[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 60 KB, 850x400, Hegel.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19906589 No.19906589 [Reply] [Original]

To tolerate vice within others is to tolerate vice within yourself because the universe is your (extended) self. Precisely because of this, conquest is a spiritual imperative. Which authors share this sentiment?

>> No.19906598

>>19906589
Pythagoras says to be harsher on yourself than others.

I suppose it's the difference between the priest and the warrior.

>> No.19907062

>>19906589
>To tolerate vice within others is to tolerate vice within yourself because the universe is your (extended) self
This premise involves the questionable assumption that sin actually inheres in and taints the self as colors might inhere in and stain a white cloth, as well as the assumption that it is the self which is the agent who acts.

> "The actions (karmāṇi) are performed (kriyamāṇāni) completely (sarvaśas) by the qualities (guṇaiḥ) of Prakṛti (prakṛteḥ). One who is deluded and bewildered (vimūḍha-ātmā) by (his) ego (ahaṅkāra) thinks (manyate): 'I (aham) (am) the doer (kartā... iti)'"
Bhagavad-Gita 3.27

>> No.19907076

I thought Alexander was well on his way to becoming a debauched Eastern despot by the time of his assassination by Greek patriots?

>> No.19907091

>>19907076
Alexander was the original WMAF poster

>> No.19907392

>>19907062
imteresting. thusly if I am not really the doer there is no sin, no fault and no shame. So i can literally do whatever because it is not really me but actually Prakṛti that is acting through me

>> No.19907395

>>19906598
Another reason to hate him

>> No.19907462

>>19907392
Romans 7

Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth? For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband. So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God. For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death. But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead. For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death. For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me. Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

>> No.19907468

>>19907462
>thread about the polytheist *squints* pantheist Alexander
>christcucks inevitably starts bible posting
It should have been a religious duty for jannies to expel all Christians from this site.

>> No.19907477

>>19907392
Without proper establishment in yoga, this is still delusion.
>Yogastha kuru karmani
>Establish yourself in yoga and then perform action.
Bhagavad-Gita 2.48

>> No.19907586

>>19907468
lmao seethe. Not even Christian, just read this the other day and the post I replied to reminded me of it. Are you such a brainlet that you can't even appreciate the similarity of ideas from different literary sources? Why are you even on a literature board?

>> No.19907700

>>19907586
No one cares about ur jewish anecdote

>> No.19907769

>>19907392
> So i can literally do whatever because it is not really me but actually Prakṛti that is acting through me
Its not you who is doing things to begin with but it is the non-you doing so. This non-you can do as it pleases, and it will receive the natural consequences thereof whether good or awful. The Gita teaches that people pursuing the path of monasticism and knowledge should retain awareness of the fact of the self as the non-doer, but for people still living as engaged in the world with various obligations the Gita recommends they instead perform karma yoga where one considers oneself as the doer while renouncing attachment to the fruits of ones actions and dedicating those fruits to God. This scheme may not be true at the highest level, but it’s much more practical for someone with possessions, home, family etc and it provides spiritual benefits regardless. And you can have this be part of your sadhana or spiritual practice while still retaining a background knowledge that at the higher level you are not really the doer, having the simultaneous knowledge of this doesn’t eliminate the benefits of karma-yoga.

>> No.19907806

If the universe is your extended self, then conquest is meaningless.

>> No.19908142

>>19907806
Worse, it’s detrimental.
“Civilization” is a lie.

>> No.19908680

>>19907076
Christcuck historical revisionism, they were and are mad as hell that Alexander was the greatest man to ever live and a literal faggot pounding Hephaestion each night.

It's the usual cope for schizophrenic christcucks who want to glorify Greek culture and take credit for it, but only parts of it.

>> No.19908870

>>19906589
The prophet Muhammad one would think

>> No.19908929

>>19908142
Maybe if your skin is brown.
Civilization is the extension of the Aryan spirit. Only Aryans possess the creative spirit to build and discover, hence other "peoples" have only created their civilizations by following suit, even then they can hardly touch what it really means.
Civility in a man is a higher virtue among others. Civility is an intrinsic willingness to cooperate with his fellows to ease the struggles of life for the whole of the group.
When is the last time you saw a subsaharan get along with even his own kind when not forced to at gun point?
What is instinctually known by Aryans as the path of further enlightenment is only a force of habit to others who were made to mimic it.

>> No.19908981

>>19908929
The Aryans weren't pantheists bro

>> No.19908992

>>19908981
Sorry are you talking about the jewish version of "aryan" where theyre brownoids ?
Because as an Aryan myself I can assure you that we believe in whatever we want, and coincidentally that is often what is the most logical.
>inb4 christianity isnt logical!!1!
Dont care.

>> No.19908999

>>19908929
Aryan.. Lmao. Remember that 'aryans' were living in mud huts while the civilization was thriving in the middle east

>> No.19909033

>>19908999
post hands

>> No.19909035

>>19908992
What? I don't know what you're trying to say. I don't know which Jews are going around saying the PIE people were brown. Anyway, the reason they conquered was because they had a warrior culture, not because of some weird pantheist obligation like what OP thinks you should do. Why bring up Christianity? That's not pantheistic.

