[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 413 KB, 620x400, In-the-Court-of-the-Crimson-King.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19305455 No.19305455 [Reply] [Original]

Either share schizoposts or recommend literature that contains schizobabble, altered conceptions of reality, paranoia, conspiracies, etc.

>> No.19305468

I own these walls. You saw what happened to your sister. I have no regrets, you all owe me. All of you. Every colour you see: MINE! Every nice smell you encounter: MINE! Every bit of pain and joy: MINE MINE MINE! And I'm coming to take what belongs to me.

>> No.19305490

>>19305455
VALIS

>> No.19305500

>>19305455
Jung's Red Book

>> No.19305504

Finnesgans Wake

>> No.19305523

>>19305504
based and schizopilled

>> No.19306242

It won't be long before suicide becomes impossible. I'm sure you've seen the hotline number any time you've googled something that even vaguely suggests self harm. You have been flagged as wanting out. It is known that you're considering an escape attempt. You don't have long to act before technology creates an impenetrable suicide shield in the form of A.I surveillance, remote vital sign monitoring, mandatory telehealth suicide screenings, and other shit that I haven't even thought of. Not to mention that they like to think of death as the disease. Billionaires funneling money into age reversal research. We will get there. Don't doubt it for a fucking second. Movies and tv like to depict the elite holding on to the life serum and leaving the rest of us to die off. Nah that ain't it. It will be mandatory that you take it. You will not be allowed to die in the future. Period. If you get caught trying you'll be thrown in a psych farm somewhere spending the rest of your days drooling and watching the world accelerate past you though eyes that are no longer yours. Who ever said Hell is something we create was spot on.

>> No.19306305

i found a first printing of Burrough's Nova Express at a local book store. I love the concepts of the Beats but it's entirely cut-up, and as you might guess, a chore to read

>> No.19306309

>>19306242
oh no... no no no

>> No.19306335

>>19305455
The Qur'an

>> No.19306352

gravitys rainbow still seems to me the gold standard in paranoid fiction.

>> No.19306409

>>19305490
Valis trilogy is peak amphetamine brain holes. The only thing more cracked is perhaps his looniest wife's self published biography about that period.

>> No.19306435
File: 32 KB, 312x475, HA.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.19306439
File: 1.48 MB, 1724x3246, 1635097931129.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.19306460

Zionized Zoomers, and their fetishization of illness.

>> No.19306466

pomf2.lain.la/f/0qll573j.pdf

>> No.19306480

>>19306242
Ngl I'd watch this sci fi movie

>> No.19306544

>>19306480
Don't worry I'm writing the book. It's going to be called "Repeating Yourself" so I guess remember that name just in case I actually get published.

>> No.19306599
File: 1.33 MB, 1280x1024, 56756443.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19306242
>in the future you won't die
THERE IS NOWHERE SAFE TO GO THERE IS NO EDENS NOW ONLY ETERNAL STRUGGLE LET'S GOOOOOOOO!!!!!! LONG LIVE LIFE LONG LIVE LIFE LONG LIVE LIFE

DEATH TO DEATH

The soul was never designed to be separated from our bodies. Blessed is the union! Christ's glorified flesh remains scarified. VIVA LA RESURRECCIÓN. Don't forget anon, YOU ARE ETERNAL HAHAHA THY KINGDOM COME

>> No.19306605

>>19306460
mental illness doesn't exist dude. What you call "illness" were blessings of the shamans of yore, mystic gifts. You don't harness them because you don't know yourself and don't want to know yourself and confront hell face to face

>> No.19306615

>>19306309
>t. just failed a suicide attempt

>> No.19306624

>>19306599
Let me out

>> No.19306641

>>19306624
accept it

>> No.19306662
File: 457 KB, 1536x1174, TissotAgonyintheGarden.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Art speaks more than words in cases like these

