[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 46 KB, 700x641, le froggy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19994201 No.19994201 [Reply] [Original]

Is philosophy open to interpretation? I feel as if when we read philosophy we usually associate what the author is saying with our own thoughts. Is this the right thing to do or does the author trying to give us a message and we should just try to decipher it? Please help me /lit/

>> No.19994214

Truth has only one interpretation, what you are dealing with is not interpretation but rather a different set of total knowledge compared to the author

>> No.19994220

>>19994201
Nietzsche said something like "theres no facts, only interpretation" or something like that

>> No.19994432

A person has many freedoms and choices for their life on earth..

One person's philosophy could he spending all their free time surfing.

Another person's philosophy could he spending all their free time playing Vidya.

Another person could spend all their free time investing in stocks.

Let's say they all lived to 80 and expressed they lived happy lives with no regrets. Whose philosophy was best or most right?

Oh I forgot to mention the person who invested in stocks in their freetime ate out at a different fancy restaurant every night, lived in a beautiful home, and had a supermodel wife that encouraged him to sleep with her supemodel friends every night.