[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 53 KB, 600x450, 36017_1266402913410_1629900675_579638_1756379_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.2040615 [Reply] [Original]

Is there anybody else on /lit/ who just dismisses all poetry? I honestly am not seeing the beauty or the depth that these "literal analysts" are finding when poets flay these random words together and will be moved more likely by a piece of beautiful prose that I've become invested in.
inb4: all prose is really poetry
inb4: can't inb4 self

>> No.2040634

I like poetry

I think maybe you're expecting too much from it? idk

>> No.2040632

I don't dismiss the entire genre as inferior by attributing its appreciation to "literal analysts" or claiming that poets "flay random words together," because that would be fucking ignorant.

However, I don't know shit about poetry and can't tell good poetry from bad other than a few that have jumped out at me through the years. This is because of my lack of understanding and study of the genre, not because the genre has failed to live up to my standards of art.

Fuck I hope you're trolling.

>> No.2040638

I don't read too much poetry especially in comparison to the amount of prose I read but I find when I do read poetry for the most part it is more emotionally moving if you know what I mean. I find that poetry has a more personal quality in that it can leave a lasting impact.

>> No.2040637

My guess is that you dismiss it because you have a short attention span and just skim over poems, (normal enough in the TV era,) and because most of those you've read have been trivial and self-absorbed 20th century pieces, basically journal entries chopped into lines. Try reading this out loud to yourself.

Down by the salley gardens my love and I did meet;
She passed the salley gardens with little snow-white feet.
She bid me take love easy, as the leaves grow on the tree;
But I, being young and foolish, with her did not agree.

In a field by the river my love and I did stand,
And on my leaning shoulder she placed her snow-white hand.
She bid me take life easy, as the grass grows on the weirs;
But I was young and foolish, and now am full of tears.

>> No.2040660

>>2040637
>Implying not all poetry (and poets) is self-absorbed and trivial.

I do have a short attention span, but poems are short, and I find it easier to be influenced by a longer piece of prose that takes more investment regardless. If your argument is then that I should read the shorter poem for just as long as the prose, I would like to point out that I don't need to read a novel twice to get its damn meaning.

>> No.2040674

>>2040660
Novels tend to be very derivative (like all literature) but this is more so because I would say there is a clearer set form which is appreciated by the average person. Poetry is not really intended for a wide audience like a blockbuster film or a Stephen King novel. If you don't like poetry now chances are you never will.

>> No.2040679

>>2040632
The reason you can't tell "good poetry" from "bad poetry" is because there is no good poetry; some poem that you may think of as trash will be regarded by somebody somewhere as genius.

>> No.2040685

Dude, OP. It's okay to say that you don't like poetry, but don't try to dismiss it as an art form just because you don't like it.

Now that that's been said... The difference between poets can be so vast that it might not even occur to you. Perhaps you have only be exposed to certain types of poetry which you do not enjoy. For example, when I read Byron I thought I disliked poetry. When I read Whitman I creamed my undies.

If you're interested in trying out some poets just to see if you could maybe enjoy them, I'll recommend a (so fucking far from even a semblance of being complete) list of some. Try maybe Bukowski, E. E. Cummings, Percy Bysshe Shelley, Walt Whitman, Emily Dickinson, Anne Sexton, Pablo Neruda, Shakespeare (sonnets), Borges, and Ezra Pound.

Just go to a site like Poemhunter and click around through their poems. Most poems are relatively short so it shouldn't take long and it will give you a wider idea of popular poetry.

>> No.2040689

>>2040674
That's another reason I dislike the genre; it's essentially elitist. "Look at that poor street urchin, Charles, he thinks that the poem "The Tiger" is about an actual tiger and not the technological revolution of the 19th century. I wonder if he cleans his teeth with the wrong end of the brush as well?"

>> No.2040697

>>2040674
>>2040679
Both of you are ignorant.

A lot of people are just reading the wrong sorts of poetry for their tastes and dismissing all poetry based on that. Someone who hates Keats and Kipling might fucking adore Stephen Crane and Poe.

And to the other guy, just because opinions vary and anyone can think any poem is good or bad, doesn't mean that there aren't ways to judge masterful or well-conceived poetry. One can look at the intent of the poem and the devices used, along with vocabulary (connotations and such) and how the ideas flow together, etc. You can judge a poem in the same way you can judge a piece of prose. The rules are different, of course, but it's the same.

