[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 26 KB, 512x512, 3v_m08Kb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
20313249 No.20313249 [Reply] [Original]

Write whats on your mind

>> No.20313282

So what constitutes fan fiction or an off topic thread? I’ve seen and had threads deleted and been banned and it doesn’t make sense.

>> No.20313288

>>20313282
Don't try and make sense of a tranny's mood swings.

>> No.20313303

>>20313288
It’s crazy because I’ve thrown out different opinions that are all over the political spectrum or whatever.

>> No.20313316
File: 23 KB, 524x573, 34634734.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20313249
I wake up every day it's a daydream
Everything in my life ain't what it seems
I wake up just to go back to sleep
I act real shallow but I'm in too deep

And all I care about is sex and violence
A heavy bassline is my kind of silence
Everybody says that I gotta get a grip
But I let sanity give me the slip

Some people think I'm BONKERS!
But I just think I'm free!
Man, I'm just livin' my life
There's nothing crazy about me

Some people pay for thrills
But I get mine for free
Man, I'm just livin' my life
There's nothing crazy about me

>> No.20313321

>>20313249
I plan on talking to a navy recruiter at the end of the month, I've always wanted to serve in the navy, go on a ship, and see the world while working hard. As the arbitrary deadline I set comes closer and closer I'm nervous to go through with it because I'm afraid to fail. Anyone got some advice for getting over that kind of nervousness?

>> No.20313326

>>20313282
Depends how many trannies and jews report your posts.

>> No.20313331

Would you let your buddy plow your wife if it was specifically for the purpose of continuing his genes?

>> No.20313333

>>20313321
that's good and healthy anxiety. bad and unhealthy anxiety is what you get from doing nothing and having nothing coming up the leads the feeling of time and opportunities wasting away.

>> No.20313339

>>20313331
Genes only matter for animals
Humans are all alike, sons of Adam and daughters of Eve

>> No.20313343

>>20313249
you bb

>> No.20313355

>>20313321
You can't fail unless you are a complete waste of breath. Unless you have a verified medical condition you will pass and go through boot camp and training with no problems. Remember that the Marine Corps exists and double digit I morons make it through with no problems.

>> No.20313356

>>20313331
nope all of my friends have inferior genes. and we like it that way.

>> No.20313357

>>20313333
You said what I needed to hear thank you.

>> No.20313359

how to be a digital nomad while being /lit/ ?

>> No.20313360

>>20313339
>t. dysgenic non-white

>> No.20313367

I'm reposting this from the previous thread:
If you reply to someone's story on Instagram and they don't follow you, will your message go to their DM inbox or to their message request inbox? I want to get in touch with someone who gave me the greelight to dm them but they don't follow me back and no one ever notices the request inbox

>> No.20313369

>>20313355
Thank you as well, I know chances are I wouldn't fail for some reason I always get this creeping feeling that I wouldn't do well

>> No.20313376

>>20313321
I have worked with every branch of the military and im going to let you in on a secret. recruiters are penalized for not making quotas. I have talked to several retired marines, army and navy guys that have gone through recruiting duty and every single one of them had a story about driving two hours away to bring a guy to base only to help him cheat through qualifications just to make their quota (and those qualifications are not hard. not even the physical ones). The system is rigged to get people in. you literally have to be brain dead desu. dont sweat it.

>> No.20313394

Being around people always makes me feel more isolated. I think I'm pathologically incapable of forming relationships. People just seem so far away

>> No.20313401

>>20313376
Can I cheat my way through the medical examine? I heard they specifically check wrists for cutting scars.

>> No.20313408

>>20313376
Thank you for that I always thought recruiters would do something like this, but this information really helps with my confidence thank you sincerely

>> No.20313456

>>20313401
Tell them you fell off your bike or got them in a wood cutting accident. Unless you have been placed in an involuntary psych hold or have psych med prescriptions on your medical record they will gladly except your bullshit lie.

>> No.20313466

>>20313367
DM box. Request inbox is only for the subsection of messages from those who you neither follow or are followed by. If they let you follow them, it'll appear in their main inbox since they gave consent to let you see their profile. To put it overly technically, if one party gives permission to follow or be followed, it'll show up along the others. If neither parties have given consent to follow, it'll show up as a request.

I don't know if this person is a girl or an artist or whatever but if they're any kind of popular figure in their own social sphere, especially one who thrives on clout, chances are it slipped through the cracks and there are more "interesting" - I don't mean this pejoratively - people to talk to. A greenlight to follow someone doesn't mean much for any influencer type. Watch out for people who chase follows and never follow others back. I'm assuming that's the case this doesn't sound like you're messaging a close friend or someone with whom you have IRL social bonds. (Also, I get notifications on my home screen if someone's sent me an anonymous DM request and the request inbox appears at the top of everyone's DM list iirc so it probably stands out to me more in a way. But that's rare for me since I'm also a nobody. Plus social media's gay so idk.... don't over think it champ.)

>> No.20313467

Humans are divided into two overgeneral categories: of those who are impelled by the forces of purity, and of those who are compelled by the forces of hybridization.

The category of those who are impelled by the forces of purity is epitomized in the type of the pure virgin; the category of those who are compelled by the forces of hybridization is epitomized in the type of the hybrid whore.

The noble ones belong to the category of those who are impelled by the forces of purity; the ignoble many belong to the category of those who are compelled by the forces of hybridization.

This dichotomy, as can be expected, is rooted in biogenetics, and manifested in racial type; the racial lineage of those who are impelled by the forces of purity is referred to the original aryans; the antiracial lineage of those who are compelled by the forces of hybridization is referred to multiple sources, to multiple points in spacetime, to any occurrence of miscegenation.

To destroy is easier than to construct, therefore, the process of hybridization can occur within one (de)generation; to construct is more difficult than to destroy, therefore, the process of purification not only can be realized only through multiple (re)generations, but it is more propense to ruption of sequence, than the process of hybridization.

The noble ones, impelled by the forces of purity, strive to cure the racial damage incurred by degeneration, to curb base urges, to sublimate physical energy in metaphysical work, to save others from hybridization, to regenerate the noble race.

The ignoble many, compelled by the forces of hybridization, continue the orgy of degeneration initiated by their ancestors, to mistify, conflate, and confuse, to become ever more chimerically blended, to cause others to become like them, to dysgenerate a raceless mass.

>> No.20313499

>>20313456
Man I have a lot and they're pretty fucking obvious

>> No.20313501

>>20313401
no but if your recruiter knows your evaluator well enough they can work out over looking it to boost both their numbers (evaluators can be penalized for not green lighting enough people. they can also get investigated if you are a POC).

>> No.20313540

>>20313501
I'm basically albino so I'll get no PoC privileges

>> No.20313579

>>20313540
I still say its worth shooting your shot if you really want it. as long as you pass the psych evaluation (which has obvious right answers) and dont act openly psychotic during boot camp / basic training (which isnt even all that intense with the new anti hazing protocols) you should be good to go kill bad guys and get foreign strange until you get sick of being treated like an object owned by special interest groups (or you get life time pay for disability like all of my buddies at work. one of which is retired at 39 because of his 100%)

>> No.20313589

I’m mediocre and I always will be. I can’t write without cringing at it. There’s no reason to do it any more.

>> No.20313615

>>20313466
I think you misunderstood me.
I asked them in public if it was fine to dm them on Instagram and they said yes. They allow anyone to follow them which I did and then sent the message request but haven't got a reply back. I don't know if they disabled notifications for that or they are just ignoring me which would be weird. After all, they literally told me I was welcomed to dm them.
Someone replied to me in the other thread and said that it goes straight to their inbox though in case they don't follow me back so idk which one of you is right. Maybe I should confront them and ask what's up.
Social media truly isn't designed to make friends, is it? Ironic

>> No.20313628

>>20313579
I think what I want most is the prestige. Once in the military you are untouchable. I know some shut in, autist, weirdo, who spent the last 6 years playing minecraft. He barely graduated high school and is dumb as shit. He was everyones punching bag. The butt of every joke. The type of person mothers point at to make examples of what not to be for the kids.
He joined the military and suddenly all critque ended over night. Now he's everybodies darling. he doesnt even have any important role. He does very minor maintenance work and wouldnt see combat even in a war. But he has everyones praise and all the cool financial benefits. He gets his mom fancy hotel rooms at a franction of the price. He has low interest rates on his credit cards. He hasthe besr healthcare known to man.
It pisses me off that a public works program for otherwise redundant individuals is like a golden ticket. I'd love to get some low tier postition in the National Guard, show up to base once a month,and get to wag my dick like a king. The free college is appealing too.
And yes, in event of actual war I would in fact defect.

>> No.20313646

>>20313628
correction, you are untouchable to anybody who isnt also active or prior military. also all I hear from my buddies is that the VA is absolute ass so, as long as you are still active you will have that good health care but be ready to be nothing again once you rejoin society.

>> No.20313669

I remember in the last year of primary school we had a summercamp with the entire class. We went to a house surrounded by a big forest and put our tents in front of there. During one of the nights there was some kind of quest or treasure hunt organized by the teachers were we had to search for clues in the forest and some girl made a big drama about being raped or something (which was bullshit). During one of the nights there was music and slowdancing giving me butterfly in stomach feelings when dancing with a girl. In fact this kind of dancing was repeated at several birthday parties i attended that year and during the summer between primary school and high school. Wish i had my first kisses then instead of 11 years later in some club while semidrunk.

>> No.20313672

I'm not enjoying reading books anymore.

>> No.20313674

>>20313467
Have sex

>> No.20313684

>>20313669
Fuck i should have reread it instead of using the same phrase twice.

>> No.20313704

>>20313672
Then don’t do it for a while and when you come back you’ll probably enjoy it again.

>> No.20313723

>>20313704
That's what I did but after coming back I'm still not enjoying it.

>> No.20313729

My flesh done sloughed off flopped on the rocked ground around my bone the purport support of my flesh done sloughed off flopped on the rocked ground around my bone the purport support of

>> No.20313739

>>20313615
>asking if it was fine to DM
anon i hope this isn't a women you are talking to because you have a lot to learn about women if you found it necessary to even ask such a question.

>> No.20313749

>>20313499
Unless it's on paper they don't want to hear about it. You can't be worried about some chicken scratches on your arms and think you'll make it through boot.

>> No.20313762
File: 711 KB, 1200x800, a young xi jinping.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

In 2 weeks I become a young professional with a salaried job full of benefits. I have 2 weeks to get all the degeneracy and partying out of my system. This all feels so strange. Hopefully ill be able to adjust to the white collar lifestyle. I really hope so...

anyways i have to go to the bar now and continue my bender.
https://youtu.be/hEC70H9v8ek

>> No.20313777

>>20313674
With you?

>> No.20313824

i started going on /fit/ today and it's such a different culture there, the whole place is full of horndogs thinking about getting laid 24/7 such a difference from /lit/ which is just people coming up with ideological copes for their learned helplessness. not saying one is better than the other, just amazing how different it is.

>> No.20313837

>>20313467
very long winded and gay way to just say you believe in Nordicist larp nonsense have sex incel

>> No.20313861

Death

>> No.20313862

>>20313615
Oh, their profile is public for anyone to follow? Let me guess, they have thousands of followers or are trying to be an influencer in some niche? In that case if you follow them yeah it'll probably appear in that inbox. Always makes me suspect their offer to follow them was less genuine

Honestly I think it would just be a lot easier to understand this situation and get good advice if you provided more context. And like that other anon said I pray to god this isn't some woman/oneitis in which case I don't know what to say. Trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here so throw us a bone.

