[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 9 KB, 276x183, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.2040256 [Reply] [Original]

I am terrible at both of the.
Mainly because I havent done any proper writing since I was 16(I am 22 now) only real writing I do is on the likes of 4chan,texting and facebook.

I am also from the north of england and where I am from we use a lot of slang whixh has fucked me up grammar wise.

ANy way I can read fine and I have been reading a lot more the last couple of years but is there anything else I can do to improve?

>> No.2040258

Write more. Look over what you type once or twice.

>> No.2040260
File: 36 KB, 292x475, elementsofstyle.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>> No.2040263

Read and post alot on 4chan. Seriously. I'm 20 and have been posting on 4chan since I was 16, and I think all the grammarfags correcting me has improved my writing far more than any writing I did in high school/college English classes.

>> No.2040277

>>2040258
Where though ?I work in retail,I dont need to write in my job.

>>2040263
I write a fair bit on facebook talking to friend but my dialect fucks me up a lot.
example

what time we gettin to the pub

I will have to wait intill me mar gets in.

Thats how we talk around here,so I end up writing stuff out like that.

>Any good books to read to improve ?

I have been reading phil k dick stuff

>> No.2040323
File: 5 KB, 225x225, imgres..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>2040277
A Writer's Reference. Required for most college-level english courses.

>> No.2040348

Warriner's English Grammar and Composition. You can get it used for less than ten dollars on Amazon. You're treating yourself to some healthy review, as well as some additional exercises. It can scratch the writing urge, as well; I've done a few exercises in my downtime, and felt pretty refreshed afterwards.