[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 135 KB, 450x450, 5-02-ep04-theon-greyjoy-450.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1924639 No.1924639 [Reply] [Original]

Help me settle a debate, /lit/.

Did Ramsay Bolton flay Theon's penis?

>> No.1924654

Did you know Alfie Allen is Lilly Allen's little brother, and her song "Alfie" is about him?

>> No.1924666

>>1924639
Yes.

Ramsay mentions flaying fingers and "the other thing", or something along those lines, and Theon stops showing any kind of sexual interest in women.

The more interesting question: for a book that includes more mention of "cocks" and "cunts" than every copy of playboy ever, what purpose is served by not outright stating that Theon's dick got flayed?

>> No.1924668

>>1924654
I did, ser.

>> No.1924672

>>1924666

It makes the situation a million times creepier.

>> No.1924673

how many theon chapters have you guys read so far?

>> No.1924679

>>1924672
Really? It makes it creepier to not mention the word cock, or even some euphemism like "member" or whatever?

Let's recap. Dude gets trapped in a dungeon and tortured for months; fingers cut off, teeth broken, pieces of his skin flayed and left to rot. Then he's forced to eat out a terrified child (14 years old), before she's raped and beaten by a psychopath, and then forced to be fucked by a dog. But this situation is made creepier by avoiding direct mention of a penis.

Hmm.

>> No.1924683

The Boltons are perhaps the most intimidating villains ever to exist in any work of fiction.

>> No.1924713

>>1924683
you are so dumb

so, so dumb

>> No.1924725

>>1924679
wtfamireading.jpg

>> No.1925044

>>1924725
quality literature

>> No.1925446

>>1924679
Oh nice. Grim dark for the sake of being grim and dark. GRRM is so edgy.

>> No.1925544

what book is this?!?!?!

>> No.1925550

>>1925544

One of the Game of Thrones books by George R.R. Martin.

>> No.1925555

ok thanks and what one im only done with 1 because i cant find 2 used

>> No.1925556

>>1925555

Book 5, The Dance With Dragons

>> No.1925559

ok ty

>> No.1925787

But he does think he would have liked to rape Abel's wilding women.

>> No.1925802

>>1924679
It's creepier because you don't notice it at first, but later, when you reread it or think about it, you go ".... Wait, what other thi- OH GOOD LORD"

>> No.1925803

>>1925802
OH GOOD LORD THIS ISN'T LITERATURE WE'RE DISCUSSING.

OH GOOD LORD WE HAVE 5-10+ GRRM THREADS DAILY

OH GOOD LORD

>> No.1925815

>reading ADWD
>finally get to an Arya chapter

oh god this is so good, I could read a book about only her and Tyrion.

>> No.1925817

>Petyr Baelish had offered to wed Sansa himself

oh you

>> No.1925818

Wyman Manderly and the Braavosi banker Tycho are the best "new" (as in properly introduced) characters.

>> No.1925819

>>1925818
Wyman Manderly confirmed for hidden badass. Braavosi Banker confirmed for crazy awesome.

>> No.1925824

>>1925819
I love how the banker just appears at the most inconvenient times. The Iron Bank will have it's due indeed. I still think he's a plot device to be killed though, so the Iron Bank can send a faceless man (Arya) to kill who is responsible.

>> No.1925825

>>1925824
You're probably right. The Braavosi are all sorts of awesome, though, it's like you're allowed to live there unless you meet a certain quota of FUCK YEAH. The Iron Bank will have his due, motherfuckers.

>> No.1925842

Well, just finished the first of Arya's chapters. What will I do when I finish the other one and I'll have to wait another 10 years to read more?

>> No.1925844

>>1925842
'other one'? weren't there like three or four?

>>1925825
It is known

>>1925824
Well, isn't he dead already? I mean, if Bolton killed Stannis's force then the little banker should be long dead

>>1925803
stfu religious twat, you're just upset you're not allowed to burn witches irl anymore

>> No.1925848

>>1925844

I had heard there were only two, but if there is at least one more I'd be happy as happy can be.