>> No.20313868

>>20313321
Have fun having your ship blown up for Israel.

>> No.20313871

>>20313868
That only happened once and it was an (((accident))).

>> No.20313883
File: 266 KB, 695x1047, rip.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>last review from 2010

>> No.20313891

>>20313467
Hemophilia good.

>> No.20313933

>>20313749
Oh shoot, chickens are a great excuse. Thanks anon

>> No.20313939 [DELETED] 

Physician, heal thyself

>> No.20313943

>>20313739
Yes, it is a woman. Ofc it's a woman. Do you think I would overthink like this if it was a man? I didn't want to mention their sex to not deviate from the main question and to avoid someone to ridicule me because I asked if I could dm her. I didn't want to waste my time guessing whether she's open to receive DMs from strangers so I just asked her publicly on twitter and she said that yes, I was welcomed to (it was a very fast reply too btw). If she had said no or ignored me then I wouldn't have bothered.
I just want to make new friends after leaving a toxic social circle, don't even want to date her because I'm not in the right mind to be dating anyone.

>> No.20313953

>>20313249
my nephew brought some homeworks and he gave me one and i read it it was about terror attacks and shit, but thats not the point,
the point is this teacher plagiarized the crap out of this shit. i went onto the fbi website and there it was the same damn thing. except she just added and removed like five words.

>> No.20313967

>>20313943
I don't understand why you needed permission to send a message when she has a public Instagram. Unless your looking to DM due to some niche interests or common goal then this 'just want some friend' shit looks like 'im trying to fuck you' 99% of the time.

>> No.20313973

>>20313749
Have you ever been through boot camp? how long ago if so? I have a few friends that were instructors and they have stories about nearly being reassigned due to hazing charges for yelling at guys too much. It really doesnt sound that hard if you are relatively fit desu.

>> No.20313975 [DELETED] 

dude what's up with the biden administration declaring may 1st "loyalty day" i thought it was a joke at first but it's literally on whitehouse.gov. these guys push ideology that undermines the unity of the country 364 days a year and then on may 1st, international workers day, may day, to get people to declare their loyalty to america? what the helllll?

>> No.20313996
File: 11 KB, 244x207, rap_pepe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So here's the plan, gonna turn your neighborhood into Afghanistan
Maybe my personality is thorny, or I’m just horny but you’re so corny
Fuck your mother, your sister, your brother, your whole clan
I'm about to expose you like you were on Onlyfans
Toss all your clout into the frying pan
Cuz I'm in first place, you an also-ran
Switching gears, call me the bogey man cuz I’m all your fears
You and your friends? A bunch of queers
So bend over as you take it in your rears
You’re going out of business like Sears
Cuz you’re a con, and I’m like Amazon,
Shuttering your doors as you stutter on the floor with your butt sore
Diss you to your core, your whole deal makes me snore
You’re a bore, and I have unnecessary insults galore
On top of it all your mom’s a whore, you will hear me roar
Not even tryin’ but I got the heart of a lion
Leave em crying, maybe even dyin’
You will need triage, for with my espionage
I gain intel, on your plans I am spying
Into the pit of hell I will send you flying
Excessively belligerent, willfully ignorant
Obsessively militant, yet skillfully fluent
I’m the teacher, you’re just the student
A punk who can’t get paid, you get a failing grade
Sign your death warrant, my uncalled for hostility is abhorrent
Talking shit like a torrent
Your dream? I will foil it
And you’re toilet so let
my turd coil
over your head cuz I’m over it

>> No.20314015

>>20313868
I'd rather die doing something i've always wanted to do than die wishing I had

>> No.20314025

>>20313973
Most of my friends went through boot and none of them described any sort of abuse or anyone that tried to report the DI or DS. Trust me they do everything in their power short of physically dragging you to the finish line to graduate boot camp. The only physical incident i heard about was from one of my marine friends. They were doing the tear gas training and when he ran out of the shack practically blind one of the DIs clotheslined him hard just for shits and giggles. My friend wasn't even mad he was too busy being miserable from the gas.

>> No.20314041

>>20313996
>A punk who can’t get paid, you get a failing grade
*flunking grade
Missed opportunity

>> No.20314052 [DELETED] 

Is it a life well spent to formulate a system that will never come to pass?

>> No.20314072
File: 3 KB, 125x110, andaguylikeme.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20314052
A major symptom of the puer aeternis (adult child) is treating their thoughts as playthings. That said, psychologisms are also largely a waste of time. The plight of our generation is that we are childless manchildren. Energy is better spent raising children.

>> No.20314075

>>20314025
Ok. Im sure those complaints dont happen much and again those instructors are penalized for not passing enough people so I totally believe they push people through and my buddy only got investigated twice during his 6 years as a drill instructor (the second time he was reported for being miserably drunk which is what got him discharged under honorable). Most of his stories of that time in his career were antics or boots fighting other boots.

>> No.20314118

>>20313868
Yeah yeah something something USS Liberty something something dying for Israel. He's trying to grow as a man go to /pol/

>> No.20314125 [DELETED] 

What is it about medieval society in our fantasy?
That we wish not to be shackled by modern society?
But to be free from modern society in our fantasy?
But why then medieval society as our fantasy?
Why not some other society like a future fantasy?

>> No.20314145

>>20313967
>I don't understand why you needed permission to send a message when she has a public Instagram

I just wanted to find out what her stance was on DMs from strangers rather than just shooting in the dark. She seemed friendly enough in her answer which encouraged me to send the DM. Also, it's much easier to get someone's attention on twitter than Instagram

>Unless your looking to DM due to some niche interests or common goal then this 'just want some friend' shit looks like 'im trying to fuck you' 99% of the time
I do have a reason to talk to her which isn't related to carnal desires actually so this is not an excuse to fuck her at all. It's not my style.

>> No.20314166

>>20314125
Fantasizing about the future was popular for most of the 20th century. Its only since about the 90s that has changed. You know theres that popular meme about how we were expecting flying cars but got instead nightmare boxes we carry everywhere.

>> No.20314182
File: 281 KB, 475x600, canto-3-dante-and-virgil-at-the-entrance-to-hell-eric-armusik-2016-65122db0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This is so cool, reminds me of the most cutting edge design of 2015. Are you secretly Virgil Abloh? Le City Brie, You who push that wheel. The one grinding those who were once on top, saying that it’s they whose fortune plays in favour of their odds, which scene? The joke? The first mass execution? The rope? The first fight with the Russians? Dafoes detectiving and fucking with the detectives? the "firefight"? The cat? Which scene, anon?

>> No.20314185
File: 110 KB, 531x546, 1651239410193.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Im very insecure about my writing. I write really bad poems that sound like metal just to vent was wondering if that's valid or pathetic? I just like to write stuff

>> No.20314187
File: 237 KB, 786x984, download.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

A sense of taste is about having the right attitude about what you don't know.

>> No.20314194

Don’t you think the things people are most ashamed of are the things they can’t help?

>> No.20314200

>>20314185
>I just like to write stuff
then write, that's what matters

>> No.20314201

>>20313321
Study for your asvab and pick a cool rate. The lower the asvab score to the rate really shows the cut off in terms of intelligence. Don’t pick nuke it’s a rip off otherwise you’ll travel and have a good time

Boot camp is easy as fuck just get your basics down and you’ll look like a golden child

>> No.20314207

>>20314185
If you have the balls to actually write something to completion then you're ahead in my opinion. Some people are so insecure they won't even try putting pen to paper. Just remember no matter how good something is someone will find a way to hate it.

>> No.20314218

>>20314201
This is what I've been doing I started to run more in preparation getting physically fit. I know the sailors creed the 11 general orders, rank and recognition and chain of command I'm still working on. As for the Asvab I'm confident but I got study books and flash cards that I plan to start grinding on as I get closer to talking to the recruiter. I don't want to cram but I also don't want to start too early and forget math formula's and what not

>> No.20314237
File: 204 KB, 750x466, 9863C7D8-FA77-45FA-B68B-07640D917B06.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Wish I was dead and I don’t see any way out of my situation. Catholic anons reading this please pray I die in my sleep after my next confession lol lmao

>> No.20314244
File: 617 KB, 1306x872, download.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Another night the sun goes down.

>> No.20314249

Old people gambling at VLC machines. So sad to see

>> No.20314253

>>20314218
Don't remember needing any formulas. I never studied for the asvab and got 90th percentile. Recruiter was basically begging and almost sucking my dick to go nuke intelligence or some radio shit. He almost got an aneurysm when I told him I wanted to be a machinegunner because lmao pewpewpew.

>> No.20314255

>>20314218
He’s gonna want you to take that asvab asap. I would recommend studying sooner than later. The only things you really need to study for are the primary aspects like math and language comprehension. The tool knowledge and other various aspects are just to route you to a specific job area. So if you want something like seabee know your tools. Something like cryptology know your language. If you know the creed and 11 general orders you are already 99 percent better than everyone you’ll be in with

>> No.20314277

>>20314218
Asvab doesn't go above basic highschool algebra, got 99th percentile and only didn't join navy nuke because a car accident disqualified me.

>> No.20314290

Taste is tacitly known. Trying to explain taste is like trying to explain art itself.

>> No.20314299
File: 91 KB, 1280x720, 073FE480-014B-451E-B35F-86C7C1E3DBE8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20313249
YOU FORGOT THE LINK
YOU ALL FORGOT THE LINK

OLD THREAD
>>20309314
>>20309314

>> No.20314303
File: 4 KB, 163x125, download (7).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20314244
>And even if I could it'll all be gray
>But your picture on my wall
>It reminds me, that it's not so bad
>It's not so bad

>> No.20314305

>>20313333
Wasted quads leading poor saps to a wasted life.
So so sad.

>> No.20314311
File: 6 KB, 196x257, download (8).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20314244
>>20314303

>> No.20314313

>>20314253
>>20314255
>>20314277
Thank you all for the info, I really appreciate it I'll get on top of the studying now and try not to over think it too much. I did well in highschool but its been a while I was never the best at math so I definitely will need refreshers on that front. I just wanna say thank you to everyone who has responded to me on this topic I started out really stressed and worried but you've all eased my mind and I'm honestly very excited! I'll make you all proud!

>> No.20314322

>>20314145
does it matter anyway? either she replies to you or she doesn't. there's your answer. don't 'confront' her about ignoring your message.

>> No.20314324
File: 997 KB, 220x220, ericthnkr-guy-crying-while-listening-to-music.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20314244
>>20314303
>>20314311
>MY TEA'S GONE COLD, I'M WONDERING WHY I
>GOT OUT OF BED AT ALL
>THE MORNING RAIN CLOUDS UP MY WINDOW
>AND I CAN'T SEE AT ALL
>AND EVEN IF I COULD IT'LL ALL BE GRAY
>BUT YOUR PICTURE ON MY WALL
>IT REMINDS ME, THAT IT'S NOT SO BAD
>IT'S NOT SO BAD

>> No.20314330

I have a lot of interests and things I would like to study but never in my life have I dedicated myself to anything for more than a couple years at a time. I dropped out of school because of crippling social anxiety and now, many years later, I want to try again but the anxiety has never abated.

Now and then I'll do a couple free online courses but again, never saw it through in a meaningful way. I'm looking now at a handful of English courses, art history, and math or astronomy but what good would it do, no employer cares about that if it doesn't lead to a degree. I'm at a low point where even the bare minimum of self-improvement seems fruitless. And I can't even hold a job.

