[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 676 KB, 1628x976, DilapidatedHouse prompt.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1949499 No.1949499 [Reply] [Original]

Using this picture as inspiration roll and write a micro fiction
0. Song Lyrics / Rap
1. Action
2. Vanilla erotic
3. Fantasy
4. Shakespearean Sonnet
5. Post Apocalyptic
6. Standard Horror (monsters, slashers, bears, etc)
7. Meta-Fiction
8. SciFi
9. Your choice, combine two

00. Your choice, has to be hand written, scanned or pictured, and posted
11. Must involve an AHNOLD SCHWARTZENEGGGGGGR type character in some way
22. /d/ Erotic
33. Urban Fantasy
44. Petrarchan Sonnet
55. Post Apocalyptic set in a decade before the 2000's (1950's 1960's etc...)
66. Psychological Horror (insanity, twists, children, etc)
77. You as a character as applied to the sitution in the picture
88. Told from the perspective of a time traveler who is unfamiliar with the time
99. Combine Three

Remember to critique other's posts, or else everybody stays sucking.

>> No.1949501

Nah.

>> No.1949527
File: 25 KB, 240x312, john-malkovich-1108-lg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.1949528

lol u got 99 op

>> No.1949531

>>1949527
I don't know how to write meta-fiction so I'm leaving this thread now.

>> No.1949536

>>1949528
>8. SciFi
"Eureka," yelled the professor, "my star magnet works!"

>> No.1949537

>>1949531
>I don't know how to write meta-fiction so I'm leaving this thread now.
and go to my dilapidated house.

>> No.1950242

bump

>> No.1950253

rolling

>> No.1950723

roll for prosperity

>> No.1950736

>>1950723
Jim looked at the house, and his wand then decided that he wouldn't be bothered waving his wrist for the sack of shit that used to be his house.

"Come on Alfred it is time to go" he pointed at the house "it is too far gone and I think that some bum has already stolen the hot water service"

Alfred looked up from licking his balls "OK" he said "but what are we going to do, we need somewhere to hide from the hordes, you can't forget that they are after you and they don't sleep"

"Ah don't worry about them, they are after me not you. I am the one they want to wake the earth and to align the majics. You don't need to worry" Jim watched alfred dig his nose back into his balls "besides if everyone could do what you are doing why would they worry about ruling the world" He smiled as the image of the whole world digging their noses into the balls passed his mind "actually, lets give it a try, see waht happens" he lifted he hand to the sky and waved his wand...

>> No.1950746

no

>> No.1950759

bump for creative interest

>> No.1950797

SHITTY WRITER, COMING THROUGH

>> No.1950814

bs

>> No.1950815

dubs

>> No.1950821

>>1950759
my choice eh? I'll go with 5 & 8.

Everyone in the room stood quietly in hopeful anticipation as Dr.Wilson prepared the countdown in the laboratory that day. Decades of research, hard work and failed attempts to develop the time fluxuator had tested the staffs patience and resolve but they were sure it would work this time.
The lucky candidate for the cross dimensional portal evaluation was Greg Winters, a young student hoping that taking this sort of risk was just the thing he needed to gain credit to his name and fast track his career. A gamble to say the least as the last candidate was torn apart cell by cell the moment he walked through the portal causing his remains to be dispersed equally around the room, onto the scientists and into their dreams, an ordeal that took months of physiological rehabilitation and increased salaries to erase. Many scientists would gave given up long ago if it wasn't for such huge funding by the government, corporations, and elite interest all hoping to use this technology to benefit themselves in their own ways.
The government hoped to use the time portal to fix the economy, and protect the people by gaining advanced knowledge of all events and altering history to their benefit. The corporations planned on using it to destroy their competition, gaining a stronghold in all industries and becoming wealthier then gods on earth. The elite thought of ways of gaining power of all others, making money and politics useless against their dominance.

Continued...