>> No.1925850

>>1925848

There are only two. And one Jamie chapter, GRRM is such a cocktease.

herpderp like 12 Quentin chapters though, thanks for tossing us another shitty character from Dorne and then roasting him at the end...

Biggest waste of space since Arys Oakheart

>> No.1925851

>>1925844
>Well, isn't he dead already? I mean, if Bolton killed Stannis's force then the little banker should be long dead

You actually believe Ramsay's letter? Hoo boy. Parts of it were probably true (capturing Mance) but it reeked (no pun) of bullshit otherwise
If Stannis was dead, Ramsay should have gotten Theon and Jeyne back, yet he is asking for them in the letter.

Roose is probably flaying Ramsay right now, Stannis is fine although some of his forces may be gone. You think the big badass Manderly would have let that happen (no, he's not dead either, read again)?

>> No.1925853
File: 30 KB, 500x333, sup haters..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1925844

Hey Traitors,

My name is Stannis, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are disloyal, treacherous, scum who spend every second of their day betraying their rightful king. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever been the legitimate heir to the throne? I mean, I guess it's fun rebelling against your true king because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than having the kingsguard beat a little girl.

Don't be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I'm pretty much perfect. I was in charge of defending Storms End, and helped put down the Greyjoy rebelion. What wars did you fight in, other than "shoot crossbow bolts at peasants from behind a portcullis" I also get free onions, and have a banging hot red priestess (She just birthed a shadow; Shit was SO cash). You are all traitors who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.

Pic Related: It's me and my witch.

>> No.1925863

>>1925850 herpderp like 12 Quentin chapters though, thanks for tossing us another shitty character from Dorne and then roasting him at the end...

oh right, Quentyn AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH

It took GRRM SIX FUCKING YEARS to write the book and instead of actually keeping to any kind of master plot that would allow him to reasonably finish within 7 books (not gonna happen btw) we get over TEN CHAPTERS OF A FUCKING THROWAWAY CHARACTER NO ONE LIKED IN THE FIRST PLACE!?

Seriously, wtf is up with that? It's crossroads of twilight all over again.

>> No.1925869

>>1925863
>reasonably finish within 7 books (not gonna happen btw)
It can. Dany can get pregnant again, so that's taken care of. Jon is released from his vows and the Wall will be practically undefended while the wildlings and the Watch fight each other. Stannis is not at the wall and the Others are crossing the wall via the ocean. Dany finally came in her senses and Tyrion is a few steps from Meereen. Dany needs to come in and wipe out the slavers with Drogon and her new khalasar, and then she's ready to go to Westeros with the assistance of the Iron Fleet.
She'll land probably at the time of Spring, and by then the North is completely fucked and the riverlands are being frozen over.

>> No.1925892

>>1925863
Something to keep in mind about throwaway characters is that Ned was also a character was introduced and killed off in the same book.

Just because a character lasts one book doesn't mean their impact is diminished.

Or maybe it does. I dunno, I haven't finished Dance yet, but you just spoiled Quentyn's story for me, asshole.

>> No.1925896

>>1925853
beautiful

>> No.1925897

Things I took away from ADWD:

>The Grejoys are still doing nothing

>The Martells are still doing nothing

>Daenerys is still doing nothing

>Essos is where Westerosi characters go to become boring and stagnant

Bran, Jon, Arya, and Davos had great chapters, though. You could only read their chapters and have all you need to know for Winds of Winter.

>> No.1925903

>>1925897

And the fuckturd that is GRRM argues he might not be able to tidy up the story in just 7 books.

>> No.1925916

>>1925903
lol

I'm still reeling over how absolutely nothing happened in the east, when over half the book takes place there. Daenerys is literally in the exact same position she was in at the end of Game of Thrones. The entirety of the Mereen plot could have been cut out and nothing would have changed.

I also think it's funny how the series is getting so much publicity when it's (IMO) in a descending state of quality. I have to wonder if there's a direct correlation between the pressure of GRRM's popularity and the quality of the series.

