isn't what emotions are or what emotionalism/reactivism is; e.g. i'd still get angry and more often because i wasn't paying attention to things and noticing the causes of problems early on to prevent things from happening.

do you 1) keep being around terribly stupid people or work terribly miserable jobs and take drugs to numb yourself out to it (weed addicts e.g.)

Prozac, imo, is portrayed best by Tony Soprano and it's a genius satire; he's taking prozac and going about his day in a numbed-out zombie state, getting into all sorts of adventures and murdering his best friends.

still if you want to have fun, smoke weed on prozac lol

epicurean.

>> No.20806969

>>20806190

I posted this earlier today: >>20805959 (You) (You) so this may seem like a paradox but, no. SSRI's don't remove your feelings, they just chug you through whatever you're doing in a half-minded kind of psychosis. I was on these myself years back, for too long like everybody else, and wasn't 'feeling' any happier (why would i when the causes of my problems hadn't been resolved in the real world, duh) but I strongly remember a fuzzy sense of disconnectedness and absent mindedness from it. This isn't what emotions are or what emotionalism/reactivism is; e.g. i'd still get angry and more often because i wasn't paying attention to things and noticing the causes of problems early on to prevent things from happening.

still if you want to have fun, smoke weed on prozac lol

epicurean.

>> No.20806982

>>20806893
Not him but if you were genuinely lethargic all the time before becoming a coffee addict then you probably have some disorder. That's not even close to normal.

>> No.20807001

>>20805838
le angry man

>> No.20807006

>>20806982
>genuinely lethargic
I didn't say 'lethargic' I said "not alert," meaning not entirely 150% brain function. The difference between a female admin manager and Elon Musk.

>> No.20807021
File: 142 KB, 1000x1340, 1653514017808.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Read August Kubizek's "The Young Hitler I Knew," and make sure you stick with it and finish it. Anger and hate are ambivalent forces. They are neither necessarily good nor necessarily bad. You are living in a deeply, horrifically sick society of sloppy selfish monsters who don't even know where they are or who they are, yet feel entitled to demand everything of every stranger they meet, in a kind of Hobbesian "bellum omnium contra omnes," but not in a cool sociopath way, more in the pig-headed way described by Gasset:
>As today his surroundings do not so force him, the eternal mass-man, true to his character, ceases to appeal to any authority other than himself, and feels himself lord of his own existence. Conversely the select man, the excellent man is urged by interior necessity to appeal to some standard beyond himself, superior to himself, into whose service he freely enters. ... Contrary to what is usually thought, it is the man of excellence, not the common man who lives in essential servitude. Life has no savour for him unless he makes it consist in service to something transcendent. Hence he does not look upon the necessity of serving as an oppression. When, by chance, such necessity is lacking, he grows restless and invents some new standard, more difficult, more exigent, with which to coerce himself. This is life lived as a discipline — the noble life.

Everyone will tell you that the only answer to "I'm angry" is to stop being angry. But that isn't necessarily true. The world needs its prophets and its remonstrators. It DOESN'T need seething babbies who explode on some random piece of shit in an airport line or shoot a bunch of old ladies at the grocery store. All I'm saying is that entirely focusing on repressing these feelings, rather than channeling them into some kind of productive and even ultimately peaceful and socially acceptable firebrand activity, may lead to greater problems in the long run (even if it's only crushing your soul and your uniqueness invisibly), if the "exploding/repressing" dichotomy is a false one to begin with.

I'm not a huge Peterson fan but unironically look up some of his videos or articles or whatever on disgust vs. fear, how it's a big mistake to think that the "great despisers" (Nietzsche) are necessarily motivated by "fear" of sloppy, awful, invasive, undifferentiated people who spread like weeds and choke out all true human growth. You may just have a heightened sensitivity to degeneracy. Nietzsche:
>I love the great despisers, because they are the great adorers, and arrows of longing for the other shore.

Read Evola on "evasive man," a so-so translation of "uomo sfuggente": shrinking, receding man, similar to Nietzsche's "last men." It is NORMAL to be disgusted by filth, degeneration, decay, sloppiness, piggishness. "Wrong life cannot be lived rightly" (Adorno). It's NOT normal to want to kill some fat pig in line at Denny's for being a symptom of a disease. Focus your anger, cure the disease.

