[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 1.88 MB, 288x288, 29qihir.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1991729 No.1991729 [Reply] [Original]

"representing" and "holding down" street corners they don't even own?

Everytime I see black guys on TV, or hear their "rap" music, they are always hollering into the camera or mic about "representing son for the A1A 718 (whatever that means). You know what it is, how we be. We holding it down, err' day all day, you know how we do."

I can't help but think, that the street is city owned and paid for by the state. I've noticed the opposite effect in white people, Asian people, middle eastern people, we usually represent our Universities and Families.

>> No.1991730

Since this is /lit/, I will simply tell you to read "Tally's Corner: A Study of Negro Street-Corner Men" by the distinguished sociologist Professor Eliot Liebow.

I think it won the Pulitzer or something.

>> No.1991731

this new tripfag is, as expected shit.

move along or sage, people, nothing to see here.

>> No.1991747

Jesus, like we don't have enough tripfags.

>> No.1991751

i dont know op why do failures need to troll on the internet

>> No.1991752
File: 9 KB, 301x292, eastwood.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>white people usually represent Universities and Families.

The street they're representing is generally the street they grew up on--everyone they've ever known, generally, lives in their neighborhood. They're representing their families and whatever else in the same manner as the whites and asians you mentioned--they just have different terminology for it.

Are you really so stupid that you couldn't make that connection yourself? Do you really think that they're, what, attempting to secede from the rest of the city or something? You're fucking dumb, OP.

>> No.1991755

Huggy if you're gonna be a tripfag troll, you need to have a consistent personality. Otherwise even /lit/, the most easily trolled board on 4chan, will catch on and refuse to take you seriously.

Look at Quentin. He STILL makes people angry, and he's hilarious while doing it. Y'know why? because he came up with a character and STUCK WITH IT.

>> No.1991762

>>1991729
>"representing" and "holding down" street corners
It's because of drugs

>> No.1991786

ITT: New tripfag flopped.