[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 1.01 MB, 1072x1200, Hajun.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19465237 No.19465237 [Reply] [Original]

Are the Jeets to the East what the Greeks are to the West? If so, how do I start with them? The "start with the jeets" chart leaves much to be desired, and there generally doesn't seem to be one "Eastern canon" doxographic genealogy that people agree on, whereas for the West, it's relatively straightforward.

>> No.19465246

Simpler to Commence with the Confucians.

>> No.19465256

>>19465237
The Vedas

>> No.19466171

>>19465246
>>19465256
>just jump straight into primary material with no historical context bro
This is why eastern recs here are inadequate compared to western recs

>> No.19466183

>>19465237
The first step is to stop using modern plumbing.

>> No.19466191
File: 52 KB, 828x659, lmbt8p8ajkr61.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19465237
Watch some project Shivoham videos to add new concepts. They will not be weighted or collated but overwhelming.
Buddha is their Jesus and thus is an eraser who streamlined the exportable to foreigners who never fully adopted the Vedic worldview. Start there. Learn some History and Geography and customs. Learn the Hindu ontology spreading all the way to Japan. The Chinese were the custodians of Buddhism for centuries but much got lost. Scholars have reconstructed what preIslamic India would be like in English translations of Buddhist scripture of the Tripitaka. When engaging with something as long winded as the Tripitaka or the four Veda look for politically powerful succinct moments where Jeets had to sum it up. Their contemplative nature is slow to action. Their actions speak louder than words which they have infinite endless talk of.

Bhikku Bodi's books are great for Buddhism.
Sri Aurobindo inspired a whole new reinvestigation. Look to him with a grain of salt as you see the polemics of Globalism and Ghandi's revolt emerge.
I have yet to see a good collation I trust and these have been my radar drop and buy signals.

>> No.19466202

>>19465237
You can basically divide Asia between the Sinosphere and the Indosphere. Indian culture dominates from the Indus down to Cambodia and Indonesia, while Chinese culture dominates everything north of the Himalayas and extends down as far as Vietnam. Buddhism in the Sinosphere is a late arrival, kind of like Christianity in Europe. So "East" is not a good category to use here.

>> No.19466205

>>19466183
What would happen if Jeets solved this?
Jeet supremacy immenent?

>> No.19466213

>>19466202
What about Philippines?

>> No.19466215

>>19466205
India Superpower 2050

>> No.19466225

>>19466191
What are some good history books to start with?

>> No.19466246

>>19465237
>If so, how do I start with them?
Read Guenon's 'Man and His Becoming According to the Vedanta' and then read Shankara's Upanishad commentaries.

>> No.19466259

>>19466213
I think they leaned in the "Indosphere" direction, because they used to have a writing system derived from Brahmi. There's not much left of the pre-colonial culture, though.

>> No.19466308

>>19465237
Firstly India and China are quite isolated from each other historically, so they have completely different philosophical traditions. Secondly, there is a standard Chinese canon. Most Western philosophers do not regard the Confucians as having any relevant ideas, simply because they didn’t use logic. Basically the only relevant thinker is Mozi, who made arguments and developed a system of epistemology.

>> No.19466380
File: 294 KB, 1920x1080, 1637816480004.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19466308
>India and China are quite isolated from each other historically, so they have completely different philosophical traditions.
Why would you mouth off on a topic you know nothing about?

>> No.19466415

>>19465237
What you call a western canon is just Christian Europe and whatever classical literature it had preserved. By contrast "eastern" is conceived as a kind of negative space where everything from Islam to Taoism slides around in the shadow of the "western." Certainly the Arabs, Persians, Indians, Chinese, and Japanese never got together and said "we easterners, who share in the heritage of the _____ Empire and the _____ religion consider these texts to be canonical to our civilization." There is no analogy at that level. If western is shorthand for Christian Europe, eastern doesn't appear to be shorthand for anything.

>> No.19466459

>>19466415
Alright, let's go with the Hindi canon then, philosophy/religion-wise.

>> No.19466488

Illiterate orientalist takes. Shit thread. Absolutely repugnant replies. You will never learn anything from Asia. Seethe dilate consoom. Etc.

