[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 232 KB, 1200x1200, webnovel-is-it-a-legit-author-platform.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19960863 No.19960863 [Reply] [Original]

What's the deal with this place?Every story I read on it is horrible. Awful prose, too much expository dialogue, and almost no subtext.
It'd be one thing to say webnovels are just an evolution of pulp fiction for weebs but most LNs only require a middle school reading level to understand.
As far as I can surmise, China and Worst Korea are the two places where this type of literature reigns supreme, but I keep hearing people in the West talk about books with such glorious and evocative names like:
>The Vampire System
>My Werewolf System
>Martial Arts System
>The AFK Farming System
>Reincarnated with the Strongest System
>The System of Infinity
>Imposter System (sus)
I mean, for fucks' sake, the website has a percentage tracker for how far into a book with TWO decimal places. Even they know their audience is barely hanging on to what they're reading. What gives?

>inb4 "It's just pulp fiction for weebs"
And that's an insult to pulp fiction!!

>> No.19960880
File: 2.18 MB, 384x378, pepe newspaper raise.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19960863
At the very least, they write. Something /lit/ doesn’t do nor wants to do. So I domy know why you’re hating on them for it.

>> No.19960929

>>19960880
Not only do they write, many of them get careers for it. It's proof of a thriving amateur writing culture in asia, something virtually absent in the west.

>> No.19961161

>>19960863
They're deliberately written to entertain stupid people, that's all. Asians don't elevate their pop culture to the level of real culture like Americans do. They'll never make Marvel movies, but on the other hand, they'll never have a Philip K. Dick.