[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 526 KB, 1636x2000, Edvard_Munch_-_Eye_in_Eye_-_MM.M.00502_-_Munch_Museum.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19722853 No.19722853 [Reply] [Original]

How do you go about writing a letter to a girl you really care about?

>> No.19722862

wanna smash?

>> No.19722885
File: 1.12 MB, 1400x787, 342.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Dear stupid,

I do not care about you.

>> No.19722908

>>19722853
You can't to keep a healthy balance between being Romantic and cringe.
Just write what you feel but don't go overboard.

>> No.19723223

>>19722853
How about in this thread we write the letter one sentence at a time and you can maybe get inspired

Write out some words that make you think of her qualities

>> No.19723236

>>19722853
Lets write in this thread sentence by sentence and you can maybe be inspired,. Write out a bunch of words that make you think if her .

Dear my dearest dear,

My life I unimaginably better that I know you, and my love for you is true

>> No.19723241

>>19723223
tits

>> No.19723242

destroy all women

>> No.19723327

Hey pig,

You make me sick. The happiest moment of my day is when the door clicks shut behind me and I immediately purge every thought of you and until I walk to the shitty car you made me buy and I am reminded of you again I am free. I live for that five minute walk every day where I can pretend you do not exist and I never met you, five minutes because you wanted to live on this shitty street with no parking so you could have a patio you never use. I guess everything has a silver lining. Everything except you, pig. As I drive to work I picture you "working" from home and taking two "breaks" of 3 hours each to walk to the grocery store and spend 80% my money 20% your money on four more gigantic candles that smell like chemical piss. Don't research how to get cheaper candles or anything. That $16 "Live Laugh Love Lavender Daydream" candle was made in Vietnam by a feeder company that also labels the same candle "Purple Candle" in the normal department store for people in our income bracket so with five seconds of research you could have spent $4 instead of $16 of mostly my money. But that's okay. You add so much to my life with your inability to cook and wearing the same dirty socks and dirty old lady slippers two days in a row while "working" from home that I don't even mind spending all our savings on Vietnamese candles. That's why when I'm driving to work and I see your McDonalds bags still on the passenger side floor with smashed fries on the mat I will have to clean later I feel my blood pressure rising like a column of mercury in a thermometer about to explode. That's why my eyes bulge and widen in rage and despair when I get a mid-day text because I know it's from you, and I know it's going to be stupid, or a request for more stupid shit you don't need, on my already painful commute home. I don't wish for death anymore, because I know you would find some other man and inflict yourself on him. My one solace in life is that I have contained you in this nightmare matrix with me so you can't drag anyone else down. I will drive the McDonalds car, I will see my hours of work drained away from my bank account four candles at a time, I will scrape the mashed fries out of the rubber mat and throw them in the gutter, I will come home to a stupid pig every day and listen about how the biddies on Zoom can't stop fighting over something the other biddies did over email, I will do it all, because somewhere out there is a man who doesn't have to do it instead. I hate you pig, but I will contain your evil and drag you down to hell with me.

Sincerely,
your husband

PS. Yes, I will pick up your chips, but please stop telling me how this fits into "breaking keto" and when and how and why you intend to remain on keto. I don't care.

>> No.19723335

>>19723236
>Dear my dearest dear,
>My life I unimaginably better that I know you, and my love for you is true

From the moment I first saw you I felt the angels sing and heavens open, your face fit in my heart and nestled it's ideal into my soul

There is nothing I'd rather do then spend all my moments near you, to hold your hand is to win the lottery, to look in your eyes is to prove the existence of God

Your smile is the reason humanity trudges on,

In life I used to think i needed this or that to make me happy but now I know forever I only need you

>> No.19723345

>>19723327
This is what a real life relationship is like, sadly

>> No.19723381

>>19723345
>>19723327
And some of that negativity can be avoided by a little honest communication? As hard is it may be?

Man up:. I am really stressed at work and it's hard with the money, hey did you know you can get the same candle cheaper here? Hey can you please be more careful when eating in the car I don't like to clean this.

But yes there's a chance she will be like, ew you care about saving 10 dollars ew you are cheap and not the manly man I like

>> No.19723385
File: 441 KB, 1575x918, 1630935033022.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19723327

>> No.19723431
File: 68 KB, 890x839, 1623089043279.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19723327
10/10

>> No.19723440

>>19722853
I've been told I'm good at this. I usually just sit alone in a comfortable room with a pen and paper, play some music that tends to amplify my emotions and just write from the heart. The most important factor is to be honest and vulnerable, but what differentiates a sweet letter from a beautiful one she will keep forever is, imo, creativity. In the old days this achieved through flowery and intricate language, but I think this is perceived as cringe these days. The trick for this short attention-span age is a flashy gimmick, some kind of inside joke you have with the girl or a theme she might enjoy. Alternatively, you can experiment with multimedia letters; glue pictures on or have accompanying audio. Ultimately, the goal is to show her you care and you put effort in it.

>> No.19723498

>>19723381
How can one be so oblivious to not know or see those things though?

