[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 81 KB, 680x1020, 29e.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19611495 No.19611495 [Reply] [Original]

Do not shill your book here. Do not ask for shilling advice. Nobody cares about your book. Nobody cares about your plans for your book. This is not a focus group. This is not your personal writing workshop. You have not done anyone a favor by writing a book. If people cared what you had to say then you wouldn't be shilling here. I'm not an admin or a janitor but I can tell you where this shit is headed, a complete and total ban of all discussion of self-published books.

I think I speak for everyone when I say, if you purchase ads then you're supporting the board financially and you are entitled to start a thread to ask for opinions. But don't fucking pretend to be somebody other than yourself because nobody but you gives a shit.

I've been on this board for quite a while, and I can tell you with 100% certainty that nobody has managed to convince /lit/ to kickstart their career yet and if Horia Belcea couldn't pull it off, then neither can you. That was a man who believed in his mission.

I mention two authors in the subject line because they pay for ads without feeling compelled to try and trick us into liking their shit. I haven't read their work and can't recommend it, but they deserve a shout-out for not being soulless assholes without a single scrap of self-awareness. They write a book, they release the book, they move on with their lives. They work on their fucking writing careers instead of trying to get everyone else to meme their boring ass novella.

The rest of you should learn.

>> No.19611523

Hey Charles, hey Zak.
Which one of you writes the esketit book?