[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 17 KB, 346x461, isaacasimov.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.2024039 [Reply] [Original]

All just in my opinion, of course.

BEST

Second Foundation
Foundation
Forward the Foundation
Foundation and Empire
The Complete Robot
The Gods Themselves
The Robots of Dawn
Foundation's Edge
I, Robot
The Rest of the Robots
Robot Dreams
Robots and Empire
Nemesis
The Naked Sun
The End of Eternity
Magic
Pebble in the Sky
The Currents of Space
The Stars, Like Dust
The Caves of Steel
Foundation and Earth
Prelude to Foundation

WORST

Asimov is such a grea writer, the first writer I ever seriously read.

>> No.2024044

are the guys over on gamefaqs more impressed by these sorts of threads than /lit/ is or what

>> No.2024050

>>2024044
People on gamefaqs can't read.

>> No.2024056

posting in this thread just to say that D&E is dogshit compared to any other tripfriend

>> No.2024062

>>2024050
That would explain a lot about these threads alright

>> No.2024068

>>2024062
>alright

you're fired

>> No.2024123

I think the Empire novels would be bottom of my list, next to End of Eternity, then F&Earth/F's Edge.

Gods Themselves top, then the other Foundations, Nightfall below them, Baley/Daneel novels bit lower.

Hard to place ones like Robot Dreams/Visions, Nine Tomorrows, Early Asimov, etc because they all contain some gems and some stinkers. For example, Does A Bee Care? is probably the best short story I've ever read, but Jokester and The Last Answer aren't that great, which means Robot Dreams would be unplaceable.

>> No.2024485
File: 193 KB, 320x463, Paloma+Faith+22.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

Sunhawk; I'm wondering which order should I read the Foundation series in, because I know he wrote sequels or prequels not necessarily in order.

Maybe I'm just being drunk or silly.

>> No.2025398

>>2024485
I read them in chronological order, rather than written order, solely for simplicity. I dare say it's just as enjoyable either way though.

>> No.2025402

>>2024044
I just realized you keep referencing gamefaqs ever since I linked to Sunhawk's gamefaq account and posts.

I am so flattered.

But you still need to quit being a tripfag.
Or at least re-invent yourself as a new one and work your way back up.
But really, just quit.

I am aware of how long ago the post I am replying to was.

>> No.2025404

>>2025402

Tripfags work their way down not up. Anon is the pinnacle, all else is downhill.

>> No.2025405

Which was the one set on a planet with like 5 suns? I really liked that one, but I haven't read any of the foundation series.

>> No.2025421

I have read "The gods themselves" and i don't know if i'm dumb or something, but i didn't get it.

The only good part was the revelation at the end of part 2, but then that didn't lead anywhere

Am i stupid?

>> No.2025956

>>2025405
Nightfall, the novel length version is co written with Robert Silverberg

>> No.2025994 [DELETED] 
File: 44 KB, 700x576, tripfag.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

Pebble in the sky was fucking great. So was The God Themselves. What the fuck is wrong with you?