[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 72 KB, 750x445, 1364699.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19925611 No.19925611 [Reply] [Original]

Why do christians always pretend that their religion doesn't heavily favor jews?
In Matthew 15 Jesus says that gentiles are like dogs compared to jews, deserving only the crumbs of salvation
>22 And a Canaanite woman from that region came to Him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is miserably possessed by a demon.”
>23 But Jesus did not answer a word. So His disciples came and urged Him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”
>24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”
>25 The woman came and knelt before Him. “Lord, help me!” she said.
>26 But Jesus replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”

And in Romans 15 Paul says that gentiles are obliged to give their belongings to jews.
>26 For Macedonia and Achaia were pleased to make a contribution for the poor among the saints in Jerusalem.
>27 They were pleased to do it, and indeed they owe it to them. For if the Gentiles have shared in their spiritual blessings, they are obligated to minister to them with material blessings.

I don't get why christChanners pretend that christianity is some anti-jew religion. Seems like a huge cope in the face of the blatant superiority the new testament gives jews. And by the way, isn't it funny that jewish ideologies always make sure to spell out how superior jews are, and that gentiles are indebted to them in perpetuity? I mean they've been doing this for thousands of years. It must be genetic.

>> No.19925629

>>19925611
Try reading the Bible instead of focusing on out of context copypasted quotes from atheist blogs.

Then you might understand.

>> No.19925647

>>19925611
As an ex-Christian achiest, this can be reconciled fairly easily into a gentile-Christianity:
There are multiple accounts of this story, in one she is a greek, in another she is of another nation; the point being that she is a non-monotheist and is inculcated into the pagan culture. Jesus rejects her with his left hand, for she is not seeking the "correct beliefs", but when he sees her character & wit (which is not quoted in your post), he accepts her and is good to her. This is part of the "edgy Jesus" character which is truly one of the more redeeming qualities of the otherwise spineless, submissive, etc. Christian literature.

>> No.19925718

>>19925647
can you elaborate on "edgy jesus"?

>> No.19925722

>>19925647
Jesus accepts her once she sufficientlys reaffirms that gentiles are lesser than jews. I
> Jesus rejects her with his left hand, for she is not seeking the "correct beliefs", but when he sees her character & wit (which is not quoted in your post), he accepts her and is good to her.
Jesus is supposed to be God, so he already knows her true character. You could say that he's doing this for the disciples sake. But even still this reaffirms my point. Sure, he's letting in gentiles now, but it's on the condition that it is understood that they are not equal to jews.

>>19925629
Out of context? How dishonest. Both selections are their own self contained segments of the new testament. I didn't copy verses out of the middle of some story. Both are quoted from the beginning. The verse right before the Matthew selection is
>21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the district of Tyre and Sidon.
And the verse before the Romans selection is
>25 Now, however, I am on my way to Jerusalem to serve the saints there.
So if these are really out of context, then tell me what the actual context is.
You won't because you're grasping for reasons to dismiss me without considering what I'm saying.

>> No.19925744

>>19925611
>Why do christians always pretend that their religion doesn't heavily favor jews?
If you actually read the OT, you'll realize it's actually a book of self-hating Judaism. Literally hundreds of pages of Jews fucking up and being terrible and God smacking them around for acting like Jews. A good example is the Israelites in the desert just after leaving Egypt in the Book of Exodus. These people just got led out of slavery and just saw Moses part the Red Sea with God's power, and seemingly a few days/weeks later, they're bitching about how "God hasn't done anything for them lately."
>I don't get why christChanners pretend that christianity is some anti-jew religion.
Because you're confusing modern Judaism with ancient Judaism; modern Judaism is an off-shoot from about AD 70 when Christianity fulfilled the prophecies of ancient Judaism in AD 33 and thus formally succeeded the original Judaism. You're quoting Paul saying one thing, while ignoring his attacks on the Judaizers in the same letters.

>> No.19925781
File: 234 KB, 1610x1079, weak meme.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19925722
Jesus is God in John, and I don't think he is supposed to be all knowing in the gospels where this event is recorded.
>Jesus accepts her once she sufficientlys reaffirms that gentiles are lesser than jews.
A Christian can still say, No, Jews were only superior in that they worshipped the true god, and gentiles were inferior only because of their pagan culture; Christians are superior to Jews because Jews rejected God's Truest Incarnation in Jesus as Logos, and so on.

>>19925718
Many incidents in the Gospels don't line up with the common portrayal of Jesus in culture today. The dude went into the temple and whipped merchants with a cord. There are some minor stories also that are completely amazing that don't get much reference, such as in Mark when he drives a demon out into a herd of pigs, and they all run off a cliff. The NT Canon was very strict about keeping too cool of things out of the Bible, but you can't just cut Mark, because that's the original one.

