[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 157 KB, 1600x1080, 4ad23d8e-0001-0004-0000-000001025314_w1600_r1.4815533980582525_fpx58.59_fpy44.86.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19793294 No.19793294[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Okay anon. After reading all those books, surely you stumbled upon certain truths that people have yet to realize. Most likely, those truths are incredibly contrarian, perhaps insidious, or rather a simple truth squatting in plain sight that people are too busy to realize. So I must ask:
>What important truth do very few people agree with you on?
>Hardmode: no incel-isms or IQ-isms because, while contrarian in public, these are rapidly found every other thread.

>> No.19793315

Widespread literacy is pushed to make mankind easier to propagandize and domesticate. Take back your agency, take the retardpill and refuse to read.

>> No.19793350

nigger dicks are delicious

>> No.19793367

Reincarnation is real

The collective human project is a macrocosm of every individual human being's own duty to reach enlightenment

All the conflicts between technical reason and mystical truth, freedom and determinism, and so on, are only apparent contradictions, and the frustration of not having easy answers to what seem like fundamental paradoxes is what is driving us to develop or discover the answers

Human beings are naturally good, and the way to create good societies is to raise the internal moral character of the basic constituents of that society (people) so that they naturally become capable of higher forms of spontaneous cooperation, NOT finding the best "system" for manipulating badly degraded and wounded people into a bare minimum of forced "cooperation"

It has been so long since we have seen fundamentally happy and healthy humans with fully actualized souls that we can't even conceive of happiness or health anymore, so whenever we ask ourselves a question like "how do we make society work" or "how do we make a good constitution or state," we unconsciously begin from the already broken starting assumption that humans are evil selfish meaningless animals

Even the best intentioned, most morally inclined people can't "see" goodness naturally anymore, and feel instinctively that evil and selfishness are the "default" they have to eternally and hopelessly struggle against on principle

Faith is when you know for a fact that the good and natural is so much stronger than the evil and unnatural that fighting evil doesn't feel hopeless or like a struggle against the "default" bad outcome, but gives you joy because you know the reign of evil is only ever a temporary confusion

>> No.19793373

I don't think I've ever learned anything practical or useful from a book, but I'll try to think of some rare examples
>You can measure anything that has a impact on how you make a decision, if it doesn't impact any decisions, then you can't measure it. That may sound counterinutive but when you remember a measure only has to reduce uncertainty relative to the cost of taking the measure to be a good measure (VOI)
>The only exception are Sheinproblems, you may say "how do we measure online security for our company?" well you don't, online security is a nebulous word, instead you estimate the cost of crises P.R. to your company if there was a high profile hack and the estimated costs of bringing all the hardware and practices up to a higher standard. You can try this method for other nebulous words like "collaboration" or "empowerment" too
>In comedy and tennis, you should always be very conscious of who is doing what to whom. In tennis that means "knowing how and why points are being won and lost. It means knowing what's going on out on the court". In comedy it's the difference between showing a snowball at the beaten old fedora, or the fancy new top-hat. You can relate it back to "man bites dog"
>If you're at a restaurant with people and don't know what to order, order what the (second) fattest male at the table does. Fatties know good food.
>Tell people about your successes and skills, because other wise, how will they know? No body else is going to be your cheerleader, you have to do it yourself
>Don't ask experts or people you trust for their opinions, instead ask them their train of thought and the reasoning for how they reached that opinion. Then try and formularize that chain of reasoning and stress-test it. If it you can apply it to different situations and it gives truthful predictions - then you've just learned something. Asking for opinions and getting conclusions don't teach you anything

>> No.19793384

Philosophy is for people who would otherwise be poets but who can't bridge the gap between intellectual detachment and spreading your asshole open for the reader to crawl inside.

>> No.19793386

>>19793385

>> No.19793394

Mathematics and literature are the same thing.

>> No.19793401
File: 22 KB, 315x450, f6cf0d2717f8251890c4b76175ce9fc6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>If truth is what you seek, then the examined life will only take you on a long ride to the limits of solitude and leave you by the side of the road with your truth and nothing else.

>> No.19793406
File: 447 KB, 1440x810, 1400125802543.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Thiel or Thiel-related media

>> No.19794936

It pains me to think that Peter Thiel is sapping all the german intellect into some california gay dungeon like how he got ex austrian PM Kurz to come join him as some advisor shit.
Like wtf is this dude on about? his books are so trite.

>> No.19796189

Reality is just a state of mind

>> No.19796261

>>19793394

Holy shit, it's hilarious how misguided you are.

>> No.19796304

>>19793294
So we all know the left are a bunch of subversive queers and jews, but turns out the right are just the ones who think the other ones are going too far and feel the need to do something before the suckers... i mean the good american people figure out what the hell has been going on.

>> No.19796321

>>19793294
>>What important truth do very few people agree with you on?
The world is fundamentally unsalvageable on a metaphysical, ontological level. There is no soteriology for the world, only for individuals. The rest is to be completely discarded as it is pure evil.

>> No.19796328

The zeitgeist of modernity is defined by incompetence and accident. Individuals and corporate boards can lay plans and take action, but everyone is so insignificant in the grad scheme of things that their impact on the world will only marginally change things. It is the culmination of these fuck ups that result in the suffering of the human condition. Nothing we can do will change the world as a whole, but everybody changes at least a little bit. No ism will take such root to the minds of man that they will work in unison.