>> No.20314334 [DELETED] 
File: 68 KB, 500x500, 61o-eKyIxAL.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

dudes, there are so many trads on this board salty about the defeat of christianity to naturalism, but i never see anyone call out hugo grotius. according to this book, he's first dude to start deemphasizing the miraculous in the bible and undermining the power of god by saying the will of the community comes from natural law which is above god.

>> No.20314364

>>20314330

why don't you pursue your interests for the sake of yourself and your own education regardless of the outcome? you have to believe that you're worth investing in.

of course you're going to feel immobilized if you assign so much weight and consequence to everything you do. start going through the motions and you'll fall into a groove

>> No.20314371

>>20314218
>>20314255
in my state to graduate high school you have to take the asvab or equivalent test. if u can't pass the asvab u are literally below a high school grad from a blue state.

>> No.20314379

>>20314371
I didn't know that. That being the case I'm not really too worried, but I will say I'd rather be prepared and study than go in thinking i'll ace it.

>> No.20314398

Baby killers seething tonight

>> No.20314402

>>20314313
Just know that if you're looking to score high so that you can do anything even remotely complex the military's training is incredibly condensed and focused on fundamentals and incredibly specific things you'll need to know to fulfill your duty. It's going to be crammed into a very small period of time and most people in the more demanding careers wash out of training fast because they can't handle studying 8+ hours a day.

>> No.20314404

>>20314379
there is some mechanic shit on it that isn't covered in high schools, but u don't need that to pass if u did ok on the other parts, but it can save ur ass if u tinker on cars and engines and shit but skip school to smoke weed or something. i wouldn't stress, but ya prob review a little won't hurt. if u have enough firing neurons to engage on /lit/ ur prob gonna be fine.

>> No.20314443

>>20314398
I'm so excited. God I hope the final decision looks like the draft. Alito was absolutely on fire in that thing.

>> No.20314484

Right now my biggest problem is a lack of energy, motivation, discipline, energy especially.

>> No.20314485

>>20314398
Texted my ex "Pouring out one for our dead baby you dumb bitch". Roastiw got toastie.

>> No.20314487

>>20314443
Lots of libs are saying he's opening the door to repealing constitutional guarentees on a lot of things protected by the 14th amendment. Which I think would be great. The 14th amendment has been frivolously used to guarantee all kinds of privileges as "rights." I doubt it will really happen though.

>> No.20314491

>>20314485
Sorry about your child anon.

>> No.20314499

>>20314364
I'm working on it, I easily fall in to a poor state of mind where I'm incredibly hard on myself, and for a long time I didn't even realize what I was doing. It's just hard to see a future for myself when I've been stuck in hole for so many years.

>> No.20314501

>>20314398
Interesting time for me to decide I need to stop paying attention to politics and focus on my personal life.

>> No.20314502

>>20314398
>>20314443
>>20314487
What happened? I don't read the news.

>> No.20314509

>>20314491
Shit hurt harder than I thought it would when I found out. Thanks for your kind words bro.

>> No.20314512

>>20314499
Just start on stuff that's within your grasp for now and try not to think about the future until you're in a better spot.

>> No.20314530

>>20314502
Leaked draft of the SCOTUS abortion decision. Supposedly a full overturn of Roe v. Wade.

There's speculation that it was leaked by some lib clerk in order to cause chaos ahead of the final decision and potentially intimidate the justices.

>> No.20314532

>>20314501
>>20314502
Looks like the Supreme Court is overturning Roe v Wade. Ultimately this wont change much. I'm sure only a handful of states will make any meaningful changes to their abortion laws. But watching the meltdown is fun enough.
Some added drama
>draft decision is leaked, which is being reported as unprecedented. Some saying consequences for the leak will be major
>Alito specifically alludes to similar rulings regarding gay marriage and legalizing sodomy which were protected as rights under similar arguments
>barricades being set up around Supreme Court now
>autist running through crowd of protestors screeching "COPE AND SEETHE"

>> No.20314540

>>20314532
This is so dumb. We had the midterms all won, we were making gains. Now the Democrats are going to BTFO us. Why the hell should I care if some random woman kills her baby? We have bigger problems to deal with.

>> No.20314558

>start to read Aristotle's Categories
>get absolutely filtered on page 2

What the actual fuck is a predicate? I looked it up and got like 6 different explanations.
I'm not gonna make it right?

>> No.20314563
File: 147 KB, 719x896, IMG_20220502_211554_597.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20314540
People keep saying this and it's obnoxious.
>just cede ground so we can win elections
Bullshit. We're saving babies from whores. Whores who would have voted democrat anyway. Learn to victory.

>> No.20314569

>>20314563
The only things which matter are
1. Preventing a communist takeover of the USA
2. Climate change
3. Pollution
I don’t care about abortion. I don’t understand why my people care so much about abortion.

>> No.20314571

>>20314569
I don't see why people care so much about climate change, which is made up, and pollution, which is China's fault.

>> No.20314591

>>20314569
Congress doesn't do shit man. You really think they would stop any of those things? I'm so sick of hearing boomers go on about muh midterms meanwhile the biden admin is wrecking this country by executive order.
>. I don’t understand why my people care so much about abortion.
Simply put: it's evil. Women are murdering their own children. This has a profound impact not only on the people immediately involved, but also on the culture generally. Parenthood and motherhood specifically are coming to be seen as evils. Sex is totally divorced from procreation. The family unit has been totally destroyed, and the divide between men and women is almost at a breaking point. Such perverted notions of sex and relationships has broken America.

Anyway, if you're really that concerned about muh midterms, dont think this will change anything. Abortion remains extremely unpopular with most Americans as it is. Seeing these screeching harpies fling their piss and shit in public over not being able to murder their own children only helps Republicans. Added to the fact that midterms ALWAYS hurt the party in the Executive Office, the deep unpopularity of Biden, and the imploding economy no one is going to change his or her vote from red to blue over this.

>> No.20314605

>>20314591
The reason why republicans always win midterms is because darkies and browns unironically don't know abut them, and the ones that do don't care. Democrats spend all kinds of manpower and resources to educate people in the inner cities to get out and vote during the midterms, but they literally don't give a fuck unless it's a cult of personality presidential election.

>> No.20314610

>>20314605
Midterms are always won by the opposition party, not by Republicans. It follows a pattern.

>> No.20314619
File: 259 KB, 400x368, 1600125902785.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

to see the world in a grain of sand
and Heaven in a wild flower
hold infinity in the palm of your hand
and eternity in an hour

>> No.20314623

>>20314200
ok...

>>20314207
I just suck at everything..

>> No.20314637

>>20314623
I got something for you to suck

>> No.20314645
File: 342 KB, 540x581, 1580273334019.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>try to talk to women
>get ignored and or get replies several days later
>ignore women and not bother initiating conversation
>get dms and conversations are brought up
It's like dealing with cats jfc

>> No.20314665
File: 91 KB, 1080x1080, 7A37A117-69ED-43AB-ACB9-C1D358F33E1A.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How do I learn to forgive others and especially myself?

>> No.20314678
File: 271 KB, 723x900, 1613042722402.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I haven't told my group of friend that my dad had a massive brain hemorrhage and will most likely have is entire left side paralysed. It's getting a bit wierd to not mention it. I just don't know how; I feel like such a killjoy like I'm gonna run the mood if I ever bring it up.

>>20314145
I don't get it though, if you were talking to her in person why didn't you just asked about what you wanted to talk about directly instead of asking if it was fine to dm???

>> No.20314685

I'm tired of having IBS. The other day I almost missed a job interview because my colon felt like it was going to shred itself to pieces and fall out of my asshole.

>> No.20314690
File: 371 KB, 761x973, Screenshot_20201227-183746_Google.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What's the end goal of writing? Ok I wrote this now what

>> No.20314732

>>20314685
try raw milk

>> No.20314738

>>20314685
you have to painstakingly log what you eat until you figure out what you can and cant have bruh

>> No.20314855

im the xi jinping of weed smoking
https://youtu.be/fi33-cITS0s

>> No.20314879

>>20314665
Original forgiveness

>> No.20314884

>>20314855
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX5hcbzZCow

>> No.20314900

>>20314879
What’s that?

>> No.20314903

Cut off negative people from my life. Despite them being the people who I called my friends, they were really not my friends, just people who I stuck around with coz we all shared some of the same interests.

There's still a lingering sense of regret over the loss, which will go away with time, but all in all I feel quite happy with my decision.

>> No.20314928

>>20314903
Based.
One of the big revelations that most people need to make in order to be happy is that having no friends is much better than having 900 shitty ones. You have already taken more positive steps in your mental health than 99.9% of the population.

>> No.20314974

The problem with the Twin Peaks Return series, (having watched it and the “making of” footage), was clearly myriad, but I’ll break it down into three main points:
1. The time in between, while thinly justified by Laura Palmer’s dialogue “I’ll see you in 25 years,” was far too great for any of the actors to retain their form—not only their acting chops but their literal form—they looked melted and fatigued. Many of the cast had already died or were smart enough to steer clear.
In an effort to support the ossified pros, new actors were brought in, but were largely cynical, disgusting and ugly people; more fit for an episode of Breaking Bad than anything belonging to Peaks.
2. Most of the series is spent in locations such as New York, the Dakotas, and Nevada, Twin Peaks is mostly reduced to light-relief, and an awful premise of real bands planning at the Roadhouse at the end of the show. It reminds me of the Godfrey Ho, Hong Kong “ninja” movies that were spliced footage of white guys fighting in a park alongside an actual kung fu movie that they dubbed over to link the stories, like a proto-Saban; none of the Twin Peaks footage feels remotely relevant to anything that happens elsewhere—and since Twin Peaks is a town where anything can happen, you’d have expected the series to have focused on the town, even if they had to ignore many of the old plot lines. Instead we got watered down “comedic” storylines about Las Vegas gangsters, insurance fraud, hicks assassinating and backstabbing each other etc.
3. While we have to give Lynch the credit for the original series raising the bar on TV; giving it a more cinematic direction, no one in good conscience say that he did so this time. Of course their will be diminishing returns, but the truth is plain to see, it looks cheap and nasty and digital. Perhaps it was the budget, but some of the effects remind me of a DR. Who episode. Entire scenes that could be shown to us, are left to be awkward monologues (Freddie with the green glove), making it seem like a bad stage play, that needed to plug up a few plot holes. It is most unforgivable that the explanation for “Judy” is crammed in by Lynch’s own character in a scene right before the end of the series.
And the reason this is so insulting, is because Twin Peaks never really needed that much explanation; all the mysticism and supernatural elements were ambiguous and primarily visual, but there is an insulting attempt to explain what we’ve had 25 years to contemplate, while new elements are put ambiguously into one episode and never mentioned again.
It is a disjointed mess and Lynch, having watched the extras, has too many yes man, in both his crew and cast, who are willing to facilitate actual shit because there once was gold. (I can’t post on TV, and it’s the most retarded board anyway).

>> No.20314978

>>20314900
Read the book by de Warren.
https://reviews.ophen.org/2021/10/21/nicolas-de-warren-original-forgiveness/

Dependent Rational Animals by Alasdair MacIntyre. Read this as well.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alasdair_MacIntyre#Dependent_Rational_Animals_(1999)

>> No.20314984

>>20314569
>I don’t understand why my people care so much about abortion.
What an inhumane attitude.

>> No.20314993
File: 177 KB, 955x1402, 5EA1C043-C6E8-4B54-8C2D-F855C24E63AC.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20314974
Didn’t read and LYNCHED.

>> No.20314996

>>20314978
Thanks fren, i need any help.