>> No.19925830

>>19925744
The jews not being grateful enough to god does undo judaism's idea of jewish superiority, nor does it make christianity not openly favor jews above gentiles.
>You're quoting Paul saying one thing, while ignoring his attacks on the Judaizers in the same letters.
I'm not ignoring anything. That Paul was against judaizers was irrelevant. That christianity doesn't favor jews as much as judaism does doesn't mean it doesn't favor them at all. Neither of these rebuttals make any sense. Nothing you said was relevant to my post.

>>19925781
>gentiles were inferior only because of their pagan culture
Christians can say that, but it wouldn't make any sense since Jesus explicitly said he was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And he's saying that because God said jews were the chosen people. It has nothing to do with culture, otherwise God would have dropped the jews one of the numerous times they stopped obeying God's laws.

>> No.19925859

>>19925830
A Christian can see the destruction of the Temple and the resurrection of Jesus as God signaling a change in his will for humanity.
Jews as God's chosen were to receive the message of Jesus first, in his lifetime. Being that they rejected him, and crucified him, God can be understood to have shifted gears into support for those who followed Jesus, and moved forward to unite all of mankind (as is central to the NT letters) in one body. This body would be of many persons, but of one idea, the Judaism of Jesus, without the Law.

I am not a Christian, and I can say this argument is not one that will knock any true Christian; there are many difficulties of reconciliation in the religion that are actually completely healable. These are not the way to de-convert Christians.
To bring a Christian out of their religion, you must attack wholly the flaws you see in the application of the doctrine of the NT to life (much as Paul did for the OT).

>> No.19925883

>>19925611
This is why I could never unironically get behind christianity, even if I could make myself believe in supersessionism (which is considered a fringe belief nowadays) I would refuse to worship a bunch of third rate desert nomads as god's chosen even in the past tense. I will never worship a jew, the jews in general, the god of the jews, or the state of israel.

>> No.19925884

>>19925611
Why did Jesus say his followers would be hated by the world? John 15
Would God's chosen reject His Son? John 6
Who is the mediator between God and men? 1 Timothy 2
What did Jesus say to the Pharisees when they claimed to be Abraham's seed? John 8
What did John the baptist say to the Pharisees and Sadducees? Matthew 3

>>19925722
>Out of context? How dishonest. Both selections are their own self contained segments of the new testament.
He wasn't dishonest, you are. The context of the story in Matthew 15 doesn't stop at verse 26.
https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Matthew-Chapter-15/

I'm not going to waste my time with a liar like you and I will repeat that anon's point: Try reading the Bible instead of focusing on out of context copypasted quotes from atheist blogs. Then you might understand.

>> No.19925892

>>19925611
Everything you said is true up to this point

>I don't get why christChanners pretend that christianity is some anti-jew religion.

If you read the gospels (total time: 8 hours) you will see why Christianity is anti-Jew. The gospels repeatedly blame "the Jews" for killing Jesus... whereas any rational person can see that it was Rome that killed Jesus (for the crime of insurrection against the Empire).

Jesus also says some really messed up things about "the Jews"... like the following absurd accusation:

>"You snakes, you brood of vipers! How can you escape being sentenced to hell? 34 Therefore I send you prophets, sages, and scribes, some of whom you will kill and crucify, and some you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town, 35 so that upon you may come all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Barachiah, whom you murdered between the sanctuary and the altar." (Matthew 23: 33-35)

Yes Jesus literally blames the Jews, collectively, for all past murders of righteous people and prophets. This is obviously stupid as fuck. Like, dangerously stupid af (millions of innocent Jews have died on account of those words).

Here is another case of Jesus being anti-Jewish to the extreme:

>39 They [the Jews] answered him, “Abraham is our father.” Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham’s children, you would be doing what Abraham did, 40 but now you are trying to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. This is not what Abraham did. 41 You are indeed doing what your father does.” They said to him, “We are not illegitimate children; we have one father, God himself.” 42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now I am here. I did not come on my own, but he sent me. 43 Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot accept my word. 44 You are from your father the devil, and you choose to do your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks according to his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Yeah, so... I think it's fair to say that Christianity is anti-Jewish, when Jesus himself literally claims that Jews are "from your father the devil." Just to be clear, I do NOT agree with the bullshit that I quoted. In fact... when I read these things, I am deeply ashamed that I was ever a Christian.

>> No.19925909

>>19925892
Piss off back to Twitter

>> No.19925917

>>19925611
https://www.tertullian.org/fathers/chrysostom_adversus_judaeos_01_homily1.htm

>> No.19925923

>>19925892
He does not attack Jews as a race, you idiot. He is a Jew himself. He attacks the zeitgeist. The popular vulgar culture. He hates the decay that he sees in his society & seeks to rebuke them.
Much of the criticism Jesus gives for the Jews as a people holds to this day. Not saying that no other people are plagued by similar evils, nor that Chrtistianity as it is passed on is the way the truth the life yada yada yada obey goyim, no, but your post is terrible because it tries to subvert non-Christians into a meek shabbos-goy state of support for Jews that is emblematic of Christianity's problems today.

