[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 21 KB, 346x350, Rene-guenon-1925.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.19214343 [Reply] [Original]

Why does he make people seethe so hard? The way in which people react when his name is mentioned, really makes you think... Maybe he has a point... In any case, I want to see it for myself. With what book should I start?

>> No.19214369

>>19214343
>Why does he make people seethe so hard?
Actual answer according to my more intelligent friend: Guenon was completely correct about what he noticed in that so much tradition and religion all trended towards having the same universal traits — What makes him an utter meme is that like many other intellectuals he uses his well built premises to then declare that since all these religions are pointing to the same thing he would convert to SUFI ISLAM.

Not only Islam, but a meme sect of Islam — basically using the premises he built to justify his meme pro-orientalism. Throw in memes from less educated people about White Sharia and you get the perfect ideology in the modern day to make people mad.