[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 90 KB, 859x697, Amir.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1970432 No.1970432[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Hey, /lit/. I've never been much of a reader notwithstanding some non-fiction. Some months ago, I read Crime & Punishment (pic-related) for a class, and I loved it. As I was reading the murder scene, my heart was racing and I literally stopped thinking about everything else. Once that part of the book ended, I realized I sun had actually come pretty far up. [I was reading it one winter morning, since it had been assigned over winter break.] Anyway, it is because of this book that I realized there was a lot more to works of literature than I previously thought. I've since found a lot of stuff that I'm really interested in reading and was hoping to get through at least a lot of it during the summer. But the distractions are endless, and days seem to go by where I don't take the time to sit down and read. Self-imposing the necessary discipline seems difficult to me.

Since at least some of you here both read voraciously and post on 4chan (i.e., are seasoned readers who are also familiar with the myriad distractions provided by the internet as well as other things), is there any advice you could provide?

>> No.1970476
File: 16 KB, 233x223, Vladimir Nabokov.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

self-bump

>> No.1970503

>Self-imposing the necessary discipline

This is it, really.

>> No.1970519

that guy looks like about ten different people gawker hates and/or employs

>> No.1970525

>>1970519
wtf is gawker?