>> No.19925926

>>19925629
/thread

honestly the tranny communists on this board are just embarrassing themselves everyday with this shit

>> No.19925957

>>19925859
I'm not trying to deconvert them. They have an idea of what Christianity is, but it's not what is actually found in the bible. I just think it's funny watching them squirm as they deny what their scripture plainly says. As for God's will changed, there's Matthew 5:18.

>>19925883
It's not even an anti-jew thing. It would be just as funny if it were any other race. It's like the black white supremacist sketch, except it's been going on for two millennia.

>>19925884
I already addressed that there's a few more verses in the Canaanite woman story in that post you're quoting. In none of those verses does Jesus say "jk gentiles aren't jews compared to dogs". I don't deny that Jesus ended up accepting the woman, It's not relevant to my point. The context does not change without those verses. If you think it does, then explain how, don't just bitch and moan.

>>19925892
Jesus castigating the Pharisees doesn't change anything about the new testament promoting innate supperiority of jews and the preferential treatment they deserve.

>> No.19925984

>>19925957
>It's not even an anti-jew thing. It would be just as funny if it were any other race. It's like the black white supremacist sketch, except it's been going on for two millennia.

That's why black hebrew israelites are some of the funniest people around. It's literally a bizarre mirror image of judaism and its centeredness on the racial apotheosis of the jewish people but without any of the elements that lend prestige to it, not its relation to christianity, not its embeddedness in the elite, or the sheer age that lends a certain illusion of sanctity to even the dumbest beliefs, nothing. It's the best parody of judaism that there ever was and it isn't even aware of being that, which makes it a thousand times better.

>> No.19926032

>>19925957
muh Till all be fulfilled
muh It is preserved just abrogated

>>19925984
God or Nature is great

>> No.19926048

>>19925629
gentile cope

>> No.19926052

>>19925611
> “And the centurion making answer, said: Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldst enter under my roof: but only say the word, and my servant shall be healed. For I also am a man subject to authority, having under me soldiers; and I say to this, Go, and he goeth, and to another, Come, and he cometh, and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. And Jesus hearing this, marvelled; and said to them that followed him: Amen I say to you, I have not found so great faith in Israel. And I say to you that many shall come from the east and the west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven: But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into the exterior darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”
St Matthew 8:8-12 DRC1752

Retard.

>> No.19926055

>>19925611
>Why do christians always pretend that their religion doesn't heavily favor jews?
Jews who reject Jesus are not worshiping God in the manner He requires. They have a tragically incomplete understanding of who God is, how He has provided salvation, and how to experience an intimate relationship with Him. The One True God has revealed Himself in Jesus Christ, “for in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form” (Colossians 2:9). Apart from faith in Christ, no one truly knows God.

>> No.19926060

>>19925611
it doesn't
>Son of Man
>Make disciples of all nations
actually the first thing Jesus did was condemn the jews and then they tried to kill him but he 'passed through the crowd'

>> No.19926068

>>19925917
I read about 60% of it and this was the only part I saw that really was addressing what I was saying
>II(1) ... Although those Jews had been called to the adoption of sons, they fell to kinship with dogs; we who were dogs received the strength, through God's grace, to put aside the irrational nature which was ours and to rise to the honor of sons. How do I prove this? Christ said: "It is no fair to take the children's bread and to cast it to the dogs". Christ was speaking to the Canaanite woman when He called the Jews children and the Gentiles dogs.
>(2) But see how thereafter the order was changed about: they became dogs, and we became the children. Paul said of the Jews: "Beware of the dogs, beware of the evil workers, beware of the mutilation. For we are the circumcision". Do you see how those who at first were children became dogs? Do you wish to find out how we, who at first were dogs, became children? "But to as many as received him, he gave the power of becoming sons of God".
If there's more you want me to look at specifically feel free to quote it, but as for this I don't think it's enough. He's saying that the jews are dogs in faith to God now because Paul at one point somewhat turns the dog thing around on the jews. My problem is that this is directed towards jews who think they can still follow the old covenant. It is not him saying that the jews are no longer a special people. To read it that way I think you'd have to read it as saying that jews are an inferior people now. That would still be a problem to modern christianity (but in the opposite way from my OP) in that its making too big an issue of someone's lineage and how that affects someone's salvation.

>> No.19926081

>>19925892
ya. a big part of Jesus' ministry was condemning the jews. He was killed by both Pharisees and Sadducees alike who hated each other. They weren't allowed to execute anyone under Roman law so they pressured Pontius Pilate to do it on a false charge of 'claiming to be the king' which they twisted to the romans as meaning an act of treason against the Caesar who they themselves viewed as illegitimate.

>> No.19926105

>>19925611
You haven't read The Bible.