>> No.19796348
File: 57 KB, 500x545, images (2).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19796304

>> No.19796740
File: 89 KB, 960x789, 1642622041560.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19793367

That is a very good post, anon.

>Faith is when you know for a fact that the good and natural is so much stronger than the evil and unnatural that fighting evil doesn't feel hopeless or like a struggle against the "default" bad outcome, but gives you joy because you know the reign of evil is only ever a temporary confusion

This is a truth that was surprised to find a warm home in my heart when I was born. My whole life has been a struggle to find others who have the ability to house faith in goodness. I often lay in bed considering suicide when the despair is at its peak, trembling in the face of evil.

>Even the best intentioned, most morally inclined people can't "see" goodness naturally anymore, and feel instinctively that evil and selfishness are the "default" they have to eternally and hopelessly struggle against on principle

Mockery is a cope that frees you from the burden of Goodness. Mockery is the most powerful tool of evil, and it is one that slithers its way into our hearts because it is attractive. Cynicism in its modern form is a tool of Death. All our current culture is centered on mockery, and sincerity is a vulnerable child. It takes guts to be sincere, because you will be made a fool of.

>> No.19796767

>>19793294
perspectivism / non-sopilsism is unimaginable and undefinable. The same is true of time and of materiality.

>> No.19796774

>>19793294
There is no such thing as raw empirical experience. It's a mythology promulgated by narrow-minded scientists who don't know the first thing about philosophy. In reality, we have a bunch of immaterial innate ideas that we use to interpret the empirical data that we gather from the senses. Take the example of Similarity. If I have a blue teapot and a blue lamp, I cannot recognise the similarity between them and between all things which share in "blueness" if I only have my senses. Indeed, my senses can only give me one blue surface and another blue surface; the association of the two is an action of the mind. This action occurs because our souls interact with the immaterial Form of Similarity.

>> No.19796801

That posts and viewpoints like these
>>19793367
>>19796740
aren't really and actually about their arguments and conclusions, but are really indirect justifications for some kind of desired subjugation of an Other. One of them is a racist, the other a sexist, etc.

>> No.19796803

>>19793367
>Human beings are naturally good, and the way to create good societies is to raise the internal moral character of the basic constituents of that society (people) so that they naturally become capable of higher forms of spontaneous cooperation, NOT finding the best "system" for manipulating badly degraded and wounded people into a bare minimum of forced "cooperation"
>It has been so long since we have seen fundamentally happy and healthy humans with fully actualized souls that we can't even conceive of happiness or health anymore, so whenever we ask ourselves a question like "how do we make society work" or "how do we make a good constitution or state," we unconsciously begin from the already broken starting assumption that humans are evil selfish meaningless animals
It's amazing, because after I read the first paragraph I immediately realized the second before reading it.

>> No.19796817
File: 441 KB, 1575x918, 1641845781444.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19793294
Women are worthless whores and learning how to avoid them completely is the most powerful lifehack available.

>> No.19796825

>>19796774
>If I have a blue teapot and a blue lamp, I cannot recognise the similarity between them and between all things which share in "blueness" if I only have my senses. Indeed, my senses can only give me one blue surface and another blue surface; the association of the two is an action of the mind.
Wrong. Their equality in blueness is true or not regardless of any "activity of the mind". A pretty elementary error.

>> No.19796828

>>19796348
>DMV workers, garage owners, and street venders own Hollywood.
>Movies are too abstract!
Don’t post this bullshit here. Everyone knows they corner the control of the media markets. Through the mechanism of capital accumulation, of course.

>> No.19796839

>>19796825
You're talking about whether it is true. I'm talking about how we know it's true. We don't know it through the senses, is my conclusion. A pretty elementary misreading.

>> No.19796853

Suffering is a blessing in disguise

>> No.19796855

It’s perfectly fine to love a person that you mostly made up in your mind

Some people feels so deeply wounded by life that they refuse to be happy and will flagellate themselves and others out of spite

Culture should means cultivating your mind to make you wiser/stronger for life, not something that you hang in your mental museum

Philosophy that does not helps you live is pointless, and so called philosophers who have no principles or do not live by them are no philosophers at all.

>> No.19796866

>>19793394
Mathematics and linguistics are the same (at least under a formalist definition), >>19796261 is overreacting or a seething platonist. Applied mathematics and literature are the same, you could argue.

"Mathematics is the language with which God has written the universe" - Galileo

>> No.19796874

Everybody has the same amount of pleasure/pain in their life

>> No.19796879

>>19796874
I like this one, but it's not true.

>> No.19796893
File: 102 KB, 640x644, 1642468126741.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19793401

It takes a certain amount of comfort with loneliness to weather the pain that truth comes with, but you do not have to end up alone. At some point, you'll have to compromise on your absolute truth, but it is not at the expense at truth, rather, at the expense of your ego, for personal truth is a thing we wish to preserve in its entirety. However, fundamental to truth is change, and any attempt to preserve it perfectly will crumble in the face of humanity.

Everything flows, and without water you will wither and die.