[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 747 KB, 2000x1358, 35-031505.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1939712 No.1939712 [Reply] [Original]

I am trying to find out the price on a book I have. This is the excerpt from the CL article I posted:

"This is a very rare book in perfect condition. The name of the book is 'Currahee the 506th Parachute Infantry'. My father was an officer in the 506th and fought in WW2. This book was given to him by his CO Colonel R. F. Sink. My father fought in Bastogne and jumped into Holland during operation Market Garden. This book meant a great deal to my father Robert E. Haley as it does to his only son which is myself. However, during these hard economic times I have to sell this book. Therefore I have not listed a price and will consider all offers."

It's in good/fair condition, and I don't have any pictures on the computer I am posting from. Could anyone give me a ballpark based on just the information given?

>> No.1939873

bump

>> No.1939898

one million dollars.

/lit/ really isn't for this sort of thing and you're unlikely to find anyone who can help you on this board

also your book is almost certainly worth nothing.I don't understand why you think it's valuable.

>> No.1940385

You are a disgrace on your family, good day sir

>> No.1940414

>>1939712

My geuss would be €0, most books don't have any worth, what makes you think this one does?

>> No.1940417

How do you know this is a very rare book? What research have you done on it?

I'm sorry to tell you I don't believe it has much monetary value, less than 50 bucks probably. What year was it printed? What edition? How is it bound? Author?

>> No.1940423

>implying there is any market for your unknown not-remarkably-old book in a world where not even fucking Borders can shill enough Bill O'Reily books and Oprah's Book Club stamps to stay open

Hate to break it to you but old/rare books are only worth anything if they're by a famous writer. Any decent antique shop will have a shelf full of ancient tomes full of mediocre, dated stories that you can buy for a few dollars per.

>> No.1940506

>>1940423
That's a ridiculous comparison; antiquarian books are a completely separate market to Oprah's Book Cult books. The prices have really gone up in the past thirty years, too.

>> No.1940746

You won't get much for it, why on earth you'd even consider selling it is bewildering considering its supposed history to you family.

Shame on you.