[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 13 KB, 219x230, A6FF9078-7656-472E-BE95-7F7C1C04BA67.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
20797729 No.20797729 [Reply] [Original]

>We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

>Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

John 10:33-34

What did he mean by this?

>> No.20797743

Jesus is the ubermensch

>> No.20797762

>>20797729
fuck's sake dude, a casual internet search would have answered your question
https://biblehub.com/bsb/psalms/82.htm

>> No.20797836

>>20797762
What does it means when God says to the assembly there “you are Gods”?

>> No.20797922

>>20797729
>What did he mean by this?
He literally tells you in the next verses.
>If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
>Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
>If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
>But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

>> No.20797980

>>20797729
>We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”
Notice Jesus never actually claims to be 'God'.

>>20797836
>What does it means when God says to the assembly there “you are Gods”?
Immense vanity on the part of an insignificat group of lunatics who were living in envy of the Ancient Egypts, and then the Ancient Romans.

There is a "humans can be gods" kind of logos behind it, but it's moreso vanity; as the disgusting ideology of the hebrew religion negates any optimism that far far far back 'one of them' may have had some kind of merit.

>>20797922
>>If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
>>But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.
to which they again replied,
>>We are not stoning you for any good work, but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

Jesus smirked. He could use rhetorical deflection all day long.

>>Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
>If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
>But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.
he said again.

>> No.20799883

And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh; and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.
Exodus 7:1 KJVAAE
https://bible.com/bible/546/exo.7.1.KJVAAE

>> No.20799952

>>20797836
Advaita vedanta unironically. If you look at the text with open eyes.

>> No.20799956
File: 441 KB, 426x521, revolvvlvs – crepuscular (ef)fusion.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20797729

The architextural pattern of logos/the Cross extends throughout all of divine substance, and its cordiated layers; the breadcrumbs of one's life, and the thin rain of one's solace, are metagenerated by the Cross of one's soul, in syncord with Christ.

This is how when Jesus looks at one he simultaneously sees the best version of one's self, one's potential.

>> No.20799958

>>20797980
>Immense vanity on the part of an insignificat group of lunatics who were living in envy of the Ancient Egypts, and then the Ancient Romans.
>There is a "humans can be gods" kind of logos behind it, but it's moreso vanity; as the disgusting ideology of the hebrew religion negates any optimism that far far far back 'one of them' may have had some kind of merit.
Delusional. "Humans can be Gods" is not a hebrew ideology, or vanity, it is the essence of all religions Deification, Moksha, ETC. There is nothing "Hebrew" about this, or would you say the Upanishads then are equally Hebrew?

>> No.20799963

>>20797729
He meant that the innermost part of the Human Being is God, and that the Human Beings goal in life the Absolute.

>> No.20799965

>>20799958
If an idea is true, it belongs equally to all who are capable of understanding it; if it is false, there is no credit in having invented it. A true idea cannot be ‘new’, for truth is not a product of the human mind; it exists independently of us, and all we have to do is to take cognizance of it; outside this knowledge there can be nothing but error

>> No.20799995

>>20797729
Psalm 82:6

>> No.20800040
File: 953 KB, 616x800, Screenshot 2022-08-07 at 03-20-49 Charles Darwin - National Portrait Gallery.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Boo.

>> No.20800521

>>20799958
>"Humans can be Gods" is not a hebrew ideology, or vanity,
No no, I mean that was the only 'good' bit or 'best way to interpret it' from all the rest of the dogshit theological legalism from ebe-krustyan-iSlam religion/s.

Are you denying that humans can, in a vry objective sense, be either "great gods" or "evil devils"? that is the reality of our species, with our hands and our brains and what can achieve - by comparison to the dogs and cats - i.e. in a low state of being we create pollution, consumerism and the pacific garbage patch, but in an intelligent high state of being we make the world into a garden of plenty, etc.

>Upanishads
no idea who they are.

>> No.20800535

>>20799958
>vanity,
>>Immense vanity on the part of an insignificat group of lunatics

Meaning: the hebrews, who produced no medicine/phiosophy/engineering/sciences, declaring 'the racial group' to be uniquely 'God/s' is the immense vanity part, because it's laughable when they're compared to the civilizations before, during and since them. Romans, Egyptians, Macedonian-Hellenes, etc.,or Mayans, Ancient Koreans, Ancient Chinese, etc etc etc.

That's the vanity aspect of the claim.

>> No.20801851

Most of the stories of Jesus encountering the Pharisees come off as fictional stories from tumblr where everyone gets up and claps at the end. Jesus probably got bullied at torah school and made up scenarios where he cleverly outsmarted his betters