>> No.2040698

>>2040660
>If your argument is then that I should read the shorter poem for just as long as the prose
It isn't. Poems have strong rhythms in order to be more memorable than the same amount of prose.

>I don't need to read a novel twice to get its damn meaning.
I take it you read 'for the story,' then? Well, enjoy your plot twists, and imagining yourself in the place of the everyman hero. If that's your limit.

>> No.2040706

>>2040689
DON'T HATE SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOU HATE THE PEOPLE THAT LIKE IT. FUCK, DO YOU KNOW HOW STUPID THAT IS?

>> No.2040710
File: 111 KB, 520x285, splatter_art.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>2040685
Art is and always has been up for radical interpretation. Many people consider the attatched pic art. Why? Simple answer: because they're thick. Practicl answer: becauseit moves them. Poetry doesn't move me. It isn't art in my eyes.

>> No.2040712

>>2040689
t-t-t-trolllllllio

>> No.2040715
File: 1 KB, 100x100, 1305804486769.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

It hurts me that people itt are being an ass to the OP. On the off chance that he isn't a troll, all you're doing is discouraging him further from accepting poetry.

I love poetry. I want everyone to give it a fair shot. Some people won't like it and that's fine with me, but dismissing it all without taking time to understand it is just awful.

>> No.2040719

>>2040706
That's like saying "Don't diss racism just cause the kkk does it"

>> No.2040725

>>2040689
Do you believe that everything whose meaning is not obvious to you is an insult to you? Do you want to shit on fun you're not able to join in on? You reek of insecurity.

>> No.2040730

>>2040710
Hear me out. I take it you don't consider that picture art, yes? I'm assuming you don't dismiss the whole of painting because you don't like that picture and don't think it's art. If you can enjoy or consider other paintings to be art, then why do you not think other poems besides the ones you have read can be art?

In poetry, there are poems which are the equivalent of that painting. There are a lot of them. But there are many more than that which have nothing in common with it.

>> No.2040733

>>2040730
I accept that painting as a painting just as I wil accept a poem as a poem. If I scour the entire planet of all o its poetry will I eventually find one that moves me to tears the instant I read it? Doubtlessly. I just don't have that kind of time.

>> No.2040734

>>2040719
You shouldn't diss racism just 'cause the KKK does it. You should diss it because it goes against your morals and beliefs and harms others needlessly.

That's like saying you should diss clowns just 'cause that one serial killer guy was a clown.

>> No.2040740

>>2040733
I'm not asking you to accept that painting as a painting or a poem as a poem. I'm asking you to accept that you can consider some paintings not to be art and some paintings to be art, just as you can make the same dichotomy with poetry.

There isn't only going to be 'one' poem that moves you. There will be many. Multitudes. You just have to be open to it. If you find a poet or poem which you enjoy, it will be easy from there because you can simply look for similar poets or more poems by the same poet.

>> No.2040744

>>2040725
That's just it! A poem can't have a single meaning because it can be interpreted. I can read "The Tiger" and think it's about a tiger, but somebody somewhere will insist that I read the poem wrong. It's not that I'm so very sad that I don't understand something that all the other kids do, it's that may believe that the "obvious" answer is wrong, and I have a problem with that. If I look at a painting and say "that is beautiful", I will be upset if somebody says to me "no it isn't because I don't think it's beautiful"

>> No.2040745

sturgeons law etc. etc.

>> No.2040750

No writer is forgotten more quickly than a bad poet, so the english poetic classics are the cream of the cream of a thousand years or so. And poetry by nature compresses. If you want a long poem, try Paradise Lost or a play of Shakespeare's.

>> No.2040751

>>2040734
Poetry is against my morals and beliefs

>> No.2040755

>>2040744
You're pretty weak willed if fear of your english teacher has ruined an entire branch of literature for you.

>> No.2040758

>>2040740
I can't accept poems as art because they don't do what art is suposed to do. They don't inspire some deeper emotion in me.

>> No.2040764

>>2040758
Have you read any?

