[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 35 KB, 326x500, 662.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.2071472 [Reply] [Original]

So my nigger teacher wants us to read Ann Rand. I've heard some shit about Atlas Shrugged on the Colbert Report, and it sounds stupid as fuck.
I'm supposed to write a 250 word synopsis about this piece of shit, anybody want to summarize?

>> No.2071478

250 words is fucking easy.

>> No.2071482

In the myth of Atlas, Heracles holds the sky for Atlas while Atlas picks the apples of the Hesperides, an act which only a god or Titan could perform. Heracles then tricks Atlas into holding up the sky again, but in some versions of the myth Heracles then builds the Pillars of Heracles to hold the sky and relieve Atlas of his punishment. This is the opposite of Rand's Objectivist philosophy, as Heracles' building the pillars was purely altruistic. Heracles had already gotten what he came for, but at seeing Atlas having to hold the weight of the sky (again,) he does not tell Atlas "to shrug" as Francisco does in the book, Heracles instead helps Atlas.

>> No.2071501

oh no, two hundred and fifty words? that's almost four whole sentences!

>> No.2071513

>>2071501

Characters != Words.

Or what kind of run-on joycian sentences do you write?

>> No.2071527

Half a page synopsis of a 1,000+ page book? Lol. Just look up some plot summaries online.

>> No.2071530

Its like your normal disney movie except that instead of having a cliche rich and greedy capitalist as a bad guy you have a buisness owner against the evil collectivist statists.

>> No.2071531
File: 239 KB, 522x393, what_critic.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>250 words

Just look at the Wikipedia entry and cut it down from there. You should be able to do 250 words with your hands tied behind your back.

>> No.2071542

OP confirmed for middle schooler