[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 17 KB, 230x312, 230px-Bulgakov1910s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19510321 No.19510321 [Reply] [Original]

I used to love writing. I wrote all the time, about anything and everything and nothing at all. I kept a journal and kept tabs on all of my joys, fears, and heartaches. Then I developed a drug habit and either never had time for it or just didn’t care anymore. Maybe both. For years I simply existed and not once did I pick up a pen. I’ve been clean for a year now and have been trying to get back into it - I’m trying to write about myself. To try and legitimize all the pain I felt and caused those around me by writing something beautiful but…that light that was once inside of me just isn’t there anymore…I can’t quite find the right language to use. Just staring at a blank screen, writing the occasional garbage line, and deleting it immediately after.

Has anyone experienced this? I want to write.

>> No.19510339

>>19510321
You have to set new foundations. Ppl go "back to their roots" but sometimes those are toxic. You're a changed person and you need to come about it differently. Have new stimulus etc.