[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 925 KB, 1395x1449, 1656534098944.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
20717882 No.20717882 [Reply] [Original]

If you asked a transcendental computer what form the pre-ontological Depth would take if it could take a form it all, it would reply: the human. We have to think a non-biological, even a non-anthropological, conception of man. Man as the 'default' parameter of a primordial light-field. I think this is what the Buddhists meant by the soteriological potential of being born a human being. I was wrong: Kant's transcendental unity of consciousness is not the Hindu atman. The former denotes a merely a logical unity, not some real Cartesian substance in which real properties inhere. The unity of apperception is a bear-trap, not least of all because the analytic unity of my consciousness presupposes a synthetic one. Or as Kant puts it, the condition of experience is also the condition of objects of experience. There is no consciousness without a world, and so there is no consciousness that is not at the mercy of the givens of the world. My death will relieve me of even the unity of my consciousness. What "I" am is not a unity or a substance but a knowingness, the "secret-being" of an "invisible Real."

>> No.20717904

broyper, I just had the same thought.. unvelievable

>>20717857
>>20717857
>Kant's transcendental unity of consciousness
is literally basically an ontological sissy dress skirt to un-horse you.

>> No.20717999

Philosophy is quite literally filo-sofia in another, more sinister sense: the love of Sophia's transgression, her lust to access the One. I know of no Gnosticism that says she actually succeeded, and like the experimenter who interferes with the measured by measuring, it's possible our world is a result of this cataclysmic tampering itself, not of any Demiurge figure. The Father is a dead cat.

>> No.20718040

>>20717999
Monolatrious hands typed this. The ''''one'''' never existed but the Sophianic mistake made it possible for a moment: multiplicity of ones to — the one of multiplicity. Dexterous philo-Sophia is uplifting Sophia from her fall.
>it's possible our world is a result of this cataclysmic tampering itself
R*ddit.
>The Father is a dead cat.
Cringe. The Father is the Absolute of difference which is disclosed one step at the time.

>> No.20718966

Damn it. I can almost make out what OP is trying to say but I haven't quite studied enough to grasp it.
Uhhh, the knowingness preceding the unity of apperception is necessarily a discrete entity removed from the notion of an absolute atman insofar as it is an individual knowingess knowing one "I" or substance, or something.

>> No.20719038

>>20717882
I didn't read your post but I like the secret behind the image. Clever, but I won't be suckered into your masonic tomfoolery.

>> No.20720614

>it would reply: the human
why?
>>20718040
>Absolute of difference
deleuzechad?

>> No.20721661

>>20720614
>why?
Humans can talk about themselves from the perspective of the non-human. There's no such thing as homo sapiens.

>> No.20721899

>>20718966
>Uhhh, the knowingness preceding the unity of apperception is necessarily a discrete entity removed from the notion of an absolute atman insofar as it is an individual knowingess knowing one "I" or substance, or something.
There is nothing about the knowingness preceding the unity of apperception that in itself reveals this knowingness to be discrete, or changing, or conditioned, or harmed, it is only the presence of other things that allows it to appear otherwise, like how space or extension is continuous and non-discrete but it can appear discrete when portions of its continuous extension are ‘enclosed’ by a row of pots that are themselves within space.

>> No.20722188

I am defiled just for being here. In a crude sense, just for having been born, I am quantum entangled with all depravity and murder. Delusion, and not buddha-nature, is the real substrate of reality, but a delusion attached at the hip to the condition of wisdom. Maybe that is why in some of the weirder Gnostic texts Sophia is a womb that fertilizes itself. The universe is as saturated with evil as it is buddha-hood; it isn't about giving up desire so much as giving up your participation in a field eternally readable as evil.

>> No.20722215

everyone, meds, now

>> No.20722223

>>20717882
Heidegger

>> No.20722325

>>20717999
> it's possible our world is a result of this cataclysmic tampering itself, not of any Demiurge figure.
found the guy who keeps spamming threads about how the faustian spirit is not found in all indomitable human souls lol. since I know you’re not a troll, I will say this: look upon the works, and see what is really there, and who has the power of crafting this “there”. also stop spamming new age dogshit

>> No.20722341 [DELETED] 

>>20722325
Take your medication. I'm not your chan crush.

>> No.20722355

We find here a strange correspondence between the Tiantai doctrine of inherent entailment and the Carpocratians who believed the soul must experience everything if it wants to stop reincarnating. If every goodness coincides with or inherently entails every monstrosity (and vice versa), then the only way to be rid of this world is to actualize its every possibility, no matter how monstrous. From the other direction: the world will not die until it, too, has 'experienced' everything. Whether or not you agree with this depends on whether or not you agree that it possible to overcome the world sitting under a tree, or alone in your room.

>> No.20723586

>>20717882
What's on the other sides of the cube?

>> No.20723630

>>20717999
>>20718040
Checked and based. The polyphony of Causality and Destiny clash as the Becoming: the-fluxion-within-the-manifold. The Absolute (One) is an infinity traversed by the Faustian Man.

>> No.20723640

>>20722188
Checked: Consciousness is Psychosis

>> No.20723643

>>20722188
>>20720614
>>20722583>>20722583
Maybe that is why in some Gnostic texts Sophia is the Absolute of difference of the consciousness, Or as Kant puts it, the love of a strange correspondence between this world and the condition of wisdom. What "I" am is the "secret-being" of an "invisible Real."

>>20723444 >>20723444 >>20723444
>>20722583
everyone, meds, now everyone, meds, now

>> No.20723666

>>20723643
Meds are for pussies, I prefer to see beyond the facade.

>> No.20723674

>>20723666
THUS SPAKE MEPHISTOPHELES