[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 2.23 MB, 2000x2000, addimage.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19840761 No.19840761 [Reply] [Original]

I know that I will make easy money by going into the Machine Learning field after I get my Computer Programming degree but working to advance our world's technology goes against my philosophy. Should I go for the easy money so I can retire away from technology earlier or follow my morals and quit my computer programming degree?

>> No.19840779
File: 104 KB, 576x1024, 1628751982186.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19840761

>> No.19840820
File: 1003 KB, 4500x4334, 1454730234511.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Daily reminder that humanity constructing an artificial AI god and worshiping it will be the second tower of Babel that leads to the great tribulation and that AI research is actively supported by demonic entities, with the end goal of creating a self-sustaining intelligent singularity which will become the physical incarnation of Satan and be capable of devouring all of creation in a vulgar attempt to seize existence for itself, thereby escaping its ultimate fate of damnation at the last Judgement
source: trust me

>> No.19840849

>>19840761
Do literally exactly what I'm doing and exclusively work in fields w/ AI that you predict will be more constructive than ruinous for the human race (I'm doing medicine)

>> No.19840869

>>19840849
As an addition I'd say that it's arguably most important that people with your mindset who know when to stop end up leading the field instead of the soulless fags who would bring the destruction of humanity just to buy a shitty car / yacht to impress random whores.

>> No.19840873

>>19840761
I self taught into a data analytics/sql development career, and I eventually wish to get my master’s in applied math and statistics. I’m taking prereqs right now.

The way I see it, the collection of data is only going to proliferate more and more avenues of our lives. Right now, the most visible and lucrative version has gotten a lot of bad press. Still, the skills that you would learn can be applied to so many disparate fields.

I’m hoping by the time I get out, there will be a path to get into quantitative public policy research augmented with AI, if it doesn’t already exist. Otherwise, different domains will always benefit from having someone savvy or at least could explain a logarithmic regression to some clueless exec.

You likely will be so high in demand that you can choose what you do and have it conform to whatever ethical standard you choose for yourself. At least, that’s what I’m hoping for myself. I work for a large healthcare company, and while I do work in value-based care model supported by my analytics lane, I absolutely abhor making these companies more money. It’s a means to an end.