[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 174 KB, 750x937, E51C70BE-944F-434D-891B-38048FB3DAE7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19543762 No.19543762 [Reply] [Original]

Post your favorite parts from the Bible. These threads are always very comfy.

John 17 is my favorite:
>I am not asking on behalf of them alone, but also on behalf of those who will believe in Me through their message, that all of them may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I am in You. May they also be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me.

>I have given them the glory You gave Me, so that they may be one as We are one—I in them and You in Me—that they may be perfectly united, so that the world may know that You sent Me and have loved them just as You have loved Me.

>Father, I want those You have given Me to be with Me where I am, that they may see the glory You gave Me because You loved Me before the foundation of the world.

>Righteous Father, although the world has not known You, I know You, and they know that You sent Me. And I have made Your name known to them and will continue to make it known, so that the love You have for Me may be in them, and I in them.”

>> No.19544203

>Jesus wept.

>> No.19544237
File: 102 KB, 1437x1076, Righteous-Branch-Tsemakh-tsedaqah.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
Matthew 5:41-47

Also righteous branch, true vine imagery throughout prophets and NT.

Honourable mention.
The Parable of the Forest who wanted a King
The trees went forth on a time to anoint a king over them; and they said unto the olive tree, Reign thou over us... Judges 9

>> No.19544262

Ezekial 18
>Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord God: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?
>...Yet saith the house of Israel, The way of the Lord is not equal. O house of Israel, are not my ways equal? are not your ways unequal?
>Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord God. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin.
>Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
>For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord God: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.

>> No.19544321

Luke 24 is kino.

Now that same day two of them were going to a village called Emmaus, about seven miles[a] from Jerusalem. 14 They were talking with each other about everything that had happened. 15 As they talked and discussed these things with each other, Jesus himself came up and walked along with them; 16 but they were kept from recognizing him.

17 He asked them, “What are you discussing together as you walk along?”

They stood still, their faces downcast. 18 One of them, named Cleopas, asked him, “Are you the only one visiting Jerusalem who does not know the things that have happened there in these days?”

19 “What things?” he asked.

“About Jesus of Nazareth,” they replied. “He was a prophet, powerful in word and deed before God and all the people. 20 The chief priests and our rulers handed him over to be sentenced to death, and they crucified him; 21 but we had hoped that he was the one who was going to redeem Israel. And what is more, it is the third day since all this took place. 22 In addition, some of our women amazed us. They went to the tomb early this morning 23 but didn’t find his body. They came and told us that they had seen a vision of angels, who said he was alive. 24 Then some of our companions went to the tomb and found it just as the women had said, but they did not see Jesus.”

25 He said to them, “How foolish you are, and how slow to believe all that the prophets have spoken! 26 Did not the Messiah have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?” 27 And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.

28 As they approached the village to which they were going, Jesus continued on as if he were going farther. 29 But they urged him strongly, “Stay with us, for it is nearly evening; the day is almost over.” So he went in to stay with them.

30 When he was at the table with them, he took bread, gave thanks, broke it and began to give it to them. 31 Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. 32 They asked each other, “Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?”

>> No.19544330

>>19544321
28 and 29 are delicious

>> No.19544429

As a same-sex attracted person and christian I like John 13:23-25
show jesus was ok with homosexuality

>> No.19544433

>>19544429
Begone demon

>> No.19544446

>>19544433
>There was at the table reclining in Jesus bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved
>He leaning back, as he was, on Jesus breast saith unto him, Lord, who is it?
you think jesus was straight? read your bible

>> No.19544449

>>19543762
psalms
ecclesiastes
job
luke
hymn of the pearl

>> No.19544452

>>19544446
Imagine being this much of a braindead coomer

>> No.19544467

>>19544452
wait you think straight men cuddle with each other?

>> No.19544477
File: 90 KB, 750x855, 1637907881973.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19544449
>hymn of the pearl
But in some way other or another
they found out that I was not their countryman,
and they dealt with me treacherously,
and gave their food to eat.
I forget that I was a son of kings,
and I served their king;
and I forgot the pearl,
for which my parents had sent me,