>> No.2040765

>>2040755
I agree, and have never "feared" any of my english teachers and their mighty hammers of judgement. and I think you're pretty thick of you didn't catch that the "all the other kids" bit was a play on words on behalf of my arguent and not an allusion to being lost during class

>> No.2040769

>>2040764
Have I read any poems ever in my life? I'm not some knuckle-dragger who is against this genre because it looks scary, I have read plenty in school and have explored the genre outside in the vain hope that I'll find one i like

>> No.2040773

>>2040758
That is still like saying: I don't like this painting therefore no paintings are art, because this painting did not inspire any emotion in me.

Or even an entire museum full of paintings. Though I seriously doubt you've read that many poems.

You have not read enough (you cannot read enough) to dismiss the entirety of poetry as not art. To do so is ignorant and arrogant.

You can say you don't like the poetry you've read. In honesty, you can't even say you don't like poetry. You haven't read much.

I can say I don't like Asimov (that would be a lie) but I can't say I don't like science fiction, because I'm sure there would be something in the genre I could enjoy.

I can say I don't like Beethoven but I can't say I hate all classical music. I can't say that classical music isn't art. I can't even say that Beethoven isn't art.

I'm done with this, now. I want you to be a troll but I know people like you. I am done.

>> No.2040775

>>2040765
A play on words. I take it you mean an allusion to peer pressure? Is fleeing peer pressure/your english teacher really any better than caving in to either, since in both cases you are being ruled by outside influence?

>> No.2040777

>>2040769
So. What have you read, non-knuckle-dragger? Was it all on the school curriculum, read under the judging, judging eyes of your teacher?

>> No.2040781
File: 25 KB, 478x468, 1296541717453.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>2040773
(not any of these posters, but)
>I want you to be a troll but I know people like you.
I know that feel, man.
Trolls can bring out the worst in us,
But the strongest will show their best.

>> No.2040790

>>2040773
nobody
can
say
that
ANYTHING
is definitively art
because what we interpret as art
is based on ourselves!
I am not saying that if that painting is art then no painting is because a painting can be art to me. A poem cannot be art to me. Therefore, I do not think poems are art.

>You can't even say you don't like poetry
So now in order to have an opinion on something we must discover all of it in its entirety? By that logic I can't say I like living because I have never died, or I can't say I don't like being beaten for thirty minues because I only ever make it to the twenty-minute mark.

>> No.2040808

>>2040790
>By that logic I can't say I like living because I have never died
No, your logic is more like, "Life, in general, is not worth living even though I haven't run my own course fully"

Rather, you can say, "The life that I have lived so far is not worth living."
You can have an opinion about your own experience, but don't go any further or you begin to generalize.

>> No.2040812

>>2040777
I'll ignore for right now the fact that all of my exaggeration and sarcasm has sailed over your heads. Yes I have been exposed to poetry that was forced on my by my instructors (Poe, Frost, Angeleau (spelling?), etc), but I have also tried to broaden my horizons with Baudilaire and contemporary poetry (Poetry 180, eg).

>> No.2040814
File: 58 KB, 559x553, 1314059358675.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

Fuck poetry, anyone can string a bunch of words together and say "It's an art". It's not a fucking art, it doesn't tell a real story, it is too abstract with meaning.

>> No.2040817

>>2040808
well perhaps I'd better rephrase then. That is like saying "I won't call all venom poisonous because I haven't been introduced to a venom that I've beenimmune to"

>> No.2040820

>>2040812
You didn't like Poe and Frost? Their works are pretty easy to appreciate.

>> No.2040828

>>2040820
>easy to appreciate
BECAUSE YOU ARE INCLINED TO APPRECIATE THEM
Robert Frost is the devil

>> No.2040829

>>2040790
The beaten for thirty minutes bit made me laugh very, very hard. I had to bury my face in my arm. Okay.

I'll modify my statements. You cannot say definitively that you don't like all poetry, just like you can't say definitively that you wouldn't like being beaten for 30 minutes. But, you can venture a reasonable guess that you wouldn't enjoy either based on your previous experiences, such as being beaten for twenty minutes or having read a reasonable variety of poetry. The problem comes when you say you wouldn't like being beaten for 30 minutes after only having ever been slapped before. Maybe you're into masochism and you never knew? Dude, it could happen.

At the bottom of everything I'll say that you can think whatever you want about poetry, I'm not going to argue with you, just don't insult or degrade people who enjoy poetry and I think everything should be fine.

Most arguments on /lit/ can be summed up as this:
>Opinions, etc.