I think the story's just getting too big for him. Dorne was crammed in at the last possible minute during Feast for Crows, and it still doesn't fit in the story. Mereen introduces an entire cast of characters that don't matter at all.

GRRM originally planned the series to be a trilogy, and that statement goes a long way in showing how out of control it is now. IMO he should've stuck with his original idea of fastforwarding the characters five years in ADWD.

>> No.1925929

>>1925916
> IMO he should've stuck with his original idea of fastforwarding the characters five years in ADWD.
That's the thing, it wouldn't have worked. The book would have been nothing but flashbacks.

>> No.1925953 [DELETED] 

>>1925929
flashback number #1
>ohh god my ass hyurts from all the rape and they killed my dad
flashback number #2
>ohh god i won the battle but the economy is destroyed and my ass hurts and they killed my dad
flashback number #4
>ohh god i got married into this and now my wife is a cunt and my ass hurts and they kiled my dad
flashback number #5
>ohh god let me describe the dornish wine it will really take the burden off of my family being slaughjtered and my swolen colon
flashback 60 years
>my dad wrote these books for neckbeards while he was on the shitter and now i inherited millions after my dad died from a ham sandwich with a swollen ass hole(was on the shitter too long)

>> No.1925960

>>1925916
He rejected that though because it wouldn't work with the television version, which he's just as involved with as the books. He's even said in interviews he considers the show a chance to revise and change up the story now, with a clearer vision of where the whole thing is going that he didn't have when he was writing it the first time.

>> No.1925961

>>1925916
I second Meereen being useless and also annoying as fuck. Oh look, it's Fhgfhd Yodhfd, come to bitch at Daenerys for not wiping her feet in the traditional Yunkai way, all while she gets wet thinking about Daario. All those consonant-cluster named characters need to die.
The only good thing out of Mereen is Barristan chapters.

>yfw when Brandon Stark fucked Barristan's waifu

>> No.1925964

>>1925961
>Fhgfhd Yodhfd
It's like I'm reading a Lovecraft novel!

>> No.1925966

>>1925964

Or anything written in Welsh.

>> No.1926055
File: 52 KB, 462x526, god what.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>yfw Manderly killed three Freys, baked them in pies, served the pies at Ramsay's feast and had six servings himself

>> No.1926060

>>1926055
That's because he's such a badass

>> No.1926067

I'm only up to the first Davos chapter and I don't even give a fuck about any of the spoilers. Only two Arya chapters? Where does this fat fuck live again?

>> No.1926070

>>1926055
I loved that scene, he's stuffing his fat face with pie and shouting to the musicians to play 'The Rat King' right in front of the Boltons. Total badass

>> No.1926071

>>1926070
I also love when another Frey tries to throw him shit about his missing relatives and he's just sitting there, eating, going all "I ain't seen no Freys, Frey my nigga" while he's probably already shat them out. And then Frey tries to slit Manderly's throat and his layers of fat protect him. Truly, the man is blessed.

>> No.1926345

>>1926071

"Maybe it's good he died, since he won't have to grow up to be a Frey"

MAH NIGGA

And bets on whether Jon is actually dead?

>> No.1926348

>>1926345
Obviously not dead, it's just the Azor Ahai rebirth as he was stabbed under a bleeding star (Ser Patrek being torn apart by Wun Wun, his shield having a star on it), his wounds "smoked" and Marsh was crying while stabbing IE salt.

>> No.1926358

>>1926348
It's a red herring. I really doubt Jon is AA. Obviously it's not Stannis either, though.

Could it be Dany? I tend to think that Aemon's interpretation might be right, but then again, it could just be Targaryan pride. But I have a hard time thinking that anything could defeat the Others better than fucking DRAGONS.

On the other hand, I'm starting to think Dany isn't really worthy of her dragons. She's turned into a little cunt... it could be that she's just the mother of dragons, though not necessarily their keeper.

Also, Victarion now has a HAND MADE OF FIRE. He is sufficiently badass to be AA, I think.

