[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 21 KB, 460x666, Wagner.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19356698 No.19356698 [Reply] [Original]

>The remarkable thing about this truly great being [Aeschylus] is that one hardly notices the way it is done! It does not appear to be art at all, because it is in fact something much higher: improvisation

>> No.19356713
File: 96 KB, 640x628, (You)rDumb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Bach is good at this too.
Also, pick a better picture next time faggot, for fuck sake this is an eyesore.

>> No.19356739
File: 400 KB, 720x1560, Screenshot_20211106-215900_Drive.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19356698
For me it's the purple stain of the sea

>> No.19356935

>>19356713
>Music does not represent ideas contained in the appearances of the world; it is on the contrary an idea, and indeed a comprehensive idea, of the world. It therefore incorporates drama out of its own volition, since drama expresses the only idea of the world adequate for music. Drama exceeds the limitations of poetry in the same way as music exceeds those of every other art, and especially visual art, because its effect lies only in the sublime. Just as drama does not depict human characters, but allows them to represent themselves directly, in the same way music gives us in its motifs the character of all worldly appearances in accordance with their innermost essence. The moving, shaping and changing of these motifs are analogically not solely related to drama but drama, representing the idea, can only be clearly understood by means of those moving, shaping and changing musical motifs. We would not be mistaken, were we to find in music man’s a priori capacity to shape drama. Just as we construe the world of appearances by applying the laws of time and space which are formed a priori in our brain, in the same way this conscious representation of the idea of the world in drama would be preformed by those inner laws of music which were just as effective in an unconscious way in the mind of the dramatist as were those laws of causality, unconsciously applied in order to perceive the world of appearances.

>> No.19356963

>>19356713
Post wagner 's funeral march interspersed with "brought to you by Apple Musik Inc!" every 8 seconds

>> No.19357527

Hey Wagnerfags. I just watched tannhauser. It was my first Wagner opera and thought I would try out Tristan next. That a good plan?

>> No.19357954

>>19357527
Yes, but there's no good Tristan on film.