[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 8 KB, 300x168, images (2).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
20524914 No.20524914 [Reply] [Original]

>live in middle of absolutely fucking nowhere
>friends can't into modernism and dublin is 6000 miles away
>drink 10 bottles of kilkenny alone and read ulysses until i pass out
happy bloomsday you fucks

>> No.20525068

Sounds pretty fun

>> No.20525074

>>20524914
If you let me live with you, I'll read Joyce and talk t you about it.

>> No.20525097
File: 68 KB, 1022x731, 1621711546404.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The easygoing and cozy Dublin of 1904 is dead and gone my friend. The idea outlives the reality and that's coming from an actual Irishman. What's replaced the beautiful Anglo-Irish culture is your own degenerate cancer that has come up from colleges and universities. /Lit/ Ireland is dead and gone it's with O'Leary in the grave

>> No.20525105

I went on a little vacation with my gf to a rural area that draws a lot of townie tourists and is set up for tourism. Of course this little town was set up for tourism, with the one quaint little coffee shoppe and the one quaint little ice creame shoppe being well prepared to dial the authentic quaintness up to 11 to fleece the townies. My favorite thing about this was that all the shop workers were clearly 32 year old tatted up hipsters whose family was from the area, but who had clearly been living in college towns or the nearby arthoe capital city, and had to come work the family tourist-fleecing business for the summer. Either because they lacked money or because their aging relatives are begging them to take over what is probably a very profitable business ("and you get a free vacation every summer, out in the country!").

But they obviously hated it so much. They were radiating "ugh, fucking hicks...." so hard their gay hipster tattoos and moustaches were vibrating. And the boomer townies kept trying to treat them like simple rural folk, which I think annoyed them ten times more. I made sure to lace my conversation with all the tattoo people with things that implied I thought they were country bumpkins there for the long haul.

The best part is that there was little to no internet or phone service in the area.

>> No.20525186

>>20524914
Wow! How quirky and unique you are!