[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 41 KB, 493x493, dfwtiger.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19294091 No.19294091 [Reply] [Original]

what would he say about /lit/

>> No.19294161

Inbutsofar then, as much as is applicable at the very least[5], it seems evident[6][7], that the lack of actual[8] readership is, realistically speaking, a boon[9] and not a detriment to the quality of the board, due to the fact that some baseline understanding of literature is required for the average[10] user in order to not be repeatedly left out of conversations. Which is to say, the label /literature/ draws in those to whom this label may apply, those who would want to be labelled as such, and quickly enough filters out those with no desire at all to even think about the literary, meaning that the structure of that forum is coercive[11], in a beneficial manner[12], to those willing to be coerced by such a structure. This of course holds true for every other forum and their respective chosen interests.

>> No.19294171

>>19294091
he'd probably kill himself

>> No.19294199

>>19294161
kek

>> No.19294202

>>19294091
He probably wouldn't like it. A website where at least half (maybe a bit of a hyperbole) of the uses consist of actual crazy people, pseudo-intellectuals (and i mean REAL pseudo-intellectuals), racists, sexists, homophobes, transphobes. I'm not gonna pretend to know the personal beliefs of a guy I never met, and I don't think this guy would have been a hardcore SJW liberal, but the he seemed to have that slightly left-of-centre political view that seems so common in gen-x artists. I'm not trying to make some grand statement of any type of perceived bigotry on 4chan, the way people talk about women and minorities on this website is part of it's culture so I don't care either way, but just the way people speak about women and minorities is so intense and, for lack of a better word, "problematic" that most normal people would at least be mildly disturbed, offended, or upset. I don't think he would have found this board too interesting, he was a well-read person and spent time around academics and other well-read people, he would not have sought out a website where he could discuss literature, especially one that very often talks about his works, with a bunch of 18-20-something-year-olds. Overall, he would probably think of this website the way most older gen-xers talk about the internet, "it's a weird place filled with weird people".

>> No.19294245

>>19294171
he died because he foresaw what /lit would become. we did it to him bros.

>> No.19294256

>>19294161

this but with some curse words sprinkled in and every footnote is 5 pages long

>> No.19294263

at least Pynchon likes us bros...

>> No.19294275

He'd probably hate this philosophy board that masks itself as a literature board.