>> No.19723542

>>19723345
I wouldn’t know. I’ve never had a relationship because I’ve been having fun without one. Where is the fun in commitment and structure? Perhaps if you know what you want, you have grounds to enter a relationship. But the unpredictability of not making any pacts with a person lets you be free. Perhaps I am too young to understand this well, but many young people I see in relationships seem to like following a script. That is their choice, but there are so many potential experiences when every choice is your own.

>> No.19723597

>>19723498
It doesnt matter, may the mind losing stress carrying whining male deserve his state lest he sticks up for himself and politely speaks his mind

>> No.19723621

>>19723597
I don't deny that way of being. I'm speaking about the child that can't see what they're doing to the one they're in a relationship with.

>> No.19723725

>>19722853
It's all about quantity and consistency. If your girl wants sentimentality, she'll go buy a Hallmark card or a romance novel. What you're trying to do is letting her know that you're thinking about her *without explicitly writing that down*, because choosing to send mail is an inherently sentimental act. Then you get her thinking about you (what should I write him? when will he send me another letter?) in return.

You need to ask her if you can send her letters, both because you need her address and because it's weird to just start sending someone letters these days. Ideally, you are also far away and so have a legitimate reason to use the postal service.

Once you're past those hurdles, just let your imagination run wild. Postcards, stationary, greeting cards? Send them all. Try out new pens. Write from anywhere. A few sentences from somewhere she's never been are fun to read. Draw something stupid. Send a small package.

When she sends a letter back with "XO" or "I put your letters up in my room/desk/office", you're in.

t. done this twice with two different girls and had a blast.

>> No.19723737

>>19723621
If a relationship is not fundamentally built on ease of honest communication it is hardly a relationship at all, or not one that can be expected to be harmonious as may be desired

>> No.19723746

>>19723737
I agree. But actions convey more than words.

>> No.19723836

>>19723746
The guys complaining about 10$ candles, she probably doesn't know she can get them cheaper andor she probably watches reality tv and has seen Instagram and is aware of all the guys that drop thousands on their girls all the time like it's nothing

I have known plenty of people with messy cars, I have always been able to easily look past it. Maybe there are you things he does that gets in her nerves, maybe she has stress and anxiety that make it hard for her to clean.

Is the McDonald's on floor an often or one time thing

Also it's common for husband and wife ti share bank account

Also it's common for some girls to be very messy

>> No.19723951

>>19723836
Oh I don't deny that we don't have all of the information to that dudes story. I would bet it's at least almost a certainty that he gave us the bits that would make us take his side.

>> No.19724746

>>19723725
How do I get over how gay it is? I always have this problem with women. I understand the idea of "letting them know I'm thinking about them" but it's so fucking gay. I feel like I'm playing stuffed animal tea party with a little girl.

>> No.19724750

>>19723223
>her
A-anon... I....

>> No.19725112

>>19724746
Then just write truly purely how you really feel about her:

Ooga booga, Mee pee pee in your poo poo now good, I got you meat, my pee pee now, here is bone for necklace, you make me feel good my pee pee

>> No.19725146

>>19723327
I’ve had two relationships and both ended horribly. Looking back, I don’t feel any of this about them at all. I know my father would never say this to my mom, or their fathers to my grandmothers. Maybe the issue is something in you? You are the one who engaged this woman (as it’s portrayed) yet you hate her. In your head, this is less a crime than spending $16 on candles or leaving a bag in the car. If these are the reasons you’re so distraught then you’re a psycho. Everything about this post is awful. I can’t imagine anyone relishing it besides actual anal retentive psychos or inkwells.

>> No.19725168

>>19725146
>my father would never say this about my mom
that's because your a woman. men complain about women. it's a tale as old as time sweetheart. and don't act like women don't complain about men to women. you might be able to get away with this lie to kissless virgins, but i've been around the block a time or two, and know how women behave around women.

>> No.19725173

>>19725146
Roastie

>> No.19725245

>>19722853
You' might as well start with the most memorable part of the relationship:

>"Death will come and have your eyes
Death will come and have your eyes -
this death that accompanies us
from morning to night, sleepless,
deaf, like an old remorse
or an absurd vice. Your eyes
will be a vain word
a silent cry, a silence.
So you see them every morning
when you bend over yourself
In the mirror. O dear hope
that day we too will know
that you are life and you are nothingness.

For everyone death has a look.
Death will come and it will have your eyes.
It will be like quitting a vice,
like seeing in the mirror
like seeing a dead face re-emerge,
like listening to a closed lip.
We will descend into the whirlpool mute."

>> No.19725271

>>19723327
Imagine getting angry over $12 or the half minute it takes you to clean the passenger floor well. Seems like you two are a perfect match.

>> No.19725294

>>19723327
Saw the wall of text and was ready to shit on an incel but it actually made me kek. I mean still kinda incel-ish but funny and rooted in a bit of truth none the less

>> No.19725358

>>19723327
drive the mcdonalds car you bitch

>> No.19725361

>>19725271
https://youtu.be/0g9_wfkYjfo?t=30

>> No.19725421

>>19724746
>how gay it is
>with women
Anon, I…

>> No.19725691

>>19725421
He means in the feelsy weelsy expressing emotions way obviously...