>> No.19466529

>>19466459
Some of the important texts and thinkers of Hinduism:

Mahabharata & Ramayana (Epics with occasional discourses on spirituality/philosophy)
Vedas (ancient religious poetry)
Upanishads (early metaphysics/mysticism in verse form)
Samkhya Karika (early atheistic/naturalistic spiritual philosophy)
Bhagavad-Gita (a narrative distilling the ideas of Upanishads)
Puranas (a mix of philosophy, narratives, history; the Bhagavata-Purana, Srimad-Devi-Bhagavata Purana and Vishnu Purana are good ones to start with)
Yoga-Sutras of Patanjali (influential yoga text)
Adi Shankara's works (first extant systematic commentator and Vedanta theologian of Hinduism, and otherwise very influential thinker)
Ramanuja's works (probably the most influential Hindu theologian aside from Shankara, very important to Bhakti movement)
Kashmir Shaivism/Abhinavagupta's writings (the school of Tantrism that had the most writings and the most developed philosophy)
Yoga Vasistha (interesting collection of loosely-connected narratives that mix Vedanta, Shaivism and Yoga in one massive text)

>> No.19466536

>>19466171
There's literally no historical context. These are ahistorical peoples. You don't need to know about Emperor Poondong to understand and benefit from Confucius and Mencius. Cowards like you are simply afraid of reading.

>> No.19466579

>>19466536
Also any translation worth it's salt will have introductory materials about the text, unless it's of something sufficiently specialized that you shouldn't be reading it without having done the prerequisites, which themselves would have had such material.

>> No.19466584

>>19466191
Posting an image you got from reddit and nobody says anything about it. Fucking enraging. I want my site back

>> No.19466593

>>19466380
Buddhism isn't that much of a bridge. The Buddha BTFO'd Atman at the start (or so the Buddhists argue), so whatever exciting new theories the Hindus were coming up with were never really engaged with seriously except by re-using already made arguments (because, early Buddhists being Indians, they were already in-depth and voluminous). There never really was much movement of Hinduism into China, even when singular ideas or arguments moved in. They'd always be integrated into a Chinese context.

He's also correct about Western philosophers biases against Chinese philosophy (which is mostly due to how Chinese philosophy was performed, rather than it's content). It's incorrect to assume that bias is correct, however; the Chinese did do logic, and they did do epistemology, they just didn't do it in the Aristotelian manner.

>> No.19466607

>>19466529
Isn't the Bhagavad Gita just a chapter from the Mahabharata?

>> No.19466610

>>19466225
I have been tangentially skipping across these books and using Wikipedia to answer my questions. Mine don't line up to well with yours.
Bhikku Bodi's Great Disciples of the Buddha
Ways That Are Dark by Ralph Townsend
Vedas The Science of Creation by Robert Wilkinson (kinda onions and globohomogenized but best quick run down sparks notes on the Rig Veda and so0#yence
These books gave me a vision that grounded me to ask better questions. I'm not ann authority on the matter yet but I found some comfy strides on the same quest as you more or less
>>19466584
I don't alter filenames either only sometimes to leddit and cumblr to assuage these type of replies. Some memes are just classic and worth bringing back from the normiesphere. The ProtoIndoEuropean connection geopolitically solid is best portrayed by those fat boomers. Greeks and Jeets. I would have used the "DYLAN YOU SON OF A BITCH!" manly handshake but I don't want GIMP crashing on me again.

>> No.19466613

>>19466380
You’re obviously too stupid to understand that Buddhist thought was not transmitted through the nigh-impassible jungles and mountains of Southeast Asia, but was instead transmitted through the Tarim Basin approximately a thousand years after philosophy began in both China and India. Buddhism was integrated into Chinese philosophy but it was only a minor part which was heavily filtered through Daoism.

>> No.19466618

>>19466380
India is the world's most religious country. China is the world's least religious country. This has always been the case. Buddhism and business and scholastic exchange is the bridge.

