[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 506 KB, 1579x1600, 1552131315939.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19483528 No.19483528 [Reply] [Original]

He really shouldn't be as cogent as he is.

I mean this seriously. His writings are the msot schizo of all I have read, and I have read most your staple "ebin schizo philoosphers"..

>> No.19483546

>>19483528
He based.

>> No.19483558

>>19483528
was he really that happy? does it show in his writing? cogency is probably a function of how green your grass is. id jump over any fence to be that constantly happy

>> No.19483567
File: 9 KB, 262x193, Heidegger with Medard Boss.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19483558
Just being.

>> No.19483576

>>19483558
>implying he ever got the point of discussing 'being' happy

>> No.19483593
File: 95 KB, 500x500, bernhardicecream.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19483528
>>19483546
>>19483567
>>19483576
>Heidegger is a good example of how nothing is left but a number of ridiculous photographs and a number of even more ridiculous writings. Heidegger was a philosophical market crier who only brought stolen goods to the market, everything of Heidegger's is second-hand, he was and is the prototype of the re-thinker, who lacked everything, but truly everything, for independent thinking. Heidegger's method consisted in the most unscrupulous turning of other people's great ideas into small ideas of his own, that is a fact. Heidegger has so reduced everything great that it has become German-compatible, you understand: German-compatible, Reger said. Heidegger is the petit bourgeois of German philosophy, the man who has placed on German philosophy his kitschy night-cap, that kitschy black night-cap which Heidegger always wore, on all occasions. Heidegger is the carpet-slipper and night-cap philosopher of the Germans, nothing else. I don't know why, Reger said yesterday, whenever I think of Stifter I also think of Heidegger and the other way about. Surely it is no accident, Reger said, that Heidegger just as Stifter has always been popular, and is still popular, mainly with those tense women, and just as those fussy do-gooding nuns and those fussy do-gooding nurses devour Stifter as their fovourite dish, in a manner of speaking, so they also devour Heidegger. Heidegger to this day is the favourite philosopher of German womanhood. Heidegger is the women's philosopher the specially suitable luncheon philosopher straight from the scholars' frying pan. When you come to a petit-bourgeois or even an aristocratic-petit-bourgeois party, you are very often served Heidegger even before the hors-d'oeuvre, you have not even taken off your overcoat and already you are being offered a piece of Heidegger, you have not even sat down and already the lady of the house has brought Heidegger in with the sherry on a silver salver. Heidegger is invariably a well-cooked German philosophy which may be served anywhere and at any time, Reger said, in any household. I do not know of any philosopher today who has been more degraded, Reger said. Anyway, Heidegger is finished as far as philosophy is concerned, whereas ten years ago he was still the great thinker, he now, as it were, only haunts pseudo-intellectual households and pseudo-intellectual parties, adding an artificial mendaciousness to their entirely natural one. Like Stifter, Heidegger is a tasteless and readily digestible reader's pudding for the mediocre German mind.

>> No.19483602

>>19483593
bwahahahhahaha omfg aahahahhahaha
now I will SURELY nevere read Heidegger.
Thanks so much, ice cream eating man. Your casual sarcastic life convinced me to be as vacuous as you! HAHAHAHAHHAH

>> No.19483610

>>19483593
Why did he say the name so much? We know who he's talking about. Makes it seem like it's just an angry rant

>> No.19483644

>>19483593
what is anybody supposed to take away from any of this? there's no substance. i like bernhard as much as the next person (because he's great at rants like this) but he was a bitter and pained man

>> No.19483975

>>19483610
German has no pronouns look it up