>> No.1950834
File: 75 KB, 408x475, 1305319423894.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

roll

>> No.1950844

ok but only if i get erotic sonnets

>> No.1950863

>>1950821
Continued:

As the generators were initiated, Greg could feel the warm bravery he felt since applying for the job slowly disappearing as the cold fear of reality started to sink in. He swallowed hard in his throat as the whole of the room waited and watched for power levels to reach high enough levels for the tear in space.
He knew that turning back was not an option. Giving up would mean losing his high paying job in a devastated economy, and that he wouldn't be trusted to keep this big of a secret and would surely be locked up or killed.
"Time Fluxuation in 10 seconds" yelled Dr. Wilson. "Get ready Greg, It's your time to shine."
Greg trembled in anticipation, all eyes in the room were on him as the countdown made it's way to zero.
Flashes of bright blue light filled the room and the cold of fear was replaced by the scolding heat emanating from the spinning vortex on the center platform.
Greg slowly walked up the ramp, summoning all the courage he had in every step. Sweat dripping down his back and forehead as he hoped with all his heart that he wasn't about to become the next casualty in another failed attempt.
"You have 5 mins of portal time Greg!" Dr.Wilson shouted."Gather as much Intel as possible and get your ass back here or you'll be trapped forever. Oh and Greg, Good Luck!"
Staring face to face with what could be his death, heart beating a mile a minute, Greg took one final step and felt a powerful pull unlike anything he had ever felt before, and was sucked through the portal.

Continued...

>> No.1950871

rol'lin

>> No.1950885

>>1950863 Part 3
Continued....

The sensation was incredible. As Greg was thrown through the portal, He felt as though gravity had ceased to exist and yet at the same time the entire weight of the gravity pulled him forward. His skin was burning and freezing, neither hurting or comfortably. To him it was like a state of total equilibrium, a purgatory where nothing seemed to make sense and yet made all the sense in the world.
And just like that he was thrown onto his face on the asphalt of an urban street, an open portal behind him. He got to his feet and looked around, shocked and horrified by what he saw.
The entirety of the world around him had become a war torn wasteland. Scattered ruins of buildings and cars, weapons and bones were all he could see. He started taking pictures right away, nobody would believe such a horrible thing could happen to his great country.
The more he saw the more excited he got. This was the break he was looking for he thought, he would surely go down in history as the first man through time, and the hero who prevented the Apocalypse.

Continued....

>> No.1950962

>>1950885 Part 4
Continued...

As he walked down the street he kept a close watch on his time. 5 minutes wasn't a lot of time, but the amount of energy required to sustain the portal was tremendous and expensive, and without knowing if it would work or not, was all that could be given. Only 2 minutes remained.
"What in god's name could have happened here?" Greg said to himself, and at that moment a newspaper caught his eye on the step of a dilapidated house. His employers would be so impressed with him he thought. He grabbed it and started making his way back to the portal. That's when the headline caught his eye.
"War of time to end all time!"
As he skimmed the article it occured to him there was only one article, and a sick feeling in his stomach overtook him. The article was about the time Fluxuator.
"Humanity's last stand against the tyrants of time making it's way towards the very city that stole time. Asking all residents left in the area to join the fight! Years of bloodshed have separated us for your leader's advancement and your protection, but now on humanity's last stand you can see your faults through our eyes, as we are the last of all people on earth and enslaved to a madman, drunk with power. He may have time on his side, but we have hope. We shall not lose!"

Continued...

>> No.1950984

rolling like an e-tard

>> No.1951025

>>1950844
Petrarchan sonnet eh. That'll have to do. We'll see if I even did it right.

Had the house not fallen to disrepair,
said Ma--Had the yard been kept up, the walls
kept white, the windows shut tight, steps swept all
them bats might a' stayed out, laid eggs elsewhere--
(Ma thinkin bats were birds despite the hair)
--Snails, beetles, snakes, all what evily crawls
been kept out that precious house, I say y'all
might a' made that house a home fit to share.
Well I guess we're sharing it now; might be
too little too late, though. Zippin our pants
up, clasping one another in the heat
of that empty house Ma filled with rat traps,
gazing up through the cracks, holding hands we
await the inevitable collapse.

>> No.1951041

>> No.1951047

Roll for justice

>> No.1951044

>>1951041
how about no

>> No.1951068

>>1950962 Part 5 Final
Continued....

