[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 7 KB, 192x293, 51sIPBiMS7L._SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_ML2_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19348738 No.19348738 [Reply] [Original]

Can we just have a general Hegel thread?
I'd like to talk to some of you who have practiced this system well enough to answer questions, and I'm sure there are others here who would like the same.
I have some questions about self-understanding (inner being) and how it overlaps with judgement (outer being) and etc.

>> No.19348774
File: 67 KB, 850x400, Schop(48).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.19348777

>>19348774
wtf i love shopenhauer now

>> No.19349009

>>19348738
so wat everything is one thing but it's an idea so all the component thing are ideas thinking of themselves. fuck off

>> No.19350155

Bump

>> No.19350167

>>19350155
nigga no one cares bout hegel

>> No.19350173

>>19350167
I need a reason to justify buying it

>> No.19350187

>>19348738
>who have practiced this system
How can one practice Hegel's system? I'm geniunely curious.

>> No.19350211

>>19348738
i just started reading it. when i see how he say, directly, he want to make a science of philosophy i just close the book. what a fucking academic-addicted retard, completely misunderstanding life and philosophy.

>> No.19350231

>>19348777
Trips check.
>Now if for this purpose I were to say that the so-called philosophy of this fellow Hegel is a colossal piece of mystification which will yet provide posterity with an inexhaustible theme for laughter at our times, that it is a pseudo-philosophy paralyzing all mental powers, stifling all real thinking, and, by the most outrageous misuse of language, putting in its place the hollowest, most senseless, thoughtless, and, as is confirmed by its success, most stupefying verbiage, I should be quite right.
If I were to say that this pseudo-philosophy has as its central idea an absurd notion grasped from thin air, that it dispenses with reasons and consequents, in other words, is demonstrated by nothing, and itself does not prove or explain anything, that it lacks originality and is a mere parody of scholastic realism and at the same time of Spinozism, and that the monster is also supposed to represent Christianity turned inside out, hence, The face of a lion, the belly of a goat, the hindquarters of a dragon, again I should be right.
Further, if I were to say that this [Great Philosopher] of the Danish Academy scribbled nonsense quite unlike any mortal before him, so that whoever could read his most eulogized work, the so-called Phenomenology of the Mind, without feeling as if he were in a madhouse, would qualify as an inmate for Bedlam, I should be no less right."
t. Schopenhauer

>> No.19350267

Hegel's philosophy is fairly straightforward and easy to understand if you just trim all the verbose nonsense and trivialities.
I will never get why people would bother with PoS, a book that you will NEVER be able to discuss with 99.9% of the population(not even being hyperbolic).
I've been to philosophy panels on him, it's really just boring professors disagreeing on what the early Hegel vs late Hegel thought about some irrelevant nonsense.

>> No.19350492

>>19350231
Daily reminder that Schopenhauer literally never offered a definite critique of Hegel, he literally always resorted to insults and nothing else.
Daily reminder that Schopenhauer is far more dogmatic and metaphysical than Hegel. Also Schoppy believed in ghosts. Actually it's even more ridiculous than that: he was sure of having seen a ghost of his mother, while his mother was still alive. He was that much of a gullible retard.

>> No.19350703

what about it

>> No.19350715

To what extent is Hegels logic (as in his science of logic) tied to the phenomenology?

Also, is there some text that directly explains this logic clearly?

>> No.19350799

>>19348738
Outer being cannot be known unless an understanding of the determinate notion is made actual, which is to say that all outer being (appearances, religion, life, work) are empty without the essential substance being known through philosophy. Also, the self-understanding is distorted by being unessential in this world, or to say that the self is persistently negated when 'sunken' in the sensuous world.

>> No.19351066

>>19350187
Spending the amount of time on deconstructing his ideas that you have masturbating to anime girls
>>19350799
>Outer being cannot be known unless an understanding of the determinate notion is made actual, which is to say that all outer being (appearances, religion, life, work) are empty without the essential substance being known through philosophy.
You mean the particular determinate notions of those individuated things in particular? Or some grand all-encompassing notion, similar to Atman or Logos?
>Also, the self-understanding is distorted by being unessential in this world, or to say that the self is persistently negated when 'sunken' in the sensuous world.
Can you be elaborate on what you mean by 'unessential'? It sounds like you're getting at an understanding of pure unconditioned being, is that right?

>> No.19351111

>>19348738
so you started the Hegel module this term and you need some ideas to help you answer your second upcoming essay on the phenomenology

>> No.19351117

>>19351111
why would i major in philosophy?

>> No.19351129

>>19351117
Because you’re independently wealthy and conspicuous consumption is a reproduction strategy for noble houses. Maybe your brother is already “serving” his country so this is a sign that your father is so rich he can waste two sons?

You’re obviously not a social history student.