>> No.20807053

>>20805838
Read Rig Veda and the Bhagavad Gita + the things you selected. However, as the other anons in this thread have stated, reading books will not solve your issue. Eat good whole foods. Start with a combat sport, preferably one you can practice yourself decently enough, like boxing (please learn the actual movements and footwork, et cetera. Tony Jeffries on youtube has great videos on boxing techniques.) Imagine the bag is a person you hate, imagine it is your fear and emotions, dominate them. Or, if you are shadowboxing just imagine someone you hate in front of you. Another great thing is to practice breathing techniques from some eastern masters, this is referred to as yoga i believe. look it up. unironically meditate, use the breathing techniques and confront your emotions in the empty void of your meditative mind. Listen to calming music of your choosing, whether it be classical music or a score from your favorite vidya or film. Avoid garbage music that "hypes" you up, like rap or pop just avoid that trash in general.

A final note, do not go crazy with any serious exercise, I am not sure how your heart would react to being intense, I am not a medical anon by any means and should probably direct that towards your doctor, you may very well have an issue piled on top of your emotional problems.

>> No.20807072

Mood stabilizers gunk you up too, maybe worse than SSRIs, I'm not sure- I've never been on SSRIs. Mood stabilizers are terrible, they make you feel like less of a person, you hardly feel anything, but I was depressed and angry with myself for my failures even through the medication. You have to ultimately work through your trauma to heal it. Acknowledge it, understand it, and then solve it. Psychiatric medication is just trying to buy a solution. It's like lidocaine for the mind, nobody actually heals from it. The best psych medicine does is try to stop someone from getting worse. Healing by working through trauma requires intellect, meditation and careful study, and I'm afraid such techniques are beyond many normal people.

>>20806969
> they just chug you through whatever you're doing in a half-minded kind of psychosis
On technical terminology, psychosis refers to drastic mood swings, and the associated odd behavior or hallucinations. I'm not sure if you meant this meaning.
The goal of mood stabilizers is to try and arrest swings in mood, and (hopefully though often unsuccessfully) try to halt resulting hallucinations. SSRIs are a class of medication different of mood stabilizers.

>> No.20807073
File: 167 KB, 900x889, 1648297968592.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20806190
Don't do this to yourself. You need to integrate the nightmare world you live in at a higher level that makes sense of it. Become an inhabitant of a higher, more encompassing world, by realizing you always already were an inhabitant of that world, and then look down from that height on this apparent "reality" with all its "well-adjusted" monsters. When you see the contingency and inversion of the current mundane "reality," how it is the exact inversion of what any normal human society naturally manifests in the absence of utterly bizarre forces working to the opposite and abnormal effect, you will just pity all the fucking freaks who thrive in it.

They will still be annoyances, nothing can really take away the sting of having to pretend your open mouth eating littering red light running happy go lucky pig childless hedonist coworker is a fully grown human being, but at least you will just see her as the diseased monkey she is and you can be far more efficient in removing yourself. There is a lot less sting in "This world is pretty fucked up, I'm going to make it my priority to move somewhere relatively agrarian and chill, shame I'll have to tolerate this crap in the meantime" than in your unconscious mind blasting "WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE??? IS THIS NORMAL??? AM I ABNORMAL FOR NOT LIKING THIS??? IS THIS HELL???" 24/7, just under the surface, while normies notice you're not smiling at the Marvel movie on the screen and go out of their way to chide you.

>> No.20807083

>>20807021
>if the "exploding/repressing" dichotomy is a false one to begin with.
Unlikely; you don't want to kill Fred when he's making you angry if Fred ins't there or if you've never heard of Fred, as Fred is there you can either kill him and torture him in your basement, if you can, or you can realize Fred is a mental patient whose personality creates suffering and causes his own suffering and then stop being near him.

>Read August Kubizek's "The Young Hitler I Knew," and make sure you stick with it and finish it.
Not sure where you're going with this or the attahced image. But the Hitlerian model, or things like it, is rooted upon the simple stubborn refusal that people have to question the wisdom of their own society; e.g. a person blames the Jews for XYZ, but they don't realize that it's the weakness and poor culture of the society itself which enables petty exploitation by predatory-minded groups. Jews got nowhere in Ancient Rome, for instance, but they exceeded in Christian Europe due to the low education standards regarding money and logic, allowing e.g. bad practice to be seen as clever and genius practice.

Politics is Ethos; it's local regional opinions, buoyed up by emotional appeals (Pathos), lies for wars, etc., with real intelligence (Logos) virtually completely absent, since it would be forced to oppose the Ethos and the Pathos.

re: image, the real revolutionary act is to grow crops.

>> No.20807090

>>20807072
>You have to ultimately work through your trauma to heal it. Acknowledge it, understand it, and then solve it.
Whatever else anyone may think of Jung, I found his description of integration via the productive (not merely destructive or deconstructive) confrontation of the shadow and the persona to be the most adequate description of what modern man needs.