>> No.2040832

>>2040828
I'm with you, guy. Poe and Frost were never for me. But I enjoy Cummings and Shelley plenty.

>> No.2040834
File: 18 KB, 300x265, 1305237071882.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>2040781

>> No.2040837

>>2040817
Well the fallacy is obvious and quite revealing. Venom is poisonous by definition when we're trying to make a statement about subject-experience (not inherent to the subject). You might not realize this because you assume poetry as not being art already.

We could go on forever fixing your broken logic, so this is the last time:
>"I won't call all venom poisonous because I haven't been introduced to a venom that I've been immune to"
wrong
>"I won't call all venom painful because I haven't experienced all venoms."
correct

>> No.2040842

>>2040829
Perhaps the first bit of reason I've seen on this thread. However,sadly, i think most of us are going to take the nursery scool rout on this one: if you make fun of me I'll make fun of you

>> No.2040843

>>2040828
I'm not saying everyone has to like them, but come on:

We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the secret sits in the middle and knows.

How can you not see the merits of this piece?

>> No.2040846

>>2040843
I screwed that up, dammit.

We dance round in a ring and suppose,
but the secret sits in the middle and knows.

>> No.2040845

I've never been able to understand poetry. A lot of times it seems too vague to mean anything or is straight up nonsensical.

>> No.2040844

>>2040837
>Well the fallacy is obvious and quite revealing
>>2040689

>> No.2040850

>>2040843
If that poem is not about a ring of people sitting then I fear the meaning has just sailed over my empty little head

>> No.2040853

>>2040850
or dancing i suppose

>> No.2040855

>>2040850
>>2040853
well tell me, what was the thought process that lead you to that conclusion?

>> No.2040856

>>2040845
Perhaps you aren't one for literary analysis, then. Some are, some aren't. I'm sure you can find some literal poets to enjoy. Some people just aren't good with extended metaphors.

>> No.2040859

>>2040689
>limit
Have you met my other post?
>>2040698

>> No.2040864

>>2040855
The words "We dance around in a ring"

>> No.2040868

>>2040864
Did you stop there without finishing the sentence?
There is a whole other line to consider

>> No.2040875

>>2040868
Ahh, how did I know you were going to ask that? No, the cult that I follow forbids reading beyond the first line of anything. I'd oppose it but the punishment for disloyalty is, unfortunately, castration.

Yes I read the second line. "but the secret sits in the middle and knows." That lead me to believe that the people are dancing around something. A secret, to be specific. Does this mean that the poem is a play on the term "dancing around the truth?" and that the dancers all have some shame that theyhide from their fellows? Could be. I didn't take it that way.

>> No.2040877

>>2040868
Don't be patronizing, some people never learned the skill.

>> No.2040879 [DELETED] 

>>2040812
I'm sorry I'm not more appreciative of your razor wit.

>Poe
Second-rate.

>Frost
Urgh.

>Angelou
Token.

>Contemporary poetry
Untried and untested, mostly junk. Try the classics first.

>Baudelaire
Stanzaic poetry doesn't translate well - either it's crammed into an english stanza it doesn't fit, or is rendered as strange prose. Try Paris Spleen, since it was prose to begin with.

I'm going to recommend W. B. Yeats, Ezra Pound (his short stuff, not the cantos,) and John Milton. You should probably be starting with poetic novels to 'acclimatise' you - say, Against the Grain, Temple of the Golden Pavilion, or The Picture of Dorian Gray.

I'll just leave this here.
http://homepages.wmich.edu/~cooneys/poems/Pound.altaf.html

>> No.2040881

>>2040879

>Poe
>second rate

fullretard,jpg

>> No.2040883

>>2040875
to cut the long story short, one interpretation is as follows:
The secret is itself, the poem, or any poem, and we're the ones dancing around it trying to find the meaning.

Its a joke. What we're doing now is being mocked at.

>> No.2040887

>>2040883
>one interpretation
The defense rests

>> No.2040893

>>2040887
I thought it was clever, maybe you didn't.
One poem wasn't clever, no poem can be clever, right?

>> No.2040894

>>2040881
Considering the number of poets, second rate is still a positive assessment.

>> No.2040895

>>2040883
I have a problem with that interpreation. It implies that in the center of all of our speculatin there is a truth that nobody has guessed by then. Which truth is that and why has it not been discovered? Is it known lely by the author?

