[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 17 KB, 1522x178, Reading List.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19316349 No.19316349 [Reply] [Original]

Rather then start with the Greeks, I decided to start with the religions. I read the Upanishads, the Bhagavad Gita, in the words of the Buddha (Bikkhu Bodhi), many major religious texts. I tried meditating and all that, but then I just ended up as an absurdist. Bad ending I guess. Regardless, now I am looking into some other books to read next, are these good? I remember Aldous Huxley from reading Brave New World when I was younger, and I was surprised to see that he wrote a fiction novel involving topics of Buddhism called the Island. Same with Siddartha by Herman Hesse. The Perennial philosophy also caught my eye.

Other then that I also plan to read the Gulag Archipelago, because it was recommended to me countless times, and I am interested in learning about some of the atrocities of the second world war. Especially because I am a zoomer, and I basically don't know anything about what happened in the Soviet Union and their Gulags. In school I only had one high school course on history, which taught me holocaust and slavery. I should mention that I tried to read Guenon because of how much he was shilled here, but it just hurt my brain. I found it extremely boring (I got filtered). I think I'll read some more stuff that interests me, and I'll tackle him later when I am ready. Besides, how are these books, any skips here or are they all great? What would be a good order to read them in?

>> No.19316411
File: 259 KB, 1500x1500, Soijak.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19316349

And since I know I'll get this, I'll do it for you guys in advance

>Cringe cringe cringe how dare you ask about literature on a literature board seethe cope newfag cringe zoomer kys (s o y) onions soijak.jpg so cringe. Stop reading cringe you need to read BASED epic pepe poggers kek literature read Marx read Zizek read Serrano read Guenon read greeks read Evola read Hegel read Schopenhauer read Heidegger read Nick Land read Tao Te Ching read Waldun read Sally Rooney read some random American poets read Jordan Peterson.

I think I got them all, so no need to derail the thread with them, thanks in advance.

>> No.19316838
File: 392 KB, 3200x1680, Jay.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've been wanting to read Aldous Huxley's Perennial Philosophy. I've heard that there was some contention between the definition of Perennial between the Perennial Movement of Schuon and Huxley's but I honestly don't know. I don't like or care for these politics.

I just love the birds and I am so glad to be alive in a world where I can witness these Bluejays. These birds are much smarter than we give them credit for, and taxonomy claims they are part of the Corvid family, which is also the same family as crows.

I don't know where I read this, nor can I quote it in full but it doesn't matter. Nonetheless, Hossein Nasr wrote a series of, almost thousands of pages about Man and his place in Nature. In one of these works he said something, almost phrased like a rhetorical question, viz "Who knows more about the Tiger? the Shaman or the Biologist?" Surely the Biologist can dissect the creature and tell you all about it's nutrition and excretion, maybe the force of it's Talons, but he can never tell you the Spirit of the Tiger. You will have to observe and befriend.

In the same way I observe and Befriend the Bluejay. I don't have to kill him to analyze him because that is wrong. He is my friend, he is a fascinating creature, and I enjoy feeding and seeing his antics.

>> No.19317236

I always make bad threads, it's already dead. Regardless, I think I'm gonna read the Gulag Archipelago