I also recommend OP and any others like him look into Piaget's stages of maturity. Poke around for some of the less politically correct interpretations like Duchesne's, that apply these stages at the group level. Combine that with Gasset's "Revolt of the Masses," Tuttle's "The Crowd is Untruth." You are not necessarily abnormal for noticing things are fucked up. As Evola says, we are experiencing "drops in level" in basic human quality and character, to the point that human beings are barely even there anymore, they are just consumers with a thin veneer of shit they saw in Netflix TV shows.

The average person, especially the average young person who really has no reason to be connected to any kind of substantial reality anymore and has been raised entirely in a social media cocoon, is basically in a state of psychosis, wandering around staring at random objects and thinking random fragments of thoughts. This can't last, the only reason we don't see how dystopian this is is because we're raised into it.

>> No.20807104 [DELETED] 

>>20807072
>drastic mood swings,
it 'can' refer to that as one symptom; paranoid ideation, for example, is another.

It's actually a good point you just made though; perhaps the prozac can, in some people, mask their symptoms by cutting out the mood swings whilst keeping everything else; paranoid ideation, going along in full force.

Have a good look at the tickboxes for what Sluggish Schizophrenia was in the USSR; you'll find most of these aspects actually listed there; ideation, self-importance, narratives are real vs. reality is real, etc.

>> No.20807105

>>20807083
>re: image, the real revolutionary act is to grow crops.
This has been made impossible - read the introduction to Hanson's "The Other Greeks."

All the intelligent people a century ago knew that it wasn't just a matter of a systemic "drop in level" (Evola), occurring due to structural factors etc. They knew that this is a deliberate war being waged on real human beings and the possibility of human character. But for the past century well-meaning people, who generally don't want to admit that they're in a spiritual war, have said things like "just go to a small town" or "just grow crops." Well, read Hanson. Agrarianism is now impossible. The forces at work here are not content to let you flee to an island reserved for special autistic people, as in >>20806920. They will forcibly haul you back to a pod and, soon, forcibly put you on SSRIs and mood stabilizers.

>> No.20807125

>>20807072
>drastic mood swings,
it 'can' refer to that as one symptom; paranoid ideation, for example, is another.

It's actually a good point you just made though; perhaps the prozac can, in some people, mask their symptoms by cutting out the mood swings whilst keeping everything else; paranoid ideation, going along in full force.

Have a good look at the tickboxes for what Sluggish Schizophrenia was in the USSR; you'll find most of these aspects actually listed there; ideation, self-importance, narratives are real vs. reality is real, etc.

ed. then think of the Twitter user and youtuber, political tokenism and the paranoid conspiracy theories that are the politics of today (blame the whites, blame the blacks, osama did a grand conspiracy, etc.)

>> No.20807148

>>20805838
Should have raped her

>> No.20807174

Very seldomly are insane people calm off of medication, hence "madmen." There is a chicken-and-egg dilemma with madness, does it start with paranoid ideation, which causes people to act irrational? Or do people start out unstable, and irrational feelings just attach to things, creating the paranoid ideas? It's likely a mix, or the question is irrelevant since psychological trauma is to credit for mental maladies.

>>20807125
I thought "Sluggish Schizophrenia" was just a method to put people away, Hitler did similar things, he was just more blunt, calling people "anti-social." Ironically, Twitter is used nowadays for much the same purpose, but there's no gulags, just impotent screeching.

>> No.20807214

>>20807105
>They knew that this is a deliberate war being waged on real human beings and the possibility of human character.
Even this, though, was their narrative; egalitarian nationalism (vs. presumably egalitarian communism). If you consider the great differences of intelligence between people today, and notice those differences, when you noticed these differences in 1700 or 1800 you would have been taken aside and told that 'those' people were lower class and were mentally retarded.

The onyl real difference betwen today and back then is that the difference is denied, and intelligence is treated as arrogance by the intellectually retarded lower class who now occupying political offices and manage various sectors of an economy; destroying it in the process.

ha, I'm not sure if we're agreeing or disagreeing at this point.

Although I would disagree here,
> Agrarianism is now impossible.
>This has been made impossible - read the introduction to Hanson's "The Other Greeks."
I grow my own spinach, which grows all year round, and I don't need to buy it anymore. People who can't grow their own food are the ones propping up the entire nonsense-system really; importing baked beans from Nigeria that could be grown on their own doorstep and creating a massive international company by doing it, out of their own pockets, and contributing to pollution - for example.