>> No.19926127

>>19926052
This doesn't say that jews are no longer privileged, but that the ones who are refusing to accept the new covenant will be thrown out.

>> No.19926161

>>19925611
>Heavily favor

It's literally a rip off of the Jewish religion

It's like shitty off brand sprite that doesn't taste like sprite.

>> No.19926217

>>19926161
It’s a bunch of Greek-speaking gentiles bootlegging their own Judaism

>> No.19926218

>>19925923
>He does not attack Jews as a race, you idiot.

He does, though. Or at least the Gospel writers do. Jesus' condemnation of "the Jews," the Pharisees (i.e. religious Jews/Rabbis), scribes (i.e. literate Jews), and the Sadducees all blends together.

Here's a challenge: Read the Gospel of John from beginning to end, and take note of just how many times Jesus condemns "the Jews." That exact phrase ("the Jews") is used ~66 times... and in almost all of those instances (aside from 1 or 2) "the Jews" is used negatively.

>He is a Jew himself
He sure is in the Synoptic Gospels. Jesus even says how important it is to pray the Shema (something that Jews still do, but Christians don't... for some reason). Yet in John "the Jews" are portrayed as others.

>>19926081
>He was killed by both Pharisees and Sadducees alike who hated each other. They weren't allowed to execute anyone under Roman law so they pressured Pontius Pilate to do it on a false charge of 'claiming to be the king'

He was killed by all of those groups. Or rather, he was killed by the Romans... on trumped-up (but legitimate) charges that the Jews made Pilate aware of. But the reasons for the Jewish leaders wanting Jesus dead are different in each gospel. In Mark, this understandably happens right after Jesus "cleanses" the Temple (i.e. he assaults people and causes a huge scene). In John, "the Jews" pick up stones to kill Jesus after Jesus utters ridiculously blasphemous things. Like when Jesus implies that he is God ("I am")... or when Jesus claims that "no one comes to the Father except through me."

Now I personally think that stoning for blasphemy is barbaric and wrong... but can anyone blame "the Jews" for reacting that way in John?

>> No.19926266

>>19925984
>It's the best parody of judaism that there ever was and it isn't even aware of being that, which makes it a thousand times better.

Holy shit that honestly illustrates a lot about why Judaism feels off. If you get rid of how it’s embedded in Christianity and the West you can see how silly it is.

>> No.19926280

"How to tell if a thread will be shit 101"
Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion
>Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion
Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion
>Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion
>Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion
Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion
>Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion
>Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion Opinion

>> No.19926307

Canaanites are the modern jews, the ones who went a-whoring in the OT and the ones who end up denying the Christ.

>> No.19926316

>>19926280
Lurk moar

>> No.19926441

>>19926218
>but can anyone blame "the Jews" for reacting that way in John?
I am not sure what your point is here. Yes, you can blame them. It's either the case that money changing and selling animals for great profit at marked up prices in the Temple is offensive to God or not. It's either the case Jesus is Son of God or not.
>stoning for blasphemy
Did the jews ever commit blasphemy do you think? Did Jesus ever accuse them of not following the commandments?

>> No.19926461

Christianity IS Judaism. It's transformed Judaism with the Messiah actually come and the Kingdom of God fulfilled. There's even a philosophical position in Christianity called "supersessionism" that states this. Jesus fulfilled the Old Covenant and replaced it with the New Covenant. Therefore, one cannot follow the God of the Jews correctly without becoming a Christian. Not since the Resurrection.

There are many Christians today who are deeply uncomfortable with this, but it's true, no matter how much they try to deny it. I suppose the Holocaust made them squeamish about being mean to Jews.

>> No.19926475

>>19925629
fpbp

>> No.19926489

>>19926280
Fpbpbobp

>> No.19926497

>>19925611
You know I don’t understand anti-Christians. They go from criticising Christianity for saying Jews and Greeks are equal in Christ (so not being racist) to saying Christianity is racist.

>> No.19926517

>>19925611
I honestly don’t see anything pro-Jewish in the bible (even in the Old Testament). Most of the Old Testament is just stories about Jews constantly failing to live up to god’s expectation of them. They are never portrayed as perfect beings, but as more
of a disappointment despite being chosen by god to carry his message.

The only way one can see the bible as pro-Jewish is by the fact the stories are mostly about Jews.

