[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 423 KB, 900x750, 3F8B8FDD-7630-4BD6-AEC1-2641448C85EE.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19946985 No.19946985 [Reply] [Original]

A key element in Lacan’s thought on desire is that it is never ultimately for the object desired.
Therefore, we don’t know what we want, we can only think we do.

Is it possible to actually know what you want? Is it true that, upon getting what you thought you wanted, you won’t be satisfied with it and will think you want something else?

>> No.19946991

>>19946985
this nigga luk lyk he finna be on he way to fuk yo mama

>> No.19947005

>>19946985
He look like a niqqa dat bout to say some shit like the hoe dont exist fr

>> No.19947019

>>19946985
my girl be in dat mirror stage you feel me
bitch need finna get dat weave and be done wit it nahmsayin

>> No.19947020

>>19946985
>discard something you had to get what you want
>find out what you had was infinitely more valuable than what you wanted
Human condition 101. We are full retard.

>> No.19947052

>>19946985
My bullshit take is that initially something is given to you.

What is given is a void that you fill with a want.

There's the given and the want to fill the void of what is given.

This is paradoxical because what is given is something. Where does the nothing come from?

There is a perceived nothing behind our want that occupies the something we were given.

"I don't have this. I need this." is entering Humean Skepticism territory.

How do you know something is missing from what you're given?

The true nothingness comes from the fact that, before being given something, you yourself were nothing.

Now that you are something because you were given something, you're something that's not whole.

You were never whole. There are two parts of you. The are not and the are. Right now, you are.

How you will become is anyone's guess, but we are not driven by guesses. We are driven by wants.

We perceive what we're given as a piece of a puzzle. We assume there's something more.

There was a past, there must be a future, right?

This future is not. It has not been given. We can give it to ourselves based on our actions.

With our actions, we have three major themes: the given, the void of want, and our doing.

Our doing exists in the middle. The given is its stage but the want is the rhythm that carries its body.

The want can be influenced because of the relationship between the doing and the given.

The doing and given can change the want. You can't know what you want but can know how want takes a hold of you and how you can take a hold of want.

>> No.19947079

>>19946985
You don't know what you all. You're told what you want and why you want it.

>> No.19947155

>>19947079
What if what I think I want goes against what I was taught to want?

>> No.19947194

>>19946985
>herefore, we don’t know what we want, we can only think we do.
See, this is my problem with this.
You can totally specify what Other people want, you just cant calrify what You want.
His "We" is a projection of a failed psychologist.

>> No.19947211
File: 163 KB, 937x1171, sprezzatura.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19946985
Lacan is jumping around in circles so he never really says anything. Trigger Warning: This post contains lacanian ideas

He said "the desire is the desire of the other", of course leaving open whether your desire is to be desired by others or whether your desire is copied from the desires you see the other have.

same thing for the object small a... it simultaneously is a placeholder and cover for what you _really_ desire and yet at the same time there is no _real_ desire because it jumps to something else as soon as you have it

>> No.19947231

>>19947211
Quest’immagine sa da deodorante da uomo della LIDL, asfalto estivo e fumi di scarico.

>> No.19947290

>>19947052
Our bodies are included with some unavoidable wants, food, water, clothing, shelter, sex, human company/interaction/belonging.

Other wants likely blossom out from those root core wants and needs.

Then there might be wants very distant from those, that seem unrelated, that might require more specific contemplation to source them