>> No.20315000

>>20314903
Same reason i got a divorce. It‘s no use spending any time with someone who‘s just trying to lure you into hedonism instead of inspiring you to become the übermensch by their own striving to fulfill their potential. Dead weight. Good riddance.

>> No.20315009

>>20314993
Of course you didn’t read it, it would interfere with your idol worship.

>> No.20315020
File: 115 KB, 1400x1400, 570FDB11-1470-49AD-B726-673DFDF5942A.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20315009
>all those words
you got lynched pretty bad huh?

>> No.20315026
File: 2.18 MB, 520x293, D14FAC11-F44B-44FA-B890-40058ADF273E.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20314974

>> No.20315033

>>20314569
you're a lefty

>> No.20315051

>>20313249
Is there a word or concept - philosophical, sociological, scientific, etc. for: the necessity that people need something to work for/against?

>> No.20315067

>>20315051
Uh, pride in oneself and one’s actions and the resulting high self esteem?

>> No.20315088

>>20315051
the law of excluded middle?

>> No.20315128

>>20315067
Yes, example: "if only *I could get* rid of these damn ants, my life would be so much better."
Then, one gets rid of the ants and says "now that the ants are gone, it's time to get down *to the real work.*" ad infinitum.
Theres a 'positioning' in regards to an 'enemy' or a 'goal' that needs to be vanquished or completed. As such theres always a context from which the world is examined and defined. Thus, it follows that one could reasonably turn that knowledge of there being a context at all into the enemy/goal, leveraging you above actions which now become petty in comparison. For example, switzerlands position in the World Wars, compared to the ally/axis positions, who are treating eachother like the great enemy that, once vanquished, will open a path forward in 'positional growth.'
My point in wondering, is in moving ones 'positioning' to increasingly incomprehensible (insert word i'm looking for here - dialectic opposition???) - one can escape the petty conflicts that rule our world: By becoming a schizophrenic, you are put in a hospital - yet you avoid any given conflict that may arise in the outside world. You are exempt from military service, and you are exempt from working, (most likely.) So one could construct a system whereby 'truth' - if we say truth is the ability to make coherent statements - can be achieved through complexity alone. For example - mathematics > complex systems > mbti, big 5, dsm -- for my question, in terms of their descriptive ability of 'position states.'
Apologies for how ridiculous this may seem. It's why I ask for a sociological or psychological formulation.
>>20315088
Kinda, seems interesting nonetheless.

>> No.20315132

I'm just alternating between things to be anxious about and it's twisted and keeps me still. If I'm really worried about work related stuff, then suddenly I remember how beyond repair other aspects of my life are, and that brings me momentary relief for some reason. Do you know how I usually muster up energy/courage the get up and go to work? I think that perhaps I get into an auto accident on my way to work and get to spend a few weeks in a hospital or even die. No such luck so far. Distracting myself from life all together is becoming more and more difficult. Seeing success reminds me of my lack of prospects. Seeing misery reminds me how miserable I am. Art reminds me that I will never create art. How do people do it? Why isn't everyone having psychotic breaks? I'm waiting for the epiphany that will make me turn my life around.

>> No.20315147

>>20315132
I felt this fren. I drink to cope.

>> No.20315162

>>20315128
So the idea that one could grasp the context behind actions and thus rise above it by dropping out of having to partake in the actions itself and try to attain the underlying goal directly? As with switzerland, you‘d argue that they stayed „neutral“ as to not get tangled up in the petty back and forth of the other countries and that the goal of wars is usually the amassing of more power or revenge for wounded pride, which could also be had by other means. (Like nazi gold laundering…)
I‘m not sure i could give you the word you‘re looking for. If there even is one. But i do believe that, as tempting as the concept sounds and as logical as it is, it won‘t lead to a life worth living. It might lead ti a life filled with all the things humans strive for, attained in intelligent ways, but the issue is that the best way to do something is usually not the moral way. So finding out what the underlying goal of actions are and then short cutting by finding a more effective way to reach the goal will result in social rejection. Take switzerland. They might have stayed „neutral“, and they (we, i actually happen to be swiss by coincidence) have achieved a lot of goals, like being very wealthy. Yet on a moral level, everyone knows that not taking a stand is asshole behavior, even or especially if it gives the neutral party benefits. The same is true for avoiding war by going to a psychiatric ward on terms of being schizophrenic. Ofc from an angle of self preservation and one‘s instinct for survival, this makes complete sense. But from an angle of loyalty and brotherhood, it will be social suicide, even if one does lot agree with the reason for the war at all. Thus one becomes a social outcast, only accepted anymore by others who put self preservation over brotherhood. And there is no loyalty or friendship, let alone love to be had amongst a group of people who put their own good first no matter what.

>> No.20315206

>>20315162
Thanks anon, I think we're close to being on the same page. But yes, what I'm looking for really is a system that analyses competition in the most general form, so that, as the future becomes more complicated and reliant on all kinds of 'open' propositions (russias Z symbol, which doesn't even require a meaning to be 'understood') I am able to make better decisions by simply using neutrality via complexity as a leverage.
I am anticipating that we are essentially living through a semantic division, where a double standard acts as the wedge between total primitive violence and depravity and technological complexity the likes which have never been seen before (ai)
I agree that this distancing can be seen as immoral - though this is also part of my point - when the world's morality is contingent on whoever can convince the most amount of people in the most critical timespan, when people 'know' that this is the case even if just because they are told, what is moral? In this system: simply consensus and context.
It sounds a lot like game theory, but game theory is too detached for my current purpose.
I'm thinking more like Girards scapegoating mechanism, or like Nietzsches ressentiment / master/slave dynamic as the psychological equivalent of the 'laws of motion' in physics. So, if those were held to be axiomatic (which I think both Girard and Nietzsche do), without any morality (which is the state of the world) then it would follow that one can win by simply being aware of the processes and, here's an actual example: turning the laws of physics themselves, not just into a scientific query, but into the 'enemy' which needs to be solved.
The two examples I offered in my other post were really to demonstrate real life examples of 'leverage through conceptual distance' and less as real world, implicative activities.

>> No.20315211

>>20315147
I quit drinking because it's too expensive, the hangovers and side effects got too worrisome. Although if I won the lottery, I'd probably make a weak attempt at a productive life and inevitably fail, and then drink myself to death.

>> No.20315216

>tfw the weekly mood drop has come early

>> No.20315220

>>20313333
yeah i feel like that all the tiem

>> No.20315227

>>20313249
glad to be back after some janny reported me for trying to reach out to a lonely anon, just being nice and a genuine friend to the guy who I was replying to because I felt bad.
>>20314398
I'm aware. desu its a good thing
>>20314485
man, I feel terrible. to think you could have had a daughter or a son you could be proud of. I hope things get better.

>> No.20315229

>can't assimilate with normies so take up one thing to focus on most life
>in the end fail at that too
thought it would carry me but nope and it's not like i'm the only one doing it here many others are much better than me at it
what's the point of continuing with life at this point

>> No.20315235

>>20315229
>too normie among weirdos and too weird among normies
story of my life

>> No.20315263

I miss my mom. I wish I could leave it at "This time of year sucks." Every time of year sucks. Thanksgiving, Christmas, Mother's Day, her birthday, my birthday. Every holiday just serves as a reminder that the person who was kindest to me and loved me the most is gone. I miss her so fucking much.

>> No.20315271

>>20315235
I was the extra weird kid in school, y'know the kid who even the nerds thought was a spastic. I spent most of my time at home playing outside with the family cat or playing video games and reading books on such subjects like welding and dog pedigrees

>> No.20315332

I think generally my opinion of men is lower than my opinion of women, it's just that I don't have to have anything to do with men.

>> No.20315363

I wish I could become a school idol like the cute anime girls on my pc screen

>> No.20315367

>>20315332
we're definitely opposites. I see women as mainly glorified vessels stripped of all humanity

>> No.20315371

>>20315363
why?

>> No.20315380

found this in an old folder, I guess it's about being a kid

It's a sportsgame dummy. Sports! Valor! Deeds!
Fast!
Power!
Wash it down and spit it back out! Coat your throat in orange and gargle!
Late nights, practicing your throw or your run or your stroke or whatever after sundown, burning red and black sky, burning after the sun has waned. Wiping your brow, looking with determination, looking into games to come, into thousands of games..
And this is The Game! Heave-ho! Crowd goes wild! You've made friends with a guy named Romero, and you pitter-patter between plays! On the other side is a guy you recognize from the bus sometimes! There's an understanding between you that through all this bloodshed there will be again the civility of sitting a few seets off, but knowing. Maybe even sharing a look. Talking would be too much.

>> No.20315398

>>20314855
>watching forever

>> No.20315455

>>20313249
thoughts?

>Until men are thought of as more than the sum of their parts, so to speak, we will continue to have problems. from a reading of Aristotle's "Logic", we can deduce that there always something that gives an object or a person or a beast its "refinement" or particular significance, going by that, if we have ten guys named "Tom" there's one particular quality that separates A Tom from THE Tom. Hence, every man should thought of in this way. We're not mindless sperm guns.

>> No.20315460

>the idea that I could be loved even if I'm not perfect strikes as some kind of alien sign in the sky
what did she do to me

>> No.20315462

>>20315455
sounds like a guy wrote this for a column in a magazine that feigns being about guns or something

>> No.20315466

>>20315455
You either have IT or you dont.

>> No.20315471

>>20315462
I could see that, though, its more about the philosophy behind it than what is being stated
>>20315466
I don't get it?

>> No.20315473

so lemme get this straight:
I don't get to ask women for help with my problems, but they get to demand help with theirs? that means that when I get a woman I about double my problems with no real relief added? I'm sure something can be better than this, that there's some asymmetry that could be in play, but the thing is my experience does uncannily fit y'alls's narrative here. It was heavy as shit. It had its points, but it was. She was, in some ways, dead-ish weight. What I can say is I think she could have made a good mom, and having a good woman look after my kids could be satisfaction enough. Sex ultimately doesn't come close to having to carry a whole nother person around.

>> No.20315476

>>20314379
yeah I took the asvab in highschool as an exercise and 2/3 of my class (most of us damn near retarded) got called aside to be offered leadership training which is their pre officer training for people with degrees. its not to bad anon. you got this.

>> No.20315478
File: 63 KB, 1000x1000, 1583162136857.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Quit kratom cold turkey like an idiot and spent two nights in a row awake with severely restless legs. Got drunk last night hoping it would knock me out, but instead I just tossed around, sobering up and feeling the hangover setting in. Two lessons learnt, but at what cost.

>> No.20315485

>>20315473
women are often useless when it comes to helping men with their issues
>>20315478
whats a kratom high like?

>> No.20315490

>>20315473
That‘s exactly my experience too. But with men. I think that as long as someone isn‘t taking full responsibility for themselves, their future, their habits, their emotions, etc, they will always be nothing but a burden to whoever they try to lead a relationship with. To me, this is what maturity means. To stop the excuses and the self pity and do what needs to be done without moaning about it 24/7. every relationship i ever had, it felt like being expected to babysit a huge baby once the reality of how incapable and immature they truly were was slowly revealed. And god knows i tried to „stay loyal“, „be patient“, „be supportive“ and hold their hand until they got trough the rough parts. The problem was they never got anywhere. They just sat in their pile of shit, demanding unconditional love, support and patience without moving a single inch into the right direction. In fact, most of the time they would instead just get into their pile of shit even deeper. Never have i felt so full of energy and stamina to work on my own maturity as when i am single.

>> No.20315492

>>20315485
>kratom high
Depends on color (white stimulated, red sedates) and dosage, but generally it's like baby opiate.