>> No.19926538

>>19925611
>And he answering, said: I was not sent but to the sheep that are lost of the house of Israel. - Matthew 15:24

A question arises here on that point: How is it that we have come from the Gentiles to the sheepfold of Christ if he was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel? What is the meaning of this puzzling dispensation? The Lord knew why he came—certainly to have a church among all the Gentiles—and he yet said that he was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel? We accordingly understand that he had to manifest in due sequence to that people first the presence of his body, his birth, the display of miracles and then the power of his resurrection. It had thus been predetermined from the beginning, such and such had been foretold and fulfilled, that Christ Jesus had to come to the Jewish people and to be seen and killed and to win for himself those whom he knew beforehand. The Gentiles were not to be condemned but to be winnowed like grain. A multitude of chaff was there, the hidden dignity of grain was there, burning was to take place there, and a storehouse to be filled there. In fact, where were the apostles if not there? Where was Peter? Where were the rest? Sermon
- Augustine of Hippo

>For it hath pleased them; and they are their debtors. For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, they ought also in carnal things to minister to them. - Romans 15:27

In this way the believers among the Jews would rejoice at God’s providential saving of the Gentiles through their ministry. For these Gentiles, by giving themselves completely to the service of God and not caring at all about the things of this world, offered an example of good behavior to believers. Then too, the apostle wants us to be sympathetic and merciful so that we might feel obliged to give alms and to do good works with a willing heart, because whoever hopes for mercy from God must be merciful, in order to prove that he has some reason for his hope. For if a man is merciful, how much more is God! For this is the payment or reward, that those who receive mercy should be merciful. As the Lord said: “Blessed are the merciful, for God will be merciful to them.” Commentary on Paul’s Epistles.
- Ambrosiaster
Read more commentaries from the Douay–Rheims Bible here: https://catenabible.com/mt/1

>> No.19926551

>>19926538
Continuing from here, anons return to tradition and join the one true faith, traditional Latin Rite Catholicism. Read the Douay–Rheims Bible and reject the novus ordo and false religions. Extra Ecclesiam nulla salus. God bless you brothers and sisters.

>> No.19926607

>>19926538
Augustine never answers the question he brings up, how did gentiles get rolled into God's covenant when Jesus was sent only for the jews? Seriously, what is the point of that passage? As far as I can tell it's to overwhelm the reader with assertions they find agreeable until they no longer remember what the original issue was. I have to call this tactic out because I see it all the time from religious writers.

The Ambrosiaster passage doesn't address that the verse says gentiles should give jews material goods. Paul is saying that the gentiles should pay the jews for giving them salvation. He isn't talking about a general principal of charity and mercy. He's talking about a specific interethnic debt.

>> No.19926751

Book of Ruth

>> No.19926878

>>19926441
>I am not sure what your point is here.
Let me clarify what I mean. I was specifically thinking about the time Jesus claims to be God ("I am") in John 8. This is clearly blasphemy. Do I think that anti-blasphemy laws are backwards now, and were backwards during Jesus' time as well? Absolutely, 100%. But that was the law for Jews, and Jesus was a Jew.

What Jesus says here would have been considered the height of blasphemy:

>52 The Jews said to him, “Now we know that you have a demon. Abraham died, and so did the prophets; yet you say, ‘Whoever keeps my word will never taste death.’ 53 Are you greater than our father Abraham, who died? The prophets also died. Who do you claim to be?” 54 Jesus answered, “If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing. It is my Father who glorifies me, he of whom you say, ‘He is our God,’ 55 though you do not know him. But I know him; if I would say that I do not know him, I would be a liar like you. But I do know him and I keep his word. 56 Your ancestor Abraham rejoiced that he would see my day; he saw it and was glad.” 57 Then the Jews said to him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?”
>58 Jesus said to them, “Very truly, I tell you, before Abraham was, I am.” 59 So they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple. (John 8:52-59)

Note that Jesus is addressing "the Jews," and it is "the Jews" who pick up stones to throw at him. This blasphemy (in the eyes of the Jews), comes immediately after these fighting words:

>43 Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot accept my word. 44 You are from your father the devil, and you choose to do your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks according to his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 But because I tell the truth, you do not believe me. 46 Which of you convicts me of sin? If I tell the truth, why do you not believe me? 47 Whoever is from God hears the words of God. The reason you do not hear them is that you are not from God.” (John 8:43-47)

Imagine someone saying those words today. Would you be surprised if the result was a fistfight?

>It's either the case that money changing and selling animals for great profit at marked up prices in the Temple is offensive to God or not.
Right. And in John the cleansing of the temple happens at the *beginning* of the gospel (John 2), as opposed to the *end* of the gospel (Mark 11, Matthew 21, Luke 19). In the synoptics, this is the event that happens right before the chief priests and the scribes start plotting to kill Jesus.

If you read each account of the cleansing, you will find that we are not explicitly told what made Jesus so angry. People *assume* that the merchants must have been charging outrageous prices.

>> No.19927050

>>19926607
>Augustine never answers the question he brings up, how did gentiles get rolled into God's covenant when Jesus was sent only for the jews?
You fool do even read?

