[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 96 KB, 800x680, mytwistedworld.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
20150391 No.20150391 [Reply] [Original]

Reading My Twisted World, I hated most things about Elliot, however, I did feel for his friendship with James Ellis. I felt like James was the only person who Elliot actually truly cared about. There were some nice moments of their friendship like Elliot's concern for him when losing his mother or when Elliot gave him his shiny Charizard.

Also, while Elliot had expressed jealous rage and vengeance against everyone else around him over every little thing, that didn't apply to James. Even the few times Elliot was actually angry at James was in Elliot's point of view for his own good. It actually made me sad when James decided to end their friendship even despite what a bad person Elliot was.

>> No.20150417

>>20150391
>Elliot gave him his shiny Charizard
wtf, elliot had a shinny charizard?!

>> No.20151135

I like Elliot.

>> No.20151293

>>20150391
>son of a movie director
>his life could be a movie
KINO

>> No.20151341

>>20150391
I've heard people say he could've been a good writer if his incel rage didn't take over. It's been a while since I read his manifesto - I remember it not being terrible yet at the same time it didn't really have much literary merit. Perhaps if he had a greater interest in literature and looked to improve his writing instead of becoming based he could've had great literary potential. His dad was a Hollywood director so those connections could help with him getting his shit published. What I found the most impressive was how he remembered so many details of his life. I'm three years younger than him before he started writing the manifesto and planning his shooting, and I can barely remember my childhood. Elliot deserved a better outlook on life. He was certainly came from a position of privilege and had potential beyond being a mass shooter, it was a shame his blueballs fucked him over.