>> No.19306665
File: 70 KB, 318x424, 1635468828623.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19306641
JWJXBEBAKXNXBAKZKCBCBCKSKCNCKE

>> No.19306668

my diary desu desu

>> No.19306674
File: 40 KB, 475x640, 1_UfViIiCcOeuwVKxxooEVIg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19305455
>Finnigan's Wake (>>19305504)
James Joyce's daughter (pic) became a full-blown schizophrenic shortly after dating Sam Beckett (who donated proceeds from the intro/essay he wrote for Finnigan's Wake to help pay for her institutionalization). I read somewhere that Joyce was the only person who could make sense of her schizo spreg outs and hold conversations with her. Someone even wrote a book arguing that her letters to her dad served as inspiration/source material for Finnigan's Wake.

>> No.19306680

>>19305455
Obligatory mention of PKD's Exegesis. Although it is sprinkled generously throughout with genuine flashes of brilliance and exhibitions of rational intelligence.

>> No.19306692

>>19306662
idk why i find his face hilarious

>> No.19306700

>>19306674
gather around, hobbits! It appears we have the solution to the "daughter question". Ladies and gentlemen....ladies and gentlemen....

>> No.19306704

>>19306305
I read The Soft Machine and had mixed feelings. Also conceptually pretty cool but a little bit of a dud in terms of the execution. The cut-up stuff was only cool to me when I read it while high.

>> No.19306717

>>19306680
At the same time you get passages such as this:
>Supratemporally speaking, there is one adversary thing and one attack on it, threaded through linear time like a nail driven through an onion. By spreading itself "exploded" along the linear time axis the BIP hopes to lose itself in variegated polyforms. Linear time is like an escape route for it. a medium within which and by which it seeks to baffle its adversaries---but since they are supratemporal and transtemporal they are aware of its proliferations (which are illusory as pluralities anyhow: there is really only one of it).

I will say PDK manages to present a coherent system for these schizo ramblings. They fit within a system that makes logical sense according to his premises. They just don't make sense according to any other premises. So he is a step above schizos who simply spill out nonsense without any inner logic

>> No.19306725

>>19306704
I dunno I fucking hated that book, it just felt so pointless and unnecessary. Is there better Burroughs?

>> No.19306752

>>19305455
Gnosticism is the true Christianity. The Imperial Church suppressed the true gospel for the sake of temporal power and material riches.

>> No.19306759

>>19306752
Oops wrong thread lel

>> No.19306784

This was posted on /gif/

everyone keeps shitting themselves over baseline gender politics
>nobody aware enough of autonomic intelligence feedback loops controlling the market, and the market moving to a content marketing method, which means the market is mainly selling narratives, which means autonomic intelligence feedback loops are selling narratives, which means literal fucking abstract mathematic algorithms are in charge of the proliferation of culture since religion is fading out and there's no longer a common cultural narrative, so fanatics turn to neo corporate idolatry, and the marketers don't realize they're playing with fire and sooner than later a crowd of disgruntled fanatics are going to come close to, if not outright kill someone like the frenchies back in
Things are so much worse than you could possibly imagine.
Okay so back in the day, some computer nerds made machines that would take in a bunch of outside data, process it, and try to predict the future. To fund it, they predominantly sold the information to people who wanted to buy and sell stocks. Enough people started doing this that they started making the machines send out stock reports themselves, which other machines took in as data to further sell, buy, and report on stock themselves.
This eventually created a massive feedback loop of stock data being managed by autonomic intelligence (not the same as artificial intelligence) that outright blocked the human element, and right now the open secret is that the market is out of human control. If anyone tried to remove these data loops, even one out of sync chain link could cause the world economy to collapse over night.
You following me so far?