>Then Jesus answering, said to her: O woman, great is thy faith: be it done to thee as thou wilt: and her daughter was cured from that hour. - Matthew 15:28

See, brothers, how in this woman who was a Canaanite—who came from the Gentiles and represented a type (namely, a figure of the church)—how her humility is highly praised. Indeed, the Jewish people, as castigated in the Gospel, were puffed up with pride because they were chosen to receive the law, because the patriarchs proceeded from that people, the prophets appeared and God’s servant Moses performed great miracles in Egypt, which we hear about in the Psalms. He led the people through the Red Sea with the waters receding, and he received the law, which he gave to the same people. These were the grounds for extolling the Jewish people. Because of that pride, they were unwilling to respond to Christ the author of humility, the restrainer of swellheadedness, the physician God who, because he was God, became man that as a man he might know himself as man. What great medicine! If this medicine does not cure pride, what could possibly cure it? I do not know. God became a man. He put aside his divinity. That is to say, in a certain measure he kept out of sight—he hid what was his own, while it was evident what he had taken upon himself. He became a man, even though he is God. Yet man does not yet recognize that he is a man, that he is mortal; he does not recognize that he is weak, a sinner, sick, and that being a sick person, he should seek a physician! What is even worse, he sees himself as being healthy! Because of this, that people did not draw near—that is, because of their pride. And they were called from the olive tree—that is, from that people begotten of the patriarchs—broken natural branches (namely, Jews by right, barren in the spirit of pride). And in that olive tree a wild olive shoot was grafted. This wild olive shoot represents the Gentile people. But the apostle says that the wild shoot was grafted into the olive tree but the natural branches were broken. They were broken because of pride; the wild olive shoot was grafted in because of humility. The woman manifested this humility, saying, “Yes, Lord, I am a dog. I desire crumbs.” Jesus found favor also with the centurion, who had this humility. After he asked the Lord to cure his servant, the Lord said, “I will come and cure him.” He responded, “Lord, I am not worthy that you should come under my roof; but only say the word, and my servant will be healed. I am not worthy that you should come under my roof.” He did not receive the Lord under his roof; he received him in his heart. The more humble a person is, the more receptive and full he becomes.

>> No.19927059

>>19925611
You didn't even read the full story of the Syrophoenician woman. You're just a fucking retard.

>> No.19927064

Continuing from here >>19927050
Hills repel water; valleys are filled up. What did the Lord reply, after the centurion said, “I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof”? He said, “Truly, I say to you, not even in Israel have I found such faith”—that is, among those people to whom I have come, “I have not found such faith.” What is the meaning of the word such? So great. In what way great? To say the least, great in humility. “I have not found such faith”: like a grain of mustard seed—the smaller it is, the more potent it is. The Lord therefore grafted the wild olive shoot into the olive tree. He did this when he said, “Truly, I say to you, not even in Israel have I found such faith.”
- Augustine of Hippo

As well as this

Leaving the Scribes and Pharisees and those cavillers, He passes into the parts of Tyre and Sidon, that He may heal the Tyrians and Sidonians; “And Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.”.
Not from pharisaical pride, or the superciliousness of the Scribes, but that Hemight not seem to contravene His own decision, “Go not into the way of the Gentiles.” For He was unwilling to give occasion to their cavils, and reserved the complete salvation of the Gentiles for the season of His passion and resurrection.
He says that He is not sent to the Gentiles, but that He is sent first to Israel, so that where they would not receive the Gospel, the passing over to the Gentiles might have just cause.
And He adds “of the house of Israel,” with this design, that we might rightly interpret by this place that other parable concerning the stray sheep.
Note how perseveringly this Chananaean woman calls Him first “Son of David, "then “Lord,” and lastly “came and worshipped him,” as God.
The Gentiles are called dogs because of their idolatry; who, given to theeating of blood, and dead bodies, turn to madness.
Wonderful are shown the faith, patience, and humility of this woman; faith, that she believed that her daughter could be healed; patience, that so many times overlooked, she yet perseveres inher prayers; humility, that she compares herself not to the dogs, but to the whelps.I know, she says, that I do not deserve the children's bread, and that I cannot have whole meat, nor sit at the table with the master of the house, but I am content with that which is left for the whelps, that through humble fragments I may come to the amplitude of the perfect bread.
And the daughter of thisChananaean I suppose to be the souls of believers, who were sorely vexed by adaemon, not knowing their Creator, and bowing down to stones.
- Jerome

>> No.19927126
File: 205 KB, 777x509, Paul-and-Pete gay degenerates.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

(((Paul the Apostle)))

>Daily reminder: Paul changed his name from Saul (Hebrew name) to Paul (Roman name) for the sole purpose of blending in with the gentiles. He was the first recorded case of a crypto jew.

>Daily reminder: Paul was absolutely a foreign cultural revolutionist who devoted his life to planting the seeds of revolution into the minds of thousands across the Mediterranean and Rome and played a foundational role in the imposition of Judeo Christian values onto Rome and subsequently onto Europe as a whole.