>> No.19466631

>>19466593
Buddhism had enormous influence on China and countries influenced by China such as Korea and Japan. For a good part of their middle ages, especially under the Tang dynasty there were monks traveling between all these countries and exchanging texts. There is almost nothing comparable in western history except the Catholic church, which was more stable and hieratic than the international Buddhist networks were, as it possessed sovereign territory outright and had a religious head while Buddhism was more fluid and sectarian. In Japan the development of a non-Chinese writing system (Hiragana) was directly influenced by the importation of Sanskrit Buddhist literature in the siddham script, which had been brought over by Japanese monks who studied the Indian language in China with the Indian-born monks who were residing there.

>> No.19466643

>>19466631
Big braned thanks

>> No.19466645

>>19466613
Couldn't have been very minor if we have all these debates recorded between Taoists, Confucianists, Buddhists, not only in China but also in Japan, and alternating periods of patronage and persecution, not to mention all the impact on material and urban culture. Seems like Indian religion and philosophy may have been a big deal for about a thousand plus years in east Asia

>> No.19466654
File: 272 KB, 1001x653, Mi_Fu-On_Calligraphy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19466631
Kana are just greatly simplified Chinese characters used phonetically. They have no other derivation.
Look at this cursive Chinese text. Hiragana practically jump out at you.

>> No.19466659

>>19466631
I don't disagree at all. My point is that Buddhism isn't some kind of bridge by which Hinduism entered China or whatever. The Chinese never gave a fuck about Hindu thought, even though East Asia is full of the worship of Hindu (and Greek) deities who were incorporated into Buddhism from Hinduism.

Buddhism as an intellectual system and project really should be considered its own thing, separate from Hinduism.

>> No.19466661

>>19466607
Yes, but most people read it as a stand-alone text. You don't need to read the whole Mahabharata in order to understand or appreciate the Bhagavad-Gita.

>> No.19466687
File: 80 KB, 852x480, proxy-image (19).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19466645
Just as Christ was painted as a Borgia instead of the camel faced kinky hair sand Jew, the Buddha became painted and tainted and resculpted as a Sino having lost his 32 primary and 80 secondary physical characteristics. The Chinese peasant so influenced by the hierarchy role of Buddha but so irreverently atheistic made the fat laughing "Buddha" as a symbol of greedy coined wishing well. It is ironic to me like there could be a parody there but I have never found a single Oriental type to tell me so. They took the ascetic superhero of wisdom and cosmic timelessness and made him a sensational comedic Homer Simpson in line with Chinese anti humor. I do not think the Chinese laugh at the Budai. I think it is one of their many rites showing how everything that passes through China gets garbled. The Wikipedia page on the Budai doesn't satisfy me as convincing enough. It's soulless.

>> No.19466689

>>19466654
The impetus to create a phonetic writing system is directly related to Japanese Buddhism. The Chinese were mutilating their transliteration of certain mantra/dharani/mandala texts from Sanskrit and in Japan these were even more inexplicable having now been thrice translated, and this is what led the monk Kukai to go to China and study Indian language and script which was unknown in japan. In Japan everything had to be in Chinese at the time. Everything. It was the civilized thing to do, even Confucianism had been imported and the whole royal court setup. Hiragana are phonetic like siddham is and it is developed after this exposure to a non-ideogram writing system.

>> No.19466696

>>19466659
Buddhism is an Indian religion and philosophy. Agree Hindu influence minimal

>> No.19466702

>>19466205
they did solve it
look up indus valley sewage system

>> No.19466705

>>19466687
Anon that's Budai, not the Buddha. Budai is a monk. His fatness is symbolic and esoteric.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budai

>> No.19466710

>>19466687
>buddhism in china is just Budai because wikipedia said so

>> No.19466720

>>19466702
>on Pakistan territory
>as soon as pakis declared independence from India pajeets started shitting on the streets due to loss of knowledge

>> No.19466725
File: 34 KB, 466x471, proxy-image (20).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19466705
What is the esoteric meaning then? Some haha good luck shit? Some fat proto boomer "just live and let live" mantra? Do you not see how this derivative is antithetical to source? I never see a story of the Budai.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jingde_Record_of_the_Transmission_of_the_Lamp
He isn't mentioned here. Why is there far more Fat Budhais than Siddharthas all over the place? What does that say about well where they appear and how they appear? I wonder if it's because I'm in Am*rica but my fat boomer uncle took photos of nothing but Budais on his trip to China.