>> No.1926369

>>1926358
Jon is the Prince who was Promised and Dany is AA
it is known

No but seriously, it's looking more like dany is the red herring (babby Aegon survived [maybe], Jon getting all the AA shit)

Victarion has no qualifications for AA as of yet

I'd believe Jon was killed off if it wasn't for Mel's "I look in the fire to see our savior and all I see is Snow", "his figure changed from man to wolf to man" and Jon's dream of killing Others and wights with a flaming sword.
Everyone else important got at least a little bit of buildup before they were killed. Ned had it a long time coming and Robb was built up for a whole chapter. Jon was pretty much stabbed out of the blue. It's like killing off Stannis outside a POV.

And before you argue, no, Stannis is not dead.

>> No.1926374

>>1925869
>Tyrion is a few steps from Meereen.

Tyrion was IN Mereen. But then Drogon ex Machina came by.

>> No.1926376

>>1926374
Well he wouldn't have gotten to Dany anyway, with or without Drogon. He needs to come on his own terms, not as a slave.

>> No.1926379 [DELETED] 

>your face when Penny is Tyrion's daughter

>> No.1926378

>>1926345
He's dead.

But he's not going to stay dead.

>> No.1926389

>>1926379
oh god
this would be such a tweest of unimaginable scale

but knowing GRRM they'll end up banging each other first

>>1926378
I just wonder if he'll return as "undead" via R'hllor resurrection or wightification, or will he experience rebirth through his funeral pyre.
The first two options would most likely mean that we lose his POV and that sucks, the latter would be for the best.

>> No.1926398

>>1926389
>"undead" via R'hllor resurrection or wightification
Or warging into Ghost.

>we lose his POV
Which somewhat makes sense, since we now have a new POV at the Wall (i.e. Melisandre).

>> No.1926402

>>1926378
Yeah, he'll be resurrected somehow. I figure that he had to die in order to release him from his night's watch vow.

I did like that the dragons are depicted as properly monstrous and near impossible to control though, i was worried that it might go a bit how to train your dragon once they were big enough to ride.

>> No.1926403

>>1926398
Unless Jon's POV gets the fuck out of the Wall and goes off somewhere else.

>> No.1926404

I'm still butthurt about what Theon did on Winterfel but he was a little more sympathetic/pitiful this time though I still don't like him

also the scene where Bran speaks to him was kinda cool

>> No.1926405

>>1926398
>Or warging into Ghost.
Yes, but how about his body? It would have to be revived by one of those three methods or he'd have to live inside Ghost / start warging into people

>Which somewhat makes sense, since we now have a new POV at the Wall (i.e. Melisandre).
Yeah but it would suck. Sure, he was mediocre and angst-ridden for the first two books and half of the third, but then he turned pretty great and in ADWD he's a man already

>> No.1926409

>>1926405
He's not dead, I didn't slough through four books of him derping on the Wall just to see him being stabbed by Bowen Marsh, Lord of Red Shirt

>> No.1926412

>>1926403
Well only Targaryens, or people with their blood, seem to have much chance of controlling a dragon. So perhaps he'll join Dany and ride one of the dragons.

>> No.1926418

>>1926412
>Well only Targaryens, or people with their blood, seem to have much chance of controlling a dragon. So perhaps he'll join Dany and ride one of the drago
The oldest theory in the series and I REALLY hope it doesn't end on the
>dany lands in Westeros
>whips Other ass with dragons
>falls in love with Jon
>they ride dragons and whoop Other ass
>get married
>live happily ever after as king and queen
note

>> No.1926421

>>1926418
Talking about that, in Dany's last chapter she's basically pissing blood from her cunt like there's no tomorrow. All bets are off on whether she's not barren anymore (and thus Mirri Maz Duur was talking shit)

>> No.1926425

all these discussions amuse me because grrm is going to die long before he can finish this series

why else would he needlessly complicate this shit so much? nothing fucking happens in adwd, except that new characters are introduced and the story becomes way more complicated.

then cliffhangers. dozens of them. which is the most straightforward way for an author to say "buy my next book, bitches".

i remember neal gaiman's famous post where he proclaimed that "grrm is not your bitch", and the subtext of the entire thing was "rather, YOU are grrm's bitch, you bitch". i wholeheartedly agree.