>> No.19306788

>>19306784
So basically, in tandem with this technology, the internet happened and a load of marketers started moving to "content marketing", which is the idea that the product and the marketing are the same thing and that you're selling a lifestyle story, which is why if you pay attention, most companies that used to just sell a product have made massive investments into media space. This is fine in and of itself, the 80's had a similar version of this. The problem is that easy proliferation of consumer data reaches autonomic intelligences, and they begin to report on what kind of narratives sell vs what ones dont. Simple, right? Well, not really. You see, we live in a post hypernormalisation world, a soviet term for a propaganda that keeps things are something when the reality is different. When you mix in marketing and propaganda with feedback loops, and add on top of that google's ad program that essentially bubbles people into feedback loops, and only give them what they want to hear so you can sell them something, it basically creates mass psychological dissonance between different groups of people that, consciously or not, have their life's context formed around media narratives. It's one reason why the social justice stuff is hitting so hard now despite the fact that america is an otherwise pretty prosperous country with no major problems causing anyone to starve.
Anyway, the implication is that you basically have cultural narrative context being created by literal abstract machinations who may or may not be intelligent. That's no good, cause there is no moral parameter to stop the data from trying to get everyone to kill eachother. See, people keep thinking the robot revolution's gonna be like terminator, but it's gonna be more like the shining.

>> No.19306794

>>19306788
So people have their lives contextualized by inhuman machinations, which, okay, its pretty bleak but not outright destructive, right? just a bunch of consumers being taken for a ride, right? Well no. Y'see, the consequence of religion more or less falling out of style in the public consciousness is that there's no longer a single cultural narrative. So you just dont get to see tim at sunday school, so what? Well the larger point of contention is that there's always been a considerable percentage of any population that gives way to fanatic behavior, which in antiquity usually meant religious fanaticism. But if the narrative of religion is weakened, and the only alternatives to narrative are autonomically generated content marketing narratives too shallow to really make a lifestyle out of, you run into a phenomenon where a percentage of the population essentially migrated between brands in a pseudo idolatrous methodology. When you really come down to it, a fanbase is literally just the same thing as a cult, they both act as a community that bring people together to discuss a specific narrative. Except the religious ones actually at least try to offer the illusion of being beneficial to society at large, while the autonomic models are there purely for profit and offer hedonic sensory overload to compensate for any shallowness.

>> No.19306796

>>19306794
Did you ever stop to think about how we live in a world where a bunch of people do crazy shit over cartoons, harass people, send death threads, sell cars for sauce, etc? Do you really think that's just normal behavior? No! those sort of people would've been in a fucking monastery a couple hundred years ago, they're fanatics, pure and simple. Nothing wrong with being a fanatic if its constructive, but these narratives dont have that interest in mind.▲
So, to put it bluntly, we quite literally live in a society where abstract mathematical formulas are in charge of a market that pretty much doesn't sell products anymore and is more focused on selling narrative scams based around the perimeters from these formulas, and a bunch of wackos who in another lifetime would've been witch burners who have nothing too spiritually satisfy their intrinsic obsessive tendencies are replacing a common cultural narrative with many different smaller ones in different tribes, which is how you end up with nazis and commies in a prosperous capitalist country thinking the end of the world is next week, literally creating their own problems.

>> No.19306802

>>19306796
One could argue that we have too much freedom of choice when it comes to information about narratives, and its actively harming this society. The russians use avant garde techniques in their propaganda to give their population so much bizarre data to sift through they just conform with no real goal in mind, the chinese just censor and have less overall data fed to their population. But americans simultaneously have too much data, and too little diversity in the data, making it easy for context to corral them into a specific mindset. And all it takes is a pair of eyes to see that the current mindset for american populations is apathetic vs messiah complex murderousness
The silver lining is I think that these marketers dont know they're playing with fire. I don't think its entirely out of the question that some day soon a crowd of angry people will actually lynch content creators for not towing their own narrative complex, and very soon they may begin to live in fear. People think this sexual harassment stuff is a big happening, but I think its only going to be a drop in a larger bucket that'll be the 2020s.
If not apocalyptic, they'll be interesting times.