> The forces at work here are not content to let you flee to an island
It's a good thing, then, that they're forced to recruit from the most incompetent people due to their own inability to train men or pay a good salary, as they lack the logistics to even win a war against a few bandits at this point in time or deal with a recurrent influenza outbreak, see: afghanistan,

I mean: a kakocracy 'would' do what you describe, but they're too stupid to make their power dreams come into reality - they wouldn't have those dreams in the first place, of course, if they were not stupid.

>> No.20807232

>>20807174
>I thought "Sluggish Schizophrenia" was just a method to put people away
Oh I suppose it 'was' abused as an easy diagnosis; but the curious thing was how all the traits actually resemble the modern person and the contemporary self-centered and delusion antisocial actions (i mean actually antisocial; throwing your parents into a home to due to sell their house and buy a car for yourself).

There was more than a little bit of truth there; compare the egoism points in the dignosis to a Julian Assange for example, ok he's a hero in a way, but he was dumb as fuck in how he went about trying to achievehis obejctive. Or: does a politician 'want' to do good things or do they just 'want' to be famous? It's a big difference between the two mentalities; presently a difference completely unrealized in our society with the focus on Likes and perceptions of 'Fame' (lat. Fama; Bad Reputation for Well-Known Crimes).

>> No.20807257

>>20807232
I think we're witnessing a historical phenomenon. Perhaps the Soviets were pioneering oppressive systems, and when people were expectantly depressed, anxious, in poor physical/mental health, or terrified of needing aid, possibly hypochondriac, it was blamed that they were simply insane, because the Soviet system was the best in the world and it couldn't cause problems for people.
Whatever horrors the Soviets imposed is likely now echoed in our more modern society, but market incentives are instead producing the same conditions. It might sound insane - market incentives making people sick or anxious, but the medical industry is powerful and certainly prefers having more customers. That's just one example. It not may not have been initially nefarious, but following money and marketing has slowly created a perverse system of marketing poison, and also selling cures.

>> No.20807256

>>20807105
>"drop in level" (Evola),
2/2
ed. Also, the idea that 'a race' is a race of geniuses is hysterical; most if not all discoveries or inventions were made by a lone man. If the ociety is prosperous it is because they were operated in such a way to work with genius, if the society is not prosperous it is because they are resentful and fearful of being made to look not like a genius themselves by meeting an actual inventor; Appius Caecus for example, who invented the layered road, the heated floor, the aqueduct, etc.

I don'tt hink people are naturally resentful, but much of politics goes into fostering and creating resentment.

>> No.20807275

>>20807257
Yeah I know what you mean. I have to temper the western critique of the Soviet medicaid with the American version at the same time; forced lobotomies, sterilization, etc.

>> No.20807297
File: 688 KB, 2967x1598, lafay and gwash.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20807257
Also, it's quite a difficult tightrope to walk to invent or pioneer 'anything', you have to consider that whatever golden thing you might come up with will invariably attract insane power-mad lunatics who will invariably abuse your creation lol

look at the US Constitution, I'm not an American, but that was a pretty great political document; obviously it hasn't been in effect for over a century (or more, recalling the US Civil War over state sovereignty) due to how impossible it made for any lunatics to enter government and abuse their positions.

still, slightly off-topic, this.

>> No.20807324
File: 1.23 MB, 1262x1722, what is this my son tom.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20807083
>the real revolutionary act
>>20807021

yeomen, pay heed, send not your Sons to City Colleges

"Our wise forefathers would expect
even sensibility in dress;
(whereas) the 'Modern Race' delights to show
what folly in in excess can do:

WHAT IS 'THIS', MY SON TOM!?

The Honest Farmer came to town,
(and) can scarce believe his son his Own!
If Thus the 'taste' continues here
what will it be (by) another Year?!"

Fleet Street,
21st June 1774

>> No.20807352
File: 44 KB, 1000x800, 1534828781975.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20807006
Still, most people don't need caffeine to be alert. If they did everyone with a non-retard job would be drinking coffee or soda.
The boost that it gives you might be worth it for big projects, where you'll be awake for hours on end, but you shouldn't let it get to the point where you require caffeine to function properly. Then you'll turn into one of those "If you talk to me before I've had my coffee I will fucking kill you" psychos.

>> No.20807372

>>20807352
>everyone with a non-retard job would be drinking coffee or soda.

They are.

