[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 31 KB, 550x503, pepe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19368315 No.19368315 [Reply] [Original]

The Human Development Index ranks quality of life according to life expectancy, education and per capita income.

The logic goes: "I can't become rich, but I may get to read more books than the billionaires and so by individualized HDI I can still a virtuous, glorious life". I am unlikely to become rich. I live in a country with Europe-tier healthcare and I've been managing my weight well. Would it be alright to spend my life on welfare just reading books, merely viewing careers opportunistically?

>> No.19368398

>>19368315
Literally nothing has any meaning. Either life ends after a limited amount of time, in which case nothing matters, or it goes on for an unlimited amount of time, in which case nothing matters since you have an infinite amount of a time and will do everything eventually.
With this in mind, the only logical conclusion is that you should live as long and as happy as possible, and give absolutely zero thought to the opinions of others. Beyond a certain, very low point, wealth has zero positive correlation with happiness, and in fact the opposite. And that is ignoring the matter of how to acquire wealth requires years of luck and misery or nepotism.
A career is the biggest load of shit since burgers started chopping off the tips of their dicks. The only true and sincere way to live is as close to an absolute NEET as possible.

>> No.19368568
File: 220 KB, 1138x1400, D6CBBEB0-3A51-478D-9648-7D6A3D33ADAE.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19368315
You will dedicate most of your life to books? I would say it is not a good idea. But working is shit yeah.

>>19368398
Interaction with other humans is important like it or not. In fact the sensation of touch is deeply ingrained into our nature. Problem is finding decent human relationships and a partner who touches you is difficult. Specially if you are a man.

>> No.19368577

>>19368315
>Would it be alright to spend my life on welfare just reading books, merely viewing careers opportunistically?
Yes this is the /lit/ approach. Many writers have done it.

>> No.19368584

>>19368315
Just become a security guard lol. Read on your kindle as much as you want then go home after 8 hours.

That's what I do. I literally sit in a parking lot watching over a cannabis club reading for hours every single night.

>> No.19368588

>>19368315
Life isn't as serious as you think. Most people basically just fuck, shit, eat, work, sleep their entire lives. The ones we remember made contributions in whatever way, good or bad, but the bio you read about is polished filtered and streamlined with a bias. They too were just people doing stuff, with the majority of their hours on earth mundane. Life is as serious as you let it be.

>> No.19368607

Was thinking about this as of lately I do have a job an undegrad stem dioloma and have saved some money, I realized I have lost most of my youth and did not even got to enjoy it thus it would be a better use of my time from now on to accumulate knowledge of all kinds, my life is more or less boring anyways