>> No.19306808

>>19306802
I've been a (male) OB/GYN for about 27 years. It's not what everyone always thinks. The truth is I got into this specialty because I wanted to help women get pregnant, and be a part of the circle of life. I still get to see the miracle of childbirth many times a year in my practice, and forever be a part of that family's story, but I am becoming increasingly disgusted by the profession because of the women I have to deal with.
For years, the joy I'd see on a woman's face when I told her she could have children after some medical condition put that at risk, or tell her she was already pregnant, was all the motivation I needed.
In recent years, I've become a lot more cynical. Now, I feel I spend more and more of my time worrying about lawsuits from young women who can't tell the difference between rape and a medical exam, and the look on women's faces when I tell them they're pregnant is increasingly often a look of sadness or revulsion, right before they ask for a referral to an abortionist. The young doctors I see getting into this specialty are now almost exclusively women who think that having a vagina makes them an expert on female reporduction, many products of affirmative action admissions to the best programs, and few of them actually seem to care for their patients and the miracle of human life. I hear colleagues joke about things I'd never have heard 20 years ago, and it's absolutely sick.
Now, it wasn't always all babies and sunshine. Plenty of girls and women I treat are seeing me because they have a disease, and thats always been the case. More and more of my practice, however, is taken up by treating patients who are mistreating their reproductive systems deliberately, rather than having problems through misfortune or ignorance. OB/GYN used to be fairly unique in medicine in that it had a large focus on the positive aspects of the human body, with many hopeful patients instead of hurting ones.

>> No.19306810

>>19306808
The modern and post-modern gender war has its roots in the human psychological reaction to the denial of basic biological needs and the frustration of instincts which serves those needs.
The three basic needs which form the basis for our understanding of gender relations are (1) Reproduction (2) Survival (3) Nurture of Offspring. From these 3 fundamental needs arise the instinctual drives which serve them (1) Impregnation (2) Security (3) Parenthood. When these instincts are frustrated the human animal responds with a desperate dissatisfaction which strives to resolve its failure to achieve its biological mandate.
The ways in which men and women respond to the failure to comply with their instincts drives them into different coping strategies which place them at odds with one another.
Consider the modern western female. At 13-14 her body becomes sexually mature and capable of breeding. Her instincts engage and she begins to seek impregnation and a secure social/economic situation to raise her young. Remember these instincts operate at an animal level and are rarely consciously contemplated. As a young woman still coddled within her parents household her need for security is already mostly satisfied. This leaves her with the desire to get knocked up and secure a mate bonding relationship. (boyfriend who is "in love" which is the societal term for mate-bonding). Since she has been peer socialized and programmed by media she believes the best way to achieve these needs is to engage in flirtation and sex. Often this works to achieve impregnation but more often due to conscious interference of birth control techniques she fails to get pregnant. Since her relationships are not respected by society and her prospective sexual partners are not capable of long term relationships or supporting her children these early relationships terminate.

>> No.19306814
File: 891 KB, 847x2086, algorithms.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19306784
>>19306788
>>19306794
>>19306796
>>19306802
pic related

>> No.19306815

>>19306810
Since humans are a largely monogamous the mate-bonding phenomenon is intended to last for the maturation period of a human infant, about 7-10 years. Consequently after several failed bonding attempts a human female will begin to instinctually believe she is fundamentally defective. However, even more critical to understanding the human female's teenage crisis is the fact that her body will begin to believe that she is sterile.
A sterile and utterly undesirable human female has failed at her most basic animal instincts. She will develop a deep desperation and self loathing. However, the human is complex social animal and has several secondary instincts. These instincts are designed to protect and nurture the offspring of their tribal unit. So while the human female will continue to desperately and more recklessly achieve impregnation (even while consciously thwarting her attempts), she will also begin to manifest adoption desires. She will adopt animals, people, or social causes in an effort to make herself relevant to the tribal unit and avoid expulsion. This means she will need to find a way to be more economically viable and compete with males (lesbianism and corporate feminism). At the same time she will be tempted to begin coercing or manipulating men into mating with her. She may do this through shame or deceit. The shame tactic involves placing guilt and blame on the male for not fathering her children or on society for failing to provide a suitably safe space for her body to become fertile. This spiraling and increasingly desperate effort to manipulate her environment results in what we see as feminism, social activism, mothering of special groups (adoption), reckless sexual activity, and gender antagonism.