>Daily reminder: Christians were the marxist revolutionaries of antiquity. Christianities only intended end is to weaken the body of whichever group of people is stupid enough to follow it, and to embed itself into the moral foundations of a society like a trojan horse. Then to obfuscate itself under a continuous stream of novel intellectual variations until it inevitably over comes the host and forms a strict doctrine, much like Marxism. The difference between Marxism and Christianity is really only in the implications of the Enlightenment, Marxism is Christianity for people who accept those implications.

>Daily reminder: Christian moral values are weak, thus Europe remained weak while Christianity was allowed to impose itself onto Europe. It wasn't until the protestant reformation (an attack on Christian institutions) that room was made for the enlightenment which culturally eclipsed the entirety of Christian European history in a matter of 100 years. So Jews dreamt up a new kind of Christianity, one which validated the implications of the Enlightenment and like Paul before them they planted the seeds of revolution again into the minds of all those sick and weak individuals and thus the cycle continues. (It's called marxism)

>> No.19927130

>>19926607
>Augustine never answers the question he brings up, how did gentiles get rolled into God's covenant when Jesus was sent only for the jews?
To further add to this point

>Is he the God of the Jews only? Is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also. - Romans 3:29

>And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord, shall be saved. - Acts 2:21

>I the Lord have called thee in justice, and taken thee by the hand, and preserved thee. And I have given thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles: - Isaiah 42:6

>A light to the revelation of the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel. - Luke 2:32

>And he said: It is a small thing that thou shouldst be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to convert the dregs of Israel. Behold, I have given thee to be the light of the Gentiles, that thou mayst be my salvation even to the farthest part of the earth. - Isaiah 49:6

>> No.19927172

>>19927126
Begone rabbi shekelberg, your trickery has no effect here. Take your talmud and slither back to your pit of vipers.

>I know thy tribulation and thy poverty, but thou art rich: and thou art blasphemed by them that say they are Jews and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. - Revelation 2:9

>Behold, I will bring of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie. Behold, I will make them to come and adore before thy feet. And they shall know that I have loved thee. - Revelation 3:9

>For it is not he is a Jew, who is so outwardly; nor is that circumcision which is outwardly in the flesh: - Romans 2:28

>> No.19927178

>>19927172
Jews with agendas commonly aim criticism at other Jews to obfuscate their true intentions. See Marx as an example.

>> No.19927204

>>19925611
The woman Jesus talked to was literally a Canaanite, he was talking about whites and non-whites.

>> No.19927245

>>19925611
>favoring jews
what is Supersessionism?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supersessionism

>> No.19927331
File: 44 KB, 500x500, 7ce.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19925984

>> No.19927412

>>19927126
Paul was a Benjamite not a Jew, you dumb fuck.

>> No.19927497

>>19927412
By far the stupidest post I have ever read on this website.

>> No.19927541

There cannot be anything divine in human beings, Jews otherwise. Human beings are filth. They are not divine beings. Trees are infinitely more godly than demon monkeys. God doesn't exist but if it did, it should be a tree, not a man. It simply cannot be that God's image is that of this disgusting fucking creature that has spread like a disease upon the Earth. Human beings are deceitful demons who lie and lie and lie, the only goodness in them comes out of hard conditioning by fear of either society's retribution, the law, or a God who will punish them. Men are incapable of truly doing good. They are no different than dogs, in fact. They will only do good for a reward like sex or benefits. And they will not act like degenerate murderers because of lack of courage. In fact this is why society has finally come to worship criminals and respect them, because criminals are what people would really love to be. The only differene is that criminals are brave, they do not fear. They have balls whereas other wannabe demons have none. I am hoping every day that I will be alive to witness the world's end in a nuclear apocalypse. Death by fire is the only thing that people deserve.

>> No.19927657

>>19927497
You did not refute my statement. There is not one verse that says St. Paul was a Jew.

>> No.19927696

>>19925722
>Out of context? How dishonest. Both selections are their own self contained segments of the new testament.
You're a fucking dog, you know that? You talk to people who have read the Bible and you say to their virtual faces; "you didn't take it out of context"? You think we're not familiar with the quote? Despicable.

>> No.19927708

>>19927245
I was going to make this exact post, but you beat me to it. Good work.
By continuing to practice the old covenant and refusing Jesus, Jews actively eschew God and will not be saved.

>> No.19927811

>>19927657
The statement you made didn't even make sense. Saul of Tarsus was a Jew, this isn't a debatable fact.

>> No.19928212

>>19927708
His whole point is that the Bible heavily suggests that Jews that become Christians are special and dear to god, compared to gentile Christians. I've seen at least 7 posts in this thread misunderstanding that as if on purpose

>> No.19928250

>>19925718
>read the bible
>realise that the cultural idea of Jesus isn't really supported in the text

I'm not some kind of epic deus vult larper who only knows the passages about Christ bringing a sword and flipping the table but Jesus was a profoundly troubled, edgy, and sarcastic man, while also being very generous and kind.

For example in the gospel of mark before Jesus walks on water he watches his disciples struggle to row against the fierce storm and when he walks across intends to avoid them entirely and pass to the other side.

