[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 18 KB, 400x499, 180033.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19864388 No.19864388 [Reply] [Original]

Where do I start with him and what's his aim?

>> No.19864424

https://www.lenouvelesprit.com/logical-investigations/main

>> No.19865127

>>19864388
> With him
Logical investigations if you are following a course and have someone to help you with him. Otherwise, start with Philosophy as Rigorous Science (the 1910 Logos article), it is short and will give you a good grip of how Husserl himself transcends usual definitions of idealism/realism.
>Where do I start
Descartes, Hume, Kant, Frege (to a lesser degree, don't get fooled by the common vocabulary) and Brentano. You should also read on the history of Brentano's School and the Circles that Husserl himself started, as he constantly interacted with dozens of other philosophers.
>what's his aim?
To offer a proper foundation to science through an exegesis of consciousness. His research will quickly lead him to abandon all forms of psychologism and seek to establish a science of pure consciousness, that is, of the content of consciousness which has no relation to the empirical.

>> No.19865133

>>19865127
Thanks fren

>> No.19865344

>>19865133
happy to help fren. Don't hesitate to ask questions here, I'm nearly always lurking.
Oh, and if you can find a translation of Gaston Berger's "Le Cogito dans la philosophie de Husserl", the early parts are incredibly useful to dispel the myth of Husserl's "turn".
and a small correction
>>19865127
>Kant, Frege (to a lesser degree, don't get fooled by the common vocabulary)
I initially meant to write the stuff in parenthesis in regards to Kant, but inserted Frege afterwards and didn't realize. However it isn't entirely useless, as Frege's Sense and Reference and Husserl's noesis and noema share many similarities that could lead you to think Husser's are inspired by Frege's, but its been demonstrated they arose completely independently.