>> No.20315515

>>20315490
That's the issue, the current state of society won't let them move forward. Its a calculated move to make men obsolete

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women-are-wonderful_effect

>> No.20315516

>>20315492
Alright thanks

>> No.20315521

>>20315473
I wouldn't mind tolerating flaws and having to solve some additional bullshit, but I just can't deal with the whole package of manipulation, gaslighting, nagging, emotional abuse etc. And cheating eventually of course, that's been the case in all three of my relationships.

>> No.20315536

Thinking of offing myself

>> No.20315538

>>20315536
Whats the reason?

>> No.20315542

>>20315536
Don't. Continue out of spite.

>> No.20315555

>>20315263
This is my greatest fear. I'm sorry, anon

>> No.20315560

>>20315538
Can't find a job in 6 months and everyone I know is talking smack about me for always choosing the wrong decisions in life.

>> No.20315576

>>20315560
Change it to 6 years and thats me. Especially the
>everyone I know is talking smack about me for always choosing the wrong decisions in life.
Too bad Im a weak and cowardly person hence Im not able to just kill myself out of shame.

>> No.20315605
File: 68 KB, 892x892, 1650660956596.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20315478
I'm going travelling in a few days, so I'll have to go cold turkey too. It's certainly unpleasant, but the worst thing I've ever gone through were benzo withdrawals. I was taking around 8 xans and 24 vals a day when I ran out and had to cold turkey it, words can't describe the torture. I thought I was going to die so I called an ambulance but this was at the height of the first wave of covid in the uk before there were any covid tests, so they refused to fucking take me in case I was infected. I suspect I actually did die and now I'm trapped in the bad timeline

>> No.20315639
File: 1.93 MB, 1078x845, 1607130476513.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20315605
>cold turkey
Taper off if possible, even a 3 day gradual decrease will soften the withdrawals considerably. Obviously the worst case scenario is "just" crawling skin, anxiety/depression and insomnia, nothing like the benzo or booze nightmare, but it's a needless bother. I always taper off for tolerance breaks but this time I lost control and ate everything up like a fool.
>I suspect I actually did die and now I'm trapped in the bad timeline
Lmao, same here. 15 years ago I ran for a leaving train, tripped just before hopping in and my friends pulled me in the last millisecond. Everything went to shit since then, every day I'm more and more convinced I died there.

>> No.20315643

>>20314928
>>20315000
Thanks anons, I appreciate.

I wish you all the best in life.

>> No.20315652

>>20315490
very, very good to hear from the other side, I gotta tell you. very on point for my experiences as well.
>>20315515
>the current state of society won't let them move forward
this is exactly what she means. who the fuck is gonna stop you? get fucked

>> No.20315657

>takes personality test
>famous people of your type: Professor Moriarty, Mr. Burns, Vicious from Cowboy Bebop
Uh... okay

For the record, they listed a whole bunch of names of people that I would say are nothing like each other, so it's quite obvious the algorithm just pulls out random names each time.

>> No.20315670

>>20315657
INTJ?

>> No.20315674

>“Some such supporters have been motivated by a desire to suppress the size of the African American population,” Alito writes. “It is beyond dispute that Roe has had that demographic effect. A highly disproportionate percentage of aborted fetuses are black.”

white women take another L

>> No.20315678

>>20315674
a democrat is in power. why are they on abortion?

>> No.20315681

>>20315678
can't help but think it has to do with Ukraine/world domination in general

>> No.20315683

>>20315678
being anti-abortion is woke because as alito says it was used to suppress certain demographics, but really ww3 is about to start and the ruling class knows we need more dudes

>> No.20315685

>>20315683
>ww3 is about to start
Proof?

>> No.20315702

>>20315490
I wonder though: I'd guess many women grow tired of "men" ased on the adolescents they date in their teens. they're burnt out on the concept before they'd reach a reasonable mature age to try to homestead, and so they aren't really looking for men, in a way. Once they're old enough for men who have had time to be shaped by their mistakes, they already somewhat despise them by default, they've become embittered. This makes them less attractive to said men, and on it goes. I'm really curious about what solo women actually do to mature. I wonder how many just go through shitty asshole after shitty asshole hoping that will fix them, never considering looking at themselves. I don't know how men usually do here, but the thing is in some ways I don't really care. I'm trying to figure out what to think of you all. I suspect the bigger reason to be weary of women past 27 or so is that they have not learned from mistakes, they have only become bitter, and so the more innocent the better, because women can't handle/grow from the innocence lost.

This could all just be a whole stack of misguided biases, but I.. wonder.

>> No.20315703

>>20315685
it's actually already started, but these things usually take a year or two to fully ratchet up.

>> No.20315709
File: 1.48 MB, 2375x2271, 82876087(35406586)_バラの香り.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20315703
God, I wish. Prolonged peace only brings mental illness.

>> No.20315713

>>20315703
I really wonder if the russians actually fear NATO for a real invasion. I'd understand and in a way it would be fine morally if what they fear is a lack of influence. I just wonder if they fear the land-war.

>> No.20315728
File: 42 KB, 479x540, 88150423(6625313)_まとめ_6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

But who will fight who... NATO vs Russia? Don't make me laugh

>> No.20315729

>>20315728
your mom's pussy will fight my dick

>> No.20315731

>>20315702
>I'm really curious about what solo women actually do to mature. I wonder how many just go through shitty asshole after shitty asshole hoping that will fix them, never considering looking at themselves.
that's because introspection is a male-only activity. don't expect women ever to attempt it.

>> No.20315736

>>20315542
Lebe dein Leben Trotz Anderer

>> No.20315741

>>20315731
I too am versed in incel-theory, but we could have a live one here

>> No.20315746

>>20315652
take your meds
>>20315674
do you ever think that black women have an intrinsically anti-social nature about them that causes to them to kill unborn children?

>> No.20315758 [DELETED] 

>>20315746
idk but there was a lady who worked at the local dollar store who said she had ten kids. man she must have made a fortune on those biden tax credits, $600 per kid per month! and then ppl wonder why there's inflation.

>> No.20315760

>>20315746
you should tell God how you really feel about things desu senpai

>> No.20315767

>>20315741
incel philosophy has never actually been tried. we had one offs like Mainlander, Schopenhauer and the Marxist theorist Henry Flynt, but nothing resembling theories of metaphysics or epistemology or logic. that has yet to take off.

>> No.20315778

>>20315767
>but nothing resembling theories of metaphysics or epistemology or logic
So I see you haven't been introduced to Weininger's magnum opus yet.

>> No.20315781

>>20315758
its funny despite black women being considered the least attractive of any demographic, they still manage to reproduce somehow
>20315760
I'm not justifying that with a response. here's your (you)

>> No.20315784

>>20315778
oh no, I know Otto quite well, I just forgot to mention him. but he only put out one book, if that, and not much else.

>> No.20315786

>>20315784
One book was all that was needed. It is very thick. It's like saying Marx's Capital is "just one book."

>> No.20315804

>>20314637
Care to extrapolate?

>> No.20315808

>>20315786
marx's capital is three books tho

>> No.20315830
File: 1.62 MB, 3092x2844, 95557502(66249790)_Yui's Despair.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I miss /qa/

>> No.20315880

>>20315515
That‘s true to some extend, but there‘s always some small step one can make. Even if it‘s as minor as not drinking soda with your lunch. Nobody is in control of what you put in your mouth other than you, yet i am still to find a single man who doesn‘t eat like an overgrown toddler who‘s been released into a world choke full of sugar, salt and fat with his own money to spend as he wishes. To be fair, i know only very few girls who are more responsible with their eating habits but that‘s usually just because they have an eating disorder, not because they actually want to take good care of their body and behave responsible for their future health. Sure, you might say that advertising, food availability and engineering are all geared towards getting people to est more junk food and you‘d be right. But that‘s the point. Maturity is to not fall for that shit even if it is extremely tempting because you value your long term goals (living a healthy life for a long time) over short term pleasure (but it tastes so good bro). I get that one can become hopeless and just give up given the current state the world is in. But if you know anything about history then you know that the world has always and will always be in „the current state“. Each generation thinks it‘s been doomed and nobody ever had it as bad as they did. Those who succumb to the angst of their time are those who get filtered out of the gene pool because lacking hope in hard situations is not something natural selection will ever favor. It‘s those who say „fuck this shit i‘m going to try even harder the more you fuckers try to keep me down“ that will pass on their legacy. That‘s how humans evolve. They generate hard times always so that only the best will create the next generation. Ofc this system isn‘t perfect, as there will always be do-no-goods who shit out 7 kids. But it would be perfect if nobody would interfere with creating even more dependency and stringing along genetic dead ends with welfare. Tl;dr get your shit together and stop whining about the current state of the world if you do not want to be left behind.

>> No.20315908

>>20315880
I've tried for three months. Nothing happened. As far as I'm concerned, weight loss is a meme and nothing can convince me otherwise

>> No.20315913

And thanks, life coach, I'm about to be 40. Have fun.

>> No.20315919

>>20315702
In my experience, i burned out much more by the one long term relationship i had after the age of 20. in my teen years, i had two relationships that were ofc immature and short lived (a bit more than a year). But i did expect that. I didn‘t expect those men/boys to be mature and capable. But i did expect it from an adult man, so realizing that men past the age of 30 aren‘t more mature than they were as teenagers was what really made me recoil in horror. And i‘m not just speaking from my own experience but also the observations i‘ve made in the relationships around me. Not to say the women are better. They aren‘t. It just seems like people gather together to pull each other under and to dissolve in hedonistic orgasm after orgasm. It‘s disgusting to watch how they just get fatter, lazier and dumber once they get into a relationship, no matter if they are male or female. As if they merge their pleasure seeking tendencies to create two monsters instead of helping each other overcome the temptations and emerge as better versions of themselves.
I‘d say that immature men and women both fantasize about the one who comes along to solve all their issues. Maybe just in different ways. A man might hope that he‘ll find a woman who will just accept im as the unrefined blob he is and call it unconditional love. A woman might fantasize about a man who‘ll swoop her off her feet and carry her to his castle where she‘ll have nothing else to do than look pretty (or even better, not even be demanded to do that) for the rest of her time. Those are both insanely immature fantasies as they just want a short cut to companionship, feeling desired and loved without having to put in the effort.
I don‘t know how other women try to work on their maturity. In fact, i‘m not sure they do. But i‘m also not sure if men do. I‘m yet to encounter someone irl who is serious about working on him or herself. Sure, they might occasionally go on a diet or to the gym, read a self help book or go to therapy, but it seems like it‘s always going nowhere as soon as it starts to demand introspection, self discipline and inconvenience in any form. I‘m not saying i‘m so much better. I‘m weak too. I hope that at least being self aware enough to realize right away when i‘m trying to get away with immaturity again will eventually lead to the development of some level of maturity. I can tell you how it went in 70 years from now.

>> No.20315926

>>20315908
You need to go deeper. Weight loss is easy af. Keeping it off is harder. You can either use self discipline and just eat less calories than you burn or you get familiar with the concept of low calorie density if you can‘t stand to have an empty stomach. Exercise is great but it won‘t do much for weightloss, so if you need to lose a lot of weight, focus more on what you stuff your mouth with than how many minutes you went for a jog. My best results come from fasting (which i do anyways for dopamine resetting, but it also comes with nice weight loss if necessary) and cutting out all processed food including all oil. Watch this if you want to know more.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xAdqLB6bTuQ&t=1s
And never give up. Where there‘s a will, there‘s a way. For sustainable weight loss, you need to become a master at self observation. You need to know in which situations you tend to fuck up then avoid those situations or get tougher to not give into the temptation. The solution will be to be straight edge with your diet 100% of the time. Moderation breeds mediocrity.

