[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 295 KB, 850x1256, Memories of Ice SFBC.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.2017871 [Reply] [Original]

I've heard a few people say this. So if a girl is mirin me on the train, gets all moist, walks up to me and sees that I'm reading Memories of Ice, will she dry up upon seeing the stereotypical fantasy cover of the book in my hands?

>> No.2017876

Basically, yes. Get a kindle and have some shitty hipster 'literature' to show her if she insists on seeing what you read.

>> No.2017884

OP, that depends entirely on YOUR personality, YOUR confidence, how YOU look, and how YOU present YOURSELf.

It has NOTHING to do with your interests and hobbies. If you come across as a confused weirdo, if you are fat and ugly, if you are smelly or look like someone with obvious mental problems, that is something you will want to fix.

There are plenty of girls who like fantasy novels or at least don't mind guys who do. What matters is that you yourself be interesting, confident and self-assured - which, judging from this post, it doesn't sound like you are.

>> No.2017890

Oh gosh don't complicate your life with all kinds of little social rules that don't exist

some girls will care, some (most) won't, some will be enthusiastic. If you like something, be honest about it and be confident about it and be able to laugh at yourself if other people think it's silly. don't let someone tear you down just because they think you read dumb books. if they're really basing their whole opinion of you off of that, why would you even care what they think?

>> No.2017901
File: 724 B, 250x250, 1271897381183.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

but men aren't supposed to get mad when they see she's been reading a harlequin romance, amirite?

>> No.2017924

>>2017901

Listen, I dated a girl that reads Georgette Heyer and Jane Austen and wrote shitty fanfics about Sherlock Holmes butt raping Dr. Watson in his sleep.

And I forgave her for that. I was able to overlook it. If I can overlook my girlfriend's hobbies, any girl that's attracted to OP can overlook his.

>> No.2017946
File: 498 KB, 250x141, eeeeeeeeeee.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>2017924
>I dated a girl that reads Georgette Heyer and Jane Austen and wrote shitty fanfics about Sherlock Holmes butt raping Dr. Watson in his sleep.

>> No.2018895

I bought 3 fantasy books once in a college fair and all the girls were curious about them.

Or maybe just curious as to why I liked reading at all.

>> No.2018914
File: 11 KB, 283x178, images (6).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>2017924

>Listen, I dated a girl that reads Georgette Heyer and Jane Austen and wrote shitty fanfics about Sherlock Holmes butt raping Dr. Watson in his sleep.

>And I forgave her for that. I was able to overlook it.

Don't lie. You had to "settle"for her didn't you?

>> No.2018926

>>2018914
I'm sure you know all about "settling" in general from personal experience.

>> No.2018933
File: 16 KB, 150x150, 1306807834680.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>2017946
>I have an anonymous internet crush on you