>> No.1926426

>>1926421
mirri maz duur basically cursed her
Too bad the curse is being undone (sun sets in the east = Martell, oceans drying = Dothraki sea going pale, mountains flying in the wind could be either the Meereeneese pyramids crumbling under dragons, or if Robert Strong gets defeated or burned)

>> No.1926434

>>1926425
>implying the best part of asoiaf isn't making up crazy theories and telling everyone online

>>1926426
You there, you're right.

>> No.1926437

>>1926426
Drogo will come back, won't he? ;_;

>> No.1926438

is there site that lists all prophetic dreams, prophecies, etc. we got from the books?

>> No.1926439

>>1926418
Knowing GRRM dragons will probably be near useless against the Others.

And i still don't know what the fuck Varys' game is. Did Rhaegar manage to convince him that his son was AA to the point where he'd destroy half the realm just to get him on the throne?

>> No.1926441

>>1926434
>implying the best part of asoiaf isn't making up crazy theories and telling everyone online

>all these discussions amuse me

did I really imply that?

>> No.1926442

>>1926438
You could try towerofthehand and awoiaf. Not sure if they are there though.

>> No.1926450

>>1926439
This. I thought Varys's game was "Any Targaryen will do", but now it seems it's Aegon all day erry day forevah I still think he's not real, btw .

Jon Connington has the gays for Rhaegar so much it's hilarious, however.

>> No.1926451

>>1926439
>dragons will probably be near useless against the Others.

That doesn't make any sense, though. Fire is one of the few things that are useful against Others, along with Valyrian (i.e. Targaryan) steel and dragonglass. Meanwhile, dragons are embodied fire. If dragons can't bitch-slap Others, for some contrived reason, that would just be gay. Gay like GRRM.

Ok, I see your point now.

>> No.1926452

>>1926442

as far I see they don't have them sadly

>> No.1926454

>>1926450
>I still think he's not real

BEWARE THE MUMMER'S DRAGON

>> No.1926460

>>1926451
Is fire actually useful against Others? I fairly certain that they avoid light but for some reason i seem to remember that they aren't vulnerable to fire like the wights are.

I mean, if they could be killed with fire then you could just use fire arrows against them, you wouldn't need dragon glass.

>> No.1926464

>>1926460
I think it's dragon fire that does the trick.

>> No.1926465

>>1926437
drogo might be reborn as dany's child, dunno
>>1926438
the citadel at westeros.org has them
>>1926454
>BEWARE THE MUMMER'S DRAGON
"mummer's dragon" doesn't mean he's a fake
mummer being Varys, so he's Varys's dragon

>> No.1926469

>>1926464
You're probably right. It can melt steel after all so it's not exactly normal fire.

>> No.1926470

>>1926465
But Dany sees a fake dragon in her vision.

>> No.1926475

>>1926465
>the citadel at westeros.org has them

thanks

>> No.1926479

>>1926470
>But Dany sees a fake dragon in her vision.
it was described as a mummer's dragon
there's nothing proving aegon is a fake yet

>> No.1926481

>>1926465
That's the same feeling I had. Beware Aegon because his motivations aren't hers and he's an agent of Varys.

>> No.1926492

>>1926460
>if they could be killed with fire then you could just use fire arrows against them
They do. Sam is the first person to kill an Other in hand-to-hand combat, with dragonglass, but the fire arrows are effective too. IIRC, Sam overhears archers shouting "I got one!", when they were using fire arrows against the Others.

>>1926465
>"mummer's dragon" doesn't mean he's a fake
>mummer being Varys, so he's Varys's dragon
I realize that, which is why I just restated the prophecy itself. It's still too ambiguous right now. Also, "you westerosi take your sigil's too seriously". Anyone who dons the Targaryan sigil is considered a dragon in Westeros, so there are several levels at which we can understand the prophecy. Is Young Griff a real Targaryan, or is he just a good forgery (i.e. a mummer's dragon)? Even if he is the real Aegon, is he in control of his own actions (i.e. is he just Varys' creature)? Will a mummer (e.g. Tyrion) ride an actual dragon? Etc.

