[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 38 KB, 297x475, 245831.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
20038244 No.20038244 [Reply] [Original]

I want to see what my mind can do. Recommend me books and techniques that I can use to make the most of it, or break it

Things like memory techniques, different types of meditation, active imagination, hypnosis, creativity techniques, shit for mental math, lucid dreaming, methods to build up tolerance for pain, I'm open to anything

>> No.20038261

I know this is retarded, but I never got into memory palaces because I moved around a ton as a kid. They always recommend starting with some intimately familiar place. But I don’t really remember a lot of the places I lived at because I moved around a ton. I remember digital childhood spaces better than physical ones. Plus, I figured that if I’m going to commit something to memory, I’d take a hint from Phillipians 4:8 and only out beautiful things in my mind. Not some of these ugly or bland places that I have no attachment towards.

Don’t meant to blogpost, but I figured only you guys would understand my autism. I just want to remember beautifully and permanently bros.

>> No.20039340

bump

>> No.20039344

tony buzan for memory techniques

>> No.20039559

>>20038244
Just read Hegel, you will get buck broken very quickly.

>> No.20040693

bump

>> No.20041912

bump

>> No.20041945

>>20038244
luke jermay has good stuff on memory, mentalism. reality is plastic is a good book on hypnotic techniques. emotional first aid is just good for working through every day emotional pains, flow is a good read for understanding human experience and joy, eckhart tolle's the power of now and the new earth basically gave me a breakdown via spirituality.

>> No.20041986

>>20041945
"every day" is a noun phrase; you meant "everyday"

>> No.20042032
File: 6 KB, 259x194, Moralsareformennotgods.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

De loci technique, also when using it, try to be inside the room, and look at the objects for some time, I perceived that when you look at it for some time, it is stored more easily.
With this I memorized most of what I study through medical school as well as french, italian and japanese vocabulary.

>> No.20042038

>>20041986
no fuck you language constantly evolves, I meant "every day" like "every single day".

>> No.20042052
File: 2.26 MB, 540x390, original.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw have done psychological testing and have been told that my memory is abnormally good

Maybe I should get into memory enhancement techniques, I could turn myself into a mentat at this rate.

Then again, maybe I don't need it. I can remember snatches of things I read as a freshman in college, 17 years ago. My memory seems to take care of itself; it forgets the things that aren't important, and holds on to the things that are. My subconscious is a pretty effective screener, and I'm hesitant to tinker with it too much.

>> No.20042086

Neuroscience has proven what Aristotle and Romans said about the mind. By connecting new knowledge to previously acquired knowledge, you strengthen the new info in your long term memory. As a result, the method of loci is also proven to work since you are actively new shit to things you already know like the back of your hand, e.g. your childhood home layout.

Look up Anthony Metivier on YT for more on the method of loci. He dunks on Yates for not knowing her shit.

As for more books, "Make It Stick" confirms what the ancients knew about memory and learning except with SCIENCE

>> No.20042091

>>20040693
>>20041912
You don't deserve anything. I gave you an actual example and you didn't even reply. I hope you never post on this site, ever. People like you are the reason we can't have nice things.