>> No.20315932

>>20315919
much appreciated. I think this is part of what religion used to provide, both the other goal apart from hedonism, as well as the means for a life of striving for that goal. You both have a method, which is what you should and shouldn't do and how you should and shouldn't worship, but you also have grace, a place to rest that no one can take from you. Belief in an afterlife should also make a YOLO/gotta get mine attitude difficult. Idk, that's what I think and that's how I'm making the attempt. What I've also really found is that real introspection becomes easier if you trust that God loves you either way.

>> No.20315960

>>20315932
Yes absolutely. I do think that humans need both, the save haven where they can lay down their burden and be weak if they can not go out and be strong a moment longer but also someone to support them in becoming their best self and who offers a guide post as to what that could or would look like. Religion did a good job of that in the past. A shame organized religion has become so cancerous that it‘s not worth trying to get into it. I tried and i had to stop because it became unbearable. The deceitful nature of it was too much for me. It just felt like it was not more than a virtue signaling front. It‘s a shame since the concept of religion holds the possibility to be of real worth. It‘s just people who ruin it every time with their immature and selfish falseness.
I‘ve come to the point where i just make up my own religion from what feels important and right to me. But that‘s a lonely endeavor because it lacks the community of, well, having a community that has the same faith. But in the end, grace and heavenly love do not need a church one attends. It would just make life easier to have others who are on the same path and are on it sincerely and not for brownie points.

>> No.20315964

so much of male "introspection" just seems to boil down to owning a copy of a critique of pure reason and acting important. it's a masturbatory larp, just a last-ditch courting strategy. maybe reading schopenhauer will help me think about how I think where the pain and problems go away. no? ok. what if I post threads about him tho?

>> No.20315984

>>20315960
I've found you can split religious people into three, roughly:
1. actual saints
2. regular people
3. loud people

1 and 2 are wonderful in every way, but the discourse tends to be dominated completely by loud people. Sometimes I've thought of it as a kind of a "reign-of-the-midwits". They're the people who have to reinterpret everything all the time, and who have to tell others, to try to dominate the narrative. Many, many preachers fall into this group. I think Jesus said of them that they like to walk in nice robes and have people greet them with "Rabbi!" Makes em feel important.

I'm actually a muslim though. It is a teaching from the Prophet that toward the end there will come a time when the adviceable thing to do is "take your religion and flee into the mountains". Famously the best possible property to own will be a flock of goats, because if you have a flock of goats you can be self sustaining on a mountain. The point being: it is expected for everything to go crazy. I have heard a real shaykh- a real scholar/master- say that it would be fine to think of our time now as that time.

It's somewhat of a meme actually in Islam that the best understanding of the religion is what you get from pious old ladies, not theologians. God knows best.

>> No.20315987

>>20315960
Come to think of it, those male and female immature fantasies about relationships are basically replacements for religion. Iow, there‘s no sky daddy who will come and get me and bring me to his kingdom in heaven where there is no more suffering, i‘ll just demand that a man of flesh and blood provides this for me instead. If there is no heavenly grace and unconditional love for me, a sinner in desperate need of redemption, i‘m just going to demand that a woman loves me that way, no expectations attached. Guess that‘s what we get for having become atheists.

>> No.20315992

>>20315987
this is more or less why I post. I'm going through a bunch of old things from my life, and I have definitely had a woman look upon me as her god in a way that was not beneficial. I'm trying to adjust appropriately to the experience.

>> No.20316017

>>20315984
>take your religion and flee into the mountains
That seems like good advice.
I do think you‘re right about the division of religious people. But how does one go about finding one‘s people who offer actual wisdom and guidance? And isn‘t that in itself a form of weakness? To want to depend on others to show you the way or hold your hand along it? Or is that human nature to seek companionship and we truly can not do it on our own? I‘m never sure. If i decide to try to do it on my own then i fear i‘m falling into the trap of contempt. If i reach out for guidance or companionship, i end up with people on my hand who drag me down instead of lifting me up.
I‘m also curious, how can you hold true to your religion, given the atrocities that have been done in it‘s name? And for me that applies to all world religions. They have been abused and twisted so often that i can not truly want to belong to either of them and carry on that legacy. D you feel like you can separate your religious believes from the organized religion attached to it or do you on the other hand find that the things that have been done in it‘s name are righteous and not to be condemned?

>> No.20316025

>>20315992
What do you think would be the most appropriate form to adjust to that experience?
I‘ve definitely also been on the end of a man glorifying me as some otherworldly source of unconditional love. Which i am capable of. I can love a soul unconditionally. But i can not have a relationship that has no conditions. I also think that that wouldn‘t be healthy. Every relationship has conditions/boundaries. For example, one should have the boundary that if one‘s partner sexually abuses a child, the relationship is cancelled. I‘m just using that example because most people would probably agree on me about that. The issue being that most people think their relationship is unconditional but it absolutely isn‘t. It‘s just that both adhere, at least on the surface, to the unspoken rules, like being faithful, not spitting into one other‘s food or whatever idiotic things people could come up with to do. Then people think trying polygamy is the height of unconditional love but they would end the relationship if the husband had an affair with the sister. It just seems dangerous to demand unconditional love from a human being.

>> No.20316040

>>20315987
I dunno I kind of look for both

>> No.20316048

>>20316040
We all probably do to some degree. And it‘s also not false to want that. It‘s only problematic when we demand it, when we expect a human being to be able to give us that or when we want it all the time. Both of those fantasies are valid for short term relief from one‘s worldly struggles but humans have a tendency to want them to be the solution for all their issues instead.

>> No.20316066

>>20315670
Yes, how did you know?

>> No.20316074

>>20314237
Catholic here. I'll say a prayer but probably not the type requested.

>> No.20316094

>>20314569
> I don’t care about abortion. I don’t understand why my people care so much about abortion.

May you should expend some energy trying to figure out why "your people" care so much about this issue.

>> No.20316095
File: 478 KB, 2560x2465, 816yv4lZs-L.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The Cherry Publishing collection of Lupin books arrived in the mail, and it looks great on the shelf. Despite the bubble protection, the post seemed to have handled it with such care that one corner of the bottom part of the case has a dent and the whole bottom ended up ripped on the sides and was open, but nothing that a bit of sticky tape can't fix. Unfortunately, the issue with books being rather a trouble to pull out will remain unsolved.
The books themselves are great, love the covers.

>> No.20316105

>>20316066
I recognized the characters that they show after doing the test

>> No.20316108

>>20315033
> The only things which matter are
>1. Preventing a communist takeover of the USA
Does that sound leftist you idiot

>> No.20316109

>>20313467

This is unironically true. Mass culture, interracialism, a destruction of class barriers, extreme promiscuity, the power of women in society, the new tolerance for ugliness, death, and contamination. It is all closely interrelated. Read Lovecraft

>> No.20316118

>>20316109
0 pussy take

>> No.20316122

>>20313467
Dangerously based. It struck me hard when i realized that my struggles all stem from my parents having come from a lineage of people more leaning towards hedonism and thus keeping our family squarely in the low middle class, scraping on white trash. It is infinitely easier to remain pure if you are born into purity than it is to become pure when you were born into filth. I wonder if it is even possible to fully transcend one‘s legacy.

>> No.20316126

>>20313762
You'll hate your work and suffer from an existential crisis as a result of the white collar life.

>> No.20316135

>>20315926
Yeah that's not gonna happen. I have little control over what food gets brought here

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supported_living

>> No.20316154

>>20316135
But you have full control over what foods enter your mouth. Just go on hunger strike until you figured out a way to get the food you need.

>> No.20316159

>>20314974
Based post. Loved the power ranger reference as especially.

>> No.20316181

>>20315731
> knows the true, shallow nature of women

Have you ever considered that:

a) you don't know how to interact with women, and hence see them as incapable of depth or introspection when in reality it is the fault of your poor social skills

OR

b) you are choosing to interact with the wrong type of women in which case your negative view of 50% of the population is due to your own crappy judge of character.

Maybe try some quiet introspection in regards to the way your mommy issues and the lack of positive female figures in your life has caused you to arrive at such fucking shitty opinions.

>> No.20316196

>>20314903
I did the same, and the regret never fully leaves. But you have to do what's best for you, obviously

>> No.20316197

>>20315380
Man you just reminded me about how I surprised myself a few years ago. I was going through my old papers and I found an old notebook. It had a bunch of poetry and random musings and short stories. It was pretty funny but I wondered who wrote it and how the fuck I got a hold of it. Then as I kept reading it slowly dawned on me that I had written it and it blew my mind what a completely different person I was back in the day.

>> No.20316201

I often only read a books index and last chapter to grasp if it‘s worth my time. I used to do the same when i was a teenager and heavily into reading fiction. I would look at a books first and last sentence and if i got me curious how it went from one to the other, i would read it. Otherwise, into the trash it goes.

>> No.20316209

A few weeks ago my mom suggested I talk to my therapist about trying online dating. I'm hoping my brother marries his girlfriend and has kids because my mom is desperate for grandkids. I can't be a husband, let alone a father. I'd be as bad, if not worse, than my own father. I just think some people are destined to be alone.

>> No.20316210

Due to poor planning and bad luck I'm sat here sleep deprived and hungry, I can't remember the last time I was hungry, the last time I was this tired. I can continue to be tired and hungry simply because I can choose to; Allowing the problem to exist or enduring it. Some people don't care about hunger, some seem unaffected by tiredness and some can continue to function normally whilst in pain - how? a sort of mental immune system, they've exposed themselves to it before and have become desensitized to it, their mind has become immune to it - much like how when most athletes reach failure they can be given a placebo then continue on, because their failure was in the mind, they weren't completely devoid of glycogen or depleted of ATP, The mind convinces us the suffering of the body is much greater than it actually is - What I seek is innoculation to all things that may hold me back.

>> No.20316229

As a woman saving myself for marriage, I hate that men are all so afraid of being a virgin and I hate that its an insult. I sure as fuck don't want some disease ridden man-whore to be the father of my children. Him being a virgin is a non-negotiable for me.

>> No.20316232

>>20316210
>innoculation
The inoculation of the mind happens much like it happens physically. Expose yourself to low doses of what it is you want to become immune from over long time to build up tolerance. Just yesterday it occurred to me why most people who amount to anything in life are those who had a rough upbringing. Nietzsche was right that what doesn‘t kill you makes you stronger. We‘ve become too preoccupied with trying to stop every and any inconvenience as fast as possible. We‘ve become weaklings.
If i were you, i‘d try to get some sleep but fast. Sleeping is important, eating is not.

>> No.20316238

>>20316209
Better start practicing on how to be indifferent to her requests, cause my brother got married and gave our mother two granddaughters, yet it didn't stop her nagging about getting some from me.

>> No.20316242

>>20316229
Based. Reminds me of the kreutzer sonata. The kind of debauchery that most people find moral and justifiable is atrocious.

>> No.20316257

>>20316229
Im a 30 year old virgin guy. I honestly dont mind saying it to other people.

>> No.20316271

>>20316229
But you're aware that most women don't share this perspective, right? I've seen countless women laughing and insulting sexually inexperienced men, even upper class church girls did it when I socialized with them.

>> No.20316274

>>20316257
The question is, how pure has your brain and heart remained? How much porn have you consumed over the years? That counts just as much for filth accumulation i do not want in my life. Nta though.