>> No.19466728

>>19466687
>The Wikipedia page on the Budai doesn't satisfy me as convincing enough. It's soulless.
You should use this insight to never go to Wikipedia ever again for that cheap, psuedo-intellectual thrill with which you've just regaled us.

>> No.19466737

>>19466529
This. OP start with Hindu thought first. It will give you the context to understand from where Buddhism arose. Then start with Buddhist texts.
Also keep a secondary source handy for Indian Philosophy as a whole. It will help a lot

>> No.19466738

>>19466171
The reason why there is a lack of Eastern recs is that they are less important. This world is a Western one. Men in Japan wear Western business attire or work in assembly lines, a Swiss invention furthered by the Americans. The East has been culturally gutted by themselves and the West.

>> No.19466741
File: 256 KB, 500x425, 1465906665793.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19466710
Buddhism for lay people is weaker than Christianity for lay people. The lay person, the normie, is inevitably drawn to worship some Bioleninist idol. American degeneracy proves this. I would like to know the prior conditions how things are outside of American degeneracy. How the real deal Chinese commies and precommies were averse to and internalizing the Dhamma.

>> No.19466754
File: 17 KB, 320x180, proxy-image (21).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19466728
Thrill shmill I want to get to the bottom of this. Wtf is up with that thing? Why does no one offer a straight up QRD? Is it the Chinese Sneed's Feed and Seed?

>> No.19466785

>>19466741
Cool opinion I guess. Could try reading books on the subject instead of Wikipedia. While you're at it, in China they used the Sanskrit agamas and not the Pali nikayas, so it's "Dharma"

>> No.19466787

>>19466710
US Diplomat Ralph Townsend said so in Ways That Are Dark when giving the US and Japanese a quick run down:
Incidentally, we read in the New York Times of July 6, 1933, a timely item about desertions from the Christian ranks in times of chaos in China. The headline announces “59,000 in China Drop Christianity.” The source of the news is a report of the Laymen’s Foreign Missions Inquiry. “The Civil Wars and the anti-Christian movement accompanied by an attempt to overthrow the church are held to be responsible chiefly for the decline.” From the accompanying statistics, it would appear that this drop of fifty thousand is from the ranks of the Protestants alone, who constitute only about a sixth of China’s allegedly Christian population of two and a half million persons. What the report does not state, but which should be added, is that the suspension of mission stations and reduced mission funds leave Christianity a non-paying proposition in many areas for the Chinese. It is an astounding reflection that every religion that has ever entered China and been left to its own devices has died there. Judaism, Nestorian Christianity, Greek Christianity, and Roman Catholicism have all fallen to extinction when submitted to the test. Buddhism and Mohammedanism have also died there, though they survive as names without much trace of either their original theology or their original ethics. Confucianism and Taoism, which originated in China, would in any other country have become religions. In China they have remained cults of philosophy among the learned. Never has China produced a religion, and never has China accepted a religion. That this indicates something singular in the Chinese spiritual sense is evident in the fact that implantations of all the religions that have perished in China have survived elsewhere in isolation. Christianity has kept its identity through the centuries in Armenia, in Abyssinia, and among the Malabar converts of India, without any extra-territorial support from more vital world centers. By contrast China is the bone yard of missionaries and the morgue of religions.

>> No.19466819

>>19466725
The esoteric meaning is to combat exactly what you're doing, which is leading you to completely miss the entire point of ascesis: you're clinging. Stop clinging. Yes, that means stop clinging to ascesis.
>b-b-but he's fat he's supposed to be super skinny!
You're clinging to the materialiality, to the physicality, of ascesis. It's nothing but an icon, a token, to you. Stop focusing on the skinny Buddha, and start asking yourself WHY he's doing that.

>> No.19466837

>>19466787
>some foreigner's opinion in 1900 wipes out a thousand years of history and developments
[raffs in cathayan]

>> No.19466857

>>19466837
It does for English speakers, English speaker.

>> No.19466874

>>19466819
Chinese people aren't known for their irony. In fact, surface-level meaning is the only reality there. In face culture, intention has no meaning at all, and only the appearance you put on and the lines you say matter. Don't you think that would also be the case for public monuments as well as people?