>>1926469
>It can melt steel after all so it's not exactly normal fire.
Normal fire can melt steel. That's how steel forging works.

>> No.1926496

>>1926492
>IIRC, Sam overhears archers shouting "I got one!", when they were using fire arrows against the Others.
There were no Others at the fist. In reality, they have only been spotted three times in the series. Two prologues and Sam.
>I realize that, which is why I just restated the prophecy itself. It's still too ambiguous right now. Also, "you westerosi take your sigil's too seriously". Anyone who dons the Targaryan sigil is considered a dragon in Westeros, so there are several levels at which we can understand the prophecy. Is Young Griff a real Targaryan, or is he just a good forgery (i.e. a mummer's dragon)? Even if he is the real Aegon, is he in control of his own actions (i.e. is he just Varys' creature)? Will a mummer (e.g. Tyrion) ride an actual dragon? Etc.
I won't argue about the legitimacy point as that's still open, but he's obviously controlled by Varys in the end.

>> No.1926512

>>1926496
Varys showing up at the end = GRRM writing himself in the book?

>> No.1926518

>>1926512
By that I mean, a fat old fuck with no balls who murders cool characters for the lulz.

>> No.1926523

>>1926518
I was just about to say "by that you mean, a fat faggot being a faggot?"

>> No.1926530

>>1926496
>There were no Others at the fist
wut

i respectfully disagree. the entire sequence where sam slays an other only came about because they were fleeing the fist, and the others, who were at the fist, were pursuing them.

>> No.1926539

>>1926530
>i respectfully disagree. the entire sequence where sam slays an other only came about because they were fleeing the fist, and the others, who were at the fist, were pursuing them.
Show me a quote where they explicitly state to seeing Others at the Fist. Being pursued by them is different, they probably like hunting down people. And they seem to want to stay away from danger too, they haven't been seen in a high-risk situation since the prologue of GoT and even there they had overwhelming numbers.
I'm guessing they're a species on the decline and are trying to save themselves or something by heading south. Maybe they can reinforce their numbers with human babbies (Craster's sons).

>> No.1926542

>>1926492
>Normal fire can melt steel

You need quite a lot of time and equipment to get a furnace/forge hot enough to melt steel, the dragons seem to be able to produce fire of that temperature at will. Hence why i called it abnormal.

And i think the Others didn't assault the fist directly but rather waited for the wights to break them give chase as they ran.

>> No.1926549

>>1926530

Wights attacked the Fist. Others were probably coming behind them, using wights as meatshields.

>> No.1926559

I can't wait to find out that Jon is just dead, no resurrection or anything, just dead.

Oh that will be great

>> No.1926561

>>1926559
Better than having him return with no POV

>> No.1926565

>>1926559
I will hunt down Martin and piss on eveything he loves

>> No.1926569

>>1926542
>You need quite a lot of time and equipment to get a furnace/forge hot enough to melt steel
Not really. Steel is an alloy of iron and other shits. If you can make it at all, which westorisi niggas can, then you can melt it.

>the dragons seem to be able to produce fire of that temperature at will
Agreed. Hence, the Iron Throne (though notice it is not the STEEL throne).

>> No.1926574

>>1926569
Iron Throne sounds more badass than Steel Throne
obviously the swords in it are steel though

>> No.1926577

My favorite part of the whole book? Brienne had exactly one line.

>> No.1926585

>>1926561
>having him return with no POV

JON

It was dark. So very, very dark. He felt nothing. In fact, he was unaware of himself. There seemed to be no self. Only nothingness. When he tried opening his eyes, there was nothing to see, even no eyes to open, or a body to open them. He would have felt cold, if there was a "he" to feel, or cold to be felt.

THIS WILL LAST 27 PAGES

>> No.1926593

>>1926585
What are you getting at

>> No.1926596

>>1926574
>obviously the swords in it are steel

I dunno. That depends on how old it is. It would make sense to me that, during Aegon's Conquest, only the Valyrians could actually make steel.