>> No.20316277

>>20316271
There‘s a difference between not being able to get any and to be abstinent because you know it is the right thing to do. One will get ridiculed, the other might not be understood by the unworthy but why would you care about their ignorance?

>> No.20316292

>>20316277
>but why would you care about their ignorance?
I don't, not a teenager anymore.

>> No.20316326

>>20316274
pure heart beneath all the filth of brain.

>> No.20316331

>>20316326
That‘s something at least. And i guess i could forgive someone for having fallen for the traps when they did not know any better. What counts is if someone has learned from their mistakes and is genuinely attempting to abstain from filth.

>> No.20316338

>>20316017
Sunni Islam presently is very, very broadly divided into three: the old tradition, the Muslim Brotherhood and wahabism. The old tradition is dying afaik, because traditional scholarship is dying out fast. Islam has been built on an extremely deep tradition of scholarship, but this is prophecied to end as the scholars themselves die off without being replaced. That appears to be now. They would be who you would go to if you wanted to learn in a proper environment. There are enclaves still, but even their fundaments are under attack, mainly from wahabis who say that everything is innovation and heresy, even the religion that has been practiced for at least 1000 years. The Brotherhood and the wahabis are both modernists in the sense that they, at least to an extent (although the Brotherhood less so afaik) reject the old tradition. They are more or less openly at war with one another, but the war is mostly fought with words, at least as far as it would concern me. The Brotherhood are probably vastly superior at warfare, the wahabis at propaganda. But warfare is mostly off the table (these sides did face eachother in Syria) since most all countries are some form of western vassal or another. The problem with finding a group to study with, or even with congregational life to an extent, is that I think I could end up falling into one of these two camps unwittingly, and not only do I not want to, I'm 99,99% that the Prophet has instructed me to avoid this kind of conflict, and that the thing to do at a time like this is just keep your head down. I do worry that I will become a heretic unless I study in a group setting. Traditionally you always study in a group, we are Very focused on human chains of transmission of knowledge, which are to guarantee that the information passed on is received correctly. As is, I'm trying to work through personal problems on my own. I've had a very, very troubled life and I feel I need the time to myself before I can really dive into a group. But I aim to in the fall at the latest. There is a group of more old-school tradition pretty close to me that I could join. It happens that I've met their leader, who is a semi-public figure here, and he isn't nice. But they could be an option.

As for needing a group.. islamically the answer is simply this transmission I think. Or rather, that is answer enough. For what a human needs and benefits from.... I really don't know. I am very much a chronic loner. I really don't know. I think I could very much like to have good companionship, and I can enjoy good company, and it is good to have an additional set of eyes looking at a problem. You can very rapidly go astray alone, when no one questions your assumptions or even looks them over. You can miss the slightest detail, and it can multiply through your interpretations.

I'll just respond long.

>> No.20316346

>>20316238
This nigga knows. My mom kept nagging me about kids even after my lil bro gave her two grandsons that she loves. But once my girl gave birth to our daughter I became the golden child again since my mom always wanted to have a girl.

>> No.20316352

>>20316331
I think I'm punish my heart but doing all the vices. It would be much easier to be some self-indulgent narcissistic person than a naive fool.

>> No.20316361

>>20316338
Have you ever thought of becoming a kadi? Is that an option where you're at.

>> No.20316362

I am one month away from graduating from college and I have slowly grown repulsed with learning. This all feels like it was a waste of time and I have lost all the enthusiasm that brought me here. Am I just burnt out or is this something deeper?

>> No.20316374

>>20316362
Sounds like you're just burnt out. It happens to most people. I was always confused when I saw people jump straight into post graduate after graduating. Like really, you're going to waste most of your life in a fucking school. It's dreadful.

>> No.20316379

>>20316017
as for historical violence and modern violence and all: I don't think about it much any more. It bothered me a lot a while ago. There was no real warfare with anyone outside arabia in the time of the Prophet, so you could say that this kind of war is not part of his example, but... honestly, the thing is: the amount of relevant evidence, and given that it is certainly some of his closest disciples that invade Rome and Persia: this is beyond me, legally speaking. My view is that we have very sound ethics pertaining to war, recognizing war as a human reality. God says in the Qur'an that if no one took up arms, then churches, synagogues and mosques would all be torn down (yes, all three are mentioned). I think a lot of westerners end up comparing us to Buddhism and saying all buddhists are peaceful, why can't we just have peace all the time. But the time and setting of Islam and Buddhism are so radically different. I think the statement of protecting houses worship is literal but also metaphor, in that *in our time and place*, for there to be a living method of real spirituality, someone has to defend it. I think this is part of what it means for us to be the "last religion" as we believe. We are the religion for the time when everything is mad. In that time, someone has to stand for something. It should be pointed out though that business as usual in sunni Islam died with the Ottoman empire, or even earlier. The legal question is really Extremely nuanced, and I'm not sure at all that there exists much consensus. Meanwhile I think things like the US dept of state are working hard every day to manipulate our understanding of our time and place.

But, simply put: I think it is normal and acceptable that we can partake in war in the name of the religion. As for what should happen now: I don't think anyone knows. But none of this bothers me much anymore. I recommend very strongly this article if you want to know more, although it is pretty long:

https://yaqeeninstitute.org/read/paper/abrogated-rulings-in-the-quran-discerning-their-divine-wisdom

Usually when people want to go ultra-violence with the religion, they justify this by a misuse of the concept of "abrogation" in the Qur'an. This article answers all concerns pertaining to this, and as far as I am concerned: all questions pertaining to our relationship to violence.

I want to say honestly: it is common to bless the Prophet, to speak a blessing over him, and the best blessing (according to himself) is to bless him, his "ahl" (~people), Abraham, Abrahams ahl; and then to praise god. "Ahl" is used variously. Technically it means his people, I think. When I bless his ahl, sometimes I think of the martyrs. Many men gave their lives so that I can have this religion now, to protect houses of God from the onslaught of the times. I feel a great, personal gratitude to them.

>> No.20316384

test

>> No.20316394

>>20316338
>it is good to have an additional set of eyes looking at a problem. You can very rapidly go astray alone, when no one questions your assumptions or even looks them over. You can miss the slightest detail, and it can multiply through your interpretations.

I feel the same. It seems that i‘ve been so blind in the past that my trust in my own ability to see when i‘m wrong before it does damage is not too big because of my false judgement before.

> not only do I not want to, I'm 99,99% that the Prophet has instructed me to avoid this kind of conflict
That seems very wise instructions. I don‘t think that questions of religion should be fought out with violence. The notion that there is one religion and everyone else is wrong and thus inferior and must be either converted or killed seems so far removed from the core of the teachings of every world religion. I don‘t think true pursuit of purity can be reached by demanding or forcing it. One can only achieve the kind of superficial front that a lot of religious people put on which in m opinion is not worth much.

Maybe that group near you is worth giving a try even if you can‘t sympathize with the leader, you might find likeminded people amongst the attendants.

>> No.20316401

>>20316025
>What do you think would be the most appropriate form to adjust to that experience?
this is a pressing issue in my life. I also think I could have provided this if it was reciprocal. I may even have wanted to continue. I'm very fond of this person, to this day. We were very young, and I was not able to communicate what I needed. I worry now, given most of the people I brainstorm with are the incels and/or alcoholics in this thread, that communication was not possible, because a woman would react poorly to weakness.

I can say I believe in islamic mores pertaining to this very much. I am a convert, so I haven't tried, my experience was with something else. I also recognize that our ideal of chastity may be hard to achieve in this time and place (it's possible it is even my responsibility to leave my country if I have a family, just to protect them. not sure.) But... much of my understanding is romanticized, and really only fantasies.

Personally I think much of my problem is that I've been trained in family to believe that I'm supposed to take care of people. I think I've taken care of all of them, emotionally almost certainly more than they have me, even though I'm youngest. They're a mess, each and every one of them, my parents most of all. I think this is how I became what I became to her, to an extent, that I was so very good at loving her. I don't think she even considered, really, that I could Really need her in a similar way. As I said, very young. And I think I let her live in this bubble, because I didn't understand it either. This is what I thought love was. That's most of what I've got so far.

>> No.20316425

>>20316379
>*in our time and place*, for there to be a living method of real spirituality, someone has to defend it
to add to this, the Prophet has said that the best form of jihad is a word of truth spoken to a tyrant. It doesn't have to be violence for it to be good and sound and righteous and recognized as such struggle. Which is what "jihad" means: struggle.

>> No.20316463

>>20316401
addition: I know her father is a bad man. I don't know how bad exactly, but definitely bad. I suspect a big part of this story is that she never learned to empathize with him, which no one could blame her for, and she has no brothers.

>> No.20316469

>>20316361
in the very, very long term, maybe. but I think I should go more day-to-day. If I learn more: good. If not: not good, but not everyone can be a scholar. I'm sure I'll end up where I'm supposed to be.

>> No.20316470

Is Sigma Male the first post-ironic meme of the 2020s?

>> No.20316481
File: 1.44 MB, 1284x1267, 1646260224372.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20313249
I hate women but think about tits all the time. Help.

>> No.20316486

Mind moves matter

>> No.20316491

>>20316481
Go gay, some men have big tits too.

>> No.20316500

>>20316491
God I wish, some men are actually tolerable (like the posters here), but I like whorish tits and fat asses to much.

>> No.20316503

>>20316481
Get over yourself.
Some women are like some men and worthy of a little shade, but even thinking about hate for anyone or anything is a waste. What about yourself? I’m sure you’re as hateful to others as you think they are. Knock it off. Learn to love better and wiser

>> No.20316508

>>20316503
>you’re as hateful to others as you think they are
I'm the most hateful person I know ngl

>> No.20316519

>>20316401
>communication was not possible, because a woman would react poorly to weakness.
From the perspective of the other side, i don‘t think a woman worth your time would see weakness as a deal breaker, unless you show no interest in overcoming said weakness. But the same should be true for either side. Being vulnerable with one‘s partner is scary as hell no matter if you‘re male or female. Because the chances are high that they will be repulsed by your authentic struggles or that they will shame you. Shame mustn‘t be a negative thing to be avoided though, because the fact it was hard to be truthful already shows that one was aware that this weakness is something that‘s not good. It‘s just a matter of sharing it with the one person who should be your strongest ally. I also think that we have no concept of this; thus it seems almost unsurmountable. In our experience, when we show weakness, we are judged, condemned, shamed, ridiculed, rejected, abandoned or, maybe even worse, validated and dragged down further. For example, if you had to confess to your gf that you had been weak and consumed porn, she could wither freak out, call you a pervert and storm out. She could say „oh well, i do that too“, or she could say „i see. Thank you for being honest. What can we do together to help you stay true to your own values so you can take pride in yourself and not have to life with dark secrets?“. I think that third option is not common but it should be. It‘s a balance between not dropping someone for being weak but also not give fuel to their weakness.

> I also recognize that our ideal of chastity may be hard to achieve in this time and place (it's possible it is even my responsibility to leave my country if I have a family, just to protect them. not sure.)
Yes, unfortunately that‘s right. I might be bias but i di think that one‘s current standing on the matter is more important than one‘s past mistakes. Simply because it is almost impossible to not get into filth from an early age if you‘re surrounded by it and it‘s encouraged from every side whilst nobody tells young people the importance of good values. Yet people can mature and realize the flaws in their upbringing and resulting misguided decisions. This to me is worth more than blindly following rules. For example, a girl that is a virgin at her wedding night because she would have been stoned to death if she wasn‘t might not be your best choice to be the mother of your children because she might only teach them how to avoid getting caught (it‘s mot for nothing that in islamic countries, the surgical restoration of the hymen is one of the most asked for procedure…). On the other hand, marrying a girl who came to the conclusion that chastity is an important value and why that is might be a better partner to raise your kids as she will actually have an interest in instilling those values and not go behind anyone‘s back about it.