>> No.19466877

>>19466645
Buddhism did not take over Chinese philosophy, rather it was naturalized and incorporated. Most importantly, the bridge between India and China was only open for a few hundred years, during which time philosophy went only one way. They are historically quite separated.

>> No.19466884

>>19466857
We are talking about different things. It is a fact that Indian thought influenced China via Buddhism for a thousand years. It is a fact that religion is moribund in 20th century China compared to earlier centuries.

>> No.19466893

>>19466819
It's hard to say considering there is black and or tranny Jesus these days.
>>19466754
>"Well well well look at the Enlightened One clinging to his Noble Eightfold path!"
>"I'm a literal hobo!"

>> No.19466910

>>19466877
>wasn't a takeover which completely eclipsed pre-Buddhist thought in China
>only lasted with the most intensity a few centuries
I don't necessarily disagree. But to call them "historically quite separated" when we have quite historical examples to the contrary and the preservation of rigorous back and forth debate is nonsense. Buddhists and Confucians and Taoists in China even each attempted to claim they had FOUNDED the other's systems and as such they were inferior to the original (of course, that of the person arguing). So it very much went native into the intellectual fabric despite being Indian

>> No.19466912

>>19466884
It's an effort to go back in time with the sources available today. Townsend's report is of famine stricken China amidst Opium wars. It isn't the Lu Olympic champ economic superpower report of today we must use their* info systems to access History as they partially understand it as an accepted secondary source narrative. There's no Canon.

>> No.19466933

>>19466893
>"Well pardon us, Celestial sandals!"
>"These sandals were after all made in China."

>> No.19467045

>>19466912
Boy I love typing into the abyss of random strangers addicted to frog posts and demanding superior academic output than can be provided by academia and Google and Hollywood

>> No.19467761

>>19466787
>>19466837
>>19466857
>>19466884
>>19466912
>>19467045
Townsend was a paid propagandist for Japan you retard. He was arrested as a Japanese agent in World War II.

Debunked here for any third party.

https://desuarchive.org/his/thread/6453883/#q6454117

https://yuki.la/his/7365764#p7365806

https://desuarchive.org/his/thread/6453883/#6454003

https://desuarchive.org/his/thread/7102781/#q7105500

The entire pasta was debunked.

Townsend's entire book is full of lies on history.

https://desuarchive.org/his/thread/7365764/#q7365769
https://desuarchive.org/his/thread/7365764/#q7368422

It's very simple, Townsend provided no sources, primary or secondary for any of the history he made up, kek. Townsend wasn't a historian and he didn't cite a single primary or secondary source for any of his claims. That's all that is needed to debunk it.

Townsend also contradicts himself claiming Chinese assimilated the Mongols then later mentions the Mongols still exist in his same book.

The Chinese violently slaughtered Mongols just a few years before Townsend was born and he claimed Chines never used violence when taking over Mongols.

https://desuarchive.org/his/thread/7624741/#q7625025
https://desuarchive.org/his/thread/7624741/#q7625100
https://desuarchive.org/his/thread/7624741/#q7625154

https://yuki.la/his/thread/9587031#p9599349

>> No.19467771

>>19467761

Townsend's claims were ripped to shreds in the links here

He made up fictional events like Malay pirates causing Chinese to flee the coast, and gave no citations for it. He couldn't even speak Chinese.

Townsend lies about several historical events- the sea ban and claiming that Chinese never violently fought Mongols.

https://desuarchive.org/his/thread/5611675/#q5612440

Townsend admitted in his own book he could not speak Chinese and lied about Chinese history. He lied on the following points.
Townsend claims in his book the Chinese ordered a total evacuation of the coast because they were too cowardly to fight a few Malay pirates raiding it.
The sea evacuation and coast ban was not done by Han Chinese in response to Malay pirates which Townsend claims but instead ordered by the Qing dynasty Manchu Kangxi Emperor to deprive Han Chinese Ming loyalist Koxinga of coastal trade and infiltration. Koxinga and his armies were Han Chinese, not Malays and they were raiding the Qing from islands off the coast.
There was an earlier maritime prohibition against trade by the Ming dynasty but not a coastal evacuation. The Ming Emperor destroyed merchant ships but never forced people to move away from the coast to avoid pirates. Ming generals like Qi Jiguang fought the Japanese pirates.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haijin#Qing

