[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 125 KB, 634x659, 157.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19962969 No.19962969 [Reply] [Original]

>hates women
>SUPPOSING that Truth is a woman--what then? Is there not ground for suspecting that all philosophers, in so far as they have been dogmatists, have failed to understand women--that the terrible seriousness and clumsy importunity with which they have usually paid their addresses to Truth, have been unskilled and unseemly methods for winning a woman?

>> No.19962976

>>19962969
>Rejected woman wants to make everything about women
>Men can't have thoughts that are not about women or attaining sexual gratification
Sage

>> No.19963053
File: 47 KB, 470x652, 1637071228863.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19962969
>loves women
>In joy and gladness to bear the thing conceived, this is the deed of Woman,—and to work deeds the woman only needs to be entirely what she is, but in no way to will something: for she can will but one thing—to be a woman! To man, therefore, woman is the ever clear and cognisable measure of natural infallibility, (Untrüglichkeit), for she is at her perfectest when she never quits the sphere of beautiful Instinctiveness (Unwillkürlichkeit).

>> No.19963060
File: 62 KB, 976x850, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I don't love women anymore

>> No.19963087
File: 33 KB, 640x293, 214f324fb1e8b2caf1701cc8424055973388f55f8ca61728a53da8c413470090_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19963060
Similar sentiments abound

>> No.19963178

>>19962969
>>hates women
Not really.

1. Women are excellent at manipulation - like priests and nobles, i.e. they have "vita contemplativa":
"In the other case: that is to say, when extreme clearsightedness is present, the genius of the actor is needful as well as tremendous discipline in self-control, if victory is to be achieved. That is why priests are the cleverest and most conscious hypocrites; and then come princes, in whom their position in life and their antecedents account for a certain histrionic gift. Society men and diplomatists come third, and women fourth." (Will to Power, 377)

2. Men (unlike women) are "infertile" (i.e. like Socrates, can't generate anything new).
"Infertility itself tends to encourage a certain masculinity of taste, for man is, if I may say so, “the infertile animal.”" (Beyond Good and Evil, 144)

3. The supposed claims about women's vanity acquire different meaning, once you have more context:
"The perfect woman perpetrates literature as if it were a petty vice: as an experiment, en passant, and looking about her all the while to see whether anybody is noticing her, hoping that somebody is noticing her." (Twilight of the Idols, 20)
Yet contrast to this:
"This was the value which was set upon the ancient race of contemplative natures—despised as they were in just the same degree as they were not dreaded! In such a masked form, in such an ambiguous aspect, with an evil heart and often with a troubled head, did Contemplation make its first appearance on earth: both weak and terrible at the same time, despised in secret, and covered in public with every mark of superstitious veneration. Here, as always, we must say: pudenda origo!" (Dawn, 42)

I.e. women, meanwhile, are evolutionizing, while you make incel autistic screeches.

> unskilled and unseemly methods for winning a woman?
"Here and there on earth there is probably a kind of continuation of love in which this greedy desire of two people for each other gives way to a new desire and greed, a shared higher thirst for an ideal above them. But who knows such love? Who has experienced it? lts true name is friendship." (Gay Science, 14)

>> No.19963192

>>19963178
>"Here and there on earth there is probably a kind of continuation of love in which this greedy desire of two people for each other gives way to a new desire and greed, a shared higher thirst for an ideal above them. But who knows such love? Who has experienced it? lts true name is friendship." (Gay Science, 14)
This is a cope for Salome rejecting him.

>> No.19963194

>>19963087
People who write graffiti are more likely to be faggots

>> No.19963217

>>19963178
>man is, if I may say so, “the infertile animal.”
>looking about her all the while to see whether anybody is noticing her
>In such a masked form, in such an ambiguous aspect, with an evil heart and often with a troubled head

Also this, for more context:
""This picture is perfectly beautiful!" The dissatisfied and exasperated literary woman with a desert in her heart and in her belly, listening with agonised curiosity every instant to the imperative which whispers to her from the very depths of her being: aut liberi, aut libri: the literary woman, sufficiently educated to understand the voice of nature, even when nature speaks Latin, and moreover enough of a peacock and a goose to speak even French with herself in secret "Je me verrai, je me lirai, je m'extasierai et je dirai: Possible, que j'aie eu tant d'esprit?"" (Twilight of the Idols, 27)

Educated women (being already compared to priests, infertile Socrates and a peacock) are in the process of becoming "an interesting animal" (Genealogy, 6)

>> No.19964116

>>19962969
Check for Weib in sich/frauen. Nietzsche uses Weib "as such" to refer to women in one sense (maybe some would use capital-W Women contemporarily). He is more complimentary when he uses frauen, which is more like the female human substratum.
Hope this helps, retard

>> No.19964197

Why do people read so much into Nietzsche's words when he was obviously unwell and wrote like a pack animal at an Indian restaurant? This could apply to a great many Continental "philosophers" btw.

>> No.19964237

>>19964197
>obviously unwell
And what would a well individual write about? Only troubled souls have something worthy to say. Well / unwell is just a way to dismiss someone not adhering to the herd (wellness)