>> No.1926597

>>1926585
I lol'd harder than I should have.
What gives me strength through the night is the thought that Martin hates writing wolf-POVs, so we will be spared chapters upon chapters of Jon warging Ghost.
It's human Jon or nothing at all, baby.

>> No.1926600

>>1926569
Steel is just iron with a little carbon. And yes obviously they can make it but you cannot get fire to the temperature required to melt it with an ordinary forge. At their level of technology in the real world it was just about possible with the right forge and some luck.

>> No.1926608

>>1926596
First Men brought bronze and iron to Westeros, Andals brought steel
normal steel has existed way before Aegon came

>> No.1926613

>>1926600
I should add in case it's not obvious, that you do not need to be able to melt a solid chunk of steel in order to produce steel. Before the blast furnace was invented various other methods were used.

>> No.1926614

Is anyone else distraught by the fact that Bran is now hardwired into a tree?

>> No.1926625

>>1926614
More interested in the fact that Bloodraven told him that darkness would be his ally. Seems to be the complete opposite of what Melisandre has said so far about darkness being the realm of The Other.

>> No.1926633

>>1926625
>Seems to be the complete opposite of what Melisandre has said so far about darkness being the realm of The Other.
>he actually believes Melisandre's ramblings!

>> No.1926639

>>1926633
Well, not just her then, her whole religion. She saw Bran in the fire as her enemy too.

Clearly she is against the Others. And the children of the forest/old god are presumably against the Others. Perhaps they are going to end up fighting each other though.

>> No.1926656

>>1926614
>>1926625
>"He sees a sapling weirwood rapidly growing from the cliff side, and it has Bran's face, except it has three eyes. He wonders if his brother always had three eyes, and the weirwood tells him that it wasn't the case until the crow. John smells wolf, tree and boy, and warm earth, hard stone and death. Bran tells him that he likes it in the dark, and then the weirwood touches Jon to open his eye."

from Book 2. It seems he will get used to the darkness.

>> No.1926694

I'm reading the westeros.org boards and it's appalling how the admin's lips are tightly wound around Martin's cock.

>> No.1926698

>>1926694
You mean Ran? I find him a pretty decent dude (met him in real life). You gotta remember that he's one of the biggest ASOIAF fans out there and he and his wife have pretty much built their life around GRRM's works

I admire that sort of dedication, and if it comes with a sort of blindness to the faults of the series, so be it. The forums are one of the best managed forums on the internet, there's almost zero trolling (apart from the Ramsay guys) and the admins aren't dictators.

>> No.1926704

>>1926698
I don't know, I see people having discussion as usual and he butts in with "OH MAN I REMEMBER THAT PART FROM WHEN I GOT THE EARLY RELEASE FROM GEORGE, ISN'T IT AWESOME HOW HE DOES THIS?" or "AS SOON AS I FIGURED IT OUT I RAN TO GEORGE AND HE SAID YES!". Dude, you like the books and you're pals with Martin, it's great, the books are great, you are great, but now please stop mentioning it every five seconds, it's creepy.

As for trolls, aye, I'd say the only notable ones are a very recent wave of "hurrr Martin kills all my fav characters series dropped"

>> No.1926718

>>1926704
>the only notable ones are a very recent wave of "hurrr Martin kills all my fav characters series dropped"
Those I've noticed, but it's admirable how people deal with them anyway, it's just a shrug and they're ontopic again. Wish I could say that much for 4chan.
>"OH MAN I REMEMBER THAT PART FROM WHEN I GOT THE EARLY RELEASE FROM GEORGE, ISN'T IT AWESOME HOW HE DOES THIS?" or "AS SOON AS I FIGURED IT OUT I RAN TO GEORGE AND HE SAID YES!"
I always figured he was George's pal, but I've never seen him really gloating about it. The most extreme cases have been where he has mentioned reading some pre-print manuscript and how things changed from it in the final version

>> No.1926745

>>1926718
I'll give them props for how well-behaved they are, ser.