>> No.19726202

>>19722908
>>19723440
>>19723725
>>19725691
how am i doing so far, anons?

Dear anonette,
I’ve never written a real letter to anyone before, so please excuse any clumsiness or aimlessness in what you read. Also, please ignore the fact that our proximity makes my delivery of this letter to you by hand easier than using the postal service, and kinda invalidates the whole point of letter writing. I say that partially as a joke and partially with a straight face, as I think writing to you will allow me to communicate what I’m either too moony or too slow to say in person. Or maybe writing allows me to say things that, to me, simply don’t make sense in speech. Anyway, I’ll stop trying to justify this letter and instead get to its emotional heart – however, I feel I must first note that I don’t wish to instill in you a sense of obligation to write a letter in reply if this experiment of mine turns out to be no fun or antiquated or otherwise fails.

>> No.19726248

>>19726202
>stop trying to justify this letter
That you should

>> No.19726264

>>19726248
Should I start over?

>> No.19726384

Fuck I was just thinking about writing a letter to my ex, should I anons?

>> No.19726429

>>19726384
Did u ever write her before?

>> No.19726444

>>19726202
Yes, make it less apologetic first of all and more about her/you and her

>> No.19726451

>>19726444
But should a first letter be so intense?

>> No.19726517

>>19723327
Dear married guy,

My guess is you let your wife decide everything in your married life, from what car to buy to what part of the city you should live in, just so you can blame your own mediocrity and incompetence on her for the rest of your life. By the time you realized the scope of your failure in life while flipping burgers in your late 20s, it was already too late to go back to blaming your parents, so you found an easy substitute in a woman whose only quality seems to be that she has a willpower greater than yours.

You should have grown some balls and took control of your life while you could. But it's not too late for you to at least take responsibility for your own actions or passivity and stop playing a victim of a middle aged woman like an infantile pussy.

I hope you get your life back on track,
Jesus

>> No.19726537 [DELETED] 

>>19726202
its good but i would remove everything after "anyway ill stop trying to justify blalaba" and get right to the point. i dont know what i think about the telling her not to feel obliged to answer, because on one hand it makes you come across as less demanding, and she will feel obliged to answer regardless, because of common courtesy. on the other hand women like an assertive man. and it is written is very formal, you should make it more casual and personal so as to not come across as trying way too hard to sound intelligent.
as for the emotional part you have to be as honest as possible. talk about her appearance at a minimum, since you are writing a letter im guessing you want her to feel emotionally appreciated. if you cant think of anything to say about her personality then you probably shouldnt be writing her a letter.
for the love of god dont mention tits or ass
t. f*male

>> No.19726581

>>19726202
its good but i would remove everything after "anyway ill stop trying to justify blalaba" and get right to the point. i dont know what i think about the telling her not to feel obliged to answer, because it makes you come across as less demanding, and she will feel obliged to answer regardless, because of common courtesy. on the other hand women like an assertive man. and it is written is very formal, you should make it more casual and personal so as to not come across as trying way too hard to sound intelligent.

>>19724746
its unavoidable, you are going to have to be emotionally vulnerable in order to even send this. simply tell her what aspects of her personality it is you appreciate. women love being told how theyre pecieved, the positive and the negative. you have to be as honest as possible. talk about her appearance at a minimum, since you want her to feel emotionally appreciated. tell her that you think about her.
i think writing a letter is a good idea to let her know that you really care about her and that you are not only after sex, because its hard to tell these days

>> No.19726611

>>19725168
I sort of agree but at the same time, that anon isn't complaining he is describing ultimate hatred and bitterness
80-year-old Johnny making a joke about his old lady is different from millenial partners who secretly want to kill each other

>> No.19726779

>>19725168
>men complain about women
lol only if they are unsuccessful with women.
Also, are you trying to say it's manly to complain, sweetheart?

>> No.19726789

>>19726202
Just write how you feel, stop with the self-depreciation. say how you feel and say it confidently, it will make her feel all gooey inside

>> No.19726909

>>19726429
No I have not.

>> No.19727998

>>19726909
And now is the time to start?

>> No.19728106

>>19727998
Fuck I think so. I hate being in love.

>> No.19728118

>>19726611
I agree that there is a difference. And that those younger people that you speak of, don't get that.
>>19726779
People that are married for 50 years talk smack about their significant other, broheim. No. Complain might not even be the choice word. Perhaps vent, but that's not something you should do to just anybody, in regards about your wife. Or tease her, about the differences of man and woman and how they can be insane. And yes, men have their own absurdities. This isn't an unhealthy thing to do.

>> No.19728451

>>19726202
>self-depreciation

Fastest way to dry up a vagina

>> No.19728627

>>19728451
I'm not him

Dearly beloved,

I feel you know me, even though we've never met. I think I'm just crazy for having removed myself from society for the better part of a decade. When alone with my thoughts, you're the centerpiece. I do unhealthy things to distract me from you. I sometimes even create things to make me hate you, for we can not be together. But you still make your way through. There's no way you can know I exist, but I feel like I affect you ever so, most times for the worse. If this is true, I can't keep doing this to you. Please forget me. But I don't want that. I want to not be with you on the astral plane. I need to be with you in the physical world. I'm tired of this metaphysical relationship. I want to know what love is. I want to be with love forever. But for a short period of time, I want to hold love with my arms, not just my mind. That will feel real to me. I must be insane.

