[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 129 KB, 939x499, walrus_bucket.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.2036286 [Reply] [Original]

So /lit/ do you hate it when people think books are just you know 'stuff you read'?

Talked to my roommate a while ago. Dude is pretty often on /g/ and was complaining no one could help him out with his problem and that all of 4chan is pretty much only retards.

Told him /lit/ is a pretty cool place and there are some really intelligent people there. His answers something like that: "lol intelligent people, just people who read one or two books, books are easy". So I asked him "Well you wanna read some of the books I have lying aournd? So you can see for yourself how 'easy' they are?"
His simple answer was "Nah I got better things to do, books suck anyways...." and goes back to browsing /g/.

>> No.2036299

>>2036286
not everyone likes books

>> No.2036302

op confirmed for age 14.

>> No.2036309

>>2036302
You are even more immature though.

>> No.2036324

>>2036309
is this fabulous new trip? its like my third time posting here this week and you're nagging already :/

>> No.2036327

>>2036299
>>2036302

Its ok if someone doesn't like books. I am completly ok with that. My best two friends don't read at all. Thats cool. But they listen when I tell them a little bit about books and think that books are indeed good stuff, but that its just not for them. They still do consider them art.

These roommate of mine on the other hand thinks books are just stuff that was written, nothing special about, I could do it too, its not hard writing something. Everyone could do it. That is what pissing me off. Not the fact that he doesn't like books. The fact that he considers books as nothing special. Maybe its just my opinion, but thats just ignorant.