[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 174 KB, 1200x1200, leo-tolstoyjpg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19223494 No.19223494 [Reply] [Original]

I often swing back and forth between literary phase and work phase.
Literary phase is when I drown myself in books, and work phase is when I drown myself in work. When I'm in my literary phase, I grow an acute appreciation for everything art, and I often regret why I haven't become an artist or writer of some sort.
Currently I'm in my work phase, and recently encountered a literary discussion on YouTube. Speakers were really invested in the talk, but I couldn't help thinking things like 'who gives a shit?', 'why does it matter?'
How do I reconcile these two versions of me?

>> No.19223539

>>19223494
why don't you just work and then read in your free time?

>> No.19223774

>>19223494
I can relate, sometimes I wouldn't touch a book for months to do something more important. For example, since January I have been busy with crypto and haven't touched any of my philosophy books, I was going to get through Plato and Aristotle but I managed to only read the epic poems before putting everything on hold. Anyways once I hit my goal of 100K and sell my crypto gains I will dedicate more time to reading.