Possibly insane,
Toucan Sam

>> No.19728778

>>19728451
>>19726789
>>19726581
>>19726444
ok how is this

Since I have met you, the world has taken on the quality of a dream. That is, I see and do things that are too wonderful to be explained, and yet I do not ask for explanations. My old self, the one who hasn’t met you, would certainly be asking questions like, “What does this all mean?” and, “Why is this all happening now?” And sometimes these questions do bother me. But, like someone being woken from a pleasant dream, I shoo them away and return to sleep.
I know the “world as dream” analogy is clichéd, but I now see that there is a greater truth to simplicity than I had previously acknowledged. For instance, I never knew the definition of the word “warmth” before, one night as I was walking home from your apartment through a blizzard, I compared my icy state with the comfort of your bed and your arms. Borges wrote something about this which I now see to be true:
“I believe that words must be conquered, lived… Nobody should dare to write ‘outskirts’ without having spent hours pacing their high sidewalks…”

>> No.19729282

>>19728106
Why

>> No.19729570

>>19728778
Are you really OP? This has to be a shitpost. You are talking about fanciful ideas, cliche tropes, and nothing about her specifically which leads me to believe that you haven’t spent any time with this girl at all, and that this is all a bunch of bullshit from the world inside your head, not reality. She and any normal, well-adjusted person will definitely read this and come to the same conclusion, especially since most of the letter is about your own thoughts, and not about her. In that entire word salad you haven’t said a single meaningful thing.

>> No.19729809

>>19722853
If you were in love this would be the easiest thing on the world. Words come very easily, you only need to edit. It will turn out ridiculous anyway, but it really doesn't matter as long as the message comes from the heart and focuses on what you feel about her and/or on your shared experiences.

>> No.19729874

>>19729570
well how does this >>19729570 compare with this >>19726202
also, i think i was trying to convey to her how she has affected me, what she has taught me or something, but i can understand the narcissism in that
but i don't think it would make sense for me to ask about her schooling or work and so on, since i could just ask her that in person
i think writing a letter from such a close proximity would only make sense if it were to convey "fanciful" things which are harder to say in regular speech
if i am to write entirely about her, and not about quotidian things, what should i write? an appraisal of her personality?

>> No.19729910

>>19726581
>that you really care about her and that you are not only after sex, because its hard to tell these days
Partly the fault of woman. And illegality of prostitution

When males hit puberty their bodies tell them the most important thing to do is have sex, and this is more and less unrelenting,

So by women making men jump through so many hoops and many men having a difficulty even getting to that stage, to have sex, men grew tired and annoyed with this, or resented women for the difficulty of having sex, and began to not care about women or see women as women, but only as this difficult game they have to play, like those videos of Crows and stuff who solve complex puzzles for treats.

If men could have sex whenever they wanted sex would not be so overwhelmingly anxious, and man could calm down and return to viewing woman as a human. And not a tricky game one must constantly defeat for a prize

>> No.19729937

>>19729874
You sound like a huge fag who has never talked to or spent time with women and I suggest that you do that first before writing your letter. There’s no other way to help you.

>> No.19729970

>>19729937
Certainly you could help me if you have so much more knowledge than me that you feel comfortable insulting me

>> No.19729999

>>19729874
It just sounds so pretentious, and I despise that word, it sounds so distant, cold and inhuman, like an essay for a teacher,. Like you are trying to impress her with your intelligence, but too hard, and not impressively.

Write the things she makes you feel, write things you hope to do with her,

"Questions like what does this mean"

You really have never encountered any media on the subject of love? Stop feigning ignorance, you know what the feelings mean

Don't try to gain sympathy by saying ' could never imagine my self in love before I met you, as that is what those lines amount to, don't write those words about you, write why those words are true about the things she embodiesnthst make you feel that way.

Does she know whi Borges is and like him?

Really you never knew what warmth was?

The problem is you are trying to be poetic but you are taking all the sweet and sexy and lyrical and whimsy out of the sensual and romantic poetic ideas and means of saying them, and making them dry and boring and long winded,

Then you need to muse like you are a professor : or you are writing a memoir: I believe words should be lived yada yada

I understand you are 18 and posturing like a bird with colorful wings because you need to show some semblance of authority and maturity but still.

Then again maybe this girl is a simple meek dweeb nerd and will love everything you write.

>> No.19730000

>>19729970
He ain't gonna do that. And I thought you had quite few touching things in it. Like how you told he that her embrace warms you long after the moment. And helps you through such stressors as inclement weather.

>> No.19730048

>>19729910
>If men could have sex whenever they wanted sex would not be so overwhelmingly anxious, and man could calm down and return to viewing woman as a human
No, if man could have sex whenever he wanted that would be the only times he would hang out with woman. Besides the rare cases when the woman is actually really smart and cool like a buddy bro, but I guess that would be true love.

