[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 7 KB, 225x225, 1632692000991.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19225012 No.19225012 [Reply] [Original]

>I asked for very little from life, and even this little was denied me. A nearby field, a ray of sunlight, a little bit of calm along with a bit of bread, not to feel oppressed by the knowledge that I exist, not to demand anything from others, and not to have others demand anything from me – this was denied me, like the spare change we might deny a beggar not because we’re mean-hearted but because we don’t feel like unbuttoning our coat. Sadly I write in my quiet room, alone as I have always been, alone as I will always be. And I wonder if my apparently negligible voice might not embody the essence of thousands of voices, the longing for self-expression of thousands of lives, the patience of millions of souls resigned like my own to their daily lot, their useless dreams, and their hopeless hopes. In these moments my heart beats faster because I’m conscious of it. I live more because I live on high. I feel a religious force within me, a species of prayer, a kind of public outcry. But my mind quickly puts me in my place… I remember that I’m on the fourth floor of the Rua dos Douradores, and I take a drowsy look at myself. I glance up from this half-written page at life, futile and without beauty, and at the cheap cigarette I’m about to extinguish in the ashtray beyond the fraying blotter. Me in this fourth-floor room, interrogating life!, saying what souls feel!, writing prose like a genius or a famous author! Me, here, a genius!…

literally me to be honest with you

>> No.19225052

>>19225012
>literally me being honest with you
Ill also be honest with you OP:
It feels kind of awkward saying this, but what you wrote was beautiful.

For real, you should be proud of this :)

>> No.19225118

>>19225012
for to every one who has will more be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who has not, even what he has will be taken away. — Matthew 25:29

>> No.19225202

>>19225052
That's Fernando Pessoa you retard

>> No.19225232
File: 976 KB, 859x958, 1594531598354.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Literally me, but I struggle on.

>> No.19225393

>>19225202
Thanks for letting me know. Just googled him now, and he looks interesting. Is "a little larger..." a good place to start with Pessoa?