>> No.2040898

>>2040893
Haha I see what you did there, you took some of my frowned-upon stances from previous posts and applied it to this one. And I thought I was clever.

The thing that everybody on this thread has failed to realize is that I am not saying "everybody must dismiss poetry because I dont think it's art". I am arguing for the opposite, in fact. I think that WE decide what WE think is art, and, by consequence,do not PERSONALLY accept poetry as an art form.

>> No.2040899

>Interpretation
What is this poem trying to tell us to do? What moral does it have about farming well, curing a hangover, getting a loan, picking up chicks, avoiding trouble? What useful lesson can we philistines wring out of this bitch? It would be just ridiculous if it existed for its own sake, because we have no money and no time for frivolous things here on the streets, and no one else should either.

>> No.2040902

>>2040895
and so we dance...

No, its true, you raise a good point. But to me the point was to avoid the question of where. Instead, the presentation of the secret as the only thing aware of the truth is true to how we approach literature. We have to believe there is something worthwhile before reading it, as they are written down and bound to something nice. If that weren't true, no one would be bitching about shit poems.

>> No.2040905

>>2040898
If people are failing to realize what you are saying ITT then it is because you are presenting your ideas poorly.

>> No.2040907

>>2040898
I understand you clearly now.
The problem was when "all of poetry" was declared not art.
We really hold the same views.

>> No.2040913

>>2040907
never mind, reread your post and you did say 'all of poetry is not art".
I agree, we decide what is art and what is not, but only for what we directly experience.
To read a portion of what is considered "poetry" and then dismiss it all is, like others mentioned, quite ignorant.

>> No.2040915

>>2040902
I guess that's just something I can't get behind. I don't like to go into something that doesn't have an answer that can be derived through speculation.
It seems like an idea of "Nobody knows what it's really about, at least it's a fun ride", which doesn;t really make sense to me because if that were the case somebody could just put down a bunch of nonsensical words, claim it has meaning, and watch as people flock to gain meaning from it like rats trying to gnaw their way through a concrete wall that may have treasure on the other side.
O wait.
Poetry.

>> No.2040921

Here's my bottom line. Of all the poetry I have encountered in my life, I have enjoyed none of it. Talk all you want about how poorly-read I am, talk all you want about me just not finding "my type of poetry", and talk all you want about "not being able to dismiss all poetry because you haven't read it all", but at the end of the day I won't PERSONALLY accept poems as art. If you're still butthurt after this post then perhaps instead of talking to me about tolerance for an art medium you should look to yourselves for tolerence of others' opinions

>> No.2040928

>>2040898
That's not how it works. Art is not a word which means 'pleasing to me.' Art is a collectively defined field, even if individuals have their own views on it. But your trying to present your own definition as the collective definition. It isn't, and that's a matter of fact and not opinion. Don't idly drop comments like "Oh, myself, I don't think poetry is art, ever since my english teacher molested me..." etc, and expect no challenge. In Japanese, the definition of 'ao' includes both green or blue, without distinction. But in English, calling the sky green or grass blue is incorrect. These terms have well established uses in their languages, and poetry is defined as a form of art in all languages. Why bicker about it?

>> No.2040929

>>2040921
To be fair, you came to a board dedicated to literature and said that an entire branch of it wasn't art to you. Of course people are going to argue with you, and of course they'll get butthurt about it. If you thought anyone was going to actually hate poetry with you then you were really off base. Should have known better!

>> No.2040935

>>2040928
Because we all know what art is because, contrary to your belief, it DOES HAVE A DEFINITON. and I am not talking about the English word "Art", I am talking about what art means. It is, definitively, something that will envoke an emotion, and some people will have different responses to different "art". I will respond differenyly to a painting from my brother or my dog-sitter or you because of what I personally react to.

>> No.2040937

>>2040929
That is fair. I just thought that somebody might agree...

>> No.2040941

>>2040935
I am a total fan of dog-sitter art my fellow compatriot.
Let us appreciate real art, unlike poetry..

>> No.2040942

>>2040921
Face it, you're a philistine. Your tasteless pastimes will never have any prestige. You will uncritically gorge any piece of media that caters to your niche interest fetishes - ooh, robots! ooh, hardboiled detectives! ooh, soldiers! - without regard for style or finesse. As pornography is an aid for masturbation, so too are your trashy novels aids for daydreaming. Don't bother trying to redefine art to fit them and them alone. Go watch a blockbuster, eat some nachos, do whatever you need to do, but learn to act according to your station.