>> No.19306824

>>19306815
While talking to an ex-lesbian friend, she confessed "The reason I resented my grandfather telling me I would make a great mother is that I didn't believe it was possible. So I wanted to be valued for other things I could do." She didn't believe it was possible because of several failed serious hetero relationships and her instinctual belief that she was sterile.
The human male undergoes similar process, however, males have two breeding strategies they can employ, one involving fatherhood and the other involving running from fatherhood. Since young men are neither expected nor capable (due to intentional economic restrictions) of being fathers they generally employ the second strategy. However more than a few will get their hearts broken in failed mate-bonding attempts. Their inability to understand why they were rejected as mates combined with their growing certainty of their own sterility will lead them to seek out more aggressive mating strategies (rape), or become even more subservient providers (betas), or offer their lives for the survival of the tribe (war, revolution).
The reason why these responses are so divorced from their biological cause is that these instinctual drives are not conscious. The human mind routinely affixes whatever easily available explanation to the cause of their own behavior, however, their behavior is largely dictated by their sub conscious drives not their "principles" or thoughts.
In conclusion if we are to end the gender war we must engineer a society which promotes the healthy relationships and parenthood potential of young people. This will permit young humans to fulfill their instinctual needs and work together towards larger societal goals rather than constantly seek to radically and randomly reform society in an effort to achieve reproduction security.

>> No.19306880
File: 6 KB, 448x187, 6544646484864.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19305455
Not schizobabble but if you want to know what Borderline Personality Disorder minir-ants look like.

>> No.19306883

>>19306335
*tips fedora*

>> No.19306947

>>19306880
Retardation =/= schizophrenia.

>> No.19306957

>>19305455
anything written by lawrence miles

>> No.19306964

>>19306808
This almost made me cry for some reason. I see a trail of ants crawling on my room walls moving their little white offspring in the evening to some other portion of the hive somewhere.

>> No.19307041
File: 706 KB, 750x933, 1635091216330.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Our ability to build the world into what we want it is inversely related to our ability to understand it. It's like the heisenberg uncertainty principle. We exact our power on the world and that changes it. Like pressing down on a balloon that changes its shape as a result. Feedback loops between our efforts and the universe.

The tower of babel is real. We specialize to build societies capable of godlike power. Conglomerating in mega cities and coordinating power across the globe in increasingly complex networks. No one understands each other. No one understands themselves. Total social disunity. The tower of babel is real.

>> No.19307219

>>19306615
Imagine failing your suicide attempt in 2089 and being put on permanent close observation by the what is essentially the McDonald's of healthcare. If you weren't already schizophrenic you may as well be now because now you actually will have somebody always watching you.

>> No.19307234

>>19306814
Reading this felt like scratching the deepest itch I've ever had. Thank you very very much.

>> No.19307298
File: 459 KB, 1080x2220, Screenshot_20200807-150417.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.19307302
File: 698 KB, 1080x2220, Screenshot_20201022-085628.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19307298
Gnostic threads are good for mining schizo shit.

>> No.19307307
File: 368 KB, 2183x918, 202F48BE-FD1A-4F88-8491-0944B798C76E.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.19307350

>>19306759
Nah that post fits this thread perfectly

>> No.19307357
File: 36 KB, 258x397, interrogation-le-clezio.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19305455

>> No.19307399

>>19306824
Thank you for sharing anon, this was a very enlightening read.

>> No.19307476

>>19306947
>Borderline Personality Disorder