[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 188 KB, 274x409, Urantia papers_.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
20613651 No.20613651 [Reply] [Original]

>spiritually mogs every holy book on Earth

>> No.20613657

Oahspe is better.

>> No.20613666

>>20613657
It is definitely not.
But lets hear some wisdom and spiritual insight from it, quote your favorite and most inspirational verses.

>> No.20613693

>>20613666

>Whosoever openeth his soul in love and harmony unto others on earth shall find love and harmony in heaven.
>The secret of all spiritual growth lieth in giving out the spirit: He who would grow in wisdom, must give wisdom; he would grow in love, must give love; he who would grow in power of spirit, must give out power of spirit.
>There is more wisdom in the song of a bird than in the speech of a philosopher; the first, speaketh to the Almighty, proclaiming His Glory; the second, ploddeth in darkness.
>Unity can not be achieved but through order and discipline and rites and ceremonies and words. Power is obtained more by concerted oneness of purpose than by anything else under the sun.
>And for any shortness of speech, or error, or evil expression, man shall not reprove his neighbor, nor find fault with him, more than he would with his own mother, or father, or sister, or brother. Rather shall he strive, not to see, nor hear the shortness of any man. They shall be taught to see the good that is in others; to speak of the delights of all My living creatures.
>To serve others is to do good unto others; to help them; to teach them; to give them joy and comfort. This is the service of Jehovih.
>I will do good with all my might; the tears of the suffering poor shall be as scalding blood in my veins; I will not sit down and rest, nor take my ease, nor hold needless possessions whilst they are in want.
>I say unto thee, that a poor man, who cannot read a line, that goeth into the house of the afflicted, giving what little he hath, and, with a willing heart, cleaneth the floor and garments of the bed-ridden, is more learned in my kingdoms than are these graduated preachers.
>I proclaim all people His People; and I say also, go forth and redeem the world. But not with words only, nor by the sword, nor by armies of destroyers but by peace and love, and providing remedies for the poor, and afflicted, and helpless, and distressed.

What are your favorite Urantian verses?

>> No.20613711

>>20613693
Its not bad, but still smacks of being written by a single mortal, its too human. Urantia is way deeper, sophisticated and of a greatness which can only come from an inhuman celestial intelligence.

101:10.7.
Religion effectually cures man's sense of idealistic isolation or spiritual loneliness; it enfranchises the believer as a son of God, a citizen of a new and meaningful universe. Religion assures man that, in following the gleam of righteousness discernible in his soul, he is thereby identifying himself with the plan of the Infinite and the purpose of the Eternal. Such a liberated soul immediately begins to feel at home in this new universe, his universe.
101:10.8.
When you experience such a transformation of faith, you are no longer a slavish part of the mathematical cosmos but rather a liberated volitional son of the Universal Father. No longer is such a liberated son fighting alone against the inexorable doom of the termination of temporal existence; no longer does he combat all nature, with the odds hopelessly against him; no longer is he staggered by the paralyzing fear that, perchance, he has put his trust in a hopeless phantasm or pinned his faith to a fanciful error.
101:10.9.
Now, rather, are the sons of God enlisted together in fighting the battle of reality's triumph over the partial shadows of existence. At last all creatures become conscious of the fact that God and all the divine hosts of a well-nigh limitless universe are on their side in the supernal struggle to attain eternity of life and divinity of status. Such faith-liberated sons have certainly enlisted in the struggles of time on the side of the supreme forces and divine personalities of eternity; even the stars in their courses are now doing battle for them; at last they gaze upon the universe from within, from God's viewpoint, and all is transformed from the uncertainties of material isolation to the sureties of eternal spiritual progression. Even time itself becomes but the shadow of eternity cast by Paradise realities upon the moving panoply of space.

>> No.20613715

>>20613711

I think both have their uses. Have you heard of the Danish guy sending free copies of the Urantia Book around the world out of his own pocket? Legit hardcovers too. If you email him, he sends it to you.

>> No.20613749

>>20613693
102:0.1.
TO THE unbelieving materialist, man is simply an evolutionary accident. His hopes of survival are strung on a figment of mortal imagination; his fears, loves, longings, and beliefs are but the reaction of the incidental juxtaposition of certain lifeless atoms of matter. No display of energy nor expression of trust can carry him beyond the grave. The devotional labors and inspirational genius of the best of men are doomed to be extinguished by death, the long and lonely night of eternal oblivion and soul extinction. Nameless despair is man's only reward for living and toiling under the temporal sun of mortal existence. Each day of life slowly and surely tightens the grasp of a pitiless doom which a hostile and relentless universe of matter has decreed shall be the crowning insult to everything in human desire which is beautiful, noble, lofty, and good.
102:0.2.
But such is not man's end and eternal destiny; such a vision is but the cry of despair uttered by some wandering soul who has become lost in spiritual darkness, and who bravely struggles on in the face of the mechanistic sophistries of a material philosophy, blinded by the confusion and distortion of a complex learning. And all this doom of darkness and all this destiny of despair are forever dispelled by one brave stretch of faith on the part of the most humble and unlearned of God's children on earth.
102:0.3.
This saving faith has its birth in the human heart when the moral consciousness of man realizes that human values may be translated in mortal experience from the material to the spiritual, from the human to the divine, from time to eternity.

>> No.20613762
File: 124 KB, 1064x723, 8654766211.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20613715
>I think both have their uses.
Sure. If it contains wisdom, truth, or spiritual value, I'm not discounting it.