>> No.19730057

>>19729999
>You really have never encountered any media on the subject of love? Stop feigning ignorance, you know what the feelings mean
i don't think that i meant i didn't understand love . now that i think about it, i'm not sure what i meant by "what does this mean"
>Don't try to gain sympathy by saying ' could never imagine my self in love before I met you, as that is what those lines amount to, don't write those words about you, write why those words are true about the things she embodiesnthst make you feel that way.
i can't recall having a female friend before her, so i don't think i had a conception of how things would realistically turn out.
i've encountered lots of media about romance before i met her, but i had no personal context so i didn't understand it at all and i ignored it
>Really you never knew what warmth was?
not in this context, no
i realized this as an epiphany
i've realized lots of things as epiphanies, recently
like the saying 'distance makes the heart grow fonder'
when i heard that it would go in one ear and out the other, along with all the other clichés and tropes i've heard
now i see that many of them are true
>you need to show some semblance of authority and maturity but still.
i think i'm doing the exact opposite. i'm trying to communicate to her that she's taught me a lot about life so far
i'm not trying to say i'm mature or i knew this already or something like that
>Like how you told he that her embrace warms you long after the moment. And helps you through such stressors as inclement weather.
i didn't mean to communicate that either
i truly didn't understand the word "warmth" in an emotional or interpersonal context
it didn't, i don't think, make me feel physically warm in the moment. and it didn't really help me through the weather. but it made me see the world in a different way

>> No.19730083

I wrote it in futhark because I'm an autistic moron but somehow she married me

>> No.19730119

>>19723327
>these replies taking this seriously
I thought you guys were supposed to be smart.

>> No.19730178

>>19729970
Dear______
(You could be humorous and sweet at the same time, unless that's very out if character for you)
My sweetest cherry blossom angel of love and joy

(Just kidding that might be a bad idea)
Since I have met you, the world has taken on the quality of a dream.

(The upcoming 'that is', absolutely harmless as it is, may be an awkward part: That is, I see and do things, let's see without it)

I see and do things that are too wonderful to be explained, and yet I do not ask for explanations.

( Expand on this)
(The wonderful things you see we assume to be her, and how she has changed your views of the world)
My old self, the one who hasn’t met you, would certainly be asking questions like, “What does this all mean?” and, “Why is this all happening now?”

( Showing too much weakness)
(I was a scared lonely pathetic loser before I met you )
(Take that part out)

And sometimes these questions do bother me.

(Remove above)

But, like someone being woken from a pleasant dream, I shoo them away and return to sleep.

(Still going on about how you were insecure)

I know the “world as dream” analogy is clichéd, but I now see that there is a greater truth to simplicity than I had previously acknowledged.

( We are all just having fun and mean no harm anon we want to help and will, you will have a letter and love)
(That could be rewritten like, which is why you were compelled to call it a dream, you want to say like, being with you is like the most pleasent of dreams, the idea of a dream girl, I can't believe you're real, I'm so happy I know you, I love you, I want to send all my time with you, I think about you, you make my heart leap,

And here's where the first paragraphs ideas come from: I never thought I would meet someone like you

You have the right ideas but your wording is just a bit overwrought and clunky:

I never thought I would meet a girl as wonderful as you, I did not think my dream girl could exist, I could not imagine a better person to know, I am so happy and lucky to know you, you complete me,

And maybe there is the something to being sad that you could not find your love, you can say you were sad growing up looking around at all the women and sad that none of them matched you so well, that idea is why just like that the fireworks of happiness that you do know her

( I mean how real is this love, are you gonna marry her, does she feel this way of you, never mind all that)

For instance, I never knew the definition of the word “warmth” before, one night as I was walking home from your apartment through a blizzard, I compared my icy state with the comfort of your bed and your arms.

(You can say that in a smoother way, it is a poetic idea but written awkwardly and prosaic: I have never known a more meaningful warmth then in your bed and arms, walking home in a blizzard how I saw everything clearly, away from you is icy hell, with you is heaven,

>> No.19730184

>>19729970
(Cntd)>>19730178
Borges wrote something about this which I now see to be true:
“I believe that words must be conquered, lived… Nobody should dare to write ‘outskirts’ without having spent hours pacing their high sidewalks…”

(It's tryhard for the sake of tryhard, it's trying to appeal to a common thing to get away from yourself having the do thinking and feeling and expressing, like: you know how you live Starbucks, I believe I read on a Starbucks blackboard once.... )

( Talk about possible future plans maybe , maybe write a real little cute sweet romantic poem at the end, I can't wait to see you again, to hold you, to look in your eyes, to kiss you,
The other thing is you can't bit be yourself because then she may be expecting someone you are not, or if she likes you for you, maybe she accepts your writing regardless. .. now that I'm thinking about it that Starbucks thing wouldn't even be bad, because it wouldn't be tryhard, my poetics aren't tryhard because there is an aire of playfulness and silliness to them, that may seem to then be insincere or empty, but the letter would not entirely consist of them: it is a weird hard tough thing, the degrees of formal and informality you wish to include, and keeping it consistent to your character: yo babe shall I compare thee to a summer's day,