China only had one raid by Visayan and not Malay pirates.
Han Chinese violently fought against the Mongols in the Jindandao rebellion and killed Mongols in battle which was within living memory of Townsend while he claims Chinese never fought Mongols openly due to cowardice but only took over by sneaky financial means and never by fighting. He wanted to imply cowardice again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jindandao_incident

>> No.19467782

>>19467761
>>19467771
Anyone who wishes to read the book- read it- don't just take my word for it

After reading Townsend's book, look at the part where he talks about Malay pirates raiding Chine causing Chinese cowards to flee the entire coast.

Then go to any history book, primary source and secondary source, written by westerners or Chinese.

Do CTRL+F "Malay pirates" and "Chinese evacuating Malay pirate raids".

I guaranted the results will not please the /pol/tard.

Where's Townsend's sources and citations for the historical events he didn't witness? He doesn't have any because he lied.
https://desuarchive.org/his/thread/9587031/#q9599318
https://desuarchive.org/his/thread/9587031/#q9599281

Townsend didn't only lie about history, he lied about contemporary religion claiming that religion didn't exist in China and Daoism only survived is a philosophy, that Buddhism and Islam exost in name only. Anyone who knows Chinese religion knows that these are blatant lies trying to push an agenda to a religious audience (1930s America). Daoist exists in China as the exact opposite of what he claimed it only survives as religion with supernatual beliefs, gods and rituals and has been dead as a philosophy for thousands of years. Buddhism and Islam are very much practiced.

>> No.19467788

>>19467782
Townsend's fabrication of historical events, lying about religion and comparison to Anglo white supremacists like Lothrop Stoddard show he was a shill for Japan when the other white supremacists of his time in the early 20th century who hated China also hated Japan and claimed the were a threat to whites. Lothrop Stoddard never stooped to Townsend's lever and tried to invente his own fantasy history.

Townsend said the US should bow down to Japan's interests and accept Japan in Manchukuo shutting the US out of the market there nstead of the US following it's in monetary and business interests in China (like someone who wasn't a paid shill would do).

Late 19th century and early 20th century white racists like Kaiser Wilhelm II and Lotharp Stoddard hated both Japanese and Chinese and warned that if Japan took over China that Japanese officers would lead Chinese armies to attack all of Europe and exterminate the white man. That's why Kaiser Wilhelm II tried to destroy Japan's power, take away their colonies and encourage white countries to attack them.

Western racists like Lotharp Stoddard and Kaiser Wilhelm II claimed that Japanese officers would lead masses of puppet Chinese soldiers to attack and conquer white western countries. They were terrified if the idea of Japan controlling China and Wilhelm II told the Japanese in their face he would never allow them to take over China because they were not white so he would force Japan to surrender Port Arthur to the Europeans. They hated all Asians and viewed Japan as a threat to Australia, America and Europe.

Kaiser Wilhelm II encouraged Russia to destroy Japan in the Russo-Japanese war and Russian explorers in the east spread Yellow Peril fears against the Japanese.

>> No.19467792

>>19467788
the wokou NEVER triggered the coastal evacuation. The Ming response to the Wokou raids was to repeatedly threaten Japan with invasion until the Ashikaga shogunate handed over Japanese pirates to Ming authorities to be boiled to death in cauldrons. The Ming also fought later against the Wokou in repeated battles under Qi Jiguang and never evacuated the coast. The Ming just implemented trade bans and restricted commerce to ports.

The coastal evacuation was done by the Qing against Han Chinese Ming loyalists in Taiwan to destroy their entire economic base.

Townsend explcitly tries to lies and claim coastal evacuation is Chinese cowardice against foreign pirates. He tries to fabricate history to support his claims.

Dutch captain Hans Putman explicitly said at the battle of Liaoluo bay that he was astonished that the Chinese charging his ships did not fear death or musket send cannon fire as they gutted the Dutch fleet and the Dutch fled. Chinese soldier halbediers also didn't flinch when they massacred Dutch Captain Thomas Pedel's musketeers in hand to hand combat while the Dutch dropped their guns and ran.