>> No.2040946

>>2040935
You seem to be ejecting anything that doesn't please you from the field of art. Refer to this post:

>>2040942

>> No.2040949

>>2040942
A genre-fiction-is-garbage fagmosexual who thinks that anybody who won't read poetry or philosophy must be a football-chasing degenerate who survives solely on cheeseburgers, war movies, and his own smegma? Have't seen one of those on /lit/ for a while.
Why don't you masturbate into a mirror for a while, curl up with your beloved fancy words, and drift away to sleep 'neath a rising pool of self-satisfaction you all-important "I would suck my own cock if I could" cunt?
inb4: "I thought you may react that way you quaint little cave man"

>> No.2040952

>>2040946
I am rejecting anything that I don't consider art from MY field of art. I don't mind tat others consider poetry art. Thought I made that clear a while ago;It's like I'm typing laps or somethin
g. I guess it's my fault for assuming that people on a literature board are ale to read.

>> No.2040958

>>2040949
>genre-fiction-is-garbage
You're using this phrase depreciatively. Which means that you like genre fiction, as suspected. My work here is done. I hope I've planted some seed of self-disgust in your mind.

>> No.2040961

>>2040958
>ooh, robots! ooh, hardboiled detectives! ooh, soldiers!
Forgive me if I thought you were hining at genre fiction there. And yes I am defending genre fiction, and I am doing it in the same way everybody else here has been defending your precious poetry. Why? Because, sure, I suppose I consider it art. Presumably you are going to sling your shit at that now; "Ooh, how cute, the baby wikes his awien stowy books, let's all watch him drool into his own lap while we breath deeply from out own anuses"

>> No.2040963

>>2040952
You're speaking the same language as everyone else. Use the same public definitions of everything except "good," "bad" and other valuations, and you'll get along without too much confusion. If you had said "I haven't found poetry I like and am not inclined to search, but I'd like to talk about how happy I am with this stasis" we'd have a slightly smaller clusterfuck of a thread instead.

>> No.2040969

>>2040961
There's nothing I can add to your own words.

>> No.2040970

>>2040963
Too bad that's not what i ws trying to say

>> No.2040978

"Poets are shameless with their experiences: they exploit them." - Nietzsche

>> No.2040979

>>2040969
That's because even you know people like you, people who dab their own shit under their nose and look upon the quaint people of the earth with pity because they can't ever be as enlightened as you. I don't even know why I keep feeding you, because with every joke I make you simply pass it off as the vermin's attempt to play like The Enlightened One and smile at the horrid thing's cute attempt at mimickry. You'll pass this off with a completely unironic titter as well, so I suppose by this point I'm just spouting my own feelings for the sake of feeling angry,

>> No.2040984

>>2040970
Well, what else could you say? "I have a short attention span and have read a small amount of bad poetry that I think is self-absorbed and trivial, always with my english teacher looming in the back of my mind holding a riding crop. I don't like these random words flaying around, what's the deal? It must not be art. And by art I mean something I like."

>> No.2040991

>>2040984
Well there's egg on my face. A board who can't read certainly can't understand irony or sarcasm, so i suppose that whole "teacher" thing will be haunting me for a while.

I said what I meant to say. I have said it repeatedly, in fact. Poetry does not appeal to me. It is not artistic to me (artistic meaning evocative, not "somethin I like, consarn-it"). I know it is art to many. I accept that.

>> No.2040993

Here's the wacky thing about this thread.

OP: Man, all of these people are idiots!
Everybody else: Man, OP is an idiot!

>Opinions

>> No.2040994

>>2040979
Your repeated descriptions of shit have taught me my lesson.

>> No.2040998

>>2040994
"Look at it, Margaret, it made a poop joke. How whimsical it must be in that empty corridor he calls a head. As I was saying, the best part of being me is my driver's liscence. Anything that I could possibly want to know about myself on a neat little card. All I must do is take it out of my pocket, read about my perfect weight and height and look into that dazzling face and I'll have enough material to keep my rod waxed for nearly an hour! Oh look dear, it made yet another masturbation joke! If only it could think..."

>> No.2041000
File: 89 KB, 640x526, 1314516970969.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]