[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 93 KB, 630x1200, MV5BNWVmZDE2NmQtZWU5OC00MzUzLTg2MTUtZTQ4NzUwNDljYTFjL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTc4MzI2NQ@@._V1_UY1200_CR148,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19344240 No.19344240 [Reply] [Original]

Are there any non-white authors that have created good reactionary literature? Or good right-wing literature? Apart from the obvious Mishima.

The only two criteria:
The author isn't white, European, or of any European descent.
The literature is right-wing, reactionary, far-right, nazi, fascist, /pol/, etc.

I want to cast a pretty wide net for anything I can get that matches these two categories.

I am trying to branch out and read some good non-white authors/books. I read Mishima and gained a huge amount of respect for his cultural values and people. Are there any other authors like him? They can be black, brown, light brown, yellow, red, blue, green I don't care. Just not white, and far-right.

Googling it obviously doesn't help, and so I have come here to ask.

>> No.19344277

>>19344240
VS Naipaul is an extremely good example of this. Ethnic Indian (though he grew up in the Caribbean) who was loudly against the decolonization of Africa and wrote from the perspective of Indians, Chinese, and other races imported by the British Empire to Africa who then got slaughtered or expelled by feral black-nationalist dictators. The left said nothing and he made them very uncomfortable by always bringing this up. The decolonization of Africa in general is a very neglected topic these days for obvious reasons

>> No.19344344

>>19344277
Naipaul's fiction and especially his travel writing have been criticised for their allegedly unsympathetic portrayal of the Third World. The novelist Robert Harris has called Naipaul's portrayal of Africa racist and "repulsive," reminiscent of Oswald Mosley's fascism.[128] Edward Said argued that Naipaul "allowed himself quite consciously to be turned into a witness for the Western prosecution", promoting what Said classified as "colonial mythologies about wogs and darkies".[129] Said believed that Naipaul's worldview may be most salient in his book-length essay The Middle Passage (1962), composed following Naipaul's return to the Caribbean after 10 years of exile in England, and the work An Area of Darkness (1964).

Fouad Ajami rejected the central thesis of Naipaul's 1998 book Beyond Belief, that Islam is a form of Arab imperialism that destroys other cultures. He pointed to the diversity of Islamic practices across Africa, the Middle East and Asia.[119]

>> No.19344354

>>19344344
Based of wikipedia, a middle passage, beyond belief, and an area of darkness seem like a good start

>>19344277
Any other recommendations?

>> No.19344377

>>19344240
I was about to recommend some Latin Americans but you said "isn't of any European descent." Good luck.

>> No.19344641

>>19344377
Sorry I should've been more specific, mixed counts as non-white. So if they came from Europe, and only had kids with other European immigrants, doesnt count. But if they mixed with abbos, then they count as non-white. I know it's a blurry line but it goes more by a case by case basis.

>> No.19344668

>>19344377
Another one is if they grew up in America and if they handled themselves like a white man would, if you would be able to tell if they are non white by their skin color. Like if you can see from their features, or if they are a latino brownish (from their genes not from a tan), then non white. But if you have somebody in Argentina that is virtually indistinguishable, then that probably counts as white.