Townsend basically lies about every historical event he never witnessed, he claims Beijing's walls were built by conquerors when the Ming dynasty built Beijing's walls. He lied about Daoism and religion, Islam, Buddhism in China being philosophies when its the opposite. Any neutral observer would note that Chinese practitioners are not philosophers but religious fanatics with sincere belief in the divine like white lotus and other sects.

If Townsend was alive today in this atheistic western secular environment he would claim the exact opposite bullshit to make Chinese look bad by claiming they are religious.

>>19467782
>Anyone who knows Chinese religion knows that these are blatant lies trying to push an agenda to a religious audience (1930s America).

>> No.19467795

>>19467792
Coastal evacuation was Qing forcing the entire population of the coast to destroy their houses and move inland. The Ming dynasty never did that. No dynasty did that in response to foreign pirates. If the Ming had done that there would be no wokou raids.

The Ming government never issued orders to evacuate the coast. The Ming fought against the wokou raiders and deployed military units from all over the inland to the coast to fight.

The Qing ordered the entire coast cleared by force by the army and dragged people inland to cut off the entire economic base for Ming loyalists under Koxinga's family.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Clearance

The Ming Haijin was banning trade, unlike the Qing great clearance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haijin

France,Spain, Portugal,, England, Iceland, italians and Irish never evacuated their coasts when Barbary pirates raided them. They fought them.

>> No.19467800

>>19467795
The fact that he also lied about everything history related and things he never witnessed also compromises what he claimed to witness personally.

If he had been smart enough to shut about history and only write about events he claimed to observe himself on 1930s China he could have retained credibility since no one could definitely call him a liar. But he didn't and ventured far out of his field and reach in his hit job.

His employer, Japan at the time suffered from tons of negative societal ills. Japan had mentally ill incels going on yobai night rapes and shooting sprees like Mutsuo Toi in the Tsuyama massage. Yobai night rape was an accepted courting ritual in Japan between Japaneseen and women. Japan mass exported Japanese prostitutes called karayuki-san to China and other foreign countries to send their remittances back hometown run Japan's economy. The Japanese prostitutes especially solicited Chinese men as clients.

>> No.19467843 [DELETED] 
File: 1.89 MB, 1903x8192, Japanese whores.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19467800

China raped Vietnam for 1000 years, raped and conqured the entire Mongolia under the Tang dynasty, defeated Japan in every single war before the 19th century and raped and ruled Manchus for over 200 years in the Ming dynasty

>>>/his/12358150
Bullshit.

The US and UK supplied most of Japan's war materials until 1940 when China's victory over the Japanese at Kunlun pass forced Japan to invade French Indochina to cut off Chinese oil imports for aircraft fuel.

Britain already complied with Japanese demands before 1940 to cut off Chjnese imports through British Burma.

The US embargoed Japan for invading French Indochina in 1940, not for invading China.

https://desuarchive.org/his/thread/11960845/#q11965138

The US and Uk had absolutely no objection to Japan invading China until French Indochina fell and the American Philippines was threatened.

China defeated Japan multiple times before Pearl Harbour. At the battles of Taierzhuang, battle of Wuyuan, battle of West Suiyuan, battle of Huaiyang, first battle of Changsha on 1939 and the battle of Kunlun pass.

China defeated and halted Japan's 1940 offensives when they tried to conquer all of China so Japan was forced to invade French Indochina as they were running out of resources wven with the US supplying Japan. US then embargoes Japn for invading French Indochina.

China won every single war against Japan from Baekgang to Imjin war before Britain built Japan's military in the 19th century and Japan mass exported Japanese karayuki san prostitutes to China.

>>>/his/12324814
>>>/his/12320417
Japanese women and girls taking negro nigger black African dick is a centuries old tradition started by the Portuguese bringing sub-saharan African slaves to Japan.

https://desuarchive.org/his/thread/12244603/#q12258687

>>>/his/12258687

>> No.19467890

>>19466613
>>19466308
Pretty sure india and china were in pretty consistent contact seeing as how le buhda was from there so there was a constant stream of pilgrims.

Of course, you have to aknoledge the scale wasnt masive, but it was rather consistant.