[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 59 KB, 700x430, 1307918107261.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.2063609 [Reply] [Original]

What was the first things that you wrote?

>> No.2063613

I remember as a kid I made a few comic strips of a science boy, that had a hidden lab in his basement. When bad news were live on tv, he would go to his lab and take a special potion that would give him superpowers for an hour. He could fly and had superstrenght and speed and he threw acid on people's face.

When I was 12 and reading LotR and watching anime, I had an idea for a typical fantasy adventure, with a team of five people, it was really fucking obvious (clever guy, strong guy, main lead, a girl and a mentor). The mentor of the team was called Hilter and the twist I was preparing was that he was the villain all along. Hilter, get it? I drew some maps of that fantasy world.

When I was 15 I wrote a short story, this was the first thing I actually finished. It was about a group of 4 kids that discovered a hole in their basement that led to a reign of ice that was constantly growing. The idea was that everything that is warm and alive in our world would one day go to the ice reign and that everything that was dead and cold in the ice reign would come up and bring life to the world one day. That happened via two streams of water, one cold and one warm, flowing opposite to each other. There was an evil witch there that stopped the flow of the cold stream so that nothing could escape her powers. The heroes were defeated and her reign grew bigger and bigger and our world was becoming perfectly good with no death coming in. In the end, the continuous warm stream made the ice reign collapse and so life and death spread equally to both worlds.

Fantasy is so fucking easy.

>> No.2063621

The first thing i wrote that I was really happy with was an essay for A-Level English lit comparing Watchmen to The Dark Night Returns. I got 100% on my coursework component for it. Before that I'd written a few bits and pieces, I was always making up stories when I was little but never bothered to write many of them down, and I've mostly lost the ones I have. Probably a load of shite to be fair.

>> No.2063630

Grade school - a trippy story about a guy named "Charlie", who lived in a forest. He meets a talking horse, runs from it, and then it catches him and starts eating him (without any gore), the horse then starts telling him the news and the weather, while eating him, he then wakes up to find that his arm is numb (eaten) and his radio was turned on - a talk show.

>> No.2063636

>There once was a slime called the Doom of the Slime. One day the slime went into the city and ate everybody. The End.

15 years later and I still remember it.

>> No.2063641

I remember the first thing I attempted to write was when I was about seven or eight. I'd written little comic books and stuff before because I drew, but I don't count those / can't remember them.

The first actual story was a noir detective story, and all I got written was a description of a femme fatale, the only quote I remember from it was "she had legs and a whole lot more"

XD wish I'd kept that shit

>> No.2063643

>>2063630
>>2063636
these are great

>> No.2063669

short thinking/reflection stuff

>> No.2063672

It was either a story about three brothers who owned three animals and three instruments who set out in the world and then completely forgot the initial threeways setup. It ended up mostly being about this one brother getting eaten by a werewolf, with gory details. I was in first grade, probably.

Either that or a comic booklet about one of my classmates turning into a very old superhero version of himself. We called it "grandpa man". I co-wrote it with two other classmates.

>> No.2063720

Pirates of Dark Water fan fiction. I was 8

>> No.2063731
File: 25 KB, 332x400, 1314041746931.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

At around age 5, an illustrated curio featuring two unassuming goblin like figures and an large font, embossed FUCK at the top.

I was born for the dada...

>> No.2063779

A collection of one page stories entitled Monster Guts from elementary school. I think it's still out in the garage if people want to see evidence of this horrendous anthology?

>> No.2063784
File: 24 KB, 523x480, thumbs up.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

The first thing I wrote was a free verse poem about a trip to Santa Cruz my class had taken.

I was in fifth grade. Been writing poems ever since.

>> No.2063793

my name. i wrote the letters in sequence, but i didn't put them in order on the page. i was 3.

>> No.2063795

Three earliest stories I remember writing in early grade school, in chronological order:
-an ultra-primitive Dr. Brain fanfic
-a mystery story about recovering the brain of "a man who killed himself" (got an A+ and a letter home to my parents)
-a story about a bunch of kids lost in Egypt who learn that the pyramids were built by an ancient civilization of giant desert wasps (4th grade, I think, and I still have it)

>> No.2063803

>>2063731
>>2063784
You guys seem like cool blokes.

>> No.2063809
File: 31 KB, 500x500, candyguy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>2063795
What happens to our imaginations /lit/?

>> No.2063812

>>2063795
>a mystery story about recovering the brain of "a man who killed himself" (got an A+ and a letter home to my parents)

Why would you get a good grade and in trouble for the same assignment?

>> No.2063817
File: 33 KB, 302x300, 1311533219912.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>2063803
I love you too, anon

>> No.2063819

>>2063809
It doesn't go anywhere, we just sort of abandon it because we think it's childish. And we think people will never buy books about ancient egyptian wasps (feel free to try though and have all my kudos if it works out).

>> No.2063824

>>2063812
Teacher thought it was great, but the school was really politically sensitive. I later threatened to "murder" a girl for cutting me in line (not in a harsh way or anything, she was just an annoying kid to everyone) who then told her parents. I ended up in weird therapy sessions for the rest of the year until my parents found out and pulled me out of the school (to send me somewhere far worse).

Basically, teacher liked the story but was policy bound to report it.

>> No.2063833
File: 76 KB, 211x198, 1309413633514.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

The first thing I ever wrote about an alien visiting Earth with a machine that could make them live forever but they refused it.

I don't remember why though.

>> No.2063988
File: 60 KB, 640x452, MyMagnumOpus.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>2063779
AWWW YEAH FOUND IT

Back cover, unedited:
>Get ready for some terror tales with monsters, so gruesome, it will send bone-chilling messages down your spine!

>> No.2064164

From the age of about 4 or 5, I had a picture book series that morphed into a "chapter book" (how I miss that term) entitled The Seven Termites.

Basically it started out as a Power Rangers/TMNT sort of thing but quickly turned into something far darker with betrayals and dismembered limbs ultimately leaving only one of the original Termites facing a giant robot army sent by the UN, including roboticised versions of the other "Termites".

It ended on a cliffhanger when I was 6 because I lent them all to the literacy co-ordinator at school along with some of my other work (including a story about a moon colony discovering alien artefacts written entirely on receipt paper) and never got them back.

I also had a newspaper I wrote with my autistic cousin entitled the Herald Fart which was basically full of libel and defaced pictures stolen from my Grandmother's Women's Weekly magazines and the Herald Sun.

Then there was my awesome story about a teenage slave accidentally surviving gladiatorial slaughter and earning his freedom, only to end up getting stabbed by some bandits. That Grade 5/6 Roman phase was full of fun things like that.

Now that I think of it, most of my Juvenilia is missing and it annoys me quite a bit. I'm very tempted to just take some of my old story ideas and just re-write them as an exorcism.

>> No.2064201

This sentence.