>> No.19909097

>>19909033
Only a few genes select for skin tone, hair color, and eye color. Why would the skin tone of his hand matter? Fair featured Middle Easterners still cluster with their darker skinned brothers on PCA autosomal DNA plots, and likewise, swarthy Euros still cluster with other Euros on PCA autosomal DNA plots. Race is not skin deep, and it's better to do autosomal tests to determine race.
Also, Middle Easterners have a complex cultural legacy, and I think Jews are the ones promoting animosity for ulterior geopolitical objectives. I would agree that Europeans were at the top during 17 to early 20th centuries, but I think technological "progress" has culminated in being largely negative and is devastating this world. Most old-growth forests are gone and the oceans are heavily polluted now...

>> No.19909123

>>19906589
How did he understand that well enough to state it, and then fail so badly to avoid miscegenation among his people? You can't avoid the vices of conquered people you live among.

>> No.19909127

>>19909035
Reread >>19908929
and stop being a roundabout faggot, its like you didnt even take a moment to see what it said and just assumed it was some theistic viewpoint.

>> No.19909138

>>19909097
>I think Jews are the ones promoting animosity for ulterior geopolitical objectives
Post your fucking hands swarthoid, non-Aryans are not permitted to speak on the thoughts and beliefs of Aryans or their culture.

>> No.19909141

>>19908999
Ironically the Aryans weren't and the Semites were living in literal mudhuts up until... Well, actually, most Semites still are living in literal mudhuts.

>> No.19909145

>>19909138
I have light skin, but I am not going to post my hands to a Jew LARPing a white man. I know how you kikes operate. I am getting sick and tired of you Jews and your use of complex tactics of deception.

>> No.19909162

>>19909123
You misunderstand. Alexander was divine. The Greeks held to the theory of telegony, wherein a person was the result of the heredity of their fathers. A man could have multiple fathers, however, resulting from multiple men cumming in the same woman. Alexander was thus half Zeus half Philip and ZERO Olympia (his mother). The woman is purely a receptacle for the growth of the man's seed.

Alexander's plan was to create a global noble-race that would rule over the world. Of course that would involve his people miscegenating with Persians. He'd have to do so in order to maximize the total amount of virtue (which comes from divine blood). This makes more sense when you remember that is not one "Persian people" but rather numerous Iranic groups. Alexander wasn't planning on having the Greeks as a whole miscegenate with "the Persians", rather he'd have his noble clan breed with their noble clan, and the peasants would remain separated. After all, the Persians too had to be ruled by men of divine ancestry, as how else could the Persians have leaders?

>> No.19909217

>>19907700
>The Book of Romans
>Jewish

>> No.19909288

>>19909145
>I have light skin
>still a nigger

>if I call him a jew then I win
Sure thing "light skin"

>> No.19909320

>>19909288
I mean, a lot of non-Euros have light skin, you divisive and stupid Jew. It doesn't mean anything in a racial sense. You're very persistent and waited hoping I can leave in order to get the final word for your social engineering project.

>> No.19909432

>>19909320
Holy fuck your insufferable you little brownoid, you think this is some kind of expirement? No you fucking mutt. Your just trying to detract from the fact that you arent white, calling me a kike isnt going to change that, nothing you do will change the fact that you will never be white.
Just say your a pooskin and move on, holy fucking cope batman!

>> No.19909439

>>19909432
>white
I have light skin, but I am not white. One of my cousins have blue eyes and blonde hair. He is not white either. Race is not skin deep.
Autosomal DNA is the best way to determine race.

>> No.19909451

>>19909439
>have
has*

>> No.19909603

>>19909217
Paul nee Saul was a jew, yes. Haven't you ever read the bible?

>> No.19909720
File: 3.20 MB, 3024x4032, PXL_20220211_233622511.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19909138
Here is my hand, you LARPing Jew. Every single Jew, including those who revere them, should be slaughtered in Minecraft. Kourosh made a grave mistake when freeing them from Babylonian captivity. The only good Jew is a dead one in Minecraft. Everyone regardless of the color of their skin who hates Jews is my ally. I don't care if they're dark skinned or fair featured, as long as they hate Jews they are on the right path. I want to dismember Jews, skin them alive, and decorate my room with their carcasses in Minecraft. I would never hunt animals, but if it were legally permissible, I would love to hunt Jews like you and make a necklace out of your grotesque noses in Minecraft. There is no such thing as a good Jew. All Christians and Muslims are equally brainwashed and should put aside their differences and kill the Jews in Minecraft. Hatred of Jews is the highest and most sublime of human truths. Burn their temples in Minecraft, hear the screams of their whorish women in Minecraft, crush the skulls of their children in Minecraft, and eradicate their detestable literature thereby removing all traces of it from history in Minecraft. Every single Jew must be sent to hell where they belong in Minecraft. Absolute irredeemable filth, literal metaphysical abominations. Verily, Kourosh made an error in freeing the Jewish parasites.