>> No.20807387

>>20807352
>"If you talk to me before I've had my coffee I will fucking kill you" psychos.
Nooo I'm not like that, it's just, "not being alert", you know? I need my giant mug of pure espresso and a large teaspoon of brown sugar if I'm going to do anything that requires me to be 'alert', maybe a mocha over lunch or whatever, but that's about it. I find regular coffee to be weak tasting and disgusting to be honest lol

I do relax in the evening with a flavorful variety of heavy taurine based energy drinks, w/ the flavor changing on what my dinner will be that evening. Other than this I'm pretty healthy and take lots of vitamins anyway so..

>>20807372
They truly are.

>> No.20807399

>>20807352
How can I describe this even better.. hm.. I guess it's just the "little kick" needed during the morning to stimulate the brain, that's really all it is.

>> No.20807413

> my giant mug of pure espresso and a large teaspoon of brown sugar
Which is, I added this up once already, something like 20 shots of the espresso that you'd get in a starbucks coffee.

>> No.20807502
File: 69 KB, 680x847, 1605146490707.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20805838
You have to read
>warrior, king, magician, lover by rod boothroyd
Its not that long (about 150 pages on my ereader) and it WILL help you understand why you are so fucking angry and what you can do to channel your anger into something positive, something that wont have you end up in prison.

Also you are not dysfunctional, you are just a man in a cucked out faggot society. If you were a boxer or mma fighter your rage would be your best asset.

Listen to this summarized version of mediations a couple times
>https://youtu.be/Hu0xDtK3g3Q

Dont let these niggers grind you down. Survive until the war and then become a hot ball of hate sweeping away all undesirables from your ancestral homeland.

>> No.20807518

>>20805838
Naked Lunch

>> No.20807576

>>20805838
Dude, just do three things:

Read stoic books
Play Crusader Kings
Watch a lot of Gore

Worked for me :|

>> No.20807580

>>20805838
Learn to read and understand Lacan and you will become emptier than the most pious Buddhist

>> No.20807658
File: 166 KB, 400x489, 220px-polyphemus.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

OP, you don't have anger issues. Rather, you're a plain lunatic. Nobody is pointing it out because this site is full of people just like you (NB: multiple different users have suggested your emotional problems will be solved if you become a Nazi). There's no need to fret, however, because literature is also full of people just like you. I worry that nobody has likened your writing to 'Notes from the Underground' - because this exact scene happens there. A soldier bumps into the main character, The Underground Man, upon which he frets about it for months. Why? What is the cause of that? Surely it's not because of his societies 'lack of basedness' - considering both it's flourishing art and military, I assume the fascists in this thread would quite like Dostoyevsky-era Russia. It's not technology - the Underground Man can't even afford to rent a horse cab. OP, my working theory is that you want to be this airport woman. Why wouldn't you? She lives life carelessly - ubermenchenly grabbing it by the balls, acting as she pleases. She certainly doesn't fret for months on end about... anything. She would laugh at the suggestion that she did it over someone who cut in line.
From this blogpost you so insist you're not writing, it seems you're somebody who's 'striving towards', (telos) is self-oriented. Ie, instead of having role-models - you invent a perception, which you then try to emulate. Your perception, partly, seems to be of someone who is 'manly' - explaining the anger and the drive towards literature. In the thread, there are other mimetic narcissists who, instead of telling you that you're Don Quixote charging windmills, are encouraging you to steer your identity down certain channels. Instead, find someone who isn't nuerotically angry, and copy them. I personally find The Odyssey's Ulysses to be a good start, but The Bible, The Pale King or anything by Charles Dickens will do. Best of luck, and for the love of God, don't take SSRI's

>> No.20807667

>>20807658
Whats ssri. Did i missed sth?

>> No.20807722

>>20807667
>ssri
Anti-depressants

>> No.20807739

>>20805838
Forgive people who hurt and offend you. It's that easy.

>> No.20808009
File: 160 KB, 1014x1500, 16112019840.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.20808392

Sounds like you'd benefit from some form of talking therapy. If your issues are to do with relating to other people (I e obsessesing over a small interaction) then holing yourself up in your room reading some dead geezer's writing, however good/important/life changing it is, clearly won't help fully. Despite that, maybe try some Buddhist teachings if the previous suggestion of the Bible doesn't do it for you. Might be not lit at all but Thich Nat Hanh's stuff is very accessible and might help.

>> No.20808420

>>20805838
You need read illiad

Then you need to start fighting people

>> No.20808600
File: 54 KB, 984x812, d04.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20805838
Anon, you don't need a book

You need help, seek a good therapist

>> No.20808603

>>20805838
Unironically the Quran.

