[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 3.28 MB, 2208x1242, 6E63405E-F212-4DAA-A153-17FFD4166386.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
20057490 No.20057490 [Reply] [Original]

Many people on this board love philosophy so much. They talk about it frequently; on daily basis. Every single day you can find threads about Nietzsche, Heidegger, Popper, Schopenhauer and Wittgeinstein. Many users feel ethusiatic by bumping the threads. This phenomena makes /lit/ looks like philosophy board, instead of literature board. I can’t blame those people who think exactly like this tho.

This triggers me to dive into philosophy. I decide to read Introduction to Philosophy by Russ Wyne. This book explains what is philosophy, the categories of philosophy, why philosophy is important, and how to do philosophy. Philosophy is simply defined as an inquiry to truth; an action to seek what exactly happens? An action to trully know something by questioning everything.

To know philosophy better, one needs to know that philosophy is divided into third categories; metapysics, epistemology, and ethics. Metaphysics is a part of philosophy that seeks to know the nature of every single thing by giving the question “what?” Or “Why?”

Epistemology is a part of philosophy that seeks to know how to trully know something is true. And ethics is a part of philosophy that tries to understand how should we see and act to another people.

According to Bertrand Russel, the reason why we need to learn philosophy because it enriches our intellectual imagination, diminishes the dogmatic mind, and makes us more capable to understand the universe (Russ Wyne, Philosophy of Science).

Now the last question occurs; how to do philosophy? By understanding and using logic. Logic is simply defined as a method to come to conclusion based on the coherent or consistent premises. Logic is divided into two categories; deduction and induction. Deduction comes from general premise, special premise to conclusion. Induction comes from particular facts (premises) to general conclusion.

This is an excellent book for any single person that seeks to understand philosophy in easy way. However this book will give you practical adventage too because the author explains the relation between philosophy and everyday life and the method to use logic in the terms of understanding explanatory philosophical proposition.

>> No.20057512

Sounds like gpt.

>> No.20057526

>>20057490
The reason why you need to learn philosophy is to leave the cave and enter the light.

>> No.20057549

>>20057490
tl;dr Is she a tranny? Her jaw is quite big.

>> No.20057557

>>20057549
>Is she a tranny?

No. She is a real woman. Her name is Alice Cappelle. A Parisian YouTuber who loves reading book and sharing her political view.

>> No.20057558

>>20057557
Thank you.

>> No.20057567

>>20057549
No, she's just a French woman.

>> No.20057576

>>20057512
That's what I was thinking
>Introduction to Philosophy by Russ Wyne
No such book exists...

>> No.20057591
File: 103 KB, 1242x1150, DB81EF55-8367-4172-84F8-0695A8F4D526.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20057576
>No such book exists
Hmm. It actually exists. Sorry i meant Russ Payne.

>> No.20057627

>>20057490
That's a man

>> No.20057636

>>20057490
>According to Bertrand Russel, the reason why we need to learn philosophy because it enriches our intellectual imagination, diminishes the dogmatic mind, and makes us more capable to understand the universe (Russ Wyne, Philosophy of Science).
Philosophy is just sophistry with extra steps. Its rhetoric meant to manipulate people. It often fails at its job because genetics are command, and not naive abstracts like "reason" or "logic."

>> No.20057639

>>20057636
I disagree with you, unless you can give me a naive abstract to change my mind.

>> No.20057734

>>20057636
Cynicism is no substitute for learning.

>> No.20057754

>>20057490
The french English accent is horrible. Russian, and to a lesser extent, germanic and chinese speakers seem to enhance the english language in not only their gait and pronunciation but even locution, only when talking without even a speck of irony of course.

>> No.20057760

>woman
>unironic global homo art
kys

>> No.20057767

>>20057490
This bitch pretends to be all trad and modest, but she's a massive sluta. All these e-famous trad girls are grifters. Real trad girls don't make youtube videos.

>> No.20057771

>>20057767
>This bitch pretends to be all trad and modest
When? Her politics are typical lefty bullshit. Don't think she's trying to appeal to the whole trad thing.

>> No.20057814

>>20057767
Are you retard? She never pretends being trad

>> No.20057869

Good thread, anon. You get my bump !

>> No.20057876

>>20057771
>>20057814
Imagine simping for these whores

>> No.20058010

>>20057549
The pink book cover should be the giveaway. Trannies don't read women's books because they aren't women.

>> No.20058357

She is so beautiful

>> No.20058563

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1Egc-o6Ziw

Woman wishes to be independent, and therefore she begins to enlighten men about "woman as she is"—THIS is one of the worst developments of the general UGLIFYING of Europe. For what must these clumsy attempts of feminine scientificality and self-exposure bring to light! Woman has so much cause for shame; in woman there is so much pedantry, superficiality, schoolmasterliness, petty presumption, unbridledness, and indiscretion concealed—study only woman's behaviour towards children!—which has really been best restrained and dominated hitherto by the FEAR of man. Alas, if ever the "eternally tedious in woman"—she has plenty of it!—is allowed to venture forth! if she begins radically and on principle to unlearn her wisdom and art-of charming, of playing, of frightening away sorrow, of alleviating and taking easily; if she forgets her delicate aptitude for agreeable desires! Female voices are already raised, which, by Saint Aristophanes! make one afraid:—with medical explicitness it is stated in a threatening manner what woman first and last REQUIRES from man. Is it not in the very worst taste that woman thus sets herself up to be scientific? Enlightenment hitherto has fortunately been men's affair, men's gift—we remained therewith "among ourselves"; and in the end, in view of all that women write about "woman," we may well have considerable doubt as to whether woman really DESIRES enlightenment about herself—and CAN desire it. If woman does not thereby seek a new ORNAMENT for herself—I believe ornamentation belongs to the eternally feminine?—why, then, she wishes to make herself feared: perhaps she thereby wishes to get the mastery. But she does not want truth—what does woman care for truth? From the very first, nothing is more foreign, more repugnant, or more hostile to woman than truth—her great art is falsehood, her chief concern is appearance and beauty. Let us confess it, we men: we honour and love this very art and this very instinct in woman: we who have the hard task, and for our recreation gladly seek the company of beings under whose hands, glances, and delicate follies, our seriousness, our gravity, and profundity appear almost like follies to us. Finally, I ask the question: Did a woman herself ever acknowledge profundity in a woman's mind, or justice in a woman's heart? And is it not true that on the whole "woman" has hitherto been most despised by woman herself, and not at all by us?—We men desire that woman should not continue to compromise herself by enlightening us; just as it was man's care and the consideration for woman, when the church decreed: mulier taceat in ecclesia. It was to the benefit of woman when Napoleon gave the too eloquent Madame de Stael to understand: mulier taceat in politicis!—and in my opinion, he is a true friend of woman who calls out to women today: mulier taceat de mulierel.

>> No.20058707

>>20057876
whos talking about simping? lol

>> No.20058979

>>20057490
God I can't stand that fucking bitch

>> No.20060383
File: 84 KB, 585x768, Screenshot 2022-03-13 214642.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I don't understand why you fuckers dislike Alice. I'm not kidding, she's actually one of my favorite YouTubers and I enjoy her videos A LOT. Is it because her views are more on the reddit/left side of politics?

>> No.20060512

>>20060383
Yes but I like her middle class air and healthy physique so in the end I like her and try to repress my hatred for her values

>> No.20060560

>>20057490
Philosophy is an attempt to find a (linguistic) connection between a nameless universe and the human mind.

>> No.20061607

Bump