[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 133 KB, 500x500, 1553042207306.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
20590470 No.20590470 [Reply] [Original]

I read mostly fiction books up until 2 years ago. Reading fiction is very enjoyable(most of the time), but I feel hungry for knowledge.
A lot of things interest me but I can't say concretely what interests me. I just want to know more about everything. Whenever I stumble upon some twitter post about history, mythology(any), psychology, anthropology, technology, philosophy, art or even stuff like the occult and conspiracy theories I find myself enthralled. I want to know EVERYTHING.
It's really hard to choose which direction to go and what book to read next.
What should I do /lit/?

>> No.20590555

>>20590470
I originally wanted to give you some books, but i'm going to write something else.
You won't know everything, that's it. Read a encyclopedia, i'm serious, something like Britannica in a paper form with old paitings inside before 1970. It will teach you about history, animals, geography or art,
>philosophy
It's not worth it, read stoic text like Aurelius or Seneca and this Greek faggot Plato and you know all of the philosophy. Philosophers say the same things over and over again, but in the different form. All of these scribble in tens books of e.g. Nietzsche can be summarized in few paragraphs, "i'm a faggot, God is dead". You will lose your life, time and health on reading thoughts of some Greeks. The worst is that philosophers tend to write their works like children, so you have to sit down and think what he really meant for few minutes, Zarathustra for example. Political philosophy is the only one worth reading
>conspiracy theories
one trip to /x/
>technology
If you like mathematics then you can start, i would suggest to learn programming (only C) and something about electrical theory