>> No.20808654

>>20805838

>> No.20808657

>>20805838
Discourses' Fragments Handbook. learn about the philosophy of stoicism. these other recommendations are awful apart from >>20808603

also go to therapy, but a book is sooo much cheaper. also stay away from drugs. neurotic personality + addiction gets fucked.

>> No.20808881

>>20808657
>these other recommendations
>apart from (the Quran)
lol

please read and take instructions from: >>20807083
>Politics is Ethos; it's local regional opinions, buoyed up by emotional appeals (Pathos), lies for wars, etc., with real intelligence (Logos) virtually completely absent, since it would be forced to oppose the Ethos and the Pathos.

i.e. using one dubious narrative (a religion) to displace another (contemporary culture) is just going in circles.

>> No.20808964

Beckett. Though it might exacerbate your problem too

>> No.20809025

>>20808603
Why the Quran?
>>20805838
Just forget about shit. Just say “I’ll never see them again they don’t matter” then forgot about it emotionally but know not to let it happen again

>> No.20809048

>>20807502
>warrior, king, magician, lover by rod boothroyd
how does this compare to the original by moore? I heard boothroyd's is more materialistic and not as profound.

>> No.20809060

>>20807658
Best post in this thread. Also another comparison to ops life and the underground man is that the woman is literally the “dumb man” he describes and the op is the “intelligent man” letting his anger fester constantly

>> No.20809348

>>20805838
It's funny because what sets me off and makes me angry are people who are easily triggered by stupid shit like this. I accidently cut in line at a supermarket one day and some faggot got really pissed at me and. I said 'sorry, didn't see you there' but the incel didn't believe me and kept s o y raging until I left the store. I sort of wish I had kicked his face in, the stupid faggot thought I cared enough about him to personally slight him. I know logically it wasn't worth the risk but the hypocrisy of these people annoys me so much. They automatically assume when the slightest inconvenience is imposed upon them by a stranger that they are being selfish and malignant when 99% of people are just going about there day dealing with their own problems. I think it should be legal to beat people who do shit like that.

>> No.20810080

>>20809048
I dont know because i have not read the original book yet. Boothroyds version is, as you put it in your last post about the book, shallower, yes. But thats the reason i read his version first. More simple, to the point male archetypes. Its great.

>> No.20810368

>>20805871
fpbp

>> No.20810971

>>20805885
cwuuuuuute bunny!
ears are so flat UwwwwwwwwwU

>> No.20811628
File: 15 KB, 500x333, Best fitlit book.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.20811642

>>20805838

Channel your anger into finding a gf to fuck really hard and toss around>>20805838

>> No.20811813

>>20805838
Here's my personal philosophy

Inconveniences which anger me have 2 causes
1. Mistakes made by people who did not intend to cause me harm personally
2. Actions which seek to cause me personal harm

If I can possibly imagine any inconvenience as #1 I recognize that I myself am also liable to mistakes and I do not get angry at myself over my mistakes I should also forgive others.

If it is truly #2 then you have to consider the cause. Do I deserve to be hurt? No? Then why did they do it? Greed? Malice? Wrath? Envy? Delusion? All of these are pitiable conditions which themselves have their own causes which (I hope) I did not myself consciously create. They acted in a way they should not have due to their afflictions which I myself am also sometimes subject to and as such I also forgive them. That doesn't mean I allow injustice upon myself if I can stop it but I also don't feel an intense need for "satisfaction" to use the victorian phrase.

Logically though, where is the need for anger? Anger is an animal's signal to redress a wrong. It has its place as a feeling, a signal, subordinate to you. You should not subordinate yourself to simple emotions. You are far too great for that. Or at least that's how I see it.

>> No.20811839

No joke. Take your anger out on heavy weights at the gym. Move out of the city. Improve your lifestyle and cut people out of your life if they make it worse.

>> No.20812557

>>20805838
>I have extreme emotional issues, mainly anger and hate. An entitled cunt skipped the line in an airport in front of me, it happened four months ago and I am still fuming that she got away with it, that she is a cunt and I'm such a huge cuck I didn't kick her teeth in then and there.

your normal like me. next time stand up.

dont regret they made you angry somone or the environment improve but don't hate yourself . if you are a man anger is normal search yourself and find way you felt angry what made you so frustrated find it and use it to grow stronger dont stop your anger

have confidence dont doubt yourself .what the wrong thing am doing i did nothing wrong its my right to react i won't feel shame .even if you made a mistake

>> No.20812562

>>20808603
Why quran, also which translation

>> No.20813450

>>20807502
Op isn’t just an angry man in society he’s literally a retarded autistic loser faggot. He’s not getting mad at something out of his control. He’s mad at a dumb bitch that slightly slighted him months ago that he was to PUSSY to do anything about. This has nothing to do with society (even though it is a bit shit) op is just a bitch in this instance. This isn’t some falling down situation op is literally insane.