Greg suddenly realized the impact of the time portal technology. He wasn't going to be praised as a hero when he returned, there would be no job advancement. He was nothing more then a test dummy, a pawn in evil's game of global domination. He knew that people would take advantage of this technology, but never at this scale. Some part of him wanted to believe that morality and compassion would prevail, that nobody would ever take things this far and be this corrupted by power.
He faced the portal again for his return, he knew that he alone could prevent all this, and through the paper to the ground and walked through the portal.
Again he felt the rush and before he knew it was greeted by cheers and applause of admiration. Dr.Wilson rushed up to greet him.
"well, how did it go?" He asked, smiling excitedly.
"Nothing happened." Replied Greg. "I just walked through the portal and everyone started cheering."
All the smiles in the room disappeared almost instantly. A few scientist grumbled and left the room and cursing could be heard under the breath of a few. Dr.Wilson's face became tired and weary.
"I'm not sure where we went wrong" he said "my whole life's work and we're no further ahead then day 1."
"sorry to disappoint you Doctor" said Greg as he removed his backpack and gear. "Hopefully next time"
"there wont be a next time" said Dr.Wilson "We were lucky to get funding last time and that's only because we made such a convincing presentation of our fool-proof formula."
"I guess it's for the best" replied Greg, and with that he left the room.
Dr.Wilson sighed a hopeless forfeit and started to clean up the laboratory wondering if his savings would be enough for an early retirement. In this economy life was about to become hard.
And that's when he picked up Greg's Camera.

The end.

>> No.1951081

>>1951025
Very well done. I enjoyed that.

>> No.1951082
File: 48 KB, 183x244, dog.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1951047
>>1951047

WOW FUCKING META-FICTION THREE THREADS IN A ROW FOR THE PAST LIKE MONTH MY ASS IS SO FUCKING FRUSTRATED

When I had realized that the only object I had kept in my possession was still buckled in my back pocket, and the murderer had surprisingly missed in his search, I shimmied in the pool of blood on the floor till my arm was free to reach to it. I was in pain beyond words and nearly on the edge of death as a pale glow began to devour my vision, leaving the excess shock that arose from bending my limb awkwardly for the pad to be only a minor deterrence to Death. My hand trembled as it poked repeatedly out, in, out, in of my pants, not even particularly searching for anything with a sudden bout of depression but simply begging for something to hold onto, something to keep me tied to the world.

I bit down on my tongue for a jolt at my dying nerves, spewing out a copious amount of blood from the battered muscle and nearly flooding out the air I was already choking on; the pad thinly remained between the iron grip of two of my fingers as it pulled around to my chest with a flop of my arm.

The time now rang for my opposite arm to gracefully clutch at my chest pocket for the supple group of pens I always kept on me, begging that one remain. My eyes kept dazed up at the ceiling of the house, occasionally glancing over at my own blood soaking even larger rivers from below, but there was no other place for them that could withstand the damage of the view. A triumphant hand of mine came up with the pen, dabbling down once more to hold the pen with the pad just under it in the same grip. The dying hand that originally squeezed for the pad would be the only thing to hold it up as the pen moved.

Comfortable as I could be in the seemingly last moments of my life, I wrote grotesquely on the first open page: "I'm going to tell you how I was murdered."

>> No.1951087

>>1951044
Down along a bight in the February frost
Lay a woman, alone, with no coat
Soon arrived a man, by means of a boat
And he wak'ned her, and asked: "Art thou lost?"
She answered sharply, with all possible harshness embossed:
"What wantst thou of me, for I am not haute -
Indeed, I possesseth not the smallest mote."
And from her hand, his coat, she tossed.
"'Tis not your value, but your beauty and grace," said he, brightly with a smile.
And warmth flooded into her heart for the first time in years
And from her eyes poured rivers of tears
And they sat on the edge of the river for a while
And he rid her of all of her fears.

this took me like 15 minutes to write, I personally like it

>> No.1951091
File: 16 KB, 400x309, thumbsUp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1951087
>>1951087
>>1951087

I like it!

(Except the boats.)

>> No.1951093

rollan!

>> No.1951095

>>1951091
what the fuck else was I supposed to put?
There aren't many words that rhyme with "coat" that I could use

>> No.1951097

>>1951095
>>1951095

I was going to say moat...

But that was dumb too.

:(