[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 184 KB, 483x470, pepe reading.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19829623 No.19829623 [Reply] [Original]

A little bit of introspection.

>Around 2000, Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka, who hated anime, added an anime forum to Something Awful (SA), naming it Anime Death Tentacle Rape Whorehouse (ADTRW)
> As one SA user who later migrated to the chans wrote, SA "was also home to [a] wide collection of other losers, the third or fourth saddest of which was was the ADTRW crew."
>Young kids were able to grind through tables of equations but then stood listlessly at recess, not comprehending play, asking their teachers what they were supposed to do with themselves. Various studies showed how many of the kids harbored sociopathic thoughts, focused on destroying the system that oppressed them. "In the fifth and sixth grades, when students are near the age of serious test taking, the desires became sinister. One boy said he would "drop atomic bombs all over the world." Another wanted to beat his father. This is what one sixth-grade boy wrote: "I would go to a bank and rob it. I would burn all the money I stole. I want to cut apart a human body with a kitchen knife. I want to set fire to a house. I want to run over about 300 people with a car. If I could do all these, I would have no regrets before dying.""
> A long time ago, if somebody said they really wanted to fuck a pillow with anime on it, if they went out in public and said that, they would be laughed at. There would be some element of shame. They would keep that inside and say, "Well, I want to fuck a pillow with anime on it but I can't tell anybody." But then the internet came along and they could get on a webring or whatever it was back in the day. Go to rec/all/fuckanimepillow or whatever. Then other people would say "I want to fuck anime pillows, too." You had this community of people who were very intent on fucking anime pillows. The typical person does not want to fuck a pillow with anime on it. This, of course, was back when fucking anime pillows was fresh and new.

...Why?

>> No.19829681

>>19829623
>It Came From Something Awful: How a Toxic Troll Army Accidentally Memed Donald Trump into Office

I don't particularly care about trump but this book sounds very bad