>> No.20813474

>>20812557
It’s normal to get angry but not normal to fester for 4 months over something that has no effect on your life anymore. It’s absurd and babyish

>> No.20813496

This board is so crazy sometimes. I don't think these are even bait.

>>20807502
Wrong. OP is upset that he didn't stand up for himself. Reading books won't help him with this, unless it's something like How to Win Friends and Influence People. He needs to practice social skills and practice being assertive. The only societal factor here is his lack of social training as a kid.
>>20813450
Wrong. Quit acting like such a deranged fruitcake. OP is probably just poorly socialized and frustrated. It's very common.

>> No.20813607

>>20813496
Exactly. He’s fucking retarded this isn’t anyones fault but his own

>> No.20813630

>>20805939
Hahaha, I think... i won't. Haha, sorry! I'm just not taking the pills. My mental state is a reflection of the environment i've been confronted to

>> No.20813654

>>20805885
This book will not solve your problems.

Write a journal, OP. Start a notepad file and write stuff down. That'll help you a lot more than reading any book will, and it will also improve any book you read if you do want to go down that road.

>> No.20813734

>>20805838
The Temptation of St. Antony by Gustave Flaubert
Introduction to the Abhidhamma by Nina van Gorkom

>> No.20814893
File: 1.54 MB, 3024x4032, IMG_20220610_185649.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20813496
Shiet mane, you are absolutely right. OP has trained himself for years not to stand up for himself. His problem is his lack of assertiveness.
Your take is much better than mine.

But I do still think, the faggotism of society is still also at fault here. Boys grow up being shat on all their lives. The lack of assertiveness does not come from from nothing. Boys are mostly surrounded by women growing. And women, by any metric, are the worst.

Am I resentful? Yes, heck yes. These boomers taught me and my 3 brothers nothing. We all turned to drugs soon after my mom divorced my dad because she was bored and influenced by feminist mind-poison.

These days I am chad after 6 years of gym but still have issues with assertiveness here and there. Things could have been so good much sooner.
Its fucking bullshit. Such a sin.

>> No.20814899

>>20805838
>I have extreme emotional issues, mainly anger and hate. An entitled cunt skipped the line in an airport in front of me, it happened four months ago and I am still fuming that she got away with it, that she is a cunt and I'm such a huge cuck I didn't kick her teeth in then and there. One of many examples I think of multiple times daily and that agitate me daily. Lately I noticed heart palpitations, my resting pulse is 110-120 probably from my 24/7 emotional distress and fear I'll just drop day sooner rather than later if this keeps going on. 100% unironically, I'll die of a heart attack before 30 if I keep living like this, I am 27 now.

go see a fucken therapist you idiot

>> No.20814995

>>20807006
It's called low testosterone

>> No.20815299

>>20814995
>It's called low testosterone
No that's not it either, pussyboy. I think the replies that don't understand what I mean are obviously not persons who are ever 'alert' to know the difference for themselves, I think that's probably it.

Also just being a retard and not knowing whats happening around you and storming around like a faggot may well be high testosterone, but there's no intelligence going on behind that - nothing mentally 'alert'.

I imagine you guys's brains are like I remember mine being when I was 14 or so; a state of total hyper activity or short bursts of exertion w/ inability to follow through or maintain on a thing. Try coffee.

>> No.20816144

>>20813474
>but not normal to fester for 4 months over something that has no effect on your life anymore.

maybe because his mind is telling him about an enemy he need to face but the faggot conscious prefer to daydream then to grow up courage.

i think i know a guy like him from NOTES FROM THE UNDERGROUND

>> No.20817297

I used to be very high strung, years ago now. Im not quite so bad these days.
What helped me most at first was having a mental mindset to identify and contain this mix of aggression and paranoia and make it useful - The Way of Strategy.
Musashi - Book of Five Rings,
Way of the Living Sword / Secrets of the Family Sword / Hieho Kadensho - Yagyu Munenori
Those two will have lots of practical advice to contain and channel your agression. It was a big social problem back then. Agression is a natural male behavior. Without an outlet, it builds up and overflows as random violence, like worldstar. Get a punching bag, a practice sword, an old single action revolver if you like.