>> No.20316540

>>20316401
>I think I've taken care of all of them
It sounds like it, yes. And i do think that that‘s the result of growing up in a messed up family where the parents aren‘t mature. I‘ve experienced a very similar upbringing and it does have a huge impact on one. Namely that one becomes too good at and too used to taking care of people who do not take responsibility for themselves. This will only attract immature people who are unconsciously draw to those who will take responsibility for them too. Even worse, i think that people can fit together like a puzzle. Where one is immature, the other can take responsibility and vice versa. That would be an ideal scenario if they would then use those skills to help each other become mature in the ways they themselves already are capable of responsible behavior. Unfortunately, it usually rather leads to both dropping the ball and becoming even more irresponsible. Or one dropping the ball completely and the other burning out trying to drag them up again.

>> No.20316567

>>20316271
I am aware I'm an outlier. But do self respecting guys want to settle down with women who think this way?

>> No.20316572

>>20316519
>From the perspective of the other side, i don‘t think a woman worth your time would see weakness as a deal breaker, unless you show no interest in overcoming said weakness.
that's pretty nice to hear to be honest.
I think one part of the reason why it should be naturally shameful is that you're really asking a lot of the other. It shouldn't be done thoughtlessly. But surely it has to be the goal to be with someone who is your partner and ally first and foremost, in anything. Some kind of balance.
>I might be bias but i di think that one‘s current standing on the matter is more important than one‘s past mistakes.
I've come to the conclusion that if there are any long-term effects of this kind of sin, that this is the kind of thing that a religious life frees a person from. I don't know what the effects are, but I think someone sincerely asking God can be freed from them entirely in this life. If anything I think learning about oneself and ones sin/ones nature in this way can be a great asset. "Tazkiya" in arabic: purification.

A big part of traditional marriage, at least in Islam, is that the woman would move in with her husbands family. Even if you marry as virgins at 14 or something, you can rely on the rest of his family. Idk, I figure one has to be understanding and just pray for advice and go along. I would at least keep the Qur'anic rule that I can not marry an atheist.

>> No.20316578

>>20316540
>This will only attract immature people who are unconsciously draw to those who will take responsibility for them too.
for sure.

>> No.20316580

>>20313331
Literally why/how we had our second kid

>> No.20316587

>>20316567
Most guys have to resort to lying about not being virgin.

>> No.20316592

>>20316540
have you heard nature boy? I think it's very insightful what he has to say. There are really two problems.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq0XJCJ1Srw

>> No.20316601

>>20316572
>you're really asking a lot of the other
Are you though? Is it really a good person to spend your life with if they can‘t even support you in your quest to get closer to your goals and stick to your virtues? I‘m aware that it might be rare but i genuinely do not believe it is asking too much. I‘d rather die alone than make compromises in that area ever again.

>this is the kind of thing that a religious life frees a person from
It can but it can unfortunately also be a gate way to become deceiteful.
It‘s true that the community of being in a family where everyone has the same values makes things a lot easier. In western societies, this is probably impossible today. Which to me doesn‘t mean that all hope is lost, it just would have to be changed to the hope of finding someone who found enough maturity to arrive at the right conclusions even if they weren‘t fortunate enough to be brought up right.

>i can not marry an atheist
Yeah that sounds like a good point to not make compromises about

>> No.20316612

>>20316592
I haven‘t. But i guess most people would simply ignore that there‘s two sides to it. Either they can only love or they can only be loved but that‘s never real love to begin with. That‘s pathological.

>> No.20316615

>>20316601
>Are you though?
all I know is it got heavy for me, but I guess it wasn't really until I had other very large problems of my own. It's a long story, really. It won't make sense without details, and I don't really want to do it.

>> No.20316621

>>20316612
well, anyway, this is my discord ____:^) if you want to talk pokémon or something

>> No.20316641

>>20316615
>>20316621
>don't really want to do it
Maybe you can go into more detail in a more private talk one day.

>> No.20316657

>>20316481
Demonic Powers and Principalities are tempting your soul. Give not, to the succubi of this digital age. Remain chaste and pure.

>> No.20316671

>>20316108
yes you're just a liberal lefty

>> No.20316678

>>20316572
>Muslim
I read that Prophet Muhammad predicted that in the end times the Arabs would build towers. Is this true? If so why are the Gulf Arabs building giant skyscrapers, are they trying to bring about the end times?

>> No.20316699

>>20315709
t. Mentally ill animu poster.

>> No.20316700

>>20316678
it is true, and we also don't know why they do this. Well, I'm not sure the arabs are named as such, but for sure. The Prophet has said that what he fears most for his community is that we become wealthy. The towers seem to be a consequence of some kind of ostentation.

>> No.20316753

>>20316641
I'm in the middle of it in a way, and I feel I can't talk about it and I can't not talk about it, so I just haven't been talking at all for a while now. I think I'd want to stew on it where I am, and I don't think I'd make good company. I've literally derailed my entire life just to work on old emotional problems with God, and I think it's going very well, but I don't think I have it in me to really meet another person for a while.

How'd you end up on 4chan btw? I was shown it by my sister when I was 13 or so, making me likely to be the oldest oldfag. In all this time I have certainly never fit in, but I enjoy it kind of like you would a zoo. A zoo where you Can throw popcorn at the animals.

>> No.20316755

>>20316506
Leftists do want good for the people. That’s their defining characteristic. You still caught up in the whole liberal narrative? Or do you unironically think fascism is good for the populace?
>>20316517
What people? For foreigners maybe.
Marxism has always been a tool to pull away the masses from nationalism and infiltrate groups
>>20316595
>MUH BORDERS AR MELTIN!

Haha. The latter it is. Silly Fashies

>> No.20316769

>>20316700
gay marriage is literally among the signs of the end btw, as are women in the workforce and women being happy with never having kids. and tons of people being suicidal.

>> No.20316773

>>20316769
Take the whole bottle, schizo

>> No.20316777

>>20316753
>I'm in the middle of it in a way, and I feel I can't talk about it and I can't not talk about it, so I just haven't been talking at all for a while now. I think I'd want to stew on it where I am, and I don't think I'd make good company. I've literally derailed my entire life just to work on old emotional problems with God, and I think it's going very well, but I don't think I have it in me to really meet another person for a while.
I‘m in essentially the same situation. I‘ve considered downloading discord to add you but i‘m hesitant because i probably wouldn‘t be good company either and i worry that i could get back to my habit of being online too much to compensate for my non-existent social life. Yet i‘m tempted. You sound like someone who could understand what i‘m trying to do and it‘s rare to find that.

>How'd you end up on 4chan btw?
I came here around 10 years ago. I just never felt like talking to people irl. I tried therapy but it was a farce. So i guess i used this outlet to bring form to my thoughts when i stumbled across an anon who would be interested in an actual conversation. Plus it‘s been a good way to get cheap entertainment, yeah. I try to not abuse it for that anymore though but sometimes i slip.

>> No.20316805

>>20316777
I'm not even 100% sure what discord is, that's how old of a fag I am. it was meant as a kind of joke, I considered being crude about what would go on but decided for pokémon instead.

here's a protonmail.
.0 strings attached.
youreprobablyspanish@protonmail.com

I look forward to being catfished. Also I really don't need more dolphin porn desu.
you're probably spanish what with the upside-down " and it's the only name I could think of.

>> No.20316806

>>20313249
Is your first and last name Semitic or Indo European? If it's Semitic, then you're not white.

For me it's IE/IE. Get fucked, Johns and Davids.

>> No.20316810

>>20315678
Because it just hit the supreme court.

>> No.20316816

>>20316805
>don't need more dolphin porn desu
Ah damn it my whole collection - gone to waste

>> No.20316819

>>20315685
The Ukraine war is quickly turning into a Balkans war. Moldova, Romania, and Serbia are all getting involved now. China is supplying the Serbs to retake Kosovo and Russia is going to liberate a breakaway republic from Moldova. Violence has already begun in each area mentioned, except China.

>> No.20316821

>>20316816
in this matter I view us more as librarians, archivists if you will.

>> No.20316822

>>20316374
Yeah, I either want a sabbatical to focus on myself or to just get a job, even if it's something unrelated to my major. I'm just so sick of turning in papers and studying, I need a break from this.
> you're going to waste most of your life in a fucking school. It's dreadful.
Precisely, this shit fills me with anxiety. And unfortunately I'm studying something that is heavily oriented towards academia, and I'm already sick of it all. I'm considering getting into some kind of formative program to learn a profession and forget all this.

>> No.20316825

>>20316821
Curators if you must.

>> No.20316831

>>20315713
No. MAD is still in place. Russia is antagonizing small and irrelevant NATO countries in the balkans to stir up old regional conflicts. My theory is that Russia is trying to destabilize NATOby forcing us into retarded wars among balkan ethnics.

>> No.20316837

>>20316229
Marry me

>> No.20316861

A friend of mine recently confided in me a commonplace wish; that he could, in an instant, absorb all the content of any book he pleased. I think this misses something central in the activity of reading. Reading, or at least reading properly, involves a constant and active process of relation and reflection. We take each passage critically, relating it to its structural counterparts in our minds. In this way, the 'contents' of a given book are unique to the reader, we *could not* absorb a given books contents in an instant, because the content itself only acquires meaning through this active reflection process. My friends wish, then, is a technical impossibility. More than this, if such an ability was possible, would it not remove from learning it's aesthetic allure? Like with any great puzzle, the beauty of reading lies in its construction, not its terminus.

>> No.20316899

death

>> No.20316905
File: 42 KB, 960x960, slow_heavy_metal_music_playing.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20316899
>PAINNNN DEATH SUFFERING
>I WAS BORN TO DIE
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>> No.20316942
File: 614 KB, 1000x1367, 66913734(113939)_マフラー.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20316699
I am very sane and keep grandeur delusions at a minimum

>> No.20316981

NEW THREAD
>>20316973
THERES NEW THREAD
>>20316973
CLICK HERE FOR A NEW THREAD
>>20316973

>> No.20317073
File: 347 KB, 1225x1024, 1225px-Job's_Despair_Butts_set.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20316899
>>20316905
>May the day perish on which I was born, and the night, in which it was said, “A man has been conceived.”
>May that day be turned into darkness, may God not seek it from above, and may light not illuminate it.
>Let darkness and the shadow of death obscure it, let a fog overtake it, and let it be enveloped in bitterness.
>Let a whirlwind of darkness take hold of that night, let it not be counted in the days of the year, nor numbered in the months.
>May that night be alone and unworthy of praise.
>May they curse it, who curse the day, who are prepared to awaken a leviathan.
>Let the stars be concealed with its darkness. Let it expect light, and not see it, nor the rising of the dawn in the East.
For it did not close the doors of the womb that bore me, nor take away evils from my eyes.
>Why did I not die in the womb? Having left the womb, why did I not immediately perish?
>Why was I received upon the knees? Why was I suckled at the breasts?
>For by now, I should have been sleeping silently, and taking rest in my sleep

>> No.20317199

>>20317073
Kino

>> No.20317204

>>20316981
Ok stfu, you sperg

>> No.20317988

Is it worth trying to be published from the big publishing houses if it's my first novel? Why is the industry so picky? You would expect these businesses that have been around since the 20th century to have the ability to publish and print more books than they do now.