When he curses the fig tree in a rage

in Mark when his disciples fall asleep he tells them to sleep the endless sleep.

In John 11 Jesus learns that Lazarus is sick but waits two days for him to die before setting out, in verse 33 the greek is enebrimesato to pneumati kai etaraxen eauton which is usually translated in many different ways to avoid the truth, this means "to snort with rage". Translators are clearly biased in how they translated this verse. an accurate transaltion would be something like "he snorted angrily and was troubled in spirit".

In John 18 when the soldiers come to arrest him and ask him who he is he boldly proclaims that he is god so that they stagger backwards and fall to the ground

In John 2 when he turns water into wine he snaps at mary.

Also Peter is a dumbass and an asshole, if you know the greek you see in John 21 he still doesn't get it and mixes up agape and phileo, he denies Jesus and literally curses (Mark 14:66) Jesus (again often dishonestly translated by many translators). He's literally Jesus's worst disciple after Judas

basically a lot of what people think about Jesus is just "tradition" (whether it be holy or not) and he's a much more interesting and dynamic figure in the text, not some random hippie. He was very scared and stressed out from knowing his fate.

>> No.19928274

>>19927811
Man, your stupidity knows no bounds.

Philippians 3:5
Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

Romans 11:1
I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

Humble yourself.

>> No.19928603

>>19925611
Christianity is (((rules))) for playing pretend for thee not for me

>> No.19928909

>>19927657
There also isn't a verse saying you're mom's a hoe but....do I need one?

>> No.19929502

>>19928250
There's also that part where he makes a scourge out of rope and whips the merchants out of the temple.

>> No.19930218

>>19928250
This. Jesus actually says a lot of weird shit in the gospels. But hardly anyone actually reads them... so people believe the "tradition" that Jesus was just a chill, compassionate dude.

>> No.19930398

>>19925629
>>19925884
The thread ended with these two posts.

>> No.19930418

>>19925611
Does your rejection of Christianity really come from racial anxiety over Jews? It's so pathetic.

>> No.19930457

>>19928274
You managed to top you first post itt and again write the stupidest comment I have ever read on 4chan. Is your IQ under 100 or are you just a dishonest Jew trolling?

>> No.19930546

>>19930418
Have you fulfilled your obligation to bless Jews with material blessings? If not, why aren't you following the apostle's teachings?

>> No.19931663

>>19928250
>>19929502
>>19930218
I'm not sure what the meaning of pointing out "edgy" Jesus is. I know that a lot of people misunderstand his true character (primarily because they've never read the Bible), but you don't have to go digging around in the New Testament for it. Jesus is God, the same as the "God of the Old Testament". The same God who brought pestilence and war to nations, the same God who said things such as:

>“There is no peace,” says the Lord, “for the wicked.”
>Behold, it is written before me: “I will not keep silent, but I will repay, yea, I will repay into their bosom their iniquities and their fathers’ iniquities together, says the Lord; because they burned incense upon the mountains and reviled me upon the hills, I will measure into their bosom payment for their former doings.”
>From new moon to new moon, and from sabbath to sabbath, all flesh shall come to worship before me, says the Lord. “And they shall go forth and look on the dead bodies of the men that have rebelled against me; for their worm shall not die, their fire shall not be quenched, and they shall be an abhorrence to all flesh.”
>, “How long will this people despise me? And how long will they not believe in me, in spite of all the signs which I have wrought among them? I will strike them with the pestilence and disinherit them, and I will make of you a nation greater and mightier than they.”
>And your children shall be shepherds in the wilderness forty years, and shall suffer for your faithlessness, until the last of your dead bodies lies in the wilderness.
>You have never heard, you have never known, from of old your ear has not been opened. For I knew that you would deal very treacherously, and that from birth you were called a rebel. “For my name’s sake I defer my anger, for the sake of my praise I restrain it for you, that I may not cut you off. Behold, I have refined you, but not like silver; I have tried you in the furnace of affliction. For my own sake, for my own sake, I do it, for how should my name be profaned? My glory I will not give to another.

When God said these things, by extension Jesus Christ said them as well.

>> No.19932005
File: 5 KB, 250x250, baruch-spinoza.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19925611
Didn't Spinoza destroy that narrative?

You read Spinoza, right anon?

>> No.19932613

And one can't forget the ultimate verbal smackdown our Lord laid upon the Juden when accused of his fatal crime.

"If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day?"

Note the use of language Jesus makes a man "every whit whole" in contrast to the Jewish mutilation of circumcision.

>> No.19933008
File: 93 KB, 1024x730, Suicide Pod.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19930457
You sodomite communist kike shills need to euthanize yourself. Get in the pod.

>> No.19933070
File: 611 KB, 601x567, 76-764960_transparent-pepe-laugh-hysterical-pepe.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19933008
>Christian
>Calling anyone a kike