>> No.19730199

https://bookriot.com/love-poems/amp/

There are a lot of different examples of styles and stuff in here

>> No.19730202
File: 20 KB, 441x211, strong-sex-drive-copy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19722853
I start by writing several rough drafts to flesh out all my ideas. I then rewrite it in one consistent piece and read it out loud to myself, to check for pacing or structural issues and length. After that I write another version with the finalized structure and usually do some basic editing for spelling and punctuation. I'll usually sit on this version for a while reading it everyday for a few days to see if it still resonates with me even when I'm in a different head space. If it does then I pull out a nice pen and practice my penmanship until it's clean and consistent and gets across everything I want her to know. I especially exaggerate my g's and p's and q's and y's, so she knows I want to fuck, like pic related. Finally, I'll put pen to my finest stationery and write slow and deliberately to make sure that it's readable.

>> No.19730255

Unless you're already romantically involved and she's given an indication she's into this sort of thing, I really cannot recommend it.
I have no idea why it's portrayed so positively in fiction when I cannot name a single example of it working outside an already-established relationship or courtship.

>> No.19730445

>>19730255
She said she wanted me to write her one

>> No.19730448

she's going to laugh at your letter with her hookup of the night

>> No.19730516

Dear Darla, I hate your stinking guts. You make me vomit. You're scum between my toes! Love, Alfalfa.

>> No.19730627

>>19730448
incel

>> No.19730688
File: 144 KB, 660x562, F69217AD-CE7D-47E6-9D62-A7BD8E18B45E.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19723242
basado

>> No.19730691

>>19725294
>uses incel to describe broken marriage
go back

>> No.19730710

>>19726202
what an awful fucking letter. seriously, sorry anon but you are talking about how pitiful you are the whole time. If you can't respect yourself, what good is your love to her? she'll think you are pathetic.

Talk about her in a lofty sense, be poetic in your view of the world. make her blush. Sure, other anons will call you gay- but to men women are gay as fuck ie. they literally suck cock.

You need to exude confidence, make her feel like you are mysterious and make her want to know more about you. sound more interesting and disguise the fact that you are a giant faggot

>> No.19730745

>>19730710
how much better is my second draft?
>>19728778

>> No.19730852

>>19730745
https://youtu.be/BTL1yA2XJYI

This is how it's done

>> No.19730860

>>19730688
>pic
jfc lol

>> No.19730864

>>19730445
How long have you known her?

How long have you romanticly known her?

How long would you like to date her ideally?

How old are you?

>> No.19730874
File: 252 KB, 800x1224, book.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19722853
You read picrel. It has all the answers.

>> No.19730911

12. “IT’S ALL I HAVE TO BRING TODAY” BY EMILY DICKINSON
It’s all I have to bring today—
This, and my heart beside—
This, and my heart, and all the fields—
And all the meadows wide—
Be sure you count—should I forget
Some one the sum could tell—
This, and my heart, and all the Bees
Which in the Clover dwell.

>> No.19730914

>>19730852
wow this sucks

>> No.19730928

Holy shit never mind op keep doing whatever you're doing you had the same idea as the Shakesmeister

SONNET 29” BY WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE
When, in disgrace with fortune and men’s eyes,
I all alone beweep my outcast state,
And trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries,
And look upon myself and curse my fate,
Wishing me like to one more rich in hope,
Featured like him, like him with friends possessed,
Desiring this man’s art and that man’s scope
With what I most enjoy contented least;
Yet in these thoughts myself almost despising,
Haply I think on thee, and then my state,
(Like to the lark at break of day arising
From sullen earth) sings hymns at heaven’s gate;
For thy sweet love remembered such wealth brings
That then I scorn to change my state with kings.

>> No.19730940

>>19730445
>She said she wanted me to write her one
Ouch Op, she's testing you, her intuition is demanding evidence of the state of riches contained in your inner life

>> No.19730947

>>19730914
Better than most love poems I've ever heard, it contains much more than most

>> No.19730962

Here we are again, my love. You are holding my words in your hands, I am holding your heart. You can still see the red of my blood in the ink, I can feel your heart beating. Faster with every word. You are almost breathless. It's OK, you can turn around and look and see if I am there in the corner, it's just the coat rack. My coat, the brown corduroy, is not there you will note.

Close your curtains. Take the kettle off the stove. Wrap grand mother's blanket around your shoulders. It's cold tonight.

I wrote this letter for you as you were on the way here tonight. I couldn't stay so I will keep it short. I know you are around the corner now. I will leave as soon as I finish writing. A moment too short with you is a torture, imaging and anticipating our next meeting is pure delight.

And so I steal away from you, but not your thoughts. I know that you will forgive this absence. I will be back at dawn. You will be asleep and I will unlock the door and close it quietly so as to keep you undisturbed. Your pajamas of wool will keep you warm until my arms are tightly around you. You will sigh without waking as my warm breath flows over the cold little hard on your neck.