What really broke me and remade me, is realizing that my behavior was hurting people who didnt even deserve it at all. Sure, theres cunts out there, but they are always gonna be cunts, God will punish them, let it go. The punishment of the damned is not your responsibility.

After years of this, I have such a controlled presence that people rarely cause me problems. Really, I can be close to a ghost. Low grade Zen Master, Grand Master of Faith.

>> No.20817378

Meditation, for instance vipassana

>> No.20819239

>>20816144
The the main character from notes from the underground was a warning

>> No.20819870

>>20805838
Unironically Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and cast all your cares upon him

>> No.20819895

>>20819870
>cast all your cares upon him
That's not really nice bro...

>> No.20820439
File: 2.99 MB, 252x263, 1635543397027.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20815299
bitchboy cope

>> No.20820503

>>20820439
That's a pretty good gif, I might borrow it and crop out the anti-intellectual put-down and put something else in there instead, pussyboy.

>> No.20820554

>>20819870
>Unironically Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and cast all your cares upon him
Dude, Jesus died once for lazy people. Do you think he'd be happy about this?

>> No.20822104

>>20815299
>I imagine you guys's brains are like I remember mine being when I was 14 or so; a state of total hyper activity or short bursts of exertion w/ inability to follow through or maintain on a thing. Try coffee.
You have ADHD and you're self-medicating with caffeine, this is literally the classic presentation

>> No.20822390

>>20817297
How did those books help you make your aggression and paranoia useful?

>> No.20822460

>>20822104
>You have ADHD and you're self-medicating with caffeine, this is literally the classic presentation
Sounds nice, but this is virtually every person I've ever observed "at work" on a task or trying to maintain focus on something or one or more things for an extended period of time, being unable to do so; becoming irritable and confused from the 'stress' of having to do something. It's moreso stupidity than anything else; from 'stupor' meaning "to appear as if one were drunk." The opposite of this; the "self medication," some people do is things like Melanin which makes them even more lethargic and irritable and less able to notice what's happening around them.

I was kind of exaggerating about myself, I always had an attention span but I certainly recall far less focus as a child - again, if a reader cannot actually tell the difference between being alert and being not alert then I don't know what else to say. Some of have the warrior genes and some of us have a family tree consisting of servants and fruit gorgers since the dawn of time.

Insofar as this,
>>20815299
>just being a retard and not knowing whats happening around you and storming around like a faggot may well be high testosterone, but there's no intelligence going on behind that - nothing mentally 'alert'.
You'd probably begin to masturbate through your trouser pocket to see a Man doing this as you'd perceive it as Alpha.

>> No.20822547

>>20813496
>OP is probably just poorly socialized and frustrated. It's very common.
OP isn't poorly socialized, he has been thoroughly socialized (by controlling parents, strict teachers, or his own avoidant tendencies) to the point where he feels there's an insurmountable block on his behavior. He becomes frustrated, and over time, he spirals further into this thinking pattern until something gives. In his case he's having heart palpitations, so that will probably be his body.
Perfectionism and insistence on saving face has been becoming more common with each generation in Western societies. That's why this presentation is so common, and why anonymous online forums are so full of cancerous purity-spiraling and shit-testing between men.
I don't want to go on a massive tangent so suffice it to say that OP's generation is affected by the highest perceived costs for minor nonconformist behaviors in living memory.

>> No.20822725

>>20822547
>OP isn't poorly socialized, he has been thoroughly socialized (by controlling parents, strict teachers, or his own avoidant tendencies) to the point where he feels there's an insurmountable block on his behavior.
Good points.

>> No.20822730

>>20822547
please go on the massive tangent

>> No.20822764 [DELETED] 

>>20805838
>An entitled cunt skipped the line in an airport in front of me, it happened four months ago and I am still fuming that she got away with it, that she is a cunt and I'm such a huge cuck I didn't kick her teeth in then and there. One of many examples I think of multiple times daily and that agitate me daily.
Literal underground man. Have a look at Notes from the Underground by Dostoevsky, you might find it amunsingly relatable to the state you are currently in. Maybe later, though, probably would not help your situation now

>> No.20822774

>>20805838
>An entitled cunt skipped the line in an airport in front of me, it happened four months ago and I am still fuming that she got away with it, that she is a cunt and I'm such a huge cuck I didn't kick her teeth in then and there. One of many examples I think of multiple times daily and that agitate me daily.
Literal underground man. Have a look at Notes from the Underground by Dostoevsky, you might find it amusingly relatable to the state you are currently in. Maybe later, though, probably would not help your situation now

>> No.20823271

>>20805838
Read stirner, learn a martial art and get into street fights at night