[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 55 KB, 500x385, marx_engels2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1979339 No.1979339 [Reply] [Original]

I have been reading some Marx and am starting to see how he uses dialectical materialism to analyse the internal forces in society. However, I find dialectic itself inaccurate and prefer to use Mathematics (for example) instead. I am not saying that using dialectic is wrong, it is just not accurate and does not account for some butterfly-effect-like phenomena.

My question is: what is what I am doing called? What is Marxism with dialectic replaced with mathematical modelling (or whatever) is called?

>> No.1979351

capiltalism, buddy

>> No.1979356

>>1979351
Not true. In fact, capitalism is an economic system whereas I am asking about a theory.

>> No.1979364

marxism adjusted for butterfly effect shit is ideological on-print-only capialism, breh
if you're just looking for the word that defines mathematical dialetic, it's arithmetic

>> No.1979398

>>1979364
Again, that is not what I am asking about!

Marx *analysed* and *explained* some aspects of economics and society using dialectics. What is the theory that does the same type of analysis but using mathematics rather than dialectics?

>> No.1979404

>>1979339
comrade, it's called "analytical marxism"

>> No.1979407
File: 111 KB, 480x359, 1295744409527.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

post-structuralism?

>> No.1979409

itt people who don't know what the dialectic is

except for OP

>> No.1979410

>>1979398
I don't know the degree to which math is used by them, but I do know the Analytical Marxists ("no-bullshit Marxists") basically tried to take the dialectics out of Marx.

>> No.1979421

>>1979398
economics

>> No.1979434

>>1979409

Dialectic (also dialectics and the dialectical method) is a method of argument for resolving disagreement that has been central to Indic and European philosophy since antiquity. The word dialectic originated in Ancient Greece, and was made popular by Plato in the Socratic dialogues. The dialectical method is dialogue between two or more people holding different points of view about a subject, who wish to establish the truth of the matter by dialogue, with reasoned arguments.

Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels proposed that G.F. Hegel had rendered philosophy too abstractly ideal:

'My dialectic method is not only different from the Hegelian, but is its direct opposite. To Hegel, the life-process of the human brain, i.e. the process of thinking, which, under the name of ‘the Idea’, he even transforms into an independent subject, is the demiurgos of the real world, and the real world is only the external, phenomenal form of ‘the Idea’. With me, on the contrary, the ideal is nothing else than the material world reflected by the human mind, and translated into forms of thought.'