The wind will be at my back as I walk back to you, up the hill where your house sits next to the old great tree, spared by your grandfather's ax.

Read your book now. These words are nothing but whispers. But maybe as you fall asleep my whispers will be still in your ears.

Goodnight love.

>> No.19730975

>>19722853
>>19722853
This painting is absolutely great by the way, The vampire guy is a bit iffy but that girl is timelessly transcendently delightfully pretty and beautiful and cute and that tree is monumentously captivating, it's plasticity, it's sheen, it's one of the best painted trees I've ever seen, not for accuracy, a million accurately painted trees I have seen with a million shrugs, but this one is proud, taking center stage, it is thee tree, it is treeness

>> No.19730980

>>19722853
Nevermind I zoomed in on the girls face and it is horrifying, a grotesque spectre, a harlot and a demon

>> No.19730984

>>19730980
Well that was a Rollercoaster of a review. God Damn.

>> No.19731114

>>19730980
>>19730984
Nevermind, I just looked again zoomed in, she is sweet, she is giving, she is inviting, she is loving and caring, the boy looks afraid, she is calmly by his side, she is sweet, she is curious, she is entranced by the mystery of life, she is sturdy, she is so sweet to give her attention to this ghastly vampire boy, but she doesn't know this, she is innocent, a little farm girl world's away, lifetimes away, and yet on how many farms around the world does she gaze like this now, with certainty and wonder, A confident and comfortable sense of belonging, to the earth, to heaven, an animal angel, a goddess of the ground

>> No.19731176

>>19731114
No, I mistook that upper left red for a barn, I was so captivated by her charm I didn't notice his collar, this is no farm seen, though maybe it is, but is this his fear of his first kiss, this is the nerves of the young boy, staring into the mystery of divine woman, staring into the cosmic mystery of the strangeness of creation, that out there all the way out there somewhere amongst the stars, 2 such entities might be, and they might run off in the dark of night, to for a moment become one, to tether their souls, to make all the fearful degradation, the clatter and chatter and obnoxious noise, of all those who have lost sight, lost touch of the when two nervous systems touch, words like magic were made for ideas like these, that atoms could come up with ideas like these, and seek to search these youthful towers, which find holy communion in each other's hearts

>> No.19731305

>>19730962
>>19731114
Just review my letter instead thanks.

>> No.19731515

>>19731305
bad

>> No.19731567

>>19731305
Are you the op or at least the one who posted the previous 2?

Also I don't think this is homework you should have waited last minute to do, you should carry around a pad and pen in your pocket at all times with you for days and write down all the thoughts ideas symbols hopes wishes dreams yearnings desires related to her, then weave them together nicely .

"Here we are again, my love. You are holding my words in your hands, I am holding your heart.
You can still see the red of my blood in the ink,

(Here is room for expression, you stated an idea, expand on it, make it more, use the thought to make another.... As I write, I imagine my finger tracing these letters on your bare back, I imagine tracing these letters on your neck, on your lips with my tongue, ... There now she has a reason to begin to consider to start to maybe possibly be breathless)

I can feel your heart beating. Faster with every word. You are almost breathless.

(Again stop sprinting through,.... That stuff is good but build it up more... I can feel your heart beating against mine, .... I can feel your breath breathing with mine, our bodies are in harmony living together,. We become one, and when we separate I become less)

(I think the opening few lines are quite good I like it, only thing I'm questioning here is why a few words in,without very much grand exhilarating poesie you are presuming she is already cumming from your words, perhaps it's wishful thinking, perhaps you really are just that good)

It's OK, you can turn around and look and see if I am there in the corner, it's just the coat rack. My coat, the brown corduroy, is not there you will note.

(This is where it gets a bit weird for me, and you should maybe consider slowly ng down a bit, you are rushing and rushing to fill the page, now you are insulting her intelligence, your first 2 lines are so tangible that you assume she must think you are there , I'm sorry I mean no insult but the little cheap shots I take partly motivate me to continue this ....

My coat,... In case you are as dumb as I think you are , it's the brown courdaroy one, remember, yeah it's not there, these are words, I know it seems I'm here but I'm not) ( it's OK , why am I yelling OK at you) just seems unnesccerry filler and a bit silly

Close your curtains. Take the kettle off the stove. Wrap grand mother's blanket around your shoulders. It's cold tonight.

(We go from sexy to grandma's blanket real quick ... I hope this is bait)

I wrote this letter for you as you were on the way here tonight

(We go there right into sexy heavy breathing and now instantly we are meta just describing the empty action we are partaking in )

>> No.19731596

>>19731305
>>19731567
Cntd

(Wrap a blanket around it's cold tonight, it will have to do untill you can wrap me around you)
I couldn't stay so I will keep it short.

(I miss you)

I know you are around the corner now.

(My heart is traveling there to meet you, I can never wait)

I will leave as soon as I finish writing.

(This is a dream and you are my coming true)

A moment too short with you is a torture, imaging and anticipating our next meeting is pure delight.

And so I steal away from you, but not your thoughts. I know that you will forgive this absence. I will be back at dawn. You will be asleep and I will unlock the door and close it quietly so as to keep you undisturbed. Your pajamas of wool will keep you warm until my arms are tightly around you. You will sigh without waking as my warm breath flows over the cold little hard on your neck.

(Little hard of neck????)

The wind will be at my back as I walk back to you, up the hill where your house sits next to the old great tree, spared by your grandfather's ax.

Read your book now. These words are nothing but whispers. But maybe as you fall asleep my whispers will be still in your ears.

Goodnight love."

(Many hugs and kisses)
(of all the cliches that's an acceptable one)

You really got into the flow of things at the end, from now on you just take more time, the more you think about her if your feelings are real and true, the more you write all thoughts down, easier it will be, after the pressure of first letter is over you can write cute little fun love notes, a few lines about anything

Just ate a bowl of berries and they weren't as sweet as you, but made me think of what I was missing, see you later darling dear, with infinite love

>> No.19731813

>>19731596
Thanks for the review. I'm not op or anyone else previously posted.

To explain the hasty feeling of the letter it's mostly intentional as I was trying to keep with the pretense of the letter being written quickly running out the door.

The second thing to note is that the letter is written in such a way as to give contradictory feelings. You read the letter and assumed that I knew the person, that she knew me. Now read it again with the hidden second theme that I am a stalker and she doesn't know how I am. Nowmthe corduroy jacket and the grand mother's blanket and the cold *hairs on the back of her neck are supposed to.be chilling and ominous.

I was hoping it could be read both ways anyway where the writer could justify everything in his delusional state as a normal letter to his love but every word of it would be horrific for the recipient who would realize some stalker was just in her house.

>> No.19731957

>>19722853
>How do you go about writing a letter to a girl you really care about?
Keep it simple [and direct], stupid.

>Anonette,
>I’ve never written a real letter to anyone before, so [this will have to pass for one, for now. Delivering this in person - and not by post - kinda invalidates the whole point of [a proper] letter[--] I say that [half-]jok[ing] and with a [(partially)] straight face, [because] I think [by] writing to you, [I can better say] what I’m either too moony or too slow to in person, [o]r maybe writing allows me to say things that [wouldn't occur to me, and be lost] in [the moment otherwise . . .]

Anyway, I’ll stop trying to justify this letter and instead get to [heart of it] – [but first] I feel I [ought to emphasize] that I don’t [insist] you [on] a[ny] letter in rep[spone one way or the other] if this [letter] experiment turns out to be [an anachronistic] fail.

>[spoiler]SNEED[/spoiler]

>[insert anecdote, when you first understood or noticed her/this. get right to it. cut out the fluff, but tell a story. a short one.]

>>19723440
>The most important factor is to be honest and vulnerable, but what differentiates a sweet letter from a beautiful one she will keep forever is, imo, creativity ... inside joke
All sound. Personal signifiers for endearment maxxing.

>>19724746
>I feel like I'm playing stuffed animal tea party with a little girl.
Charm Offensive. If you're not making them bashful, you're the one being enbashfuled

>> No.19733347

Dont, just treat her well.

>> No.19733472

>>19730911
>em dash edition

Absolutamente asqueroso.

>> No.19733675

>>19733347
Is letter writing good treatment?

>> No.19733809

>>19733472
What asqueroso mean

>> No.19734566

>>19733809
?

>> No.19735399

Dear love,

I left this note this morning Evelyn n your shoe, not before giving it a nice whiff. Do you want to go out for dinner tonight, or will I be the only one eating out ;)
Ps if you're wondering that is indeed cum in your shoe
Love, your adoring amore

>> No.19736456

Love is a funny thing
Love is a silly thing
Love is a serious thing

I still remember when we got caught in the rain and walked back home from town on rural roads soaked

But we were love

I remember the sunsets and mornings waking in the sand
And the soothing cooing of the waves on beach and we were love

I remember cottages among the evergreens and rivers and birds and butterflies and strumming guitar songs

While we were being love

I remember you, my mind is you, my mind is love I am love we are love

I miss you and I want you and I need you and I love

>> No.19736467

Take a random page from hegel's work and let her figure out what the fuck are you talking about and ultimately paint her own feelings over it

>> No.19737099

bump

>> No.19737110

when you are dying you can ask her to ride to your family home

>> No.19737384

Do I dare to eat your peach?

>> No.19737388

>>19722853
make her FOMO into your life. tell her about all your grand adventures and what she is missing out on by not being with you

>> No.19737497

>>19726202

mucho texto to say that say "The intimacy of text helps me better tell you what I feel about you" or however you want to tell them that you know it's out of the ordinary to write than say what you want.

Whatever nice or clever shit you want to say gets clogged/hidden by the redundancy in your words. You can't show her how "smart" you are if you waste her time by how much you drag her sweet time before getting railed by a nigga 2 inches taller than you.

>> No.19737524

>>19726202
Holy shit, so many words
>his entire letter is apologizing for his existence
Do you have any conviction motherfucker?

>> No.19737534
File: 19 KB, 400x400, thumb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19726517
Based Jesus