[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 377 KB, 773x1034, Steiner_um_1905.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19730649 No.19730649 [Reply] [Original]

Thoughts on Rudolf Steiner

>> No.19730690

>>19730649
Thoughts:
He looked like Jeremy Irons.
I like biodynamic wine but I don't think burying a horn in your field helps crop production.

>> No.19730715

>>19730690
I can't unsee Jeremy Irons now thanks

>> No.19730768

The best of the modern theosophists. How to Know Higher Worlds is good. Or just listen to any lectures from the guy who reads all 50,000 of them:
https://www.youtube.com/c/RudolfSteinerPressAudio/videos

Even if you don't like his esoteric mythology and cosmology of Christ returning in the etheric to overcome the Luciferic and Ahrimanic impulses, he's simply the best at what Blavatsky's Theosophy attempted, plus the best modern representative of German idealism from a mystical and metaphysical point of view. The weirdest elements are the clairvoyant ones, he claimed to have access to the Akashic records, so there's lots of stuff about Atlantis and Lemuria, but if you look past the initial weirdness the metaphysical "occult history" aspect is weirdly deep, with all its twists and turns about what different epochs' soul-levels were capable of comprehending, how and when certain faculties began to awake and their effects, etc.

Even if you don't like any of this at all, he's one of the best modern proponents of philosophical and scientific holism, and just when you think it's all obvious new age shit the Anthroposophy crowd will say something that shows it's an integral worldview with many layers. Now that medical scientism is coming under more fire, a lot could be gained by studying Steiner's attempt at holistic medicine, biology, and science in general.

>> No.19730815

>>19730649
What he said about nonphysical entities that feed on fear and pain is true. This thread delves into the subject: >>>/x/30722108

>> No.19730853

>>19730768
For weeks, I've been binge-watching that exact YouTube channel. It's pretty intriguing how deep some of the lore he discusses goes. I'm probably to